PDA

View Full Version : Bathing Routine?

adiapalic
July 17th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Stop me if this has been done before :)

I know that we often discuss the specifics of our hair-washing routine, but I'm wondering how it fits into our bathing routines as a whole. I've asked people in my family, and took note of how everyone happens to do things in different orders. It's not as full of a picture for comparison though, because no one else in my family has hair that long.

So, the past few times that I've taken a shower, I've wondered what everyone else here does in their own routine. More specifically--when do you wash your hair? Before you wash your body or after you wash your body? Some people have LOTS of hair already going down their back and beyond--so what do you do with you hair when you wash your body?

Also, as far at the drying part. How do you dry off your hair? How many towels do you find yourself using--one for body, one for hair perhaps? Do you put your hair up in the twist towel, or have you found that to be too damaging?

I'm curious! :o

I guess I'll start with my routine, and I'll include the products I use:

Shower:
- Rinse hair/body
- CWC - (Burt's Bees Super Shiny Grapefruit Shampoo/Garnier Fructise Length & Strength Conditioner)
- Rinse to get out conditioner for 30 seconds, after leaving in for a few minutes
- Twist wet hair in a bun (Using ouchless fabric rubberband) * Is this damaging, and if so-- is there a better way?
- Wash body (Washcloth, homemade goat milk soap)
- Rinse
- Gently squeeze excess water out of hair

Drying:
- One towel used to gently squeeze and blot hair, then dry body with the same towel
- Sometimes I do the twisty towel hair flip thing with an extra towel, but I've weened myself from it.
- Let hair air dry

AJoifulNoise
July 17th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Shampoo days:

-comb hair before entering shower
-wet hair
-spread shampoo on hair
-scrub
-rinse
-spread conditioner on hair
-finger detangle length
-finger detangle crown
-finger detangle length again
-braid hair
-shave underarms (and on rare occasions legs)
-unbraid hair and rinse with hot water
-turn water to cold
-scrub face with hands under cold spray
-rinse hair with cold water
-squeeze water out of hair and step out, wrapping hair in a towel

CO days:

-wet hair
-finger detangle length
-finger detangle crown
-scrub
-finger detangle length
-finger detangle crown
-braid hair
-shave underarms (and on rare occasions legs)
-unbraid hair and rinse with hot water
-turn water to cold
-scrub face with hands under cold spray

I don't use soap on my body other than for shaving (unless I have used something on my skin such as sunscreen/bug spray or I'm really dirty). If I did need to wash my skin, it would be while my hair was braided.

For drying... that has a lot of variables. Most days I oil it with coconut oil then it dries untouched for about 30-60 minutes and then it goes up in a bun or braid. If it's shampoo day I am mindful of the style (and the waves it will leave me with) as I will want to wear it down the next day.

Cherry_Sprinkle
July 17th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Pretty much the same as AJoifulNoise..

Shampoo days:

-wet hair/body
-rub shampoo bar on hair
-scrub
-rinse
-rub shampoo bar on hair
-scrub
-rinse
-finger detangle length
-finger detangle crown
-bun hair & place shower cap
-wash body
-shave underarms & legs
- rinse with hot water
-turn water to cold
-follow with ACV rinse

CO days:

-wet hair/body
-finger detangle length
-finger detangle crown
-scrub
-finger detangle length
-finger detangle crown
-bun hair & place shower cap
-wash body
-shave underarms & legs
- rinse with hot water
-turn water to cold

If I wear my hair down and curly I apply massive amounts of aloe and EVOO and scrunch to reshape my curls. If I am bunning I will wait until my hair is dry and add coconut oil & Nightshade's hair salve.

aksown
July 17th, 2009, 12:53 PM
-Brush hair with bristle-brush before getting in shower
-Heavy olive oil, oiling
-Wet hair
-Baking soda wash (BS completely dissolved in a gallon of warm water) let sit for a couple minutes and rinse for five minutes or more.
-Vinegar/lemon juice, diluted in water and honey, for a rinse.
- Wash body with home-made soap while rinse is in my hair
-Rinse with hot water, then cold, just on hair
-Squoosh water from hair and step out
-Rarely do a CO wash but when I do I use an organic conditioner instead of the BS and vinegar.
-I use a towel for my hair and a towel for my body. I do the twisty head flip thing but I lay my hair on my head and keep it out of the twist.
-I let air dry, then lightly oil with jojoba oil.

On wash days I leave it down and on non-wash days I usually bun. I wash twice a week.

Honey39
July 17th, 2009, 01:11 PM
CO-washer:

Always first thing in morning: get in shower with hair down - uncombed or touched
Squeak as the cold water hits me and then warms up :)
Stand under shower and get hair soaking wet
Put on handfuls of cheap cone-free conditioner, and massage in lightly
Pin it all up in a claw clasp
Wash and sort out the rest of me
Unpin hair
Stick head under water for about two seconds
'Lather' up conditioner, and really focus on washing my hair thoroughly with conditioner
Flip hair upside down
Comb through hair with wide round shower comb (don't know what they're called: round with far apart spikes on?) as the water runs through
Keep combing and rinsing for a little while
Focus then on rinsing, still upside down, and use my hands to squeeze water out as rinsing
Flip hair gently back up and stand under the shower
Rinse hair and gradually chill the water until it's as cold as I'm going to go
Turn water off
Squeeze out excess water
Put a towel on as a turban for a few seconds while I moisturise my face
Either put a micro-turbie on if I'm wearing my hair up and want it to dry
If I'm wearing it down, leave it in a towel for about ten minutes while I moisturise all over, deoderent, perfume, teeth
Take off towel
Comb through hair gently (upside down)
Comb through hair gently (right way up)
Add leave-in conditioner to the ends
Turn back upside down without disturbing parting and scrunch each bit of hair with my hands for about eight times
Tip back up, make sure hair is parted right, and bits are where I want them to dry
LEAVE IT ALONE AND DO NOT TOUCH FOR HOURS UNTIL DRY!

Wow, takes a lot longer to write out than to actually do, lol. I do that every morning, takes about 15 minutes to shower and sort out my hair.

ButterCup02
July 17th, 2009, 01:14 PM
I shower every day (I run most days, and ride horses, and get dirty and sweaty LOL). If I'm not washing my hair that day I just put it up and keep my head out of the water while I wash my body.

For CO days (every 2nd or 3rd day):
-wet down myself and my hair
-put conditioner on my scalp and length
-put hair up in a banana clip to keep it off my back while the conditioner is in it
-shave, wash my body, etc...
-let down hair, put a handful of water on my head and massage my scalp
-rinse out conditioner, and then turn off the shower and squeeze all the excess water out of my hair

Once out of the shower I gently blot and squeeze my hair with a towel and dry myself off, dress and finger comb my hair. I let it air dry.

vampodrama
July 17th, 2009, 01:25 PM
This only applies to showers I take at home:

- detangle hair
- turn on water, wet hair and body
- shampoo scalp
- rinse
- apply conditioner
- fingercomb a bit
- put hair up in a giant plastic claw clip
- wash body (I use regular shower gels, because my skin is not picky)
- take hair down
- rinse hair
- squeeze excess water out of my hair
- dry my body with a towel
- put the same towel on my hair as a turban for about 3 minutes or so
- take off the towel, headbang vigorously for a bit to shake the hair loose

airdry, detangle after it's dry.

