PDA

View Full Version : Hair vulnerablities?

jera
July 14th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Though everyone's hair is unique and individual, have you noticed that there are specific times when your hair is more prone to damage? IE more vulnerable? :confused:

My hair is more prone to damage during at these times....

1). Trying to comb out if I wake with really bad bed head. :( I have to be very careful to comb gently from the bottom up if I wake with montser bed head, otherwise I'd tear out a ton. (My bed head issues have been much better though since I joined LHC and started lightly oiling nightly.

2). Combing out after shampooing or CO washes. Crikey. Sometimes it takes me twenty minutes to gently detangle all the snarls and that's with a detangler. :pumpkin:

3). Riding in a convertible with the top down. I've never found a solution to the tangled mess that becomes my hair when I ride in a convertible. Once, I enen put my jacket over my head to protect my hair from the wind velocity. :o Maybe I should take a motorcycle helmet with me when riding in convertibles in the future. :p

What about you?

thankyousir74
July 14th, 2009, 03:34 PM
I second the riding in a convertible. And that was riding back from the beach! (Terrible dry beach hair, ew)

I also find mine is more vulnerable after a shampoo. Other than that, not much else (maybe when chlorine seeps into my swim cap, but It's been a while since the last time I've gone swimming.

Kirin
July 14th, 2009, 03:38 PM
During you know what with the husband :agape:

jera
July 14th, 2009, 03:41 PM

Yup. Intimacy can lead to bed head issues. :p

Natalia
July 14th, 2009, 04:04 PM
My hair is pretty fragile i find i am most vunerable the morning after a wash when my hair has finally dried. Detanglignt hat is no fun and i get about the same amount of breakage if i try to braid it soaking wet, that just leads to more crown issues anyway.

Also about 5 - 7 days post wash when my nape hair starts getting icky sticky. I used toput oil on but these days oils on my scalp isnt doing me any favors :(.

Wind whipping never bothers it much, though i never do it in a convertable just a few moments loose in the breeze :)

thankyousir74
July 14th, 2009, 04:06 PM

AHAHAHA I second this too, it can get pretty bad. Makes me feel like doing some sort of treatment afterward :(

Natalia
July 14th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Man havent done that in a looong time :( i miss that kind of bed head....Its worth the tangles :D :eyebrows:

sweet*things
July 14th, 2009, 04:33 PM
I also can't stand to be in a car with the windows/top down. Even with my hair in a bun, it still makes me insane.

In general, my hair is easy to detangle when very wet, or completely dry. Half dry is impossible to run a comb through.

Dementia1013
July 14th, 2009, 04:41 PM
I also can't stand to be in a car with the windows/top down. Even with my hair in a bun, it still makes me insane.

In general, my hair is easy to detangle when very wet, or completely dry. Half dry is impossible to run a comb through.

I second this. I comb in the shower and fresh out to distribute coconut oil then I have to let my hair dry before I run a comb through again. Half dry is just asking for tangles in my hair. :(

coolbreeze212
July 14th, 2009, 09:16 PM

LOL...What she said!! :)

Also, I can't stand wind from open car windows. :mad:

Laylah
July 14th, 2009, 10:00 PM
agreed;)

also, after swimming in the ocean :cool:

jera
July 15th, 2009, 01:23 AM
Man havent done that in a looong time :( i miss that kind of bed head....Its worth the tangles :D :eyebrows:

Actually, I must be missing something, or maybe DBF is just really gentle about "not messing up my hair." :D My hair always emerges unscathed in the afterglow. :o

Poppy Seed
July 15th, 2009, 03:07 AM
Yes to the wet hair combing, and the half-dry...and of course the tangles towards the nape of the neck after wearing hair down for any length of time - whether vertically or horizontally inclined ;) .