PDA

View Full Version : I definite sign I have to stop ironing my hair!!

SeaShell
July 15th, 2009, 07:11 PM
I cut down a lot on ironing my hair when I joined this wonderful site but I still straighten once or twice a week...but after burning my neck with the iron today I might re-think the whole straightening thing :confused:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/pearlznpink/Photo190.jpg

lyria
July 15th, 2009, 07:15 PM
:blueeek:OMG! I am so sorry that looks really painful! I guess the silver lining is that less ironing will be better for you hair and your neck!:flower:

may1em
July 15th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Ouch! That looks painful.

SeaShell
July 15th, 2009, 07:19 PM
it is painful!! and the worst part is it could be mistaken for a giant hickey, but my hair covers it if its down all the time! :/

may1em
July 15th, 2009, 07:25 PM
it is painful!! and the worst part is it could be mistaken for a giant hickey, but my hair covers it if its down all the time! :/

Or a vampire bite. You could totally play it up with some fake teeth and scare people.

I hear vampires are trendy lately.

ETA: It definitely doesn't look like a hickey. No human mouth could leave such nice, parallel lines.

coolbreeze212
July 15th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Ouch!! shudder:

I remember burning my forehead with a curling iron numerous times in years past....not fun, not fun.

tigerlily896
July 15th, 2009, 07:28 PM
aloe vera! Im so sorry that happened :(

I work with a lot of liquid nitrogen and I never burned myself with that, but when I used to flat iron, I always got plenty of ouchies! go figure lol.

lundmir
July 15th, 2009, 07:30 PM
I had that happen to me once, but with a curling iron, and on my cheek. I feel your pain...

Laurel32
July 15th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Ouch! I hope that your burn heals fast. On the first day of school (this is when I straightened my hair daily ) I set my iron down on the ground, I didn't look where I was stepping and stepped on the iron plate!

yogachic
July 15th, 2009, 07:40 PM
That's a nasty burn there. Ouch. I think your flat iron is telling you something.

AnneAdeline
July 15th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Ow, that must hurt! I used to burn myself all the time when trying to straighten.
This will be better for your hair in the long run.

masterofmidgets
July 15th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Ouch, that looks painful. I hope it heals fast.

I never used flat irons or curling irons even before I knew how bad they were for your hair because I was always terrified of getting burned. I guess I had a few close calls when I was little and my mom did it to me. :o

Pegasus Marsters
July 15th, 2009, 08:14 PM
OUCH! There's a lesson to be learned from this... don't try to flat iron your skin, it doesn't go well. :silly:

Honestwitness
July 15th, 2009, 08:14 PM
I've had burns like that, too. I usually pierce a vitamin E capsule, squeeze out a little oil and gently apply that to the burned area. It helps me heal faster.

bahannas
July 15th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Oh that's terrible! I've done that quite a few times, mainly to my ears. :(

Nyghtingale
July 15th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Oh My! Ouch. :agape:

camirra555
July 15th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Ow! That sucks! At least you can cover it with your hair til it heals

Fractalsofhair
July 15th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Ouch! Well, if it can do that to living, healthy skin, think about what it does to hair to discourage you from using your flat iron!

Charlotte
July 15th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Oh my goodness!! :blueeek: That looks very painful. I've burned my ears (and my poor daughters) in the past. No more tongs of any kind for us (we usually used the curling/crimping tongs) :flowers:

Myeka
July 15th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Aloe gel will help it too.

I used to do my hair sitting on my bedroom floor (I had a low mirror) and got distracted by a phone call. I laid back on my curling iron. How stupid is that? lol :rolleyes: I felt like a moron explaining to my then bf why I had a burn mark on my back...

Yours looks like it really, really hurts... I don't think mine was even that big... eek.

BroknRechord
July 15th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Ouchie ouch! Sending light your way for a quick heal.

viking_quest
July 15th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Ouch, that looks painful. It reminds me of the time my mother accidentally used the curling iron on my ear and didn't realize it. I'm still afraid to touch the thing.

Jemoiselle
July 15th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Oh no! I remember when I was in middle school, sigh, I dropped a huge barrel iron in my lap while wearing a short skirt. It left a huge welt like mark on my leg, and hurt for what seemed like forever! I completely feel your pain. May you heal quickly and teach that straightener a lesson it will never remember! I found it amusing that in the tread there are a ton of flat iron ads, hehe. Don't you love selective advertising?

RavennaNight
July 15th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Ouch! That looks painful!!!

Samara Morgan
July 16th, 2009, 02:02 AM
Ouchies! :( I'm sure no one will notice it :) I just hope it clears up for you soon as it looks sore :flower:)

Renbirde
July 16th, 2009, 03:03 AM
White vinegar, Vitamin E, and aloe are all good for burns.

Newniepg
July 16th, 2009, 03:40 AM
Ouch! You poor thing, I hope it heals quickly for you. :) I

Monsterkitti
July 16th, 2009, 03:43 AM
Oooh ouch! Ive done that before and it sucks, hope it heals up quick! :)

swanns
July 16th, 2009, 03:50 AM

Anyone who could make a hickey look like that is pretty skillful though :D

Seriously though, ouch, that looks really painful. I hope it doesn't hurt anymore!

Flynn
July 16th, 2009, 03:52 AM
OUCH! I'm so sorry to hear this happened! It's a pretty graphic illustration of the problem with flat-ironing, though: if brief contact with your neck did that to your skin, what must extended contact be doing to your hair?!

Aloe vera gel is pretty good for burns, and vitamin E and Emu oil are both great for getting rid of the last vestiges of marks or scars once it's mostly healed.

SeaShell
July 16th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Oh no! I remember when I was in middle school, sigh, I dropped a huge barrel iron in my lap while wearing a short skirt. It left a huge welt like mark on my leg, and hurt for what seemed like forever! I completely feel your pain. May you heal quickly and teach that straightener a lesson it will never remember! I found it amusing that in the tread there are a ton of flat iron ads, hehe. Don't you love selective advertising?

yeah I noticed that when I posted the thread...how ironic!:rolleyes: