PDA

View Full Version : olive oil and c. oil for growth?

mommy2one05
April 11th, 2008, 10:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3epsgNf2s8

I am wanting to get my hair to grow more than it has. I ran into this on you tube today. has anyone tried or heard of this helping hair grow? And where can you find c. oil?

DolphinPrincess
April 11th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Well, I'm too inpatient to actually watch the whole video, but you can get castor oil at most natural or health food stores. That's where I got mine. I haven't used it a whole lot though, it is very thick and sticky.

JillieRose
April 12th, 2008, 03:17 AM
She uses coconut and olive oil, not castor oil, I think.

Never tried it as a hair growth thing, but I do oil with olive oil for moisture.

ChloeDharma
April 12th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Those are good oils. Coconut is popular for growth.....and although Coconut and Olive were the 2 listed in the video, other oils are used as well. Castor oil like DolphinPrincess mentioned is thought to improve the hairs thickness and encourage growth.

If you look through the various Coconut oil threads on here you will find information on where different members get their oil. I live in England so i can't reccomend where to buy it in America, though i assume Health Food stores will carry it.

Aisha25
April 12th, 2008, 02:09 PM
I do my hair just like she does in the video..It works and sometimes i add in castor oil too.

mommy2one05
April 12th, 2008, 04:02 PM
I do my hair just like she does in the video..It works and sometimes i add in castor oil too.

thanks! What if I can't find any coconut oil? DO you think if I did the same with just the evoo and maybe castor oil it would still help it grow more? How often do you apply the oils to your scalp? Thanks for any advice. It has taken me 3 years and 4 months to grow 14 inches....very slow grow.

Aisha25
April 12th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Well castor oil is very thick so if you add alittle to the olive oil it should be ok.Coconut oil, you can buy it at any indian shop.Just do how she shows, I apply it to my scalp and the length a day before I shower and do the hot towel as well for 30 mins,then I wait for the next day to wash it out.Also do warm up the evoo and castor oils for like 10seconds till its warm.That should help your hair grow long and thick.

DolphinPrincess
April 12th, 2008, 06:26 PM
:o You can tell I didn't watch the video, but I got my coconut oil from Wal*Mart, in the supplements section.

Also, have you checked out the monistat thread? Works good for me!

yogachic
April 12th, 2008, 06:35 PM
thanks! What if I can't find any coconut oil? DO you think if I did the same with just the evoo and maybe castor oil it would still help it grow more? How often do you apply the oils to your scalp? Thanks for any advice. It has taken me 3 years and 4 months to grow 14 inches....very slow grow.

You can find coconut oil in the vitamin section of Walmart, or a health food store. I love coconut oil, and olive oil for my hair.