PDA

View Full Version : Shower time - anyone else do this?

Kristen_Marie
July 16th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Okay, so while I was showering this evening I let my head fall backwards all the way and noticed for the first time (don't ask how I haven't noticed before) how long my hair feels when my head is back. When lowered as far as I can physically reach and not hurt myself, the ends brush against the backs of my knees and the tops of my calves. I had a fantasy moment that my hair was really that long. Ah, I'm a little weird, yes. But still. I thought it was funny and wanted to know if anyone else was weird like me :p

Or, if anyone else has weird moments like that themselves?

:cheese:

SimplyViki
July 16th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Oh, LOL yup. I tilt my head back to make my hair seem tailbone length in the mirror. :p

adiapalic
July 16th, 2009, 11:12 PM
I've done that! Also when swimming. Feels nice. :o

beehives
July 16th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Probably daily, haha. A girl can dream!

LittleOrca
July 16th, 2009, 11:14 PM
I so do this when my hair is wet in the shower and I know exactly what you mean. :)

Kristen_Marie
July 16th, 2009, 11:28 PM
I'm so glad I'm not the only one :p

Dreaming is the beginning of all realities!

ericthegreat
July 16th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Oh yeah, Every night in the shower when I'm COing, I'll tilt my head and neck back and my hair will completely cover my butt and hit my knees! When I get my hair wet, it gets pretty damn close to classic length!

nowxisxforever
July 17th, 2009, 12:01 AM
I always did that as a teenager! I would tip my head back and imagine it mid-back length, or waist-length... I was thrilled silly when my hair got to each of these old fantasy lengths.

Ndnlady
July 17th, 2009, 12:19 AM
Yes, I do this, glad I'm not the only one!;)

Coriander
July 17th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Another one here who does this! :waving:

Mine reaches classic when I tilt my head back. :D

Quixii
July 17th, 2009, 01:46 AM
I've done that. :D If I tilt my head back when it's dry/damp, my hair is classic length. That makes me happy. =)

Charlotte
July 17th, 2009, 03:02 AM
Yes, I do this too in the shower, and I also tilt my head back and look in the mirror. :o For me it then seems to reach my dream of tailbone length... :)

Rentlle
July 17th, 2009, 03:38 AM
I do that too!!
I reach my hips, and that's my goal lenght, so it feels realy good XD

bttrfly857
July 17th, 2009, 04:34 AM
Me too! I'm getting really close to waist if I do this in the shower lol. (Otherwise I'm just past APL)

PhillyGirl1978@
July 17th, 2009, 04:58 AM
It's so funny...I don;t know if anyone else would understand this!lol Mine doesn't reach knee but I can make it reach almost hip. Even when I'm laying in bed reading....I lay on my stomach and my hair is down so I feel it all the way down my back. It's glorious!!

Gothic Lolita
July 17th, 2009, 05:35 AM
you're no weirdo at all, I think i do this daily! go cheat myself again!

Sheltie_Momma
July 17th, 2009, 07:31 AM
If I get into the corner of the shower I can see my back in the mirror over the sink, lean my head waaaay back and see how my hair looks at waist. Last time I leaned too far and bonked my head on the wall and felt like a total dork.

Copasetic
July 17th, 2009, 07:39 AM
I do this multiple times a day. When I am in the shower I can get a sense of what my hair will feel like when it is waist length. :D

ZadenWillowfyre
July 17th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Yup...guilty of this myself.

redneckprincess
July 17th, 2009, 07:43 AM
I do that all the time even not in the shower,... but sadly my hair only brushes BSL when I tilt my head back...some day...someday

young&reckless
July 17th, 2009, 09:14 AM
ha ha, um butt floss? This is why I worry about growing longer them waist length.

Eireann
July 17th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Sometimes I look in the mirror and tilt my head back so my hair hits tailbone length. :) Also, when it's pulled to the front, I tilt my head to the side so it looks longer.

HappyHair87
July 17th, 2009, 09:58 AM
LOL!! I do this everytime i wash!!! Mine now reaches Full Hiplength!!! WOW!!!! Yes....that is an achievement....even if it IS only for makebelieve! :)

GoddesJourney
July 17th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Yeah, I think we all do the fantasy moment with the hair thing. I do it almost every time I get in the shower. My SO likes it. He always watches me play with my imaginary longer hair.