I keep it simple.

When I shower in the gym after a workout, I don't wash my hair, although sometimes I rinse it.

amaiaisabella
July 17th, 2009, 01:39 PM
I'm always worried that my wet hair will catch in any clip, so I don't put it up in the shower! I'd love to, though. Sometimes, I'll use a shower cap just to get it off my back.

Routine:
- Wet hair and body
- Shampoo scalp, leave on; apply conditioner generously to length
- Shave underarms/legs
- Lather up pouf and wash body
- Rinse hair and body together
- Carefully squeeze out excess water from hair, lay towel against hair to absorb water and avoid rubbing
- Dry off body; leave hair to air dry after combing out bangs and part

Laurel32
July 17th, 2009, 01:40 PM
I only CO so here goes:

- fingercomb dry hair
- wet hair
- massage scalp (getting some oil off)
- rinse
- squeeze some water off
- slather conditioner on scalp and massage in
- condition rest of hair
- wash body from feet to neck
- massage scalp conditioner
- get head partially wet
- massage scalp more (lol)
- rinse hair and body!
- towel dry

Moonstruck
July 17th, 2009, 01:55 PM
When I'm at home, I MUCH prefer a good long bath (like, a few hours) than a shower, haha. I can only shower (and wouldn't want to get in a college-owned bathtub, ICK!) at college.
I do either at night. I'm a 'poo bar user.

BATHTUB (occasionally has addition of some oils, oatmeal, vinegar, or borax)
- Comb & Detangle hair
- Climb into filled bathtub
- Mermaid soak with scalp/hair underwater; Read a book. :tongue: Often can take at least 30 minutes
- Sit up and "comb" hair near crown with my shampoo bar... around 6 swipes between the arch from ear to ear
- Swipe 2 more times behind the ears
- Work up a lather with the bar, and apply lather to the nape of my neck (this place gets dirty for me, and I have to specially remember to clean it)
- Work lather into my hair and scalp massage
- Rinse
- Work conditioner primarily into ends, and then smooth into below my ears
- Detangle length (really not detangling, but rather just fingercombing conditioner into more of my length)
- Wash body with soap and either the pouf, or rinse and then use loofah
- Rinse with coolish/lukewarm water
- Turn off the water
- Use AVC rinse (water bottle with roughly 2 halfcaps of ACV, filled to the top with water)
- apply to scalp, tilting and moving head and hair to reach all scalp parts.
- apply to hair near nape
- apply a bit to length
- splash face, parts of my arms and neck (helps with my eczema there), and a little near the lady bits
- apply the rest to hair
- Do a little shimmy to shake off some water
- Step out and dry face then body
- Comb/detangle hair, do the towel clap on hair
- Wrap a towel around hair loosely until damp
- Airdry hair.

masterofmidgets
July 17th, 2009, 06:10 PM
I wash my hair about every three or four days. If I'm going to take a shower without washing it, I put it up in a bun or pinned braids. Otherwise this is my routine:

-wet down hair and body
-shampoo (I use shampoo bars most of the time, a non-sulfate shampoo like Burt's Bees once a month or so to clarify. If I'm using poo bars I lather and rinse twice.)
-vinegar rinse (white or ACV)
-condition length (Suave or Nourish Spa, either way I use a ton)
-fingercomb carefully to detangle
-step out of the direct shower spray and soap down the rest of me. I leave my hair down and just lift it up to scrub my neck and shoulders.
-rinse off body
-rinse out conditioner
-towel off. I basically throw the towel over my head and squeeze it gently so it will absorb some of the water from my hair. I don't need it very dry, just enough that it won't drip down my back and soak through my shirt.
-shea butter lotion
-apply aloe vera gel to my hair (about a pea-sized glob for each side, rub my hands together and smooth it through my hair)
-scrunch curls
-wash face, brush teeth, etc etc

Brat
July 17th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Here's what I do if I'm washing hair that day!

Get the water warmed up
Jump in, wet the hair and skin
Shampoo, rinse
Condition
Soap up skin
Shave if I'm doing that that day
Rinse skin
Rinse conditioner
Dry off body while keeping the dripping hair hovering over the tub
Drape towel around shoulders and gently swing hair onto the towel
Brush
Spray gel
Scrunch a bit
Find a t-shirt I don't mind soaking wet with my hair
Let hair air dry without touching it further

bahannas
July 17th, 2009, 08:04 PM
I usually wash my hair first, then wash my face, then rinse the shampoo/facial wash out together. Then I slather on some 'dish, and wash everything else. Shaving days don't really make a difference, I rinse out the conditioner very last regardless. Some days I double CO.

Fiferstone
July 17th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Night before wash day:
Oil with coconut oil, braid (usually English braid because I'm lazy and that's on autopilot for me)

Wash day (every 4th day these days--I go 3 days between washings):
take out braid, carefully untangle with wide-toothed comb so that the hair has no knots before it gets wet (mine is fine and breaks very easily)
In shower, apply Lush Jungle conditioner (liquified with water) to length (anything at or past my ears), flip length over my shoulder to my back (I don't flip my head upside down to rinse, I get way too many tangles if I try that)
apply Lush Karma Komba poo bar to scalp only, work into scalp hair but not length.
rinse shampoo from scalp, allow suds to run down back over length, rinse with warm water until no more soap/conditioner remains.
Do rest of shower routine (bod, face, feet, legs)
Right before leaving shower, turn heat down until it's barely comfortable
apply apple cider vinegar rinse to scalp and length, rinse out.
Once out of shower:
throw towel over my shoulders, gently lift wet hair onto towel draped down my back (like a cape), fold hair into towel,squeeze dry (but do not wring) so that the hair is no longer dripping wet, but damp. NO RUBBING.
Dry rest of me with same large bath sheet
Allow hair to air dry a bit before I try to detangle.
Detangle carefully with wide-toothed comb (I find finger-combing does nothing for me with my hair wet. It simply SNAPS and snarls somewhere else).
Once hair is untangled, either braid, or twist (gently) into a cinnabun held with Good Days hairpins (I need to get more of those soon).
Or I'll be bad and let it air dry loose.
I never use heat to dry it, not even in winter.

zzstarz13z05
July 17th, 2009, 08:24 PM
I never differ from my shower routine.

--wet hair
--shampoo (or not)
--rinse shampoo
--condition
--fingercomb
--wash everything else
--shave (if its shave day)
--wash face
--turn water to cold and rinse conditioner.

