PDA

View Full Version : Collection of very long hair pics

eshta
July 14th, 2009, 01:39 PM
I came across these and there's some :thud:worthy hair here.
Sorry if i'm repeating links, I just wanted to share these :o.

I really love the braiding on pic 2 and pic 11, wow, just wow. It's clickable and her hair is 259 cm/ 102" long!

Bunnyhare
July 14th, 2009, 02:00 PM
OH MY GOSH!!!!wow! i love the braiding on #2 as well....the others are just jaw dropping! cool! thanks for sharing that, i am newly inspired! that one lady hanging her hair over the balcony, looks like in yellowstone lodge, it seems to be twice as long as her!!

GeoJ
July 14th, 2009, 02:01 PM
I think I have seen most of those photos at some point, especially back when I decided to learn to properly care for long hair and was doing a lot of internet searching.

They are certainly inspiring! I would love to have a long braid like the one near the end (sorry I didn't count the pics as I scrolled down).

heidi w.
July 14th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Two of those of those are Lady Godiva! (and I know who did the hair design and when those photos were taken and by who--one is a former siggy pix which would be able to be copied & saved privately--and represents a fairly recent "copy" take)
Another two are DYQ. (Floor length hair club)
Another is Lady Grace! (Floor length hair club)
Several of those are of women who participated in George Michael events. I wonder how Maria feels about that? (Maria now owns and runs the NY salon, and took over where Mr. GM left off.)
The older victorian images are CDVs, and fairly well known.
Others I'll remember their names -- wondering if Gemma is in here...I think. And the one of the lady leaning back....I remember she was from overseas and shared on another forum some time ago.

The contact us leads to a gmail email account.

Another one by the copier -- I remember when that photo first appeared. Someone was just sharing an image of themself. What was her name again?

I wonder if they know their photos are included in this website?

All of these photos have been seen before by me. I think others of these are former long hair enthusiasts back in the TLHS days.....

heidi w.

heidi w.
July 14th, 2009, 02:05 PM
OH MY GOSH!!!!wow! i love the braiding on #2 as well....the others are just jaw dropping! cool! thanks for sharing that, i am newly inspired! that one lady hanging her hair over the balcony, looks like in yellowstone lodge, it seems to be twice as long as her!!

Lady Godiva designed by Mr. Neil Anderson. This photo I think is from her private collection. I'll be contacting her.
heidi w.

Bunnyhare
July 14th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Lady Godiva designed by Mr. Neil Anderson. This photo I think is from her private collection. I'll be contacting her.
heidi w.
i copied the picture and put it in my album as inspiration! i hope thats ok..?:eek:

enfys
July 14th, 2009, 02:10 PM
A lot of those photos look fairly old, as in 90s obviously some are more like 1890s. Hope they kept the hair.

Did anyone read the comments? Kind of...enthusiastic fiction story by one person. Ick.

The photos had best been used with consent. Maybe it's asssumed there won't be repurcussions to using someones photo, they'll never find out. Shame we have these communities to share through.

Calista
July 14th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Did anyone else find the comment that went on and on and on hilarious? :lol:

swanns
July 14th, 2009, 02:14 PM
I've always been intrigued by these vintage-y pictures of very long and thick hair. As I understand it, back when those pictures were taken, it wasn't very common for a person to try and stand out from the crowd, am I right? Makes me wonder why these women decided to grow their gorgeous hair so long. I've seen a few pictures of entire families where all the women have very long hair.

heidi w.
July 14th, 2009, 02:16 PM

uh, yeah....clearly a made up thing. Someone was fantasizing heavily!
LOL

heidi w.

heidi w.
July 14th, 2009, 02:19 PM
I've always been intrigued by these vintage-y pictures of very long and thick hair. As I understand it, back when those pictures were taken, it wasn't very common for a person to try and stand out from the crowd, am I right? Makes me wonder why these women decided to grow their gorgeous hair so long. I've seen a few pictures of entire families where all the women have very long hair.

It was the cultural norm. In this era, long hair like this was a sign of great beauty and the heighth of femininity and for many, interpreted as an indication of good health (read that able to have healthy babies).

I know a few folks who have incredible collections of long hair imagery. I myself have old ads with artwork that includes long tresses, and a few CDVs. I can't afford to purchase the nicer CDVs -- the bidding, for example on eBay, is too high. These specific CDVs would likely go for around $50 (and on a good day possibly as much as $100) on eBay. I've seen some go over $100.

heidi w.

heidi w.
July 14th, 2009, 02:21 PM
i copied the picture and put it in my album as inspiration! i hope thats ok..?:eek:

Copyright infringement generally concerns the dissemination publically of an image without paying appropriate fees and without seeking appropriate permissions. I don't want to speak for Lady Godiva. She is a member here, and you could ask her.

FYI - the hair ornament was a gift for her also, a custom-designed silver piece. By Mr. Neil Anderson.

heidi w.

Amara
July 14th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Those are inspiring!!

Beatnik Guy
July 14th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Uhhhh, that story is wonderfully awful. :rollin:
And, all those words typed with one hand too.

