PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Clarifying Conditioning

rogue_psyche
July 21st, 2009, 04:44 PM
I'm a CWC kind of girl, and need to clarify next time I wash to get rid of some miscellaneous buildup. I was wondering if I should bother with conditioning beforehand, or would the shampoo just remove so much that it wouldn't be worth it?

Would a better plan be to Clarify and then condition twice?

Teazel
July 21st, 2009, 04:55 PM
I don't see any benefit to conditioning before clarifying. The object of clarifying is, after all, to remove everything, just leaving natural naked hair. :D

Conditioning twice would likewise be a waste of time, I'd say. Not to mention a waste of conditioner.

rogue_psyche
July 21st, 2009, 05:01 PM
I don't see any benefit to conditioning before clarifying. The object of clarifying is, after all, to remove everything, just leaving natural naked hair. :D

Conditioning twice would likewise be a waste of time, I'd say. Not to mention a waste of conditioner.

That's what I was thinking, but I wanted the advice of you sages. As for conditioning twice, I actually do that, but for the second condition I use just a dab for my ends, which need extra babying from peroxide damage.

Cherry_Sprinkle
July 23rd, 2009, 02:11 AM
when I clarify I oil heavy the night before, then just wash, and deep condition when I am done.

Raederle
July 23rd, 2009, 08:27 AM

And a waste of water as well. ;)

SimplyViki
July 23rd, 2009, 08:51 AM
Thanks for asking that question! I was wondering the same thing recently.