PDA

View Full Version : When is your hair shiniest?

BlndeInDisguise
April 12th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Before you wash it, or after. My hair, by far and away is shiniest BEFORE I wash it. The ends, anyway. The top is just greasy, greasy, greasy. :rolleyes:

Faepirate
April 12th, 2008, 07:12 AM
It's hard to say, because it depends on what I've been using in my hair and how I'm washing it. At the moment, with CO, it's definitely shinier after I wash it. (But hey mostly it's shiniest on magical day 2... :p)

SHELIAANN1969
April 12th, 2008, 07:38 AM
My hair is its shiniest on day 3-4, (after washing) before it gets too darn greasy to live with.

Day 3 is usually the best, day 4 starts getting a bit much.

Aljona
April 12th, 2008, 07:42 AM
My hair is shiniest when it's clean, thats why I wash daily. Maybe it's because my hair doesn't like oils too much, except for coconut oil.

HollowHannah
April 12th, 2008, 08:02 AM
My hair is shiniest a few hours after washing but I do use cone conditioner.

Peggy E.
April 12th, 2008, 08:10 AM
It depends on what I've used on it, but more often than not, it's shiniest freshly washed. And also totally beyond my control when freshly washed! A nice shiney mess..... :o(

eadwine
April 12th, 2008, 10:57 AM
After, my hair goes dull as it gets greasier.

DiyaC
April 12th, 2008, 11:01 AM
I usually wash it twice a week, in the mornings. My hair is shiniest and most manageable the evening after a wash.

Neon Gloss
April 12th, 2008, 11:02 AM
My hair is at its shiniest when it has stringiness and grease to accompany the shine... And it's an unpleasant sight, so I just wash it away.

Shypii90
April 12th, 2008, 11:22 AM
I'm not quite sure...
Because right before washing my hair will be quite greasy, and right after washing the conditioner makes it quite shiny still.

But before washing it would be with residue from some products I may have used, and dust and stuff gets stuck in my hair. Not so great.

After washing it's all peachy clean and blinding with the flash.. lol.. When I air-dry indoors (It compresses a lot)

My hair is naturally curly so it's not so easy to tell if its shiny or not. Depends if I take a flash photo... or if the spotlight above the bathroom mirror is powerful enough to illuminate my hair well.

Roughly I think my hair's basically the same shininess at all times.. But I do get those REALLY dry matte days. :eek:

When it's shiny, it's soft. I think a better way to determine if it's shiny or not is how soft it is. Mostly after washing it's the softest.

embee
April 12th, 2008, 11:36 AM
As a WO in winter person, I can say my hair is shiny most of the time because I'm not removing all the natural oils, but it is shiniest before "washing". It is also more manageable before washing... even WO. After, it tends to have lots of fly-aways, and since my hair is stick straight, they're not pretty little curly things, but straight wisps sticking out every which-way. Not a good sight! ;)

jojo
April 12th, 2008, 11:39 AM
my hair is shinniest when i have just washed it, more so if i braid when damp and then undo the braids

Celebrian
April 12th, 2008, 11:55 AM
In my dreams...

peachy.pudding
April 12th, 2008, 11:56 AM
After, my hair shines so much after washing, thats why i love wash days

Newniepg
April 12th, 2008, 11:58 AM
After washing, hands down, and COing is making it shinier. It tends to go duller when it needs washing.

LifeisAdventure
April 12th, 2008, 12:36 PM
My hair, by far and away is shiniest BEFORE I wash it. The ends, anyway. The top is just greasy, greasy, greasy. :rolleyes:

Agreed! I hate having to suffer through greasies for shine. It's such an exercise in futility! :/

brok3nwings
April 12th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Before i wash it...because of the oil i put in, because of sleeping...i usually dont let my roots go greasy because i love to let my hair loose and because of that if i dont wash it it will loose all the volume (yes, i am a volume freak, i love volume hair!)

Riot Crrl
April 12th, 2008, 02:01 PM
As a relatively new hennahead (and longtime drugstore box head), I think that it is always pretty freakin' shiny, in comparison to what it once was.

Blu11
April 12th, 2008, 03:19 PM
I agree with Riot Crrl, it's super shiny every day compared to my chemical days (when I see some old pictures of my hair... eek):D

Shiniest? The morning after the wash.:)

AJoifulNoise
April 12th, 2008, 03:21 PM
After 1 shampoo/condition and 3 days CO.

Velvetine
April 13th, 2008, 05:51 AM
Mine is shiniest and softest the longer it takes to dry. I use the CWC technique and I find if I wash it at night and leave to dry over my pillow (with an old t-shirt thrown over the pillow to absorb dampness) my hair has the perfect level of dampness to put it up in a bun the next day. It finishes drying in the bun and my bun waves are 'set' until I wash it again.

Druid of Alba
April 13th, 2008, 06:49 AM
Mine is always the shiniest after I have washed it. The oil just gives it a dull, blunt look, where my hair shines when clean.