PDA

View Full Version : Biotin

tommiefromva
July 17th, 2009, 04:24 PM
How much Biotin is recomended to take a day for healthy hair? I have been taking 1000mcg four times a day. Is that too much? Or should I increase that?

redneckprincess
July 17th, 2009, 04:26 PM
i take 2 5000mcg tablets per day...(Thats 10,000 mcg per day)

edit: I really believe it helps with hair growth, My hair is growing so fast I can practically feel it growing, and my finger and toenails look great

longhairedfairy
July 17th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Mine is also 1000mcg and the instructions say to take one pill one to five times daily. I just take it whenever I happen to remember, which ends up being maybe 3ish times a day on average (just guessing). I don't know if it's affecting my hair, but my toenails look a LOT better.:)

kam984420
July 17th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Mine is also 1000mcg and the instructions say to take one pill one to five times daily. I just take it whenever I happen to remember, which ends up being maybe 3ish times a day on average (just guessing). I don't know if it's affecting my hair, but my toenails look a LOT better.:)

I take 3000 mcg of biotin a day also and it really helps hair growth.:cheese:

82exoticbeauty
July 24th, 2009, 01:54 AM
I've been taking 5000mcg right now, but since you are asking if it's too much and wondering you can take more! If the 1000mcg is ok and no problem, try tweaking it up more to 2000mcg's, try testing it 1 week or so, if you get acne's then go back to the 1000mcg's, if not, up your dose to 3000mcg, if problem, lower it, if not up it to 4000 and 5000 mcg's! I have read about that people get cystic acne's/acne's on their faces that they broke out easily! For me, no problem at all! But it helps with faster hair growth and nail growth on 3000 mcg's - 5000 mcg's, some people taking more than that!

Biotin is a water soluble vitamin that you pee out in the toilet, so there is no problem with that! I got my Biotin at Wal-mart called Spring Valley Biotin, and they work perfect!

Won't hurt to try, so give it a try on the suggestion I talked about and other member's opinion here!:agree: