PDA

View Full Version : How long is my hair? o,o

Quixii
July 14th, 2009, 04:12 PM
So the other day, as I was brushing my hair out before a shower, I thought it felt.. unusually thick and long. I don't know why. But I started wondering if it was actually tail bone length, and not the hip length I thought it was. I realize I don't actually know where "tail bone length" is. ^^;
Pics: (Hehe, sorry, I'm in my pajamas. :))
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/young_artist/DSCN5857.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/young_artist/DSCN5851.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/young_artist/DSCN5879-1.jpg
What do you think? ^^;; First two are wet/damp, last one is dry.

Also, if it matters, I have my length measurement recorded from around the end of my part, not the start of my hair line (does that make sense?). I feel that measuring the length of my head in addition to my hair length is cheating. ^^;

Also, I was thinking about it, and I realized I've never seen someone with really long curly hair. I mean, like knee length curly hair. Is it just impossible to have hair that maintains its curls when it gets that long, or have I just not seen it?

Coriander
July 14th, 2009, 04:19 PM
:thud:worthy hair. It's sooo beautiful. I love your curls!

There are several definitions of tailbone on this forum... essentially, it can be from the top of your, um, "vertical smile" all the way down to the tip of your tailbone (whereever that may be on you).

I called tailbone at vertical-smile length, personally. :D

I love your jammies!!!

mira-chan
July 14th, 2009, 04:19 PM
So the other day, as I was brushing my hair out before a shower, I thought it felt.. unusually thick and long. I don't know why. But I started wondering if it was actually tail bone length, and not the hip length I thought it was. I realize I don't actually know where "tail bone length" is. ^^;
Pics: (Hehe, sorry, I'm in my pajamas. :))

What do you think? ^^;; First two are wet/damp, last one is dry.

Also, I was thinking about it, and I realized I've never seen someone with really long curly hair. I mean, like knee length curly hair. Is it just impossible to have hair that maintains its curls when it gets that long, or have I just not seen it?
Yours looks tailbone to me. :)

Wonderlywroughte had knee length curly hair that looked curly, she has recently trimmed it back a bit though. Dulci also has very long hair, around classic/ thigh length last I remember.

GlassEyes
July 14th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Starr, Wonderlywroughte, Hongwein (I'm sorry, I know I totally screwed that spelling up), mitabird and some others have really long, curly hair.

Oh, and yes, it does look tailbone.

Shadow Walker
July 14th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Looks tailbone to me too, and it's very beautiful!

Quixii
July 14th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Thanks everyone! <3

@Coriander - Ooo, thud worthy? That's new! Thanks a lot! :gabigrin:
I'm not quite sure what "vertical length smile" is. D: I think I can guess, though.

@Mira-chan - Yay! =D
Aw, those members don't seem to have pictures up/accessable. :(

@GlassEyes - Oo, they do have pretty curls. Still jealous of yours, though. ;)

@Shadow Walker - Yay, thanks!

I guess I can celebrate being tailbone length now! :D

Charlotte
July 14th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Definately tailbone! Congratulations. :)

redneckprincess
July 14th, 2009, 04:54 PM
beautiful hair I think its hip

noelgirl
July 14th, 2009, 04:56 PM
I'd consider that to be tailbone. And gorgeous!

free_hug
July 14th, 2009, 05:07 PM
I can't find my own tailbone, let alone others' :D

But your hair is... :agape: <can't find words>

Especially the third pic. I absolutely :agape:

AnneAdeline
July 14th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Yes, definitely tailbone. Congrats!!!
And may I add: :thudpile:

hennaphile
July 14th, 2009, 05:29 PM
TB going on classic?

Sorry I was distracted by its enchanting beauty, rather than measuring :thudpile:

Quixii
July 14th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Wow, you guys are too kind! Thanks so much everyone!

