PDA

View Full Version : My hair looks best when I don't do much to it!

ColoradoDreamer
July 21st, 2009, 06:28 AM
I had a pretty good hair day yesterday for a change! I washed my hair in the shower, detangled it, followed with a VERY cool water rinse, and gently blotted out the excess water. Combed with a wide-tooth comb, let it dry a little and then put in some texturizing cream (my hair is still in the pixie stages) and let it finish drying on its own.

The only thing I did all day after that, hair-wise, was just finger-combing a little. Later on, I happened to look at my reflection in a restroom mirror, and my hair looked the best it has since the Big Chop! I had soft waves, and my "natural highlights" (silver) just sparkled!

Right now, I still have just a touch of dye on the ends of the hair of my crown - maybe less than an inch - and I'm debating on just letting my hair grow from here and begin gradually trimming off the layers as they reach a certain point. The ends aren't as obvious as when I had a full-blown skunk stripe, so it might work. The main thing is that I just don't want to get another cut and go through the stage I've already been through.

For reference, I'll post a few pictures and see what you guys thing.

Back in a few . . .

ColoradoDreamer
July 21st, 2009, 06:45 AM
Here are the pictures.

First is before the Chop, with my skunk stripe. There is also MAJOR damage on the ends, which you can sort of see in that my hair seems kind of fly-away and frizzy:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/chitchatters/FritzesMom/100_0479.jpg

Next is about a week after the Chop. If you look closely, you can see the dyed ends on top:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/chitchatters/FritzesMom/100_0524.jpg

Last is one taken just last week. This wasn't the best of hair days, as it's too flat on top and to poofy on the sides, but you can see how it's growing out. And, if you look closely, you can still see some dyed ends:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/chitchatters/FritzesMom/100_0528.jpg

So, tell me: Do I cut again and remove all dye, or do I just let it continue to grow and trim the layers as it grows out?

Rentlle
July 21st, 2009, 07:03 AM
I would say just let grow and trim the layers every now and then..
You barely can't see the dye :)

LaurelSpring
July 21st, 2009, 07:15 AM
I agree with Rentlle. Just let it grow. The silver looks so much more flattering around your face than the color did.

spidermom
July 21st, 2009, 07:28 AM
I'd let it grow with small trims from now on.

LisaB234
July 21st, 2009, 09:34 AM
I'd also vote for the trim as you go - I love your silvers! So pretty!

Tressie
July 21st, 2009, 10:22 AM
Let it grow! You can ALWAYS trim later if you like! That's my inexpert opinion (o:

Wicked Princess
July 21st, 2009, 12:42 PM
Yet another vote for letting it grow, here :) Your hair may grow more evenly than you imagine it will...it's always hard to tell with hair that short.

And I love the look of your silver hair on you!

Fireweed
July 21st, 2009, 12:53 PM
I love the colour of your hair. I would just let it go grow for now.

GlennaGirl
July 21st, 2009, 02:29 PM
Grow grow grow! Nobody's hair is really all just one color anyway. It will look like a very natural transition.

It looks like you're getting some good growth already, so keep it up!

ColoradoDreamer
July 22nd, 2009, 06:33 PM
Okay, I'll admit that I had a pretty good idea what you guys would say when I posted this the other night, but I guess I wanted confirmation. I will let it grow and do trims! Yeah!!

I don't think the transition phase is going to be as hard this time as it's been in the past. I no longer use a hair fryer. I no longer use a lot of "tools" on my hair. I treat it very gently, even in this short phase. I'm just enjoying letting my hair do whatever it wants to do, and I'm loving it!

I do agree with what you guys have said. I do think the silver around my face looks much softer than any dye ever could. I think our coloring changes as we age and our hair begins to go silver. In that last picture, I was wearing Everyday Minerals, and I had used purples around my eyes. I think that's becoming the best color for me. I used to try to stick with "neutrals" in tones of brown and beige, but these colors I'm wearing in the picture look better.

I can't wait until my hair has grown out to my goal and is beautiful, healthy, and SILVER!!!!