PDA

View Full Version : Hairtype me please?

DolphinPrincess
April 12th, 2008, 07:43 PM
I know, it's been done, and re-done and over done, but I need help! I thought I was 1c/2a, but looking at my siggy pic, I'm just not so sure anymore. Help, please!

spidermom
April 12th, 2008, 07:46 PM
I'd put you at 2C. It's mostly wavy, but I see a few 3A spirals trying to form. It'll will be more and more gorgeous as it grows; take it from me. I have a lot more spirals at my current length (when freshly washed and air dried) than I did at your length.

Nat242
April 12th, 2008, 07:48 PM
There's no way you're 1c/2a! That's my type, and my hair is much straighter than yours. Your wurls are lovely! I'd say at least 2b/2c.

-- Natalie

Druid of Alba
April 12th, 2008, 07:50 PM
I would say 2b/2c. Your hair looks beautiful, by the way!

DolphinPrincess
April 12th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Thanks! I used to constantly brush or comb as my hair was drying, because I'd try to make it straight, but for that picture I let my hair dry overnight, then took the picture first thing in the morning.

SweetPea88
April 12th, 2008, 07:54 PM
It looks similar to mine, I'd also say 2b/2c.

prosperina
April 12th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Yup, 2b/2c for sure. :flower:

Riot Crrl
April 12th, 2008, 10:21 PM
I'd tend toward 2c. As your hair gets longer, watch for spirals, you could end up a 3a!

PatGear
April 12th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Another vote for 2b/2c, closer to 2c. When it gets longer, you'll know for sure.

socks
April 13th, 2008, 02:36 AM
It looks like a 2c to me.

Irishred
April 13th, 2008, 08:25 AM
At least a 2b towards 2c.

I tend to rate lower though as I did with my own hair for a long time.

jojo
April 13th, 2008, 04:16 PM
2c with potential for 3a hair id say, you have mainly waves and with a tad more length im thinking spirals will develop, nice hair BTW x

mommy2one05
April 15th, 2008, 03:46 PM
normally as your hair grows longer, it will weigh down and become straighter

mommy2one05
April 15th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Thanks! I used to constantly brush or comb as my hair was drying, because I'd try to make it straight, but for that picture I let my hair dry overnight, then took the picture first thing in the morning.

i have not typed my hair yet, but can you not comb out the tangles after washing

Stacy_E
April 15th, 2008, 05:25 PM
I'm thinking 2c as well, the same as me. I think there's the potential for more wave/curl in your hair. I know when I sleep on my wet hair, I don't get as many waves/curls as I do when I just let it dry without touching it whatsoever.

I hear you about always combing and brushing to get the wave out. All throughout my childhood, teens, and 20's I yearned for straight hair and I tried to beat mine into submission. Then in my 30's a miraculous thing happened...I discovered the natural beauty of my own natural wave, and I have never looked back.

Embrace your beautiful waves! Your hair looks so shiny and nice, and so rich in color.

mommy2one05
April 15th, 2008, 05:37 PM
now I was going to type my hair but someone said I need to wash it and then do nothing...do not sleep with it wet, no detangling or combing....so then how do you know if it's waves or tangles???...maybe my s wave is a sign I have more waves and just am combing them out or maybe not...confused ahh

wishfulthinking
April 15th, 2008, 05:47 PM
mommy2one05,
When I did typing of my hair, I detangled my hair with conditioner and a wide tooth comb in the shower so that it didn't get tangly out of the shower. I just got out of the shower and let it air dry from there.

KaeleyAnne
April 15th, 2008, 05:50 PM
now I was going to type my hair but someone said I need to wash it and then do nothing...do not sleep with it wet, no detangling or combing....so then how do you know if it's waves or tangles???...maybe my s wave is a sign I have more waves and just am combing them out or maybe not...confused ahh

When I typed my hair, I combed my hair while it had conditioner in it in the shower. That way there weren't too many tangles from washing my hair - I figured that the tangles from rinsing out the conditioner would be minimal for me. Then I let my hair air dry, hanging loose.

mommy2one05
April 15th, 2008, 05:55 PM
so I could comb it in the shower with co in it...and then rinse the co out and then leave it alone while it drys right?

cuddledumplin
April 15th, 2008, 05:57 PM
I'd say 2b, but go with whatever you feel is right.

wishfulthinking
April 16th, 2008, 06:19 AM
so I could comb it in the shower with co in it...and then rinse the co out and then leave it alone while it drys right?

Yes, that is what I do.

Katze
April 16th, 2008, 06:23 AM
from what I understand you go with the overall look and behavior. I would say 2b/2c, as I associate 3s with spirals, but I am, myself, barely wavy and get corkscrew spirals sometimes. So the average of my hair is between 1c and 2a. You're in the high 2s at least.

hth!