Ash
July 17th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Comb hair before shower
Get everything wet
CWC leaving in last conditioner, or CO leaving in conditioner on alternate days
Bun conditioned hair
Scrub+wash face
Shave on shaving days
Scrub+wash rest of body
Rinse out conditioner
Rinse everything again for good measure
Bend over and rinse hair and face with cold distilled water
Gently squeeze out water from hair
Dry body
Detangle hair with wide tooth comb
Wrap hair with hair towel turban thingy
Continue getting ready for the day
Apply leave in conditioner, comb hair
Apply oil, comb again
Braid on work days, leave loose on days off (hair is still wet)
Finish getting ready

Cinnamon Hair
July 17th, 2009, 11:11 PM
More specifically--when do you wash your hair? Before you wash your body or after you wash your body? Some people have LOTS of hair already going down their back and beyond--so what do you do with you hair when you wash your body?

Also, as far at the drying part. How do you dry off your hair? How many towels do you find yourself using--one for body, one for hair perhaps? Do you put your hair up in the twist towel, or have you found that to be too damaging?

Shower:
1. get wet, including hair
2. wash face
3. put products on hair and tuck into a shower cap (I follow the CO method. Put cheap conditioner on scalp then good heavy conditioner on length.)
4. wash body
5. shave
6. rinse hair while detangling then put in hair towel
7. rinse body & wash and rinse feet
8. turn off the water

Drying:
I put my hair in a Turbie Twist. Link (http://beyondclassic.awardspace.us/hairtowel.html) on how to use the turbie twist on long hair.

Almandine
July 18th, 2009, 04:42 AM
- Comb while shower warms up
- Wet down hair thoroughly
- Shampoo (if I'm doing it that day) with Fructis Sleek n Shine
- Rinse out
- Condition with Fructis Sleek n Shine (apply with conditioner comb)
- Wash self (my shower gel smells like cinnamon candy apples. This is worth mentioning because it is awesome.)
- Rinse hair
- Shampoo lightly with Lush shampoo, Cynthia Sylvia Stout
- Rinse
- Condition with Lush conditioner, American Cream ( I do this only when my hair feels dry, which depends largely on the weather)
- Rinse with cold water
- Squeeze out water
- Comb through gently and apply the anti-frizz stuff I use on my hair to keep it extra decent
- Comb some more
- Apply coconut oil
- Braid/bun/whatever
- You'll all kill me, but I mist my head with hairspray. It doesn't seem to be any worse for wear though, and I don't use very much.

Eden Iris
July 18th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Wet everything.
Wash hair. Rinse. Repeat unless clarifying.
If using shampoo bars, condition ends; if using liquid shampoo, condition full length of hair. Put in an octopus clip.
Wash body and face. Rinse.
If using shampoo bars, rinse hair with vinegar solution; if not, rinse conditioner out with shower water.
Squeeze water from hair, final body rinse to remove shed hairs.
Squeeze hair gently with towel.
Get out, dry body with same towel, put back on head as a turban while moisturizing, brushing teeth, etc.
Walk around with damp, uncombed hair until it's mostly dry, then put up with aquapearl sticks, usually after adding leave-in conditioner or oil.

nowxisxforever
July 18th, 2009, 02:18 PM
I wash my hair 2-3 times a week, I shower whenever necessary but generally every other day, at the very least, when I wash my hair.

When it's hot and I'm just taking a "dip" rather than washing my hair, I lather up my bath poof with Dr Bronners Peppermint and scrub. That's about it. I shave every once in a while, but not frequently.

I comb my hair before washing. When I'm washing my hair, I (recently) will put conditioner in the ends, shampoo in the scalp, twist it up into a bun, scrub with Dr Bronners, then rinse hair, then condition ends again and rinse. I squish the water out of my hair (not wring, not towel-dry- although I will squish with a towel if I have to go somewhere rather than bed afterwards), sometimes put a little oil in the ends, and either let it dry down or put it up into a bun and let it dry.

Yes, I'm low-maintenance.

aries
December 6th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Trying to find the mermaid soak instructions and having no luck. Help?

Natalia
December 6th, 2012, 11:33 PM
I'll keep my short. If i need to shampoo i rinse my upper body first then shampoo, rinse, condish, put up with stick or u-pin, wash face then body, rinse out condish and rinse upper body again so i dont get break outs. Im primarily wo so in general i wash my face first, then body, then i scap massage and rinse my hair. Either way at the end i gently squeeze out my hair and wrap back up, i do my face routine, then my body oil, get in pj's and get into bed, then i blot my hair with a washcloth or hand towel, wrap a dry one around my nape hair like a pony tail and leave it there for 15 minutes or so, take it off and go to bed.

spirals
December 7th, 2012, 12:41 AM
--make sure water is running hot, lol
--get in and wet hair
--soap hair up and scrub scalp
--rinse soap out and pour citric acid rinse all over hair (takes 2 to 3 cupfuls); pour straight CA solution directly on itchy parts of scalp if needed, leave it in and put massive amount of conditioner on lengths; put up with ginormous claw clip
--let it sit on hair while doing face scrub and then shaving legs
--rinse the mess out of my hair while bent over so the roots have lift, detangling and pulling out fallen hairs with fingers
--scrunch leave-in into sopping-wet hair while still upside-down, using water in hair to distribute, and then wrap in microfiber towel
--after shower, leave in towel for 15-20 mins before plopping in a T-shirt, which is left on varying times, according to schedule

I just started the plopping recently and my hair dries the faster for it.

Audhumla
December 7th, 2012, 04:22 AM
I wash my hair every two or three days.
On days I don't wash I just clip it out of the way so it doesn't get wet and go about my business.

On wash days I alternate between two systems.

1:
- Finger comb dry hair
- Lightly oil length with avocado, almond or coconut oil which finally works for me now for some reason *shrug*
- Wet hair in shower
- Slather all of hair in macadamia and wheat protein conditioner (Alchemy) or the Natural Secrets goats' milk conditioner
- Use whatever cone-free shampoo I happen to like at the time only on the scalp area (over the conditioner)
- Hold length out of the water while washing shampoo off scalp
- Apply light moisturising conditioner to scalp hair with protein conditioner still in length
- Put conditioner-laden hair in relatively tight hairnet to keep out of the way
- Wash face then body shaving as necessary (not my face obviously :p)
- Take hair down and rinse out conditioner
- Done!

2:
- Finger comb dry hair
- Wet hair
- Apply shampoo to scalp massaging into scalp hair letting the suds go down the length
- Rinse
- Apply conditioner of choice. Usually cone-free but very occasionally the black bottle Schwarzkopf keratin repair one
- Leave conditioner in hair with hair up in hairnet
- Wash face then body
- Take hair down and rinse out conditioner
- Fin.

