PDA

View Full Version : Itchy Scalp during rainy season ?

Payal80
July 15th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Anyone here got an Itchy scalp due to the rain water.
No matter which shampoo I tried I cannot seem to get rid of this problem. help anyone ? is it happening because of pollution or some infection ?
help would be much appreciated.:confused:

mira-chan
July 15th, 2009, 12:01 PM
I get an itchy scalp from rain water and also misting. I'm not quite sure why that is. i would guess it somehow messes with the pH balance (acidity) of the scalp. Oiling the scalp with a calming oil tends to help me.

MsBubbles
July 15th, 2009, 12:18 PM
My scalp hates rainwater too but my whole life I've not found anything to counteract it other than a hat.

Payal80
July 16th, 2009, 05:49 AM
I get an itchy scalp from rain water and also misting. I'm not quite sure why that is. i would guess it somehow messes with the pH balance (acidity) of the scalp. Oiling the scalp with a calming oil tends to help me.

I tried using the oil but no use, how to check PH balance of the scalp ?. which oil you tried. currently I am avoiding Shampoo as I think it is making matters worse for me.

mira-chan
July 16th, 2009, 08:56 AM
I tried using the oil but no use, how to check PH balance of the scalp ?. which oil you tried. currently I am avoiding Shampoo as I think it is making matters worse for me.
I use Coconut (sometimes mixed with castor) or sesame with essential oils. Both help with this. I try to avoid shampoo and use herbs instead. Amla is acidic and will help balance the pH. Vinegar rinse would help as well.

It's a bit hard to check scalp pH but you can check the water pH. Human scalp pH is about 5.5. :flower:

Payal80
July 17th, 2009, 02:26 AM
I use Coconut (sometimes mixed with castor) or sesame with essential oils. Both help with this. I try to avoid shampoo and use herbs instead. Amla is acidic and will help balance the pH. Vinegar rinse would help as well.

It's a bit hard to check scalp pH but you can check the water pH. Human scalp pH is about 5.5. :flower:

Thanks for your information. much appreciated.

I hope it helps will try and get back to this thread.