View Full Version : Hey Everyone! Check out the Reviews Section!

Stephanie
March 9th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Mod note - 22 June, 2015: Unfortunately this is an old thread with a bit of outdated information. The Reviews section as it used to exist is no longer in place. Due to a crash and an update of forum software, it has been taken offline.

We're starting quite a collection already! Whoohoo!

The Long Hair Community Product Reviews Board (http://reviews.longhaircommunity.com/index.php)

Thanks guys!

Oh, and let's see what we can do about getting that articles section (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php) hoppin', too! :)

capelli lunghi
March 9th, 2008, 12:51 PM
It says I don't have access to post an article. I was going to post a hair style tutorial. Just letting you know! Thanks!

happylynngilmer
March 9th, 2008, 02:09 PM
I've reviewed all I can today. I'll be able to get alot more up tmw at work :}

Tristessa
March 9th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Cool! Thank you so much for all the work you have done for all of us, Stephanie. LHC is great and I'm so grateful. I'm going to go check out these new features.

Stagecoach
March 10th, 2008, 06:12 AM
I tried to post a review but I can't figure out how to. :(

Delila
March 10th, 2008, 08:05 AM

So far, all I've figured out is that you start by clicking the 'Upload Products' link on the upper right of the screen. Can you see that link?

It's in the gray bar with ' My Products · Watch List' on the left, 'Home · Search · Member List · Profile · Upload Products ' on the right .

HTH!!

awesometruffle
March 10th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Is there a link to the review page other than in the first post of this thread? Probably, I'm just blind ... I think it took me 20 minutes to figure out where I could edit my profile ...:blushing:

Delila
March 10th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Is there a link to the review page other than in the first post of this thread? Probably, I'm just blind ... I think it took me 20 minutes to figure out where I could edit my profile ...:blushing:

If you look at the top of every page, there's a gray bar with all this on it:
'User CP All Albums Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Articles Reviews New Posts Search Quick Links Log Out'

Right in the middle, is Reviews. Click that, and there you are.

(I hear ya on the bells and whistles, I'm still fumbling, even for things I thought I'd learned how to do already.)

awesometruffle
March 10th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Thanks! I knew I was missing something really obvious!

florenonite
March 10th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Ooh, the articles section has CATEGORIES now, so it won't take half an hour to find that hairstick tutorial like it did last time (though I now know how to use hairsticks).

Thank you very much Stephanie!

LovelyGoddess
October 18th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Yay! This is how I found the LHC and I'm super excited that it is going to be expanded!!;)

shadowclaw
April 21st, 2010, 01:32 PM
I was just posting two reviews for a new shampoo and conditioner that I tried and LOVED, when I noticed that someone decided to upload 49 products without even bothering to check if they were already there. They also didn't bother adding images to the listings and only actually reviewed 4 or 5 of the items they uploaded.

It really annoys me that he/she did that, especially since search results are now cluttered with extra copies of products. It seems like the person was more interested in being the "top contributor" on the main page of the reviews section than actually posting relevant reviews.

So to anyone who posts reviews in the future: Please check to see if the product you want to review is already uploaded, and if you do upload a new product, please review it! There's no sense in uploading a new product that you haven't tried!

Flaxen
April 22nd, 2010, 04:37 PM
Always good advice to check if a product is already there. Thanks, shadowclaw.

Due to extenuating circumstances, some products were delayed in having their reviews added. Everything has been tidied up now. :smile:

cameronscurls
April 28th, 2011, 09:43 AM
ah, this is useful! thanks stephanie!!! :D

Mel'mel
October 11th, 2011, 05:50 PM

I'm sorry I can't help,
but must comment that your hair is wonderful!!
Greeen with envy^__^

onthehorizon
March 25th, 2015, 10:01 PM
I'm getting an error message with the reviews link...

lapushka
March 26th, 2015, 03:19 PM
I get an error message "server not found" as well.

Gumball
March 26th, 2015, 05:58 PM
That's actually why it was removed from site navigation. :) It went away when we migrated and upgraded the software after the last big crash. Unfortunately this thread is old and a bit outdated.

lapushka
March 27th, 2015, 09:47 AM
I had looked at the first post's date - just not the year. :lol:

Gumball
March 27th, 2015, 09:53 PM
Mulligan! :D

lapushka
March 28th, 2015, 07:37 AM
Kind of hard when the damage has already been done. :D ;)

Waterlilly21
May 9th, 2015, 05:32 PM
The review link doesn't work for me. I'll have to find it by looking for it

cascadinggems
June 21st, 2015, 07:40 PM
When I clicked the reviews link, my computer told me that it was a virus of some kind...be careful with that one...

Gumball
June 22nd, 2015, 09:24 PM
When I clicked the reviews link, my computer told me that it was a virus of some kind...be careful with that one...

The section no longer exists. Unfortunately this is an older thread with outdated information. :)

(If anyone is curious, when I visit the link I get an error as that address is invalid and leads nowhere.)