Ligeia_13
December 7th, 2012, 05:41 AM
On a hair wash day:

-Get in, get soaked
-Shampoo roots
-Rinse
-Condition the bottom half of my hair
-Rinse
-Wash body

And then stand there under the hot water, not wanting to get out in the cold :p

jacqueline101
December 7th, 2012, 06:20 AM
I do my hair first. I take a bath.
Use spray in detangler work out tangles
Use wide tooth pick get tangles out
Shampoo with V05 rinse
Condition V05
Use hair bean remove tangles massage scalp with conditioner on
Rinse warm to cool water
Ring out excess water
Use turbie towel
When dry use detangler
Pick comb
Monistat rubbed on scalp
Mist oil on entire length

jacqueline101
December 7th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Bath I use bubble bath. Wash my face prior to getting in the tub.

spidermom
December 7th, 2012, 07:38 AM
I've decided to wash my hair once per week during the cold weather. So most of the time I coil my hair around my head and cover it with a shower cap, then have a good sudsy scrub-down with lemon verbena shower gel.

Occasionally I soak in a hot bath with a deep treatment on my hair.

On days that I wash my hair in the shower, I brush it out first, wash my hair first with diluted shampoo used at the scalp most often but occasionally through the length too, massage conditioner into the length, and let the conditioner marinate in there while I enjoy a good sudsy body scrub-down (moving my hair out of the way as needed). Then I rinse everything and drop my hair into 2 flannel pillowcases while I dry off and dress.

Zesty
December 7th, 2012, 08:08 AM
On the days I don't wash my hair, I just hop into the shower with my hair in an acrylic hair stick and rinse my body, scrub underarms with washcloth, soap strategic areas (e.g. feet) and get out. I usually do this in the morning or after working out if I work out.

On the days I do wash my hair I do it in the evening, and I usually do it without really washing my body because oftentimes I showered that morning. I pour my egg mixture over my scalp and wrap it up, let it sit for 20 minutes while I nap or whatever. Then I get back in the shower and rinse, then CO, then do a diluted vinegar rinse at the end. If I wash my body at the same time, I do it while the conditioner for CO is sitting on my hair in the shower.

teela1978
December 7th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Get in, get hair all wet and wash scalp with a small amount of shampoo.
Rinse shampoo, douse length in a table spoon or 2 of conditioner, bun hair to keep out of way.
Wash face, wash body.
Rinse conditioner out of hair.
Squeeze excess water out of length, find a towel.
Done!

Darkessa
December 7th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Ill just do my shampoo days, all the other days I dont even get my hair wet.

~ Oil hair hours before shower with Coconut or Olive oil
~ Detangle with wide toothed comb
~ Get hair wet
~ Apply V05 Clarifying Vanilla Mint Tea Therapy conditioner to scalp, massage
~ Apply V05 Hydrating Strawberry conditioner to length, gently squeeze in
~ I dont use soap on my body due to my Eczema, but I rinse off and wash my lady bits
~ Rinse hair well
~ Wash hair with locally made shampoo (I want Hydrating Pureology), apply to scalp only and massage, then drag suds down to the ends, let sit for a moment
~ Wash face
~ Rinse everything very well
~ Apply V05 Nourishing Calming Chamomile Tea Therapy conditioner to length, lightly "massage" in
~ Shave, dance, hang out, sing... All depends on mood and level of lazy
~ I get down on my knees to rinse this time, so I can better control when I stop/how much conditioner I leave in
~ Stand and squeeze out hair gently to remove excess water while turning off shower and rinsing the tub
~ Squeeze hair with towel gently then dry off body with same towel
~ Get dressed and then apply Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Anti Frizz Serum to hair and lotion to face!

Wahinee
December 7th, 2012, 09:04 AM
I usually cowash - put in the conditioner, put my hair up with a plastic claw clip, wash my body and then rinse out the conditioner and wash my face. I feel like its necessary to wash my face after the conditioner is rinsed out so there's no residue left over.

On non washing days I just wear my hair in a bun on top of my head. I don't find that a shower cap is necessary and I think the steam from the shower is beneficial even if im not getting my hair wet

Once a week I shampoo, get out of the shower and apply my deep conditioner, let it sit for an hour or so and then get back in the shower to rinse it out

HintOfMint
December 7th, 2012, 10:04 AM
I HATE hair going down my back and into the "beyond."

Here's what I do:
I put my hair in front of one shoulder, so any loose strands go down my leg instead. Rinse my hair and scalp, massaging the scalp as I go. I dab some shampoo on the roots, massage until I feel I've gotten every bit of my scalp. It's a dandruff shampoo so I leave it for a minute or two. Then I rinse, keeping all my hair in front of my shoulder. It's pretty easy, I just tip my head back, rinse my scalp, and then turn to the side to rinse the rest of my hair. Then I put it over the other shoulder in case I didn't rinse some parts better than others when it was positioned the first way
Then I put conditioner in my hair, which is the big process of removing most of the shed hair. I work it through, keeping it over one shoulder and then the other. Then I twist it into a bun type thing on top of my head.
I wash the rest of my body. This helps in removing any renegade hairs that moved into the beyond.
Then I rinse out the conditioner, scalp first, then turning to the side to rinse the length. I'll tip my body away from the water at this point to avoid any more shed hairs going down my body and to really rinse the conditioner out well.

I know this sounds so involved, but really, it's second nature.

Maha
December 7th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Pre showering:
Apply leave in conditioner fro the ponytail starting point to the ends, then let it stay in for maybe 5 minutes before getting in to shower.

showering:
sulfate free shampoo on scalp.
bring rest from back to in front and wash the scalp (trying not to let as much shampoo go down the length)
Apply more conditioner (not leave in), sit for 5 minutes, wash out for about 20 seconds.

drying:
squeeze length gently in towel
pat head with towel
wrap towel gently around hair and leave like that until it is a little damp.
Wide tooth comb through once while slightly damp.

Yup, that's all I do.

biogirl87
December 7th, 2012, 02:12 PM
I'm more of a quick in out bath than shower person as summertime is the only time when I take daily showers. Any other season of the year and I take a shower when I'm washing my hair. The entire routine is:

Get in the tub/shower, turn on hot water and shower
When water is hot, wet hair and body
Pour out a dollar coin-sized dollop of shampoo and get into the roots of my hair
Scrub well and rinse out
Put conditioner on the length from ears down, the conditioner that's left goes on top on my head to bring the pH down a bit
Wash body, shave armpits if needed
Rinse body, turning on cold water a bit if water temp is too hot
Rinse hair, turn off shower
Squeeze excess water, dry brieftly with towel (until there's not dripping water)
Drying hair with towel: hair on top of head gets gently squeezed, length gets scrunched to help bring out the waves
Dry body, get out of the shower, leave hair alone to dry (it is left down when it's drying)

erialc
December 7th, 2012, 03:08 PM
1. Get the hair wet
2. Jessicurl Hair cleansing cream all over scalp
3. Rinse
4. Get out of shower and finger comb hair with Jessicurl confident curls thingie
5. Scrunch it dry with micro towel

And somewhere in between I wash my body with either honey, olive oil soap or just water. (ok, I admit, lately I've been cheating with a regular shower gel because the one we have now smells soooo good.)

