PDA

View Full Version : Longhaired Mother/Daughter Pictures - SimplyViki and MaryAnn

maryann
July 17th, 2009, 04:47 PM
My daughter, SimplyViki and I got together today to take some hair pictures. Thought I'd share them here. Enjoy! :)

This one's me (with bun waves)
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g314/vharrod/354.jpg

This one's Viki
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g314/vharrod/370.jpg

Here's Viki and I
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g314/vharrod/375.jpg

Viki and I again
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g314/vharrod/378.jpg

simply_me
July 17th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Very nice. Both you and your daughter have such beautiful, healthy hair!

skay
July 17th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Wow, what a beautiful set of hair! Nice length, color and bun waves/waves!

You guys are lucky to be able to grow your hair together and enjoy. :)

ButterCup02
July 17th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Aww great pics! You guys look a lot alike from behind LOL! Both of you have gorgeous hair!!

Coriander
July 17th, 2009, 05:02 PM
This makes me smile :) Both of you have such lovely hair, and must have a wonderful time growing it out together.

My mom and I have just started playing with each other's hair - well, me with hers, as she's started growing it out on purpose. :D It's an incredible bonding experience.

longhairedfairy
July 17th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Both very pretty.:)

Moonstruck
July 17th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Wow! This is so very pretty, and very inspiring! Your hair is so very thick and rich and vibrant, really beautiful.
I love the little smile you can see in the last picture, Maryann.

SimplyViki
July 17th, 2009, 05:18 PM
:D Yup, that's my mom. I'm bugging her to hurry up and get more posts so she can see the lovely comments people have left on her profile. :p

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone!

Silver Strands
July 17th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Aw how sweet! I love it!

You both have beautiful hair and it's funny how it's almost the exact shade and length!

camirra555
July 17th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Beautiful! Have both of you always had long hair? I wish my mom would get rid of her neck length do I think it makes her look older

Addy
July 17th, 2009, 05:28 PM
You gals look gorgeous! :)

maryann
July 17th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Beautiful! Have both of you always had long hair? I wish my mom would get rid of her neck length do I think it makes her look older
No, actually a long time ago I had short hair; I was about 18 in this picture.

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww322/maryanntrezona/3264_1141027279065_1028929866_42975.jpg

Regards,
MaryAnn

Shorty89
July 17th, 2009, 05:32 PM
You both have gorgeous hair. Both of your hair(s) looks alike!

SimplyViki
July 17th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Aw how sweet! I love it!

You both have beautiful hair and it's funny how it's almost the exact shade and length!
Thanks! :)

I think it's funny, too, especially since my hair is actually about half grown out from an old dye job. I asked the colorist to dye it as close to my natural color as he could, after I'd been playing with burgundy hair dye for a while.... I guess he did a really good job, I didn't realize until just now how close to natural it looks. :p

SimplyViki
July 17th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Oh, and btw - that pic my mom just posted? Fun fact: You can see it hanging on the wall in her profile pic, LOL.

I had short(ish) hair once upon a time, too - I chopped it from waist to neck when I broke up with my first boyfriend.

julya
July 17th, 2009, 05:38 PM
You two have lovely hair!

MandaMom2Three
July 17th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Simply exquisite! :crush:

Raederle
July 17th, 2009, 05:58 PM
What great pictures -- your hair looks beautiful, and I love the color.

plainjanegirl
July 17th, 2009, 06:24 PM
You look like hair twins. Beautiful hair.

Off topic: Did I read right that you are both nursing students?

SimplyViki
July 17th, 2009, 06:30 PM

Thank you! :D Our hairtype looks more similar right now because of my mom's bunwaves - her hair is usually straight and sleek.

Yes, we are both nursing students! Mom's about to graduate though, I'm going with her to her pinning ceremony next Wednesday. I, on the other hand, still have another two years to go... I'm on the part-time track, so it'll be a while.

darkwaves
July 17th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Welcome, maryann -- and what great pictures of both of you and your hair!

Teazel
July 17th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Cool pictures! It looks like you can thank your mother for your lovely hair, Viki. :wink:

SimplyViki
July 17th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Cool pictures! It looks like you can thank your mother for your lovely hair, Viki. :wink:

Thank you! :lol: Yup! I used to not want long hair because that was "Mom's thing", but eventually I guess she's my inspiration.

That and genetics and all, which I know is what you meant. :p

maryann
July 17th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Thank you! :lol: Yup! I used to not want long hair because that was "Mom's thing", but eventually I guess she's my inspiration.

That and genetics and all, which I know is what you meant. :p

:):o;)

Thanks Viki!

Bunnyhare
July 17th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Aw how sweet! I love it!

I thought the same thing! i guess its just in the genes!:D

SeaShell
July 17th, 2009, 07:35 PM
both of you have amazing hair :) has it always been that long?

SimplyViki
July 17th, 2009, 07:48 PM
both of you have amazing hair :) has it always been that long?