I've seen all of those pictures before though --- and somehow doubt they are re-posted with consent. :shrug:

jera
July 14th, 2009, 03:38 PM
I think I have seen most of those photos at some point, especially back when I decided to learn to properly care for long hair and was doing a lot of internet searching.

They are certainly inspiring! I would love to have a long braid like the one near the end (sorry I didn't count the pics as I scrolled down).

I've seen em before too, but hey, there can never be too many pictures of longhairs for us can there? Someone else here may not have seen them and that's what LHC is for. :)

lacereza
July 14th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Copyright infringement is definitely an issue, but we're all aware that what we put on the internet is in the public domain, right? I mean, we can't expect that no-one's gong to right click and save, republish, and/or print what we post here. I agree that no-one should be breaking into private albums, but it seems to me to be a waste of energy to go after every reproduction of our pics. The internet brings new norms and ways to transmit and share information, and part of that means being aware that whatever the 'rules' are, we lose control as soon as we hit 'post'. I give the same advice here as regarding Facebook. Do't publish it if you don't want it stolen. Unfortunate, but realist.

Bunnyhare
July 14th, 2009, 04:50 PM
yes, i finally skipped to the end of it after reading" gorgeous, beautiful, longhaired, blonde, and "i know i am"" a few times and decided it was all a dream...

Lady Godiva
July 14th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Heidi, do you know that I love you? :smooch: I know; I know... I should care more that my photos and all these women's photos were hosted and posted without our being contacted, but it's happened many times. The worst part about this time is the monoparagraph drivel reply that someone posted below the photos. :puke:

I recognize all of those photos from previous sites. The second down was at my husband's and my outdoors wedding reception party in August 2004. That was a great day, and Neil Anderson was amazingly patient while creating that rope-braid ladder style.

The other pilfered photo of me is #16 down, from March 1999, where I'm in the "hair chair." Before that chair dies, I want to redo that image for a side-by-side comparison. Hee. :D

NickalNack
July 14th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Those... were.... awesome. True, I don't think I'll ever get to the point of wanting my hair to go all the way down to the ground, but on other people I think it looks fantastic. You can tell they really cherish and take pride in their hair.

Is anyone else weirded out by that anonymous poster who was talking about the "perfect girl" he was supposedly "marrying"? There's no way that story is true, and frankly I feel a little sad for whomever that guy is, because with standards that extreme, he'll never find real love. :P He seemed kind of creepy too, if you know what I mean. Her hair was a little longer than three feet, according to his description, yet... her hair was taller than her. Um, yikes.

sweet*things
July 14th, 2009, 06:13 PM
I just can't believe you people don't believe his story about finding love in a grocery store parking lot! If I had 8 foot long hair I'd always wear it down, dragging through the aisles, when I went grocery shopping.:D:eyebrows:

eternallyverdan
July 14th, 2009, 06:36 PM
I just can't believe you people don't believe his story about finding love in a grocery store parking lot! If I had 8 foot long hair I'd always wear it down, dragging through the aisles, when I went grocery shopping.:D:eyebrows:

I know! I think it's my duty as a good citizen to help clean floors wherever I go-- that's the real reason that I'm growing out my hair. It'll make an excellent push broom in a few years.

Tressie
July 14th, 2009, 06:46 PM
WoW!!! I've seen some of these before and some are totally new to me, but all are amazing and a real inspiration! Thanks for sharing!

physicschick
July 14th, 2009, 07:16 PM
FYI, I've removed the link to the photos for now because of concerns about trackbacks to LHC. If the mods decide to restore the link, it will magically reappear.

Teacherbear
July 14th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Uhhhh, that story is wonderfully awful. :rollin:

(My bold)

Thanks for saying that, Beatnik Guy. That is a very true, sad, and important point to make.

Many people here at LHC like and enjoy long hair for rather innocent or personal reasons. It is important to remember that there are people who look anywhere they can (online) for long hair photos, images, stories to get their sexual kicks. It is that type of person that the Moderation Team works diligently to restrict access to LHC.

I hope you don't mind me using your quote to make this point. :waving:

Calista
July 15th, 2009, 01:18 AM
Or with eleven fingers... :bigeyes:

shrimp
July 15th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Or with eleven fingers... :bigeyes:

:spitting: :lol:

redneckprincess
July 15th, 2009, 07:41 AM
I dont see any pictures :(

heidi w.
July 15th, 2009, 08:10 AM

Bwaahahahahahaaaahhhoooo!
heidi w.

enfys
July 15th, 2009, 11:35 AM
I dont see any pictures :(

The link was removed, I think because of a ... fictional story posted in the comments by the kind of person we don't want to come to this site. :(

eshta
July 15th, 2009, 12:06 PM
The link was removed, I think because of a ... fictional story posted in the comments by the kind of person we don't want to come to this site. :(

:brickwall I didn't see the comments. I had not even scrolled down to check. Mods, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to lead creepies here :scared:.

enfys
July 15th, 2009, 12:13 PM
:brickwall I didn't see the comments. I had not even scrolled down to check. Mods, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to lead creepies here :scared:.

I doubt you did lead anyone here :D

I usually don't read comments because I get so irate at the negative ones, so I can't criticise you for that!