PDA

View Full Version : no cones but hair feels super conditioned! wierd!

templeofvenus
July 16th, 2009, 04:47 AM
I have gone sulfate free and cone free for a couple of days and my hair feels more conditioned less tangly etc! I actually expected the opposite to happen! trust me to be different lol. It feels very moisturised with more sheen in fact than with the cones I always used to apply! can someone enlighten me as to whay this has happened? its odd! has this happened to anyone else?

Mrs.X
July 16th, 2009, 06:18 AM
This happened to me too although I have no idea why. My only guess was that maybe i had a build up of cones on my hair which caused it to feel stringy and generally horrible, so getting rid of them made it feel more conditioned? I wonder if anyone else is more able to shed any light on this?

templeofvenus
July 16th, 2009, 06:30 AM
oh wow I am not the only one then! its an odd phenomenon!

pixiedoo
July 16th, 2009, 06:49 AM
I have been cone free for about a month now and my hair is super shiny, silky and soft. It also has far more body and bounce and my natural wave is more defined. I expected my hair to complain somewhat after years of cone abuse and go into withdrawal but it surprised me and sprang into life :)I guess all those nasty cones had just been weighing it down for years and making it dull and unhappy. I would never return to using cones!!!

GlassEyes
July 16th, 2009, 07:33 AM
Cones coat the hair, and often can lead to the opposite effect of shine, and cause dull hair. Depends on the cone. I'm not that surprised; my hair got shinier and more manageable almost instantly.