Vrushali
July 17th, 2009, 10:36 AM
LOL I do that everytime I comb my hair too! I tilt my head back and sigh!:D

Wicked Princess
July 17th, 2009, 08:46 PM
I don't just do this in the shower! I'm guilty of doing this every morning after I've combed my hair and am about to put it in a protective bun for the day! If I tilt just my head back as far as I can (without a terrible freak injury following), my hair reaches the top half of my thighs. I can't wait until my hair is this long, for real!

...at which point I'll likely go back to playing dress up and wearing flower crowns *cough*

jlpearce
July 17th, 2009, 09:39 PM
I do this whenever I'm wearing a shirt that leaves my shoulders free. It's nothing compared to you ladies, but if I put my head all the way back it's down my neck and about an inch on my back! *Grow, hair, grow!*

Kristen_Marie
August 4th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Yay!! We are all so rocking with our long hair fantasy-ness. This makes me feel better about this little quirk :D

Heavenly Locks
August 4th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Me me me!! When I do this I am at solid hip length. That's about a year away for me...fun to see into the future LOL

Nyghtingale
August 4th, 2009, 10:02 PM
yep, me too.

pradabacon
August 4th, 2009, 10:46 PM
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll23/hootietoot/shocked.gif NO!!! You are all complete weirdos!!!

Okay, okay...I do it, too. http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll23/hootietoot/lol.gif

Laylah
August 4th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Yes, yes! I do this every shower, I'm almostttt at classic when I lean back. Please hair grow faster....please?:pray:

EdG
August 4th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Okay, so while I was showering this evening I let my head fall backwards all the way and noticed for the first time (don't ask how I haven't noticed before) how long my hair feels when my head is back. When lowered as far as I can physically reach and not hurt myself, the ends brush against the backs of my knees and the tops of my calves. I had a fantasy moment that my hair was really that long. Ah, I'm a little weird, yes. But still. I thought it was funny and wanted to know if anyone else was weird like me :p

:cheese:I first noticed that my ends would brush my calves while in the shower. It was a strange revelation at first.

I've since grown used to my ends brushing my calves. :)
Ed

freckles
August 5th, 2009, 02:44 AM
yup, mine hits waist if I tilt, it feels great to rest it there! :)

Feenzauber
August 5th, 2009, 03:06 AM
I really feel weird now, because I never do this.
Maybe I should try? You made me curious...

Stephichan
August 5th, 2009, 03:15 AM
Haha, I do this in the shower, when I comb my hair, and whenever I get curious about what it'll look like when my hair is longer. I usually stop tilting once I get to BSL or waist-length but maybe later I'll see how long I can make it look like :p

toodramatik
August 5th, 2009, 03:47 AM
My head would reach the gruond behind my feet if I did this and tried to feel my hair XD

Poetic
August 5th, 2009, 06:23 AM
I loved to do this when my hair was all one length.:)Now that it is not I am afraid that my hair would tangle.:shrug:

JamieRose
August 5th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Guilty.
I should really stop doing it, though. Gets my hopes up every time.

Tyrinaniel
August 5th, 2009, 08:48 AM
I really feel weird now, because I never do this.
Maybe I should try? You made me curious...
Once you start, you'll never stop! LOL!

Lady Godiva
August 5th, 2009, 09:24 AM

I don't tip my head in the shower because my hair would drift down the drain. :face:

I very rarely wear my hair down anywhere because it's in updos 99% of the time. The other day when Hubs detangled my hair for me, he lifted it a little and let it swing back against my legs. It felt so soft and cool brushing against my calves and ankles. I really wish I could wear my hair down sometimes!

Recently we attended an outdoor classical performance. Seated on the grassy hill, I pulled my legs up close to me and let my hair cascade down one side of me on the lawn. Some little girls passed by staring and whispering. That's fun, too.

I've also had photos taken of me where I lied down on my belly with my head resting on my arms near the top of some stairs. I let my hair fall forward down the stairs in front of me, one tread at a time. Doing things like this is simple fun.

