PDA

View Full Version : I'm done. I'm cutting it off. :(

Friesiangirl
July 21st, 2009, 04:44 PM
Sad day. You know your ends are toast if you can't even detangle them-- you get done with one side, and by the time you return from the other side, they have tangled all up again.

The Last four to six inches of my hair has been box dyed more times than I remember. So, I think in good faith that my hair will grow back, I'm going to cut them off. My hair is barely at "can I call this apl" length so it'll be sad to have SL hair again but good.

The damage will be gone and my hair will be virgin! :cheese: Then I can work on my fairytale ends.

I'll post the before and after later.

Bye bye now, wish me luck. I hope it doesn't hurt too bad.

Hayley

Fencai
July 21st, 2009, 04:50 PM
it will be for the best! Just think how great it will be to have Virgin hair!!!

Especially with all the knowledge that you have now from being here!!

*HUGGLES*

florenonite
July 21st, 2009, 04:52 PM
You can always just trim them gradually. I've found when I've got a couple inches at the bottom that like to tangle, even trimming off 1/4" makes a huge difference, and no one can even tell I've done it! My hair could do with one of those trims, actually, but I'll need to get new hair scissors (I forgot my old ones were in my handbag and they were confiscated at airport security :rolleyes:)

thankyousir74
July 21st, 2009, 04:52 PM
Well, if you're absolutely convinced... Good luck, and I look forward to the pics :flower:

Xandergrammy
July 21st, 2009, 04:53 PM
I like the idea of trimming a little at a time, but whatever you decide to do, please post pictures!! What's important is that you're happy with your hair.

rogue_psyche
July 21st, 2009, 04:58 PM
Good luck with the hairdresser! Remember to post your before and after too.

~GypsyCurls~
July 21st, 2009, 05:10 PM
Aw I know it's hard to do, but think about how healthy your hair will be after the cut. At least you are more brave than I, since I have a couple of inches (at least) of ends that splay all over the place. I am afraid of going to a stylist for fear they'll cut too much off though...lol.

And I'm sure the few inches will grow back before you know it ;)

amaiaisabella
July 21st, 2009, 05:10 PM
Good luck! I cut the worst of my damage off last October, and my hair is completely revitalized- I've only done little trims here and there since then. Can't wait to see photos!

spidermom
July 21st, 2009, 05:30 PM
Try cutting half of what you think needs to go first.

Friesiangirl
July 21st, 2009, 05:41 PM
Well, I cut it. (As in, I cut it. I've never been to a hairstylist in my life). It's wonderful actually. I didn't cut everything I intended to off just because I want enough hair to do things with. It's now shoulder length again and that's fine. Okay, it's not. But my hair is happier. I can run my fingers through it... wow.

I'll post pictures when I have time. Promise!

redneckprincess
July 21st, 2009, 05:44 PM
good luck, remember to cut a little at a time so you only have to get rid of whats bad and nothing more. ♥

melrose1985
July 21st, 2009, 05:56 PM
Glad to hear you cut and you're happy with the out come!!!!!! : )

Shiva
July 21st, 2009, 05:57 PM
Hey, I'll grow with ya! I got a haircut today, too. Went from tattered APL to SL.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/NorthernXposure/emoticons/cheers.gif

thankyousir74
July 21st, 2009, 05:58 PM
It's good news that you're happy, and remember, no pictures, it didn't happen ;)

Sif
July 21st, 2009, 06:26 PM
I applaud your bravery, sometimes healthier is better then damaged length. This is a new beginning for healthy long hair.

Speckla
July 21st, 2009, 06:38 PM
A fresh start with totally healthy hair is probably the best from you. Best of luck!

yogachic
July 21st, 2009, 06:44 PM
Now your hair can grow and not break off. Congrats on healthy hair!

SeaShell
July 21st, 2009, 08:14 PM
good luck! It will definitely be for the best. I was in this situation years back and couldn't bear to cut off the damage. My hair didn't grow because of it. If only I'd cut like you're going to I could be at classic length or something fantastic now instead of still at BSL. Congrats on your decision to cut :)

longhairedfairy
July 21st, 2009, 08:34 PM
It will be so much nicer when it does grow out without all that damage.:flower:

Wicked Princess
July 21st, 2009, 11:14 PM
Congratulations on being happy with your result! Sometimes, you need to know when to cut your losses (no pun intended?!?!) and go with having healthier hair.

