PDA

View Full Version : Boredom & routines?

whiteisle
July 17th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Just wondering if anyone switches care routines out of boredom? I'm currently using PLH bars and vinegar & honey rinses and I keep eyeballing my Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal under the sink wondering "should I......". And then theres the 6 or so bottles of Suave and VO5 conditioners that becken my attention occassionally. And then I read about other's regiments and think "that sounds interesting........". I know... *sigh*... I'm weak. :rolleyes:

maryann
July 17th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Not necessarily a weakness; sounds like a sign of creativity, a desire to experiment and find that which works best.

SimplyViki
July 17th, 2009, 06:47 PM
You know... I think my entire collection of hair care stuff was collected out of boredom. I have yet to really sit down, focus, and assemble a sensible, set routine. I've got at least a dozen bottles of conditioners and shampoos under my bathroom sink, and I switch them out almost every wash. Hah... I'll never know which ones my hair likes best.

GlassEyes
July 17th, 2009, 06:48 PM
XD Why else did I try shampoo bars and water only for a week?

I don't get bored so much as I think something might work better for me. People on NC call it 'Product Junkieism', and I'm inclined to agree.

SeaShell
July 17th, 2009, 06:53 PM
I buy almost every new shampoo and try it once then it sits in my huge basket of hair stuff forever more :/

Wicked Princess
July 17th, 2009, 08:51 PM
This has happened to me, and will undoubtedly happen again soon. I'll get bored or frustrated with my hair care and not want to bother with it at all!

Thankfully, my apparent lack of ability to have a static routine can always be counteracted by buying a new hair toy to use in my updos (sadly, I'm still a newbie/terrible at these, and can only do three buns, haha) or by doing only the minimal amount of care I can to keep it clean while I recover from hair-care-lethargy.

Fiferstone
July 17th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Not so much bored as dissatisfied here. I've been using Lush Karma Komba for 3 years now, but I've come to the conclusion it's time to switch to something else. The SLS is too drying, and I need something that isn't quite as aggressive. We've got merciless flourescent lighting at work, and I noticed that I have a ton of broken off hair near my scalp while looking in the mirror in the ladies room (YIKES), that's what finally decided me to try something else once I finish my last Lush poo bar. I'm still researching CV bars to try and pick one that will work for fine hair that tangles easily, breaks easily when wet, and seems to crave moisture. One of these days I'm going to make a batch of SMT and see how that does. Moisture is definitely missing from my current routine.

Tovah
July 17th, 2009, 09:10 PM
I get seduced into new products when I'm shopping. Its like looking for the holy grail of hair care...something that will make your hair grow faster, shinier, thicker, silkier. Luckily I have a couple of kids still living with me and they use the products that I set aside. I have to hide the ones I like.

Buddaphlyy
July 17th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Hmmm, I have experimented with changing routines in the past, but since I invariably keep coming back to the same one, I've decided to just stick with that one.

I shampoo and DC once a week and co wash throughout the week as needed. I mostly use 2 different shampoos (testing out a potential 2rd staple now) but I always change what conditioner I use depending on what my hair needs a the time (more moisture/protein/smell goodness/whatever).

simply_me
July 17th, 2009, 10:04 PM
I pretty much stick to the same routine (CWC) but I do like to switch up the shampoos and conditioners quite a bit. I have been using coconut oil on the ends but have been considering trying a leave in conditioner. ;)

Shiva
July 17th, 2009, 10:09 PM
I buy almost every new shampoo and try it once then it sits in my huge basket of hair stuff forever more :/
Same here.

I have boxes of stuff in my closet that I have been meaning to chuck in the garbage and I just keep on buying more.

::steps up to the podium::

Hi, my name is Laura and I'm a hair product-aholic.

Roseate
July 17th, 2009, 10:47 PM
I stick to the same general routine - CWC with very diluted nonsulfate whatever once a week, sometimes a CO during the week if I want more curls or if I go swimming.

But I have a rotating cast of conditioners- I use a lot of conditioner, so I never have to worry I won't use it up. Even if I hate it, I can always use it for the first C in CWC. I usually have three or four kinds around. When I use up one bottle, I always buy a different kind next. No cones, at least that cuts down my choices a little.

I am loyal to my leave-in, though. KBB hair nectar forever! :heart:

Amara
July 17th, 2009, 10:54 PM
I don't switch out of boredom, I switch when I have time to think about it and I feel there's something wrong with my routine currently. But then my life only has two speeds right now - utterly insanely busy and busy. :) Maybe if I got bored more (or had more money to blow) I'd switch routines more.