PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me on how to do this kind of braid??

Thumper
July 23rd, 2009, 08:17 AM
I dont' know what it's called but saw it on a girl and loved it! The braid looked just like a headband. It appeared that the hair would have started on one side near the back of the ear and then crossed over the scalp along the hairline to behind the other ear in a cornrow fashion. How would you secure the ends though for this to make sure it stays in place?

Any ideas ladies?

Thanks!

irreverent
July 23rd, 2009, 08:19 AM
I would do that with a lace braid, myself.

KatKeRo
July 23rd, 2009, 08:21 AM
I was thinking lacebraid also.

Fencai
July 23rd, 2009, 08:27 AM
I would agree with a lace braid.

either that, or she just braided the one side behind her ear, wrapped it around her head and pinned it on the other side.

Themyst
July 23rd, 2009, 08:45 AM
I've done that. I used these really tiny hairclips that were heck to get out at the end of the day but they worked well and weren't very noticeable. The clips are about one centimeter big.

florenonite
July 23rd, 2009, 05:38 PM
I do that sometimes. I either secure it with a wee silicone band right behind my ear or with a mini claw clip.

I do a lace Dutch braid.

snowbear
July 23rd, 2009, 09:54 PM
That sounds like a dutch lace crown braid, to me. Have you seen getoffmyskittle's YouTube tutorial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y6OJBxBWGo) about it?

Themyst
July 23rd, 2009, 11:05 PM
That sounds like a dutch lace crown braid, to me. Have you seen getoffmyskittle's YouTube tutorial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y6OJBxBWGo) about it?

Good grief I'm a moron. I watched it three times and still don't get it. I guess I'll just have boring hair the rest of my life. I'm going to bed.:(

Raederle
July 24th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Good grief I'm a moron. I watched it three times and still don't get it. I guess I'll just have boring hair the rest of my life. I'm going to bed.:(

I'll settle for your "boring hair" any day :D.

Themyst
July 24th, 2009, 08:43 AM
I'll settle for your "boring hair" any day :D.

Well, thanks ... heh, sorry 'bout that. I was in a really bad mood yesterday. Nothing has been going right lately and I did actually stomp off to bed, pouting. How ridiculous. And I'm always so frustrated that my coordination is so bad that I just can't get these hairstyles. :steam

snowbear
July 24th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Aww! Don't feel so bad! I can't do a crown braid to save my life! That tutorial was the closest I've come to doing a proper braid, but I'm still light-years away.
Squiggly floppy diagonal braid thing approximately starting at my crown and ending at my shoulder? I'm excellent at that.

We all have our strengths and weaknesses. Obviously, my weaknesses include braids.