JamieLeigh
August 5th, 2009, 09:31 AM
I do this too. LOL. It's fun to dream my hair is already at knee length. *sigh* :D

Irishred
August 5th, 2009, 09:35 AM
I've done that, usually when combing my hair though. Like at night when getting ready for bed. Feel neat tickling my knees. If I do that in the shower, my length almost always ends up somewhere on my body that I would prefer it did not.

RedStripe
August 5th, 2009, 10:01 AM
I actually haven't done this for ages (but now watch me start ...), but when I was a little kid I used to do it all the time -- I would tilt my head back and let my hair sweep down my back as far as it would go and imagine it was really that long, and then let it swish back and forth.

Bunnyhare
August 5th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Nope, not me, i never do wierd things...HA! Yes...

Kristen_Marie
October 17th, 2011, 05:01 PM
I love how weird we all are ^_^

MaryRose
October 17th, 2011, 05:33 PM
I do this every time I wash my hair. My hair curls when it is dry and it is nice to feel the length on my back.

MissManda
October 17th, 2011, 05:37 PM
I do this. For me, it is a pretty decent estimate of where my hair will be in several months provided I don't trim.

ArienEllariel
October 17th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Yes. I love the feeling of my hair on my lower back when I lean back in the shower. My all time favorite feeling is me *cough* (in the nude) with just my dry hair and nothing else. :o Am I the only weird one who likes that feeling of hair brushing your back? I usually wear t-shirts so I rarely experience the feeling.

Kindredraeven
October 17th, 2011, 05:47 PM
I do this every time I shower, I thought I was the only one ;)

halizabeth
October 17th, 2011, 05:49 PM
never did it, but next time I wash I'm gonna try... hope I don't fall over, lol

Cirafly24
October 17th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Haha, I do this all the time! If I tip my head all the way back without bending my body backward, my hair brushes mid-thigh :D At this time last year, it brushed classic...and I'm just 1" shy of classic now. It's exciting to think that I could be at mid-thigh in a year.

bluesnowflake
October 17th, 2011, 06:01 PM
I do that in the shower, too! My hair is hip now but I tilt back to see what classic feels like. I'm only aiming for TB, though.

Clem_Dela
October 17th, 2011, 06:01 PM
I totally do this! I can hit about BCL :-)

RedDevil
October 17th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Omg lol I do this all the time. Even when my hair is dry I stretch back to pretend its much longer than it really is :).

blondie9912
October 17th, 2011, 06:38 PM
I do this ALL the time! I'm quite flexible so I can make my APL hair reach tailbone doing this :D

I also tilt my head back while checking out the back of my hair in a mirror...and feel very short-haired indeed when I lift my head up again

neon-dream
October 17th, 2011, 06:39 PM
I also do this!! I can make my hair reach tailbone when I do :)

supercupcakexx
October 17th, 2011, 07:06 PM
I do too. Haha ^_^

jujube
October 17th, 2011, 07:08 PM
I do that! But I can only reach APL. Not quite impressive.

Shermie Girl
October 17th, 2011, 07:13 PM

:cheese:

Heh heh. All the time. I can tip to hip length... close to tailbone, now. :D

VikingVampChick
October 17th, 2011, 07:31 PM
At SL now, can reach APL if I do it. Can't wait to actually get there - the itchiness when my hair hits my neck sometimes is really irritating! :)

Vanilla
October 17th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Lol, I do this every time I'm in the shower. Every time.

ssjhotau2
October 17th, 2011, 07:50 PM
I do this all the time- I love to see what tailbone length would look like on me :p

Bellona
October 17th, 2011, 07:50 PM
I do this! I like to pretend my hair is really past waist length :)

Grillz
October 17th, 2011, 07:53 PM
lol.. I think you struck a chord with a lot of us.

gypsymoth
October 17th, 2011, 08:28 PM
I've done that! Also when swimming. Feels nice. :o

Yes, this! I love to swish my head back and forth in the lake at my cottage, it makes it seem so much longer...And it just feels really good, too. :p

ya-ya C
October 18th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Me too! I make my waist length into almost classic... can't wait till I'm actually there!

sisi33
October 18th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Every single time I take a shower! And when I take baths, I swirl it around- like it's rrrrreeeeeaaaally long!