@free_hug - Wow, two jaw drops? I'm shock! Thanks so much! <33

@hennaphile - Is it really that long? I didn't think I was anywhere near classic! Maybe I totally misunderstood where tailbone was. o,o And thanks!

hennaphile
July 14th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Wow, you guys are too kind! Thanks so much everyone!

@free_hug - Wow, two jaw drops? I'm shock! Thanks so much! <33

@hennaphile - Is it really that long? I didn't think I was anywhere near classic! Maybe I totally misunderstood where tailbone was. o,o And thanks!

Just the facts, ma'am :cool:

Well it's wavey, so it could be longer than where the hemline is falling. Either way.... :cheese:

Do you have a flexible tape measure?

Myeka
July 14th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Your hair is breath-takingly lovely. :)

Laylah
July 14th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Very pretty, looks like TB length to me! I especially like your signature pic, the curls are lovely!

free hug - the tailbone is the lowest piece of your spine/vetebral column/backbone, which ends just before (as Coriander puts it) your "vertical smile".

fae
July 14th, 2009, 07:04 PM
I'd say tailbone.

And your hair is just gorgeous...

If you follow your spine all the way down and keep feeling till you find no more bone, that would be your tailbone.

It took me a while to realize mine was at that length as well. It kinda crept up on me.

Congratulations.

melrose1985
July 14th, 2009, 07:06 PM
somewhere between hip and tailbone?

looks very nice no matter where it is!

Gumball
July 14th, 2009, 07:12 PM
It sure looks tailbone to me! I love those curls, too.

adiapalic
July 14th, 2009, 07:14 PM
It makes me happy to see such beautiful curls. :D Especially when someone doesn't fight them off for straight hair! You have a beautiful color going with those curls too :)

Definitely tailbone!

coolbreeze212
July 14th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Quixii...Your hair is amazing!! :cheer:

And, may I add that it's so nice to see someone of your age group take such wonderful care of their hair.....most kids around my area (of your age) trash their hair everyday with flatirons...I see it so often.

Roseate
July 14th, 2009, 09:21 PM
:hifive: looks awesome! I can't help with the length; everything between "waist" and "classic" is kind of vague to me. But it looks great!

The reason people measure from the hairline isn't really to add more length, it's because your hairline is always in the same place, but your part can move. Personally, I don't measure at all; it stresses me out.;)

camirra555
July 14th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Beautiful pics! Congrats on reaching TB

HappyHair87
July 14th, 2009, 10:06 PM
You look TBL to me bc you are past ur hipbones!!!:cheese:

BEAUTIFUL hair...and you pjs are adorabe!!:D

Ndnlady
July 14th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Yep I would call that tailbone as well! Beautiful curls by the way!:)

nature-head
July 14th, 2009, 10:14 PM
I would call that tailbone. But I'm no expert. Beautiful hair!

Rentlle
July 15th, 2009, 05:15 AM
I would say taillebone
gosh, your hair IS beautiful :o

Ryanne
July 15th, 2009, 05:52 AM
I'd say your hair's tailbone too. And it is beautiful, really, wow!

ZadenWillowfyre
July 15th, 2009, 06:34 AM
Very very gorgous! I'd say tail bone as well. I wish I had curl like yours...then I'd be incredibly happy with my hair...

tommiefromva
July 15th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Beautifull beautifull beautifull

enfys
July 15th, 2009, 11:21 AM
I'd agree with all who said tailbone and lovely!

Congratulations!

Kiraela
July 15th, 2009, 11:49 AM
It definately looks like it's about TB length, to me. you have lovely hair.

windinherhair
July 15th, 2009, 02:12 PM
I hadn't really thought where tailbone would be on myself either, but it looks like I am about the same length as you too. So I vote for tailbone. :D Your hair is beautiful.

I know years ago I thought about getting a perm in my hair and I was told that the weight of my hair would pull it out. I don't know about natural curls though. I can still see your natural curl in your hair for as long as it is. I think it is really pretty so I hope you will keep it.

Amara
July 15th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Looks like tailbone to me, but I guess it depends on your own body shape.