Nope, not always. :) I had shoulder length, burgundy hair for a while. If you go to page... um... 2, I think, there's a pic of my mom with permed and highlighted hair from when she was younger.

maryann
July 17th, 2009, 07:51 PM
No, mine was short when I was about Viki's age, and hers was short a few years ago when she had decided to cut off and donate her ponytail so it could be made into a wig for someone who lost their hair due to illness. We found found several agencies that take donated hair, and wound up sending it to Locks of Love.

:blossom::blossom::blossom: :blossom::blossom::blossom: :blossom:

tommiefromva
July 17th, 2009, 07:53 PM
It's hard to tell which one is the mother and which is the daughter. You both are beautiful.

RavennaNight
July 17th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Awww! You both have lovely beautiful blonde hair! It is really amazing to see, all the similarities! Mama you passed on some great hair genes!!<3

redneckprincess
July 17th, 2009, 07:54 PM
you both have very pretty hair, and nice color ♥

SimplyViki
July 17th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Eek! Mom, you're exposing the skeletons in my closet! :p (I'm sure you'll stumble upon one of the many Locks of Love threads soon enough...) :whistle:
Really though? Sure you haven't confused me with Stephie or Chrissie? I can't remember... I just remember not wanting the hair anymore because I thought of it as "Randy's hair" (first boyfriend), and since I'd just dumped him, I figured I'd dump the hair too.

maryann
July 17th, 2009, 08:03 PM
This photo seems to belong here.

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww322/maryanntrezona/wedding089.jpg

SimplyViki
July 17th, 2009, 08:06 PM
You look so pretty in that picture!
:inlove:

I, on the other hand, look positively horrendous, LOL!!

maryann
July 17th, 2009, 08:24 PM
You do not look horrendous, you look focused. You were busy making me look lovely before you made yourself look lovely. And I appreciate it!

ericthegreat
July 17th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Let me officially welcome Viki's mom to LHC! :) You and your girl have wonderful hair! I love the bangs, they draw attention to your beautiful eyes!

WritingPrincess
July 17th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Ooh, look! You match! :lol: You both have beautiful, thick, healthy hair. Congratulations on growing it so long.

~GypsyCurls~
July 17th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Oh wow, you both have such gorgeous and healthy hair! I've always loved natural blonde hair.

Amara
July 17th, 2009, 11:02 PM
That's so beautiful!

krissykins
July 17th, 2009, 11:08 PM
I think you two have a lovely hair color. Welcome to LHC!

HisForever
July 17th, 2009, 11:12 PM
You two are hair twins! lol. Very pretty. My mom would probably never grow her hair out again. She tells me when she was young she had it past her bottom, and ive seen pictures. Very pretty. So me and her have that in common that we both have had long hair. Id be curious to see what my mom would look like now if she had long hair lol. But anyways, both of you have lovely beautiful hair :)

Ndnlady
July 17th, 2009, 11:13 PM
AAAwwww! I love Mom and Daughter pictures! You both have beautiful hair!

Vivien'
July 18th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Beautiful heads of hair, for sure ! So similar :)

Rentlle
July 18th, 2009, 05:37 AM
ooh, lovely hair both!!
I enjoyed watching the pics :)
you look hair-twins to me :D

cindy58
July 18th, 2009, 05:53 AM
Lovely hair and you two look cute together! That's a great pic for your avatar, MaryAnn.

Chrissy
July 18th, 2009, 06:21 AM
I've been enjoying the pics and the conversation between you two here. :) I think it would be great fun to grow your hair together. Thanks so much for letting us peek into your family hair world!!! You both look wonderful!!

ladylibra
July 18th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Cute! :cheese:

MimiKeki
July 18th, 2009, 08:29 AM
You both have such beautiful hair. The colour is so lovely. Hair like this looks so youthful and fresh. I think it's really nice that you're both in this together. Thanks for sharing with us! :)

patience
July 18th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Absolutely beautiful! I love how you're hair twins.

dorothea-brooke
July 18th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Gorgeous!!! :D

maryann
July 18th, 2009, 08:50 PM
We're having some fun with my hair this evening, LOL!

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww322/maryanntrezona/001.jpg

A Cassia treatment.

coppercurls
July 18th, 2009, 10:08 PM
You both a beautiful hair.:)

kam984420
July 18th, 2009, 10:24 PM
You both have awesome hair! Happy growing!:cheese:

Starr
July 18th, 2009, 11:12 PM
It's so wonderful that you can both share the experience of growing out your hair together! You both have beautiful hair!

Kiraela
July 19th, 2009, 12:17 AM
You two have very similar, very beautiful hair! I wish I could get my mother to grow her hair out again - longer hair was beautiful on her.

Elyce
July 19th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Beautiful hair, ladies! What a sweet mother/daughter look. Much nicer than matching clothes :)

Velvettt
July 19th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Gorgeous hair. :agree: On a lighter note, I've always thought it was a good thing I don't have to share my bathroom with another product junkie. Your cassia pic proved it! :laugh:

AnneAdeline
July 19th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Beautiful hair, both of you!
It's nice to have someone who is also invested in long hair and gentle care.
I notice you're not wearing gloves for the cassia. Does it stain the hands?

maryann
July 19th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Gorgeous hair. :agree: On a lighter note, I've always thought it was a good thing I don't have to share my bathroom with another product junkie. Your cassia pic proved it! :laugh:

LOL! Okay, yes, I'm a product junkie, but the image contains an optical illusion making it look even more so than it really is.

