PDA

View Full Version : New again

JamiG
July 16th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Hi all,

I used to lurk here and post a little. It's been a couple of years. Cut my hair last year pretty short due to a bad layer cut and am growing out again. My hair is just past my shoulders, maybe a half inch. I've also made some changes in the last few months to my hair care. I use natural hair products and have given up the hair dryer and flat iron. I used to flat iron my hair everyday. So I just wanted to say hello again, and I love all the great hair advice that is given here.

CoalMinersDtr
July 16th, 2009, 09:23 AM
i have just learned about this site and how to effectively grow my hair after years of trying....with no length. i literally grew it for like 4 years and the bottom layer in the back would grow, but never the top layer or the sides/front. so i am now starting natural hair products, oiling and limiting the hairdryer and straightening.

coolbreeze212
July 16th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Welcome, JamiG! And welcome to you too, CoalMinersDtr!

There is definitely a wealth of knowledge here; I'm sure you will love LHC!

kdaniels8811
July 16th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Welcome! We love newbies...

ButterCup02
July 16th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Welcome! I'm pretty new too :) I found that ditching the flat iron has made such a huuuuge difference in my hair! This site is such a wealth of information!

LisaB234
July 16th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Finding the right care routine and limiting heat styling will surely help. Prowl around - I'm also new but have already found TONS of good info. Have fun experimenting and learning!

*Rose Red*
July 16th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Welcome to the world of long haired people :D