Mayflower
December 7th, 2012, 03:10 PM
On wash days I brush my hair out fully, which usually takes about half an hour. I then hop into the warm shower and wet my body, turn the heat down and wet my hair (with cool water) and shampoo my scalp. Rinse and repeat, with just a dollop of shampoo the second time. I then squeeze out as much water as I possible can out of my hair and apply my conditioner. While that's soaking in, I take my showergel and loofah and scrub my entire body. I just move my hair out of the way, it has conditioner in so a little showergel won't hurt. After that I rinse off my body and hair.

I use a giant towel for my hair and one for my body. While my hair's wrapped up in the towel I apply body butter all over my body, get dressed, moisturise my face and take care of my feet (I wash my hair at night). I usually let it dry 'till about 85% dry, then give it a quick blast with the blowdryer, put it up in a bun and go to sleep. I need to wash my hair at around 7pm, so that I can go to sleep at 10.30, which means hair wash nights are staying at home nights. :p

On days I don't wash my hair, I either do everything of the above, minus the hair stuff, and shave my legs etc., or I wash the feet, pits and lady bits at the sink, which saves water and body butter. I never wash my hair AND shave my legs at the same time because that uses up way too much water at once.

laceyfairy
December 7th, 2012, 03:24 PM
1.Detangle hair and maybe brush it.
2. Turn on shower
3. Get in, get hair wet
4. Apply everyday shea conditioner from ears down, in general
5. Put Dr. Bronners on loofah, make it foamy
6. Wash body and face
7. Use diluted dr. bronners on scalp, rinse it out, along with the conditioner
8. Apply trader joes ttt and some more every day shea
9. Shave underarms
10. Detangle hair
11. Rinse out conditioner

After that I get out, put my hair on top of a towel so I can use lotion/jojoba oil on my body. Then I squeeze the length gently through the towell, over the tub/shower area. Finally, I put whatever I'm sleeping in on and brush my teeth. If I feel like it, I'll put some jojoba oil on my face and a little bit on my ends.

Amorice
December 7th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Pre-wash (every 4-5 days):
-detangle
-apply coconut oil from the chin down
-braid
-leave for at least an hour, overnight if i can

Wash:
- wet hair
- shampoo scalp; I use one hand to hold my hair in a ponytail and rake the other, soap-ed up hand over the non-pony'd hair
- dunk hair underwater (I prefer baths) & massage scalp a little while finger-combing the shampoo out
- glob conditioner from ears down
- twist, fold & clip to top of head with a big claw-clip
- wash face, shave etc and enjoy the rest of my bath. I try to make this last for a good 5-10 mins
- turn on cold water
- un-clip hair, pull over shoulder, rinse + finger comb under cold running water

I only do the towel-turban thing if I have to be somewhere in less than an hour. I prefer to bathe after work, so I can let my hair just hang and air-dry in peace.

ETA: since some people are listing the products they use as well as methods, I use Suave Profesionals Rosemary & Mint ("All Hair Types", I like the scent & the mint feels tingly on my scalp!) Shampoo and Almond & Shea Butter ("Dry/Damaged", don't like the scent as much but I've gotten used to it since I can afford gobs of it) Conditioner.

TheMechaGinger
December 7th, 2012, 04:26 PM
My routine isn't too crazy. If I have to wash my hair:
I try to oil the night before or at least a couple hours before I wash
Detangle with my lovely tangle teezer :]
Hop in and soak my hair completely
Squirt out a little shampoo and massage it into my scalp only
Rinse my hair really really well
Squeeze out extra water and run a generous amount of condition through my hair from the ears down (I like to finger comb the conditioner through for a little while)
Grab my bar of natural neem oil/lavender soap and wash my whole body with my scrubby loofah thing (face included) and shave if I need to
Rinse off the soap and the conditioner
Squeeze out extra water from hair and towel dry my body off
Turby twist time!
While my hair is still in the towell I rub coconut oil all over my body (face too) and really massage it in. Keeps my skin lookin' awesome!
Then I take my hair down and put in a little less than a dime sized amount of some cone-y serum and headbang/let it air dry

If I don't have to wash my hair I just tie it up, take a bath and wash my self with my neem/lavender soap, maybe shave, and then coconut oil afterwards. I also have a plethora of shower caps for when I don't feel like taking a bath

MissEarlGrey
December 7th, 2012, 07:10 PM
So many complicated routines! Some of you must turn into prunes doing all that!

I get in
Get wet
Put in conditioner
Wash the body
Rinse out conditioner
Wash face.
Done.

EDIT: After shower, I put on my homemade coconut oil deodorant, dab on my home-blended orange-sandalwood-neroli perfume, and brush my teeth.

dwell_in_safety
December 7th, 2012, 07:57 PM
-Take my hair down, detangle with my fingers, and comb
-Spread 4-5 palmfuls of conditioner throughout my hair, from my ears down. I also put a little on the hair above my ears, but I am careful to avoid my scalp because it gives me very bad dandruff.
-Wrap my hair into a cinnabun for half an hour
-Enter shower and bend at the waist, bringing my hair so that it hangs down in front of me
-Rinse conditioner out with tepid water, all the while alternating between fingercombing and massaging my scalp
-Stand up straight, flip hair over properly, and detangle again, VERY gently
-Rinse first one side of my hair and then the other, massaging my scalp
-Turn water on hot, splash some ACV into a large drinking glass I keep in the shower, and fill the rest with hot water
-Pour the water over my head and massage it into my hair a bit
-Turn water all the way on cold and quickly rinse just a little bit
-Turn off the shower and draw a bath of hot water
-Sit in the bath and shave everything I feel like shaving

I do this once every nine days. I have never washed my body; it's clean with just water, and only that often.

beautifulending
December 7th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Okay

~First I massage my head~
~Then I shampoo my scalp('Honey I'm strong')
~Then condition my hair(again 'honey I'm strong)
~Then I bath with a local coconut milk body wash~
~I shave twice a week~
~Then I wash the conditioner out~
~I get out dry off~
~Then get my turbe twist hair thing put it on my hair(I leave my hair in it for around 5mins)~
~Then put coconut oil on my ends~
~then let my hair finish air-drying~

spirals
December 8th, 2012, 12:36 AM
Oh, yeah--I forgot to mention that I totally brush my teeth in the shower. Does anyone else?

auburntressed
December 8th, 2012, 03:49 AM
Mine is thus:

-Put hair up into a topknot bun on top of my head and secure with an acrylic Ketylo.
-Get in shower, get all wet.
-Wash body with body wash.
-Wash face with honey.
Either, I am done at this point; or I am washing my hair. So if I am washing my hair, it goes:
-Take Ketylo out and bend forward a little, letting my hair fall in front of me.
-Soak hair with water.
-Lather shampoo into my scalp.
-Rinse hair under the shower head, still bent forward a little.
-Gradually turn the temperature down until it is as cold as I can stand it, then rinse like that for a few seconds to a minute.
-After this, sometimes I then rinse with an ACV mix, sometimes not.
-Squeeze out hair, then wrap into a turbie twist.
-Get out of shower and towel myself off.