I've been attempting to rehabilitate the last two-three inches of my hair, which have a layer to them, and are kind of dry. I'm not giving up, but I may have to do something like this in the future, and I'm dreading it!

ButterCup02
July 21st, 2009, 11:21 PM
Glad to hear you are happy with the results! Now we want pics! LOL! I bet it looks and feels so much healthier :)

Amara
July 22nd, 2009, 12:57 AM
Yay for fresh ends! :)

LutraLutra
July 22nd, 2009, 06:02 AM
Glad it went well for you. :cheer: In my teens I destroyed my hair by layering dye and bleach over and over again until my hair melted, cutting off the mess I was left with was the way to get it healthy again. Enjoy your 'new' hair. :D

Bianca
July 22nd, 2009, 06:18 AM
I'll probably be doing this too when my virgin hair gets longer. I have really damaged ends, but I cant get myself to cut it yet :rolleyes:

ETA: I'm glad you are happy with your cut, must be great to suddenly have all virgin hair :)

LisaB234
July 22nd, 2009, 07:42 AM
Enjoy the new ends! For me when the ends get that tangly there is no other way. Looking forward to pictures of your healthier hair! ;-) Keep growin'!

ZadenWillowfyre
July 22nd, 2009, 08:10 AM
Best of luck! It will grow back quickly and you will be happy with the healthyness of it. Can't wait for pics!

Proginoskes
July 22nd, 2009, 08:43 AM
I'm happy it worked out well for you!

I have a good six inches of old highlighting damage that I'd love to get rid of, but my hair is barely to APL now and I just don't have the heart to cut it off yet. Partly because I want to grow it longer still, but also because my hair is not as wavy when it's shorter and I like the waves.

I wish I was as brave as you were about it, lol.

Rentlle
July 22nd, 2009, 08:50 AM
it's good that you did it!
now you can start from virgin hair: no biiiiiiiiiiiig everlasting tangles... :)
as long your happy with yur hair, it's good :)

sweet*things
July 22nd, 2009, 09:18 AM
Congratulations! :) I also believe that holding onto length for lengths sake isn't always the best decision.

I've been thinking of cutting a bit myself. I'm at waist-ish now, but the last 4 or 5 inches are a thin, straggly, dry mess. If I cut back to BSL I'll get rid of 95% of the damage and make it look a lot thicker. I think I'm going to wait until September to do it, just to see what kind of growth I can get before then, and to see if I can improve the condition of my ends any more.

LaFlor
July 22nd, 2009, 11:20 AM
Congrats on going through with the cut!

I will probably have to do the same soon when my virgin hair grows out more. I don't look forward to it, but its got to happen sometime.

Healthy virgin hair is definitely better than damaged tangled length!

MsBubbles
July 22nd, 2009, 01:10 PM
Well, I cut it. (As in, I cut it. I've never been to a hairstylist in my life)

You are my hero!

Jessikinz
July 22nd, 2009, 02:36 PM
Good for you! Healthy hair is better than damaged hair. I have always wanted all virgin hair, but I'm only cutting off the damage a little bit at a time. I can't wait to see the pictures :)

Bellalalala
July 22nd, 2009, 03:52 PM
I have dry hair even when it's virgin.

I *****-footed around cutting off my box-dye-job light blond damage for so long, and it actually really prolonged the damage itself.

I just hacked it all off, chin length last year. I look great with chin length but anywhere between chin and below shoulder I just looks silly on me. So, several unflattering haircuts, lots of length lost, and I'm finally all virgin almost APL.

Ever time I looked in the mirror and saw this stupid in between length of not quite curly, not quite straight, just plain stupid-looking hair, I just pinned it up and reminded myself of what it will look like eventually. (ie I have a picture of my long virgin hair from 14 years ago before I started dying it in my teens and it is frickin' gorgeous!)

Congrats on taking such an emotionally difficult step!! You will not regret it when your hair is long and virgin beautiful!

Fifty-Five
July 23rd, 2009, 04:03 PM
I've got the same problem, only it's not from dye xD It's from me not trusting/wanting to go to a stylist for trims, so I've got a lot of damage... ><; I need to find a friend who I can trust with scissors.

Naamah
July 23rd, 2009, 04:11 PM
My ends are really damaged and I should probably cut a few inches off, but I'm going to wait until it grows a little more. xD