PDA

View Full Version : Dutch Braid

bttrfly857
July 15th, 2009, 06:08 PM
No point to this really, just wanted to share.

I think I'm finally getting the hang of this! My hair is fine and has lots of layers, so it's not perfect, but here it is (hopefully):

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2780&pictureid=44714

Sorry it's so big!

Any tips on the braiding? I especially have trouble with my scalp showing through.

Longlocks3
July 15th, 2009, 06:15 PM
That looks so good! And it's how I have my hair right at the moment. It even got a compliment from the cashier at Best Buy! The simplest looks will get the most compliments it seems....

I find I need to brush/comb through my hair very well to smooth things out when I braid and to make sure my scalp doesn't show through.

Also it looks like when you add hair you are bringing the hair in and down, sort of? When I add hair during braiding I bring up the hair.

patience
July 15th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Nice job! :thumbsup:

I love dutch braids. No tips for the scalp issue, I have the same problem.

Addy
July 15th, 2009, 06:25 PM
I get that baldy scalp thing too at times and I just take a fine tooth comb and comb it toward the braid on each side. It fixes it just about every time. :)

Coriander
July 15th, 2009, 06:32 PM
That looks great!

The Dutch braid is one of my favorites (as you can see in my siggy pic). I still can't do a French braid, so this does the trick for me :)

rags
July 15th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Gorgeous braid! I can't do a dutch to save my life, but I get the scalp thing on French braids. I tidy up with a fine tooth comb after. I think it's just a hazard of fine hair!

spidermom
July 15th, 2009, 07:16 PM
I get that baldy scalp thing too at times and I just take a fine tooth comb and comb it toward the braid on each side. It fixes it just about every time. :)

I do this same thing; works great!

coolbreeze212
July 15th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Very pretty! I just can't get the hang of a dutch braid yet, my fingers only want to do french so far.

AnneAdeline
July 15th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Pretty! Layers are difficult to deal with when french/dutch braiding, and you've managed well. :)
When my hair is a tad on the greasy side, my scalp tends to show through more. I've also had luck with using a comb.

bttrfly857
July 16th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Thanks for the tips! I've tried fixing it with my BB brush, but that didn't quite work well. I'll try a fine tooth comb next time!

I prefer dutch braids to french braids, I'm not sure if I do dutch braids better, or just prefer the way they look. I think it could be because they're not as common.