PDA

View Full Version : I think I lost it :)

AspenF150
July 18th, 2009, 08:40 AM
It's been sometime since I last did a deep conditioning on my hair.

I utilize either olive oil or coconut oil, both work flawlessly for me.

I have a few days off work (3rd shift). Before I went to bed that morning of my last day, I clarified my hair, oiled up heavily with coconut, throw on the shower cap and went to bed.

I woke up some 9 hours later and decided to leave it in overnight for a total of 21 hours of oiling :D

I normally shampoo but decided to cowash heavily. It only took once and I'm glad I did. My hair being thick and unruly that it is, it shines like mad, very soft and controlable. I'll stick with this routine for awhile and see how it goes.

Sorry no pics till it gets long ;)

Amara
July 18th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Wow, that's some serious deep conditioning! I bet your hair loved the treat.

AspenF150
July 18th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Yea, I'm glad I did it. I think though from now on, I'll oil overnight only. Next time I'll try olive oil and see what kinda results I get. My hair does love it though.

jojo
July 18th, 2009, 06:26 PM
My hair loved this too, some pictures would be nice, its not all about length, condition stands for a lot too!

Well done on finding a method which suits your hair, thats half of the battle!

Starr
July 18th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Hooray for you!

And don't be afraid to show pictures of your hair- we all start somewhere.

Carolyn
July 19th, 2009, 06:51 AM
That method works great for me too but I just do overnight with the oiling. CO gets the oil out beautifully.

BlackfootHair
July 19th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Wow...and I thought I was doing good for lightly oiling my hair last night before bed. lol Way to go!