PDA

View Full Version : 1 year/no trim/ photos

spidermom
July 18th, 2009, 04:21 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/2008.jpghttp://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/2009.jpghttp://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/2009trim.jpg
July 18, 2008: 33 inches ***July 18, 2009: 40 inches ***And after today's trim: 38.5 inches.

Wow - the ends of my hair were so thin before the trim that it doesn't look any shorter (to me) after the trim, but the ends look thicker.
I love my hair stylist.

Gumball
July 18th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Beautiful, spidermom! I really like the texture contrasts between all the pictures, too. You've got gorgeous hair. Congrats on getting through a year with no trims! :)

RavennaNight
July 18th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Wow I see what your saying your ends are so much thicker now! Beautiful!

spidermom
July 18th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Thank you! It was a great experiment, and I love that my hair grew 7 inches, but I plan to continue with regular small trims in the future. I think my hair looks much better cared for with trims. It was getting kind of raggeddy looking after a year without.

SimplyViki
July 18th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Congratulations, that's quite an experiment! I think I would get incredibly frustrated if I didn't trim my hair pretty frequently.

You're right, it doesn't look any shorter to me either after the trim.

Very pretty hair, indeed!

MermaidGirl
July 18th, 2009, 04:55 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, you have one of the best heads of hair I've ever seen! I love everything about it, especially its versatility. Looks awesome after the trim, and truthfully, just as long. Your stylist is amazing, and you have great raw material to work with. :D

luckypenny
July 18th, 2009, 05:02 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, you have one of the best heads of hair I've ever seen! I love everything about it, especially its versatility. Looks awesome after the trim, and truthfully, just as long. Your stylist is amazing, and you have great raw material to work with. :D

Your hair is absolutely gorgeous!!

CindyLea1
July 18th, 2009, 05:06 PM
I love it! Congratulations on the growth.

I agree it does not look like you took an inch and a half off the bottom. Although, it does appear that your head is tilted down a titch in the middle picture.

I am leaning towards a blunt hemline as opposed to letting mine fairytail, also. You are one of my inspirations for this.

Jessikinz
July 18th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Your stylist did a very good job and your hair looks really good too.

Firefly
July 18th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Very pretty, Spidermom. The ends look so nice and thick post-trim!

Vrushali
July 18th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Gorgeous! You are inspiring me to do a no-cuts stint of my own:D

Catladyintown
July 18th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Spidermom your hair looks gorgeous. I the color is just totally beautiful.

gmdiaz
July 18th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Your hair looks so long and lovely!

It's amazing that after your trim your hair still looks the same length but so much thicker!

What length are you aiming for?

With your hair being in such good condition, it's not a a bad idea to go soooo long without a trim, if you're trying to gain more length. You just need TINY trims to keep it looking thick. Maybe you could trim once every six months?

Enjoyed your photos! Thanks for posting!

joyellen
July 18th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Wow, looks great! And congratulations on making your goal.

Charlotte
July 18th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Thank you for showing us your latest photos. You have very beautiful hair - so thick and lustrous. It's difficult to see that it has been trimmed at all! :)

Ndnlady
July 18th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Looking good spidermom! You hair is definitely gorgeous!:)

Addy
July 18th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Your hair is beautiful Spidermom! :)

Elphie
July 18th, 2009, 05:59 PM
That year seemed to have gone by quickly. Look how much your hair has grown! The ends do indeed look thicker! I think your experiment was a success!

LittleOrca
July 18th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Your hair looks great. :) I love it, especially when it has waves. :flower:

GlennaGirl
July 18th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Wow, SM. You look like a princess.

jojo
July 18th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Beautiful and you know what? I can see no difference in length since your cut.

Well done for holding out a year, I managed 3 months!

patience
July 18th, 2009, 06:23 PM
So pretty. I can't even tell any length difference.

danacc
July 18th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Beautiful, healthy, luxurious hair. And I agree--it doesn't look any shorter after the trim. It just looks even fuller at the ends.

maskedrose
July 18th, 2009, 07:40 PM
It looks awesome, SM!! I'm glad you didn't do a bigger trim...its lovely just the way it is :flower:

melrose1985
July 18th, 2009, 07:43 PM
your hair looks great!

Coriander
July 18th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Your hair has always been beautiful :) Congratulations on a great year!

skay
July 18th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Congratulations on not trimming for a year. That's so cool especially since it seemed you had regularly trimmed before that?

Your hair looks thicker, too.

P.S. I miss seeing your waves! :)

MsBubbles
July 18th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Really pretty hair! And over 5" of solid growth, even with a trim. Good to see the results of your experiment.

Starr
July 18th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Beautiful as always! And great progress as well!

spidermom
July 18th, 2009, 10:01 PM
My DD reminded me that my hair was wavy in the pre-trim picture, which eats some of the length, so that's why it doesn't look like I lost any length, since my picture from after the trim is nearly straight. Haha; why didn't I think of that?