DinaAG
December 8th, 2012, 04:30 AM
Shower:
- water rinse hair
- shampoo with sulfate free
- repeat but mixed with smashed aspirin for dandruff on scalp and leave it
- put sulfate free conditioner on the length and leave it
- wash body with a soap (aka cstile soap) or dettol soap and loofah
- Rinse hair with water
- acidic rinse the hair
- wrap a towel on my hair gently
- final body water rinse

Drying:
- medium size towel then leave my hair to air dry
- put my eye cream, face cream and body butter, deodrant and body spray
- when hair is 70% dry i put chi keratin mist
- after hair is dry i put on the length a mixture of EVOO and coconut oil and put it in a bun or braid

Pierre
December 8th, 2012, 05:06 AM
When I wash my hair, I spend less time scraping dead skin off. I use a pair of scissors as a strigil.

I take the left braid down, unbraid it, comb the shed hairs out, and put them on the shower wall or a shelf. Before doing the right braid, I may scrape my hands. Once I've done the right braid, I scrape my soles, sometimes peeling a blype off.

I use one towel. I put my hair up with a pair of Flexis after showering, but it may be a few hours or a day before I rebraid it. I hennaed Wednesday night and rinsed it off Thursday morning, but didn't braid until last night.

KwaveT
December 11th, 2012, 04:53 PM
My bathing routine takes the better part of almost two hours. I do this twice a week.

-Shave much of my body(face, arms, underarms, chest, pubic area, legs and feet)
-Wet my hair and body in shower with cold water
-At sink, apply sulfate free organic shampoo and wash my hair
-Back in shower, rinse my hair of shampoo
-At sink apply cone free organic conditioner and let set on my hair for about eight minutes or so.
-Back in shower I do following:
-Rinse the conditioner out of my hair
-Wash my body with soap bar
-Apply and in-shower moisturizer to my legs and feet and rinse
-Do another rinsing of my hair with even colder water
-Out of shower, I push my dripping wet hair behind my ears and let it air dry that way
-Apply regular body lotion to my legs and feet while my body is dripping wet (I don't towel dry my body)
-Wait about ten to fifteen minutes or so and let my body drip dry
-Get dressed and clean all my loose hair out of sink, floor, and shower
-Put all the razors, gels, and lotions back up and use my towel to get all water off the floor (I soak the floor with puddles everywhere)

Angela_Rose
December 11th, 2012, 05:47 PM
-Detangle with a shower comb
-Apply coconut oil
-Turn on the water
-Get everything wet (cool water on the hair)
-Scrub scalp with LUSH Soak'n'Float or Squeaky Green
-Wash face
-Rinse shampoo out, cool water
-Apply conditioner, Suave Keratin
-Twist hair into a loose bun, apply stick to keep the bun up
-Coconut oil on face, arms, places to be shaved
-Shave ALL THE THINGS
-Smoosh coconut oil into face, finger-scrub like I would with soap
-LUSH soap, currently using Bohemian, on stinky parts such as sweaty armpits etc
-Rinse the body so I don't get soap on my hair. This is the last time I use hot water.
-Let the hair down
-Gently detangle with the shower comb again
-Rinse the conditioner out with cool water
-Squeeze out excess water from my hair
-Wrap my body in a towel
-Turn head upside down and wrap the hair in a towel
-Brush teeth

And there you have it.

Kaya
December 11th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Phew! I'm glad I'm not the only one with a rather involved bath routine! :) I usually oil daily or at least every other day depending on how my hair is feeling, so I CO-wash every night.

-Take oiled hair down from updo and finger-comb to get rid of shed hair.
-Generously apply Suave Daily Clarifying conditioner to entire head, as I oil everything.
-Clip up with giant plastic claw clip.
-Floss and brush teeth.
-Wait for the shower to warm and then use selected body wash to clean body and shave if motivated enough. Try not to drool over my new favorite Bath and Body Works scents: Twisted Peppermint and Vanilla Bean Noel. Seriously. I want to eat them they smell so yummy. :o Hair is still in claw clip and not under the water.
-Take conditioned-soaked hair from clip and add a little bit of water to work up some cleansing foam.
-Massage scalp and proceed to rinse rest of hair, using my trusty shower comb to keep tangling down to minimum.
-Split hair down the middle and rinse each section separately to ensure I get all the way down to the scalp, especially at the back of my head.
-Use my tangle teezer to brush out my hair under the shower stream to get rid of any loosened shed hair.
-Use shower comb to comb back all my hair and finish my shower with a face scrub.
-Gently smoosh the water out of my hair once with my hands before wrapping my body in a towel, leaving my hair out and down my back.
-Wrap my hair up in a turbie twist and do my usual post-shower routine.
-Let my hair down, comb it out with another shower/wide-tooth comb, braid it damp, fastened with a cloth band and apply a smidge of camellia oil to the tassel.
-Go to bed!

Amygirl8
December 11th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Let's see...

- Rinse everything
- Apply shampoo, lather it in really really well
- Let shampoo sit on hair
- Proceed to wash body with body wash, moving hair between front and back as needed
- Apply 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner to length of hair, lather well
- Apply conditioner over ^^, work in until it looks like there's nothing on the hair
- Rinse everything off of hair
- Rinse length of hair with really cold water
- Rinse body once more
- Get out of the shower

In terms of towel use I don't twist it, I just kinda fold it under so the ends are loose, haha.
Usually I let it airdry, but we just got a new blowdryer that actually has a cold air option so I think I'll be using that to dry it.

Callque
December 12th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Washing:
- Brush hair before shower (this way I won't have to brush through my curls afterwards)
- Apply Coconut oil once a week and leave it on for as long as I can before the shower
- Thoroughly wet hair & body
- Do scalp massage with Selsum Blue Naturals Shampoo
- Rinse shampoo
- Apply conditioner so it has the whole shower to soak in (Tresemme Smooth & Silky) and wrap up hair in a bun with a claw clip (it's way easier on your hair and distributes the weight much more evenly)
- Wash body and rinse body (I just ordered these natural handmade soaps that have a new scent every time you use it and I'm pretty excited to use them)
- Shave
- Wash Face
- Rinse Hair

Drying:
The 'Turbie Twist' has become a staple in my haircare routine. You can get a box of two of them for $6 at Ross. It defines my curls beautifully (I don't brush my hair at all after my shower, only before) and it dries my hair SO much more quickly than normal bath towels. My hair is starting to become too long for it to curl my ends (you can wear it upside down if you have longer hair but it doesn't curl my hair the same way) so I'm thinking of buying a large microfiber towel that you use to dry cars and use that the same way. Lol but if you aren't using it for curling purposes then you can just flip your ends into the towel or just wear the towel upside down and it'll dry just as well.

Short version: I recommend putting your hair up with a claw clip and getting a Turbie Twist. :)

Callque
December 12th, 2012, 12:08 PM
So many complicated routines! Some of you must turn into prunes doing all that!

I get in
Get wet
Put in conditioner
Wash the body
Rinse out conditioner
Wash face.
Done.

EDIT: After shower, I put on my homemade coconut oil deodorant, dab on my home-blended orange-sandalwood-neroli perfume, and brush my teeth.

