PDA

View Full Version : Modified Gibson Tuck for shorter hair (photo)

LutraLutra
July 17th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Hello Hairy People, I donít know if this is a known trick or not, but Iíve found a way to make a pretty, stable and comfortable Gibson Tuck style for hair thatís just hitting shoulder length (unless youíve got lovely big, thick, curly hair Ė that might be more of a challenge :)).

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i80/princessaldatma/gibtuck.jpg?t=1247851460

AnywayÖ

1 Pull into a low ponytail and secure using a non-snag elastic (donít use anything thicker or itíll be too big to roll).

2 Ease elastic down the ponytail about an inch, depending on lenght and thickness of hair.

3 Using both hands slightly part the hair above and to the sides of the ponytail until it forms a pouch Ė donít part the hair below the ponytail.

4 Flip the ponytail into the pouch (you might need to ease the band elastic down further if the pouch isnít big enough).

5 Make sure the ponytail, elastic and hair are centred and tucked into the pouch. This should have formed a roll of hair from ear to ear.

6 Secure by pushing a beak clip, or other fairly long, pointed hair toy into the hair as horizontally as possible, making sure that the youíre clipping some of the hair on the back of your head as well as the elastic and the outside roll of hair.

It makes me feel very elegant and ladylike, and it's great for when you want to feel more dressed up. :)

Silver Strands
July 17th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Oh how pretty your hair is!
It really looks feminine and elegant.

My hair is almost APL but you have reminded me that I want to try this hairstyle.

amaiaisabella
July 17th, 2009, 11:55 AM
I really like it on you! I haven't managed the Gibson tuck, mainly because my hair is so fine, but I have the length for it, so I'm rather stuck :(

melrose1985
July 17th, 2009, 12:33 PM
That's super cute!

Darkhorse1
July 17th, 2009, 12:35 PM
This is just a lovely style. I was trying to do one, but with tailbone length hair, I think it's not going to work :(

redneckprincess
July 17th, 2009, 02:27 PM
looks good, I have been wondering just what this hair style was and for what leingth

perlexquisit
July 17th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Beautiful hair-do! Where were you when my hair was that short :confused:????????