PDA

View Full Version : I guess I'm doing something right!

Coriander
July 20th, 2009, 07:53 PM
I have noticed that the texture of my hair is changing. I used to have very fine hair throughout my childhood and early adulthood. Now I've noticed that I can feel the strands easily, and when held up to the light I can see them more clearly as well.

Today I also re-measured my ponytail. I am pretty sure that it used to measure at maybe 3" around, but today it measured exactly 4"!!

I've been using Mega-Tek sporadically for the past couple of months (very sporadically, about once or twice a week maximum), and have faithfully been taking my vitamins and flax/fish oil. Other than that, I haven't done anything differently.

Happily changing my details... :D

amaiaisabella
July 20th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Congratulations! Tons of envy directed your way from a super finey :)

jivete
July 20th, 2009, 08:11 PM
So there is hope for me after-all. That's great news.

MsBubbles
July 20th, 2009, 08:12 PM
That's great! So you think it's the Megatek? ok wait no, you've only been taking that for a few months. Is there something you've been doing topically to increase your thickness?

GlassEyes
July 20th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Congrats!

I'm rather envious. I wish my hair would thicken up--but then again, I think I might be a ii/iii if I only didn't have my bangs. Some of the pieces in there start at the middle of my head. @_@;;

GoddesJourney
July 20th, 2009, 09:42 PM
That's great! You've just achieved exactly what I'm hoping for for myself. By the way, your braids look great in your signature.

Rose J.
July 20th, 2009, 10:05 PM
So is fine hair sometimes a bad (unhealthy) thing? I thought it was just a variation.

Coriander
July 20th, 2009, 11:31 PM
So is fine hair sometimes a bad (unhealthy) thing? I thought it was just a variation.

Fine hair is not a bad thing at all :flower: :) I was surprised that my ponytail circumference had grown so much, and mainly pleased with the effect :D

Actually, when I was younger, my hair was much smoother and silkier. I wonder if the years of coloring and sun-abuse had this effect. Hmm....

And to answer your question, MsBubbles, :) no I'm not using anything topically other than jojoba oil and very occasionally a leave-in spray conditioner.

Wicked Princess
July 21st, 2009, 12:23 AM
Congratulations! I know that the texture of my own hair will improve over time, with me...you know...actually paying attention to what I do to my hair, haha.

Stories like yours give me hope that it will happen soon!

Happy growing!

Aditi
July 21st, 2009, 01:42 AM
That's good to hear, Congratulations :)

free_hug
July 21st, 2009, 04:31 AM
Good for you, girl! :toast: Cheers!
- a finey

<And now... i have to oppress my serious hair envy>

Konstifik
July 21st, 2009, 05:22 AM
That's awesome! I hope I'll make that discovery on my hair someday. :)

levelek
July 21st, 2009, 08:43 AM
That is impressive, Coriander! How interesting that the texture could change so much even without henna. I am happy you are happy with the changes! :flower:

ButterCup02
July 21st, 2009, 08:45 AM
Congrats! I've noticed my ponty tail circumference has grown since I began treating my hair better too. Yay!

SimplyViki
July 21st, 2009, 08:58 AM
Hmm... maybe it's sort of absorbed enough moisture that the hair shafts have expanded enough to cause noticeable circumfrence increase? :ponder:

At any rate, congratulations!