PDA

View Full Version : Combating Cornsilk Hair

soopahgrover
July 14th, 2009, 08:12 AM
My hair doesn't tangle or snarl much, but it does stick together like cornsilk. You know, that little tuft of white hair on the end of an ear of unschucked corn?

Is there anything to be done about it, or should I just accept it?

Thank you!

Calista
July 14th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Maybe you have split ends causing this?

Amara
July 14th, 2009, 08:20 AM
I had cornsilk hair on the blond streak that had been bleached once too many times. Do you have dye damage? My solution was TLC for several months, now it's much better.

soopahgrover
July 14th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Maybe you have split ends causing this?

Hmmm. That's a good thought. It is much much better when I've had my ends trimmed. But then it only lasts for about a week, maybe two. I only get my hair cut twice a year. I hunt and peck cut miscellaneous split ends the rest of the year.

soopahgrover
July 14th, 2009, 08:23 AM
I had cornsilk hair on the blond streak that had been bleached once too many times. Do you have dye damage? My solution was TLC for several months, now it's much better.

No, I haven't dyed in years.

I do have an area of hair that is lighter in color, finer in texture, and more damage prone than the rest of my hair, but the cornsilkyness definitely occurs all over my head.

Petra
July 14th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Mine sticks or clumps together as well--its slightly wavy instead of being totally straight. Its not wavy enough to look like put-together waves--its kind of piecey, or even stringy looking. Unfortunately for me its just the texture of my hair--the only thing that helps is combing it every once in a while when I wear it down. Sounds like your hair isn't damaged so maybe that's just the natural texture. You can see some of the piecey-ness in my ponytail in my avatar.

ETA: I've got a hairtype picture in one of the albums on my profile of air dried hair without combing--its extremely clumpy and stuck-together looking there.

soopahgrover
July 15th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Thanks, Petra! You're totally right. It gets piece-y. My mom used to say it looked stringy. :) Piece-y sounds better.