PDA

View Full Version : Am I BSL yet? (First length shot!)

rogue_psyche
July 16th, 2009, 03:33 PM
I hope you don't mind if I add this to the many posts along this vein. The tips of my hair come to the top of my bra strap, but it is one of those 4 hook ones for plus size girls and BF says I wear mine low, so I'm wondering if this looks like BSL to people who spend a lot more time thinking about hair than BF.

It looks like I'm actually beginning to fairytale. At first I thought getting some fairytales would be easy, but my hair has been keeping its hem surprisingly well. And yay to the sun glare hiding how dark my roots are (for the most part).

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3510&pictureid=44799

rach
July 16th, 2009, 03:42 PM
looks like it and you have a lovely thick hem line may i add :D

Amara
July 16th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Looks BSLish! :)

Coriander
July 16th, 2009, 04:30 PM
I would say that if it's at your bra strap, then it's at your bra strap :D

Beautiful hair color and hemline!

JamieLeigh
July 16th, 2009, 04:36 PM
It looks nice and healthy and thick! Very gorgeous. I'd definitely say BSL, and you really can't tell much from this photo that there are any fairytale ends going on. Thanks for sharing, and congrats on hitting a milestone like BSL! :flower:

Fillette
July 16th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Looks BSL to me! :D Congrats! :flower:

thankyousir74
July 16th, 2009, 04:38 PM
BSL for sure! :cheer: :bunny: :bounce:

lacereza
July 16th, 2009, 04:43 PM

Fractalsofhair
July 16th, 2009, 04:51 PM
I'd say BSL. In terms of fairytaleing, hair grows at different rates and is often slower on the edges. I doubt it's starting to taper!

Garnet66
July 16th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Definately bsl and gorgeous too.

kam984420
July 16th, 2009, 05:02 PM
To alot of people, in order to be "Proper BSL" your hair needs to COMPLETELY COVER your bra strap. :(

zen_oven
July 16th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Definitely BSL! Very shiny and I love your color.

rogue_psyche
July 16th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Thanks for all the kind words everyone! It feels so good to get compliments from people with such lovely hair themselves.

I didn't think I had fairytales yet, but wouldn't mind too much if I did get them one day.

To alot of people, in order to be "Proper BSL" your hair needs to COMPLETELY COVER your bra strap. :(

My bra strap ends 2-3" from my natural waist, so I sure hope that's not true!

kirky
July 16th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Looks great! Nice hemline.

jojo
July 16th, 2009, 05:47 PM
BSL and beautiful!

Othala
July 16th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Totally BSL and most bodacious hair!

OhioLisa
July 16th, 2009, 05:57 PM
It's hard to tell if you are BSL for certain, due to the engle of the pic. But if not, you're pretty darn close. As to fairytale ends, I think your hemline is still pretty much blunt. Fairytales can take a while. ;)

Redheaded Raven
July 16th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Definitely BSL! Very pretty :D

Ryanne
July 16th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Looks like it, very thick too. Pretty.

coolbreeze212
July 16th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Looks to be BSL to me, and it's beautiful!! :agree:

julya
July 16th, 2009, 07:59 PM
I think it looks BSL, and very lovely too!

GlassEyes
July 16th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Looks bra-strap-length and pretty. :D

Tressie
July 16th, 2009, 10:52 PM
I wpuld say so! Lovely, thick and healthy too! (o:

Rentlle
July 17th, 2009, 03:55 AM
yes!
BSL, nice hair! :)

redneckprincess
July 17th, 2009, 07:56 AM
looks like it to me

Robinlyn
July 17th, 2009, 08:06 AM
BSL and so beautiful! Congrats to you!!

Sheltie_Momma
July 17th, 2009, 08:32 AM
You have really pretty hair. IMO length references are just a useful way of talking about length and guaging milestones, I'm not real militant about it for myself or on others. I say celebrate BSL and congrats!

My figure is not very curvy so I honestly don't know that I have a "waist" visually - you can be sure I will be dancing the happy dance when my hair gets to the part of my back that is opposite my belly button because that's the milestone I've set and decided to call waist.

Niphredil
July 17th, 2009, 08:36 AM
For me, BSL is a strange length. One day you are pondering whether you are there yet, then the other day you are clearly past it. And then this goes back and forth until almost at waist.

I personally don't really judge BSL on my bra-strap (although I usually wear the same model) but looking from the side and comparing with the 'crease' between chest and breast.

Your hair looks beautiful either way, BSL or not :) I don't see any fairytaling happening though, it looks like a nice and full hemline to me !

Aditi
July 17th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Its definitely BSL, congratulations :cheese:

yogachic
July 17th, 2009, 09:43 AM
BSL, Yeah!

Cherry_Sprinkle
July 17th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Looks BSL to me! and beautiful! :flowers:

rogue_psyche
July 17th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Thanks again for the compliments! I rarely get hair compliments except from BF so I'm so touched by your words.

Also thanks to anyone who comments after this post. I don't want to feel rude about not thanking you, but I also want to avoid bumping this thread over and over as there are threads much more helpful to the whole community that need the spotlight.

My figure is not very curvy so I honestly don't know that I have a "waist" visually - you can be sure I will be dancing the happy dance when my hair gets to the part of my back that is opposite my belly button because that's the milestone I've set and decided to call waist.

Judging from your avatar you actually look close to waist. It is hard to tell for sure because you're sitting, but you might not have as far to go as you think. A good way to find your waist is to tie an elastic snugly around your middle and then jump, wiggle and dance about a bit. The elastic will shift and settle at your natural waist eventually. Or you can use tape measurer and measure yourself at different parts and once you find the smallest measurement you have your natural waist. My navel is several inches below my natural waist.

jojo
July 19th, 2009, 06:37 PM
My bra strap ends 2-3" from my natural waist, so I sure hope that's not true!
Same here, yep deffinatelly BSL:D

maryann
July 19th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Very lovely hair.