Oh I'd love to hear how you make your Coconut Oil deodorant if you are willing to share!

PossibleMermaid
December 12th, 2012, 07:14 PM
I CO just about every day (I've had oily problems with every other...) and Baking Soda or Vinegar about once ever two weeks or so. But every day I:
-Wet hair, comb Suave Naturals Rosemary and Mint conditioner through. (Rosemary/Mint makes my hair smell like it's full of faeries. :D)
-Wash le bod/face/Shave and all that good stuff
-Rise hair in hot water, combing conditioner out.
-Rinse in cold water, still combing.
-Towel dry and comb again to avoid tangles.
-Finally I use a curl definer and moisturize/sunscreen my face after I'm out.

KittyBird
December 13th, 2012, 04:39 AM
Shampoo bar user here!

- Detangle and fingercomb dry hair.
- If I feel like shaving my legs, I always do it before I wash my hair. I use Chagrin Valley's Chocolate Orange Twist soap as shaving cream.
- Wet hair, making sure it's really sopping wet.
- Glide CV 'poo bar over my hair, parting it here and there to make sure I don't miss a spot. I use Butter Bar, Ayurvedic Herb or Coconut Milk.
- Wet my hair and hands a bit, and massage my scalp to build up a lot of lather.
- Move the lather as far down my length as I can.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Glide 'poo bar over my head again, repeating the previous steps.
- Sometimes I lather up a third time, but usually twice is enough.
- Rub Chocolate Orange Twist soap all over my body, massage it in and rinse.
- I have waist length hair, and I just move it around as I put soap on my body. For example, I put it over my shoulder when washing my back.
- I finish with a cold ACV rinse.
- I don't rinse out the ACV, but I do a quick rinse of my body to get rid of the ACV smell.

Drying:
- I gently squeeze some of the water out of my hair and put it up in a loose towel turban.
- I use another towel to dry my body.
- I put a mixture of shea butter and coconut oil all over myself and let it soak in for a while before getting dressed.
- After I'm dressed, I take my hair down and let it air dry.

goldloli
December 13th, 2012, 06:42 AM
-pre poo or oil if i bother
-get in, wet hair, wash hair with either normal or slsfree poo
-rinse
-wash face while waiting for water to drip from hair. maybe do catnip rinse here (pour on head leave for 5 mins then rinse)
-apply conditioner, sometimes add a blob of castor oil to it if hair is dry then tie in high bun
-wash body with an exfoliating cloth a sls and tallow free glycerine soap (otherwise i get rashes or acne)
-shave using suds from soap
-exfoliate face neck and ears with w/e gentle product
-then submerge entire body in water to rinse hair face and body
-stand up, tip over hair and pour cold water then add a drop of co to it while soaking wet

post bath
-spray face & body with homemade antiaging spray made from green tea, vit c and grapeseed.
-towel turban towel squish hair damp, detangle with fingers, apply products then bbb
-apply body lotion, sometimes a retinol one

ladyfey
December 13th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Tangle teezer before shower, get hair wet and put conditoner on length, shampoo scalp and pin hair up with 2 large claw clips. Wash body, rinse hair, wash face. Apply conditioner all over hair and gently comb it thru. Rinse. I leave the shampoo in while washing my body because I use medicated shampoo.

EndlessSunshine
December 14th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Bathing is whatever I think my hair and skin need. Sometimes it is a water only rinse, other times an exfoliation treatment with an oil and baking soda. If I need to get refreshed and wake up then I use the Peppermint Bronners and it really wakes me up. Same with my hair, sometimes it is just a quick acv rinse and other times it is a full CO wash.

patienceneeded
December 14th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Wow, there are some complicated routines here! I keep it simple. (In my early LHC days I tried everything). Simple works best for me.

Shower -
Wet hair and body
Shampoo hair and rinse well
Conditioner from the ears down (leave alone for now)
Shave legs and pits
Wash (soap) body
Rinse Conditioner and body at the same time
Wash face using Cetaphil face wash
Done.

I use a microfiber twist-towel for my hair and dry my body with a different towel. I hate having sopping wet hair lying on my back. My hair holds water like crazy, always has.

YumiYume
December 14th, 2012, 03:10 PM
today I did like this and I prefer it a lot better because I hate being in cold showers and sitting in a cold bathtub:

1.fingercombed my hair, forgot to comb it with a wide tooth comb after..
2. make the water cold and bend my hair over the bathtub, rince and clean with condidtioner, both scalp and lenth, rince again
3. squeese out water and apply a lot of my 2 conditioner, both scalp and lenth, take a plastic bag over and make it as waterproof as posible
4. make the water warm, today I took a bath so I filled the tub up then I enjoyed it there and listened to soft chritmas music, then took my shower.
5. jump out and dry myself, and make the water cold again
6. rince the bag and my hair
7. dipped my hair into a ACV/cold water blend in a bowel, my whole head fit in the bowel so I put it al in and moved around it so al my hair got it, squeesed it out and repeted. then I splached the parts that didnt get so much, then just put the rest in the neckhair.
8. squeesed and rinced with cold water (to see if it makes difference since last ime I tried ACV)
9. squeesed with towel and then put jojoba oil
10. took a new towel and made a plop,done :)

sapphire-o
January 10th, 2013, 04:32 AM
I do this if I have enough time:

1. wet everything
2. shampoo and rinse hair 3 times, using shampoo bar or natural shampoo
3. put hair up with a clip, scrub the front of my body with just my hands
4. soap up everywhere and rinse off
5. scrub everywhere (other than front of my body) with wash cloth under hot running water
6. scrub neck, face, ears last
7. take down hair and have one final rinse
8, dry off, put hair in a towel, put lotion on lower legs only

If I'm rushed for time I use a bath pouf and shower gel, just lather up everywhere and skip the scrubbing in step 3, 4 and 5. I never skip step 6. My habit seems to differ from most people's. I lather up and rinse off before scrubbing. This is an old habit of mine to ensure squeaky cleanliness. :) The bad news is shower takes forever. The good news is shower is quite a workout. I'm sure I burn as much calories as walking a mile. :D

Cheele
January 10th, 2013, 05:05 AM
Mkay. I'll have two different ones for each of the different washes I do + a drying one.

