PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever gone to the grocery and had ...

Hairth&Home
July 16th, 2009, 06:44 PM
... some nice lady ask you how you did your hair "like that"?

I received my first ever hair compliment from a stranger today. I'm wearing my hair in a gibson tuck with a pretty floral barrette. She said she loved my hair, loved the style and asked how I did it.

I told her about LHC. :inlove:

Coriander
July 16th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Congratulations on your compliment! Isn't it a great feeling to have others admiring a style, or admiring the end results of great care? :)

swanns
July 16th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Congrats! People who actually come up to you and compliment you are just wonderful aren't they? :) I'm sure it was well deserved as well!

adiapalic
July 16th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Congratulations. hehe :D

coolbreeze212
July 16th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Yay for the compliment! I love the feminine, old-fashioned look of the Gibson tuck....one of my absolute faves.

Toothe
July 16th, 2009, 09:51 PM
I had that happen on an airplane! I was wearing a flipped bun held with my Baerreis fork. The lady said, "I'll have to try to find some wooden combs like that." :) I explained how to do the bun but I didn't have time to tell her where to get a fork.

Tressie
July 16th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Congratulations! A very nice compliiment! (o:

nowxisxforever
July 17th, 2009, 12:32 AM
Grats on the compliment!!

I do that to others sometimes, especially cashiers in the area since there are so many long-haired women working as cashiers in the area, and it's polite to chatter. I'll ask what they're holding their hair up with, how they did a unique hairstyle... usually they take their hair down and show me really quick, and I'll compliment their hair (as it's inevitably GORGEOUS) and sometimes show them how long mine is or take mine down briefly as well.

Roseate
July 17th, 2009, 01:09 AM
I get more compliments in the grocery line than anywhere else- it's kind of funny, but I guess it's because we're all just waiting in line, and people start to check each other out.

Glad you got a nice hair-compliment!

Rentlle
July 17th, 2009, 03:43 AM
oh, that's so nice to have such a sweet comment on the hair :)
I love the gibson tuck. :)
it's a realy feminin hairstyle :)

bttrfly857
July 17th, 2009, 04:31 AM
Congrats!

I'm looking forward to this happening to me!

JamiG
July 17th, 2009, 09:37 AM
I have curls and waves, and I've had people ask me how I get it curly like that. And I ask other people all the time about styles they are wearing and how they do it.

Congratulations on the compliment!

Hairth&Home
July 17th, 2009, 05:04 PM
:cloud9: Aw gee ... thanks everybody! :grouphug:

I just love you guys! :happydance:
It's great to be a longhair ...

LadyEliza
July 17th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Your hair is beautiful from your sig picture, I can imagine how lovely it would look in a gibson!

I get a lot of questions about my french roll held up with one hairstick. When I'm out I ususally have to take it out and show how it's done several times, especially when I have a stall at the markets. No one believes how quick and easy it is until they see it - even then, some people don't believe that it would be as quick and easy for them!