EdG
July 18th, 2009, 10:11 PM
You have very nice hair, spidermom. :)
Ed

Darkhorse1
July 18th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Gorgeous! I was the same way. I just had my hair dresser do micro trims, and I saw photos of myself and didn't like how 'ratty' my ends looked. I got a good 1 inch cut last month, and the difference is amazing! I'm glad I held out for so long in regards to letting the length grow, but I like a blunt hemline/thicker ends.

LutraLutra
July 19th, 2009, 06:42 AM
That looks great, so much growth, a thicker hemline and a wonderful colour and condtion. Nice job. :)

Carolyn
July 19th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Beautiful, just beautiful! I don't think your ends thinned out much for not trimming for a whole year. Mine would be super fairy taled :D

LaurelSpring
July 19th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Your hair looks awesome as always. Thanks for posting the pictures. They are very encouraging.

SpinDance
July 19th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Very beautiful. Thank you for sharing the results of your experiment.

Rhea
July 19th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Your hair is looking sooo good before and after trim ! Beautiful ! http://wuerziworld.de/Smilies/par/par35.gif

Elyce
July 19th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Looking great, Spidermom! Good trim discipline, sometimes it's hard to hold out. I do like the look post-trim, and you hardly lost any length at all. Good job!

Lamb
July 19th, 2009, 09:49 AM
My DD reminded me that my hair was wavy in the pre-trim picture, which eats some of the length, so that's why it doesn't look like I lost any length, since my picture from after the trim is nearly straight. Haha; why didn't I think of that?

Still, the difference in the condition of the hemline is pretty obvious. You have such lovely hair, spidermom! *sighs deeply and sucks envy back*

eresh
July 19th, 2009, 01:13 PM
It looks really good!

AnneAdeline
July 19th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Gorgeous hair! It really looks thicker with a blunt hemline.
I must say, I love love love your color! It's such an unusual color and so pretty.

brok3nwings
July 19th, 2009, 02:52 PM
I am trully a fan of your hair! But i think it has already been told in the past ;) Congratulations it is fantastic!

Rini
July 19th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Wow :inlove: I'm doing the regular microtrims partly from your advice some time ago, so I was thinking "what? she didn't trim for a year?" but now I see it was an experiment :) Your hair is getting soooooo looooong though isn't it?

Lovely :)

Kiraela
July 19th, 2009, 07:23 PM
It looks really fantastic, spidermom! You're right, the post-trim photo doesn't seem any shorter at all. I think it's a combination of the waves in the second photo and a slight thickening of the ends. Whatever it is, it came out quite nicely!

darkwaves
July 19th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Your hair is so gorgeous!

redcelticcurls
July 19th, 2009, 08:31 PM
It is very pretty, and it even looks longer in the last pic - perhaps due to the thciker looking ends.

Very pretty. :)

Tressie
July 19th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Looking just beautiful! I'd say your experiment is a total success! (o:

rogue_psyche
July 20th, 2009, 01:09 AM
I think your hair still looked fine pre-trim, but of course I'm not the one who has to look at them everyday! Nothing beats the post trim blunt ends too. You have such lovely hair. I love your color too.

melikai
July 20th, 2009, 07:48 AM
So beautiful. I love the shape of your hemline too! Your hair has always been an inspiration - love your sig picture too!

myotislucifugus
July 20th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Stunning! I hope mine looks as good as yours someday. Beautiful.

ZadenWillowfyre
July 20th, 2009, 08:23 AM
OO very nice progress! Lovely sliver color as well.

Samara Morgan
July 20th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Spidermom, your hair is amazing! :thud: I actually think it looks longer in the last picture :grin: And it's so thick too :agree: Congratulations on such great growing :flowers:

jel
July 20th, 2009, 09:04 AM
I also think that your hair looked lovely (and wavy) in the middle pic too - but it's your hair and your choice of end bluntness! :D

That said, your hair in the last pic is so shiny!

So, would you call your experiment a success? I would imagine so, if only because you've discovered that you prefer trimming! By the way, did you do any S&D?

spidermom
July 20th, 2009, 09:28 AM
I also think that your hair looked lovely (and wavy) in the middle pic too - but it's your hair and your choice of end bluntness! :D

That said, your hair in the last pic is so shiny!

So, would you call your experiment a success? I would imagine so, if only because you've discovered that you prefer trimming! By the way, did you do any S&D?

I did. Every single time I look for splits, I find some. When I'm combing out my hair for bed, I usually have scissors handy for a bit of S&D.

vindo
July 20th, 2009, 02:05 PM
You grew some amazing locks and I wish my hair would only taper that little after a year :lol:

Garnet66
July 20th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Your hair looks great pre and post trim. You have lovely hair.

Robinlyn
July 20th, 2009, 08:03 PM
BEAUTIFUL!! Your hair is so pretty!!

Curlsgirl
July 20th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Gorgeous hair AS ALWAYS!