** - Only happens sometimes

Shampoo bar wash (happens about every other/every 2 days):
- Detangle hair prior to hoppin' in.
- Wet everything
- Wash face
- Lather up bar to scalp and only scalp
- Rinse out
- **Wash again (depending on the oils I've used/how long it's been since I've washed)
- Vinegar rinse. (I'd estimate 3 tsp vinegar [ACV or Balsamic.. whatever I have on hand] to 5-6 cups of water in this big cuppy I keep in there)
- Lightly condition the last 3 inches or so of my hair
- Brush teeth (Yeah.. I brush my teeth in the shower :p)
- **Shave what I feel like I should
- Rinse out conditioner in COLD water
- Turn off faucet
- Squeeze water out
- Hop out

Sulfate wash (happens about once a week/once every other week):
- Slather all of my hair in oil either the night before or earlier in the day.
- Detangle hair prior to hoppin' in.
- Wet everything
- Apply conditioner all over my hair
- Wash face
- Lightly lather shampoo on my scalp and only my scalp (I expect the shampoo to gently slide down the length)
- Rinse out
- **Wash again (depending on the oils I've used)
- Condition my length (ears down)
- Brush teeth
- **Shave what I feel like I should
- Rinse out conditioner in COLD water
- Turn off faucet
- Squeeze water out
- Hop out

Drying method:
- Dry off body with a towel
- Pat hair with the same towel
- Put hair up in a Turbie Twist :)

Theee Enddd.

cranberrymoonz
January 10th, 2013, 05:35 AM
I have pretty dry skin and my scalp is not very oily either, so my washing routine may be pretty mild compared to your's..

Once every other day (5 min shower):
- loosen hair and fingercomb
- get in the shower
- rinse hair and scalp very well
- rince body and wash armpits with mild shower gel
- hop out of the shower
- dry body with a towel
- put on bathrobe and put hair up in the towel
- use leave-in conditioner on my ends
- braid hair or put it up in a turbie towel to dry

Once every week I add these steps(15 min shower):
- wash scalp with sulfate free shampoo (sulfates once a month)
- use light conditioner ears-down (heavy conditioner when using sulfates)
- shave if I need to
- scrub face and neck
- wash armpits with shower gel
- rinse conditioner
- hop out of the shower, dry with towel etc.
- use coconut oil on the ends of my hair
- turbie towel

Coolcombination
January 10th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Mine is pretty simple tbh.
Run a bath (plain water)
Read a book
Apply shampoo
Rinse with mermaid soak
Apply condish to the last 4"
Leave for 15 mins
Wash body
Rinse out condish
Wrap towel round hair
Moisturise face

Also before I have a bath, I scalp massage and then scritch with my bbb

Earelia
January 10th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Condition length, shampoo scalp, rinse, condition ends, bun, wash body and face, brush teeth and shave. Then turn the cool water up and rinse. When the boyfriend is sharing the shower he really whines about the cold water. I try to let the conditioner sit for as long as possible and the cool water seems to help with smoothness.

Earelia
January 10th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Oh, and I towel wrap it for a bit and air dry.

rtree721
January 10th, 2013, 08:49 AM
I shower every other night so heres how it goes-
Wet hair
Apply light conditioner to half of the length (not always)
Put shampoo on my roots and then put my head under the water and lather
Rinse all of my hair
Apply a thick conditioner to most of my hair but the roots
Wash my body
Wash off mascara
Shave whatever needs to be shaved
Start to detangle my hair with a comb
Rinse off completely
Pat hair dry with t-shirt
Comb hair and then braid

dollyfish
January 10th, 2013, 04:07 PM
I love this thread!! :) Great idea

shower:
finger comb
wet hair and body
shampoo bangs/part lightly, flip hair upside down and scrub bubbles into my scalp
rinse
coat hair in conditioner, leave it in
If it's really getting in the way I braid it, but it's short enough that I can usually just leave it down and still keep it out of the water
wash face and body, and shave anything I feel like shaving
rinse out conditioner
pour ACV into tupperware container and fill to the top with water, dump on head
final rinse

post-shower:
squeeze water from hair
squeeze hair with towel
...and sometimes I do the "turban" wrap thing with my towel while I use another to dry the rest of me!

Then of course I do things to my face with witch hazel, etc, and put things like aloe and almond oil in my hair. All that other fun stuff.

Sillage
January 10th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Oh man, some of you have really complicated routines!

For me it's just

comb hair before getting in
wet everything
shampoo
rinse out shampoo very well
put in conditioner and twist hair into bun, hold with an octoclip
shave
rinse out conditioner
put hair back in the octoclip
wash body
rinse
wash face
rinse
take hair out of octoclip
rinse everything again

Kiwiwi
January 10th, 2013, 06:07 PM
I brush my hair.
Get in the shower and wet everything.
Put shampoo in my hair and massage it in.
While that's sitting in I wash my body with soap.
Rinse the shampoo out.
Apply conditioner from the ears down.
While that's sitting in I brush my teeth (and sometimes shave things).
Rinse conditioner out.
Wash my face and ears with special soap.
Do a final all over rinse.
Put my hair up very simply and squeeze the water out so it's not dripping.
Get out of shower.
Dry body.
Apply face cream.
Go to couch.
Dry feetsies.
Squeeze my hair carefully with a t-shirt.
Brush hair.
Apply oil as leave-in.
Put hair up.
Get dressed.
:)

fluffypuffy
January 14th, 2013, 03:35 AM
This is so interesting to read! I feel like I'm learning something, here.

Mine looks something like this:
- hop in (too hot) shower
- get hair nicely soaked, exfoliate face gently
- leave cleanser on to marinate while I shampoo and rinse
- apply LOADS of conditioner and twist into a loose bun on top of my head (I leave this for 5 minutes at least)
- get the body wash going
- take hair down, detangle with my fingers
- rinse conditioner out and cleanser off of my face
- squeeze out excess with my hands (no wringing)
- dab body/face dry-ish then apply moisturiser
- squeeze excess water out of my hair with paper towels and then tousle curls
- air dry

Kyaatje
January 14th, 2013, 04:08 AM
most of these routines are so complicated !

For me on non hair wash days its really easy : put hair up, hop into shower, rinse and hop back out again and towel dry. (no I don't use products here if not needed, my skin doesn't like it !) Out of shower : homemade coconut deo and ready

On hair wash days its a bit more complicated, but it is only every 5 to 7 days :
- brush hair
- take a teaspoon of shampoo and add a cup or 2 of water
- get into shower and wet everything all over ;-)
- pour some of the diluted shampoo on top of my head and work in, then rinse and do this again
- put conditioner in starting from the ears down and let this sit
- use a little bit off showergel to lather up and use the lather to shave all areas that need it
- comb out hair
- rinse
- fill pitcher with a dash off ACV and water (I don't measure)
- dip the length of my hair in and then pour over my head
- short rinse
- squeeze water out of hair and put it up in 'hair' towel
- dry all over
- apply coconut oil to hair and
- put hair up plopping style with t-shirt
- apply homemade coconut deo

this seems long but is done in like 15 min I think (again no measuring LOL)

Mountaingrrl
January 15th, 2013, 12:35 AM
Usual routine on CO-wash days

Finger-comb coconut oil through my hair
Let it sit for awhile as needed
Step into shower, let water saturate hair
Work conditioner over and through hair from the ends up to the ears
Massage scalp, adding conditioner as needed
Wash front of body
Push hair in front of body, wash back of body
Finish rinsing hair
Towel-dry body, wrap towel under arms
Drape second towel under hair / over shoulders
Wrap smooth bathrobe over that and either air dry or damp braid hair

Some winter days if my body needs washing but not my hair I'll bun the hair and soak in the bath. In summer I'm more likely to add a cool-water rinse at the end.