PDA

View Full Version : First day of sulfate free shampoo and no cones conditioner

templeofvenus
July 15th, 2009, 06:18 AM
My hair seems fine so far! does it take time to re-adjust, am I going to notice a negative effect in a fe days lol or maybe this suits my hair better. The sulfate free shampoo made my hair feel great after washing it, there was no rough feeling before applying the conditioner like I got when I used sulfate shampoos.

Fencai
July 15th, 2009, 06:23 AM
it'll all depend!
I tried sulfate free, and it worked for a bit, but my hair didnt really like it. I ended up finding that I needed to wash more often, and my hair looked lank, and I had to clarify more often.

templeofvenus
July 15th, 2009, 06:27 AM
I will just have to see how it goes, I am a daily washer anyway as I have naturally greasy hair so I will try it for a while and see what the result is! I love the cone free conditioner though I was expecting it to be awful lol

LutraLutra
July 15th, 2009, 06:31 AM
Hope it goes well for you. I'm also sulphate and cone free and my hair has never looked better. :)

MandaMom2Three
July 15th, 2009, 06:40 AM
There was definitely a "transition period" for me, I just wore my hair up a lot :p . But I stuck it out and now for the first time my hair is SOFT and silky all the way to the ends. I have slightly more frizz than I did with cones, but I am MORE than happy to work with that when it means my hair is so soft! It feels like a little kid's hair! I NEVER thought my hair could be this soft again :D

Bunnyhare
July 15th, 2009, 06:43 AM
i recently switched too and my hair seems very happy! i did notice some damage when i switched that the cones were evidently hiding well..but a little oil on my ends and it's good!Good luck!

sweet*things
July 15th, 2009, 06:56 AM
I've been doing it for about a week and after the first wash everything seems pretty normal. The first wash lifted a ton of sebum off my scalp and put it all over my hair (gross, the hair on my crown was waxy and stiff), but the second wash got rid of that problem. My hair is very soft now, but not quite as shiney as it is with cones.

I did notice more damage after the first wash. I already knew my hair was damaged, but suddenly the splits were visible. Helped me know where to trim and now my hair feels so much better.

templeofvenus
July 15th, 2009, 07:28 AM
I just hope there isn't a ton of damage waiting to be revealed lol its actually better today than it was with the cones, it seems to have a bit more body. I hope it stays this way I would love to be sulfate and paraben and cone free!

inertia
July 15th, 2009, 09:39 AM
I switched about a week ago and so far my hair seems to LOVE it. I was shocked. I thought there was going to be an adjustment period but right from the very first wash my hair seemed happy. My hair is softer and shinier, and I haven't seen any hidden damage. It looks so much better that I've been leaving it straight and loose, which I normally can't do during the summer because of frizz/dryness.

It does look like I'll need to wash daily, which is annoying, but I guess it's okay because trying to stretch washes wasn't working anyway.

kdaniels8811
July 15th, 2009, 09:53 AM
It took my oily hair about a month or six weeks to adjust, but now I only need to wash every three or four days. It used to be daily. So good luck and give yourself some time.

templeofvenus
July 15th, 2009, 09:53 AM
I switched about a week ago and so far my hair seems to LOVE it. I was shocked. I thought there was going to be an adjustment period but right from the very first wash my hair seemed happy. My hair is softer and shinier, and I haven't seen any hidden damage. It looks so much better that I've been leaving it straight and loose, which I normally can't do during the summer because of frizz/dryness.

It does look like I'll need to wash daily, which is annoying, but I guess it's okay because trying to stretch washes wasn't working anyway.

like you my hair seems to love it already! I wash my hair daily too so it won't matter if I need to do that, I just hope my hair will get as long as yours and look as lovely!

MunchkinBubble
July 15th, 2009, 10:05 AM
What took some adjusting for me was getting used to my hair looking more natural and less plastic. If you miss the shine I suggest ACV rinses (this also helps with tangles which also can occur without the silicones). I also reccomend Aloe vera gel if you get any frizzies - just glide your hands over your canopy with a light layer of the AVG and it smooths it out pretty well.

Good luck!