PDA

View Full Version : My first ever CO!!!

Knittergirl
July 22nd, 2009, 10:09 PM
Tonight I did my first ever CO!!!:cheese: My wash routine has been W & C on Sat. and Wed. But starting today I am washing on Sat and Coing on Wed. We'll see how it goes...

Myeka
July 22nd, 2009, 10:14 PM
How does it feel so far?

I'm addicted to CO!

Knittergirl
July 22nd, 2009, 10:16 PM
Well, it is still wet, so I can't know for sure, but it feels good. Of course, my hair adores condtioner, so we'll see tomorrow.

Bellalalala
July 22nd, 2009, 10:34 PM
Good luck!

A new hair routine is always so exciting.

Naamah
July 22nd, 2009, 10:43 PM
I did that for the first time today as well! :) I love how it feels.

FallenAngel
July 22nd, 2009, 11:42 PM
I'm on CO mostly. I toss in a CWC once in a while. Love it!

Aeon F.
July 22nd, 2009, 11:59 PM
Yaee for you! :hollie: I love doing CO!

Good luck & hope it works well for you!

Knittergirl
July 23rd, 2009, 06:53 AM
So while you brought it up, what are the advantages of CWC?

ButterCup02
July 23rd, 2009, 08:22 AM
I hope it went well for you :) I love CO!

Fencai
July 23rd, 2009, 08:28 AM
good luck! keep us posted!

SimplyViki
July 23rd, 2009, 09:04 AM
Congrats! Your hair dry yet? Did the CO remove the grease? My mom still doesn't believe it would really work. :p

You asked about CWC - that's my chosen method, and I just use it because the first C is to protect the length of the hair from the harshness of the shampoo. No fancier reason than that, although I'm sure fancier reasons and explanations exist.

Bianca
July 23rd, 2009, 10:10 AM
Another CO lover here... :D It's just the best thing I have ever done for my hair... :p

FallenAngel
July 23rd, 2009, 10:17 AM
Why CWC? Well... I used SC... or just S before I joined this site (about 7 months ago). Then I started with CWC, but since my hair is pretty short I wash quite often (every 2-3 days) so I thought that if I could cut the use of S it would benefit my hair.

Now I use S maybe once in 2 weeks, in between only C, and I think it makes my hair feel healthier. Why use S at all? Sometimes I just feel like my hair and scalp needs a "harsher" clean than with just C.

I hope I make sense. :)

Naamah
July 23rd, 2009, 03:28 PM
I've never tried CWC before, maybe I should.
Did CO for a second time today, it feels even better than yesterday. I don't think I rinsed the conditioner out enough yesterday, it was a tiny bit greasy. But today my hair feels amazing. :D

Knittergirl
July 23rd, 2009, 11:43 PM
I just took my hair out of a bun, and it feels awesome!!! I'm liking CO!!

Desideira
July 24th, 2009, 12:36 AM
May I asked whatconditoner it was?

I would like to try CO wases but here I dont have acces to VO5 or Suave.

Here where I live we have all the drugstor rands like garnier, pantene, nivea and all the salon brands.

Any recomendations?

ChrissieM
July 24th, 2009, 07:16 AM
I love CO! I hope it works for you long term...I've been doing it a lot more recently and I have noticed less shedding and easier detangling. And my hair feels more like...hair....since I switched to a cone-free regimen. My favorite is Suave Juicy Green Apple.

Maddy25
July 24th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Can I be a total newbie and ask what CO means?

Reptilia
July 24th, 2009, 07:46 AM
I picked it up again yesterday! I had been doing it for a couple months, than moved where the water is much softer and my hair suddenly didn't like COing at all. Now it's adjusted and it seems to be working again!

ChrissieM
July 24th, 2009, 07:50 AM
my hair doesn't like CO-ing when the water is soft either. I was just at my MIL's house for a week and her water is so soft to the point I just feel slimy when showering. I had to use shampoo there.

And Maddy, CO is conditioner-only washing. You don't need shampoo to get your hair clean!

SpinDance
July 24th, 2009, 09:50 AM
I've tried CO a few times, but while it felt nice for a while, by the end of the day it felt greasy again. From the comments about soft water maybe that's why, since our water is softened.

JamieLeigh
July 24th, 2009, 11:39 AM
I hope you enjoy CO. It doesn't work for everyone, so don't be discouraged if you don't take to it like some folks. Lots of people who try CO and don't like it, end up going to CWC which is the next step up.

Personally, as for CO, I love it, and I've been doing it since January with no thought of going back to either shampoo or -cones. :D

Knittergirl
July 24th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Desideira, it is coney suave professionals damage something-or-other. I know you are really suposed to use cone-free, but that was what I had. I really like it too!! I am still washing with shampoo on Saturdays, simply because I like shampoo!

LittleOrca
July 24th, 2009, 01:29 PM
I love CO washing and soaking. :) It makes me hair so soft and extra shiny. :) GL with yours!