PDA

View Full Version : First Trim in a Year

Citrine
July 17th, 2009, 09:03 AM
While away on vacation I jumped at the chance to get a hair cut/trim with a dear friend. The hair-stylist was a lovely woman from Thailand and seemed to adore my hair. She repeatedly commented on the overall healthiness of my hair, and raved about it's texture (she compared it to silk strands :eek:). She was surprised to hear that I use baking soda rinses instead of shampoo, and tried to sell some expensive brand to me. When it came time for the trim she was very understanding about how little I wanted taken off, and even discouraged me from ever having short hair again. After the trim the stylist had fun playing with my hair, which is why it has been straightened in these pictures. Heat styling is not a normal part of my hair care routine, but figure it can't be TOO bad if only done occasionally. Overall, it was a pleasant trip to the salon.

Pictures! Please excuse the bare back :o
http://pics.livejournal.com/kittygirl35226/pic/00028b23/s320x240 (http://pics.livejournal.com/kittygirl35226/pic/00028b23/)
While it's sad to have lost some length, hair will always keep growing (albeit slower than we'd like). Plus, now my hair looks nice and compliments my face again. IMO there's no point to having healthy, long hair if it doesn't compliment my features */vanity*
Now let's cross our fingers and hope that I make it to full BSL by the holiday season.

Aditi
July 17th, 2009, 09:08 AM
It will reach BSL in no time, i am sure of that. You hair really looks smooth and silky, gorgeous :)

JamiG
July 17th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Very pretty! Love the color!

Toadstool
July 17th, 2009, 02:54 PM
i think that's the silkiest hair I've ever seen!

Amara
July 17th, 2009, 03:47 PM
It does look very silky, she must have been right! It's very pretty.

tommiefromva
July 17th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Really pretty and I love the texture.

Wicked Princess
July 18th, 2009, 02:36 AM
Oh, what beautiful texture and color you have!

A small trim once a year will probably help your ends stay nice, so don't feel too bad about losing a tiny amount of length. Just imagine how nice it will be when it's at your goal length!

(At which point, I hope you'll post pictures, because I'm sure it will be gorgeous!)

Rentlle
July 18th, 2009, 07:19 AM
beautiful hair :)
it seems realy healthy to me :D

jojo
July 18th, 2009, 06:54 PM
It does look very silky and a lovely colour too!

RancheroTheBee
July 18th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Ha-whoa. Your hair looks magnificent!

spidermom
July 18th, 2009, 11:06 PM
One more fan of your lovely, silky-looking, blonde hair.

Carolyn
July 19th, 2009, 06:47 AM
It looks lovely! I like to have fun with a heat styling a couple times a year too.