Look closely and you can see where the actual products end and the reflection from the mirror begins.

Hint: look in front of me; see the wicker hamper, and its reflection behind it? The mirror covers that entire wall.

:blossom:

SimplyViki
July 19th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Beautiful hair, both of you!
It's nice to have someone who is also invested in long hair and gentle care.
I notice you're not wearing gloves for the cassia. Does it stain the hands?

:lol: I wasn't sure if it would, so I figured I'd try it and see. Nope, didn't stain my hands, but my fingernails look a little grubby around the edges today - sort of looks like I was gardening or something. *shrug* No big deal, no yellow hands or anything.

Jemoiselle
July 19th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Oh my goodness I hate to be a sap here but reading this thread makes me teary eyed! It is so beautiful to see how you two are together, on the board and in the pics. How wonderful that must feel, I can say I am genuinely so so happy for you both. You are truly blessed individuals. My Momma and I are opposites, hair wise and personality wise. We are close, oh yes, but in a different way. She is more of a tomboy, and I am a little miss prissy in pink bows :cheese:

She lets me play with her hair, but far from shares in my passion. Her hair is so short, and it does look good on her. I can only imagine how fulfilling it must be to grow it out together and try on new styles together! Wow.

So, so incredibly blessed. Welcome MaryAnn!

free_hug
July 20th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Woooow, great pics :D You both have beautiful hair, good growth & good luck keeping up the family business ;)

hydrangea
July 20th, 2009, 07:07 AM
What great hair genes you both share! And nursing school...now that commonality will also bind two people together! lol. Best wishes for you both in your future careers. I'm a new grad myself so I know what both of you are going through! :graduate:

maryann
July 21st, 2009, 05:18 PM
This is after the cassia treatment; not immediately after, it's been a few days.

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww322/maryanntrezona/009.jpg

The gadget is homemade; I made it today from copper chain and a copper wire.

Xandergrammy
July 21st, 2009, 05:22 PM
Wow! You two have beautiful hair and what fun to be able to grow it together! :inlove:

SimplyViki
July 21st, 2009, 07:20 PM
Ooh! Cool hairtoy, Mom! Can I have one?? :eyebrows:

Bellalalala
July 21st, 2009, 07:41 PM
Awww...you guys are so sweet and have such beautiful hair!

ktani
July 22nd, 2009, 07:06 AM
I thought I had posted here. Absolutely gorgeous hair, both of you.

It is thick and full and looks amazing, double, lol.

ZadenWillowfyre
July 22nd, 2009, 08:25 AM
Wow that is gorgous!

SimplyViki
July 22nd, 2009, 08:43 AM
Wow, I think all these replies are going to my head. :p It's a good thing I'm sharing the spotlight with my mom, or I might be facing a serious vanity issue.

Thank you everyone who has replied and complimented!

melrose1985
July 22nd, 2009, 08:45 AM
WOOT! that's some wicked nice hair!

kirky
July 22nd, 2009, 09:22 PM
Wowzers! That is so nice that you and your daughter can grow together and encourage each other! Very beautiful, both of you.

Áine
July 22nd, 2009, 09:35 PM
Aww, like mama, like daughter!

Beautiful head of hair, I see where she gets hers from!

maryann
July 22nd, 2009, 10:35 PM

Thank you. Yes, we were both nursing students; my pinning ceremony was this

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww322/maryanntrezona/030a.jpg

evening (7-22-09) so I'm officially graduated, just need to take the NCLEX.

Teacherbear
July 22nd, 2009, 10:48 PM
You both have such beautiful hair! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us!

Debra83
July 22nd, 2009, 10:54 PM
That was a FUN thread!!!! Thanks for sharing.

By the way, you guys have gorgeous hair!

Redheaded Raven
July 24th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Thank you! :D Our hairtype looks more similar right now because of my mom's bunwaves - her hair is usually straight and sleek.

Yes, we are both nursing students! Mom's about to graduate though, I'm going with her to her pinning ceremony next Wednesday. I, on the other hand, still have another two years to go... I'm on the part-time track, so it'll be a while.

I think that you and your mom being on this site is really cool! My mom was the one that introduced me to this site years ago. I also think that you and she becoming nurses are way too cool also. Since that is what the two of us are doing.

Good luck in the coming year at classes. I hope that we can get into, not this class but the one that starts in January. We have to go together, as we only have one car and live in the middle of nowhere. The school that we are in district to is 60 miles from us!

:shocked: so sharing gas and travel is a must!
:D
Talk to you later on the boards!

DavidN
July 24th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos, Maryann, and the similarity in your hair is amazing! Both of you are blessed with the most beautifully thick and shiny hair, and such outstanding colour too!