PDA

View Full Version : Dont know how to wear my curly hair

Jenny.Wren
July 23rd, 2009, 02:04 AM
My hair is naturally curly, BSL. I have shorter layers around my face which I'm growing out - these lengths are at my chin.

I love my curls but very rarely wear my hair naturally as I find i don't know "how to wear it" :confused: I end up using hair straighteners to make my hair wavy or I end up just putting it in a pony tail - i'm even rubbish at putting my hair up :(

If I leave it naturally, I don't like what my hair does at the front, it parts naturally in the middle but looks odd (well to me it does) so I don't know what to do with the front bits. I wouldn't even know how to pin it back nicely.

How do you all wear your hair, especially at the front?

manderly
July 23rd, 2009, 02:39 AM
Have you been to the wurly & curly thread?

I pin my front hairs back while they dry to avoid kooky hair in the front. I also like to clip back the sides with 2 little claws, or wear a headband. But most often I just let it be, au naturale, with a center-ish part :)

Ooh, or to get it off my neck I wear it in a high peacock twist, so high that the ends kind of sit on top my head pointing forwards instead of just flipping over the back :)

Roseate
July 23rd, 2009, 02:53 AM
The hair around my face is much less wurly than the rest of my hair, and what curl it has is usually ruined by me touching it if I leave it down. So I pretty much always have some part of the front pulled back- sometimes I pin up just the 'bangs' part in a little poof, sometimes I have a twist on both sides, sometimes it's all in a half-up. (like in my avatar over there<-----) It's very rare for me to go out without a pin in there somewhere!

Pierre
July 23rd, 2009, 05:05 AM
My usual style these days is as follows: Part the hair in the middle, twist each side in a single short loop, clamp the loop in a Flexi behind the ear, and leave the curly ends dangling. The ends just touch my shoulders. A variant of that is the same without the loop, but with both sides of my beard in the Flexi to fill it out, in the opposite direction to my hair. The ends meet below the chin.

Rentlle
July 23rd, 2009, 05:37 AM
wow, your curls are just lovely!
I think you would get easy and quick (and beautiful looking) updo's by just updo-ing your curls with mini-crocodile clips! :D
just take a curl
pin it
I think that's realy gorgeous in your hair :)
I don't know what to do with the front curls.. don't have curls myself..
but maybe you will find anwers in the wurly/curly-thread :)

sana junaid
August 9th, 2009, 09:46 PM
love your curls just wear a headband or pin it back when they are wet u will get straight hairs from front :)

redcelticcurls
August 9th, 2009, 09:53 PM
I like headbands a lot to keep the hair from falling in my face. I have updos and front of head shots in my albums if that helps.

The mini jaw clip suggestion is also excellent.

Yes, please join the wurly/curly thread too!

Speckla
August 9th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Your hair is beautiful. Sometimes keeping bangs clipped back and letting the rest stay down and loose is the easiest and prettiest ways to wear curls. :D Just pin it back any ol' way and you'll soon discover what looks best to you.

ikn
August 10th, 2009, 03:13 AM
I used to have bangs and still have layers. While my bangs were growing out (really annoying) I learnt to French/Butch braid them taking in new hair only from the hairlinen (one side of the braid) to make it look nicer. I find that this still works really well as I too have somewhat curly hair which is different lengths around my face. Wearing it down without my bangbraid is just a hassle.