PDA

View Full Version : you were right

redneckprincess
July 22nd, 2009, 09:17 AM
I now wish I had not dont that last straightning perm on my hair, my DD's still looks great (even better) but mine not so much, I should have given it more time and thought about it more throughly....oh well whats done is done and now I have to live with it...it will grow out eventually

no more chemicals or sissors for me!!!

Carolyn
July 22nd, 2009, 09:20 AM
We all learn from our mistakes.

melrose1985
July 22nd, 2009, 09:37 AM
Dont worry it's happens! but atleast you know now and arent always wondering.

With my last perm (big mistake) i had to cut all my hair off, it sucks, but i know now that i dont ever want that again!

redneckprincess
July 22nd, 2009, 09:48 AM
yeah, Im glad I dont have to cut it off due to any damage, My hair is starting to want to curl but there is no wave pattern for it now and it just looks hidious, but it will grow out and become something im sure...besides I already know I will have to cut off my blonde hairs eventually (some where around BSL or longer) but now I think I will need to take off more (at that time, in about another year or so)...

lora410
July 22nd, 2009, 10:35 AM
yeah, Im glad I dont have to cut it off due to any damage, My hair is starting to want to curl but there is no wave pattern for it now and it just looks hidious, but it will grow out and become something im sure...besides I already know I will have to cut off my blonde hairs eventually (some where around BSL or longer) but now I think I will need to take off more (at that time, in about another year or so)...

That is when you wear it up or pulled back as much as possible. My hair did this at your length as well.

AnneAdeline
July 22nd, 2009, 10:38 AM
At least you got it out of your system before your hair was longer. Plus, hadn't you planned on cutting the blond ends off anyway?
Now you can move forward and grow. :)

redneckprincess
July 22nd, 2009, 11:05 AM
At least you got it out of your system before your hair was longer. Plus, hadn't you planned on cutting the blond ends off anyway?
Now you can move forward and grow. :)
yes I have been planning that ever since the day I had it cut even before then really, I didnt have the guts to shave it all off then...so that hasnt really effected my plans just made them more so important, lol

ericthegreat
July 22nd, 2009, 01:54 PM
Hey we all need to first make mistakes in order to learn from them. :) And your hair prob doesn't look as bad as you perceive it to be at least to other people. Just really nurture your hair from this point on(weekly deep conditioning treatments, coconut oilings) and my suggestion is to simply avoid the entire block of the salon you happen to be going to so you don't get the urge to go and do something else that you'll come to regret! :D

magpielaura
July 22nd, 2009, 02:17 PM
Sometimes you just have to try to really know, and now you will have a great warning story to post in some future "shall I do this?" thread! Its good it worked for your daughter - some things that would make one persons hair very unhappy work fine on someone elses.

Speckla
July 22nd, 2009, 04:04 PM
Now is a good time to learn to do a protein DT. :) Protein can really strengthen chemically treated hair. It fills in the weak places.

redneckprincess
July 22nd, 2009, 06:59 PM
Hey we all need to first make mistakes in order to learn from them. :) And your hair prob doesn't look as bad as you perceive it to be at least to other people. Just really nurture your hair from this point on(weekly deep conditioning treatments, coconut oilings) and my suggestion is to simply avoid the entire block of the salon you happen to be going to so you don't get the urge to go and do something else that you'll come to regret! :D
I do (the weekly conditioning treatments)

Now is a good time to learn to do a protein DT. :) Protein can really strengthen chemically treated hair. It fills in the weak places.
I do them about twice a month maybe...