PDA

View Full Version : TV Folks Who Cut It Off

Natalia
July 14th, 2009, 12:50 AM
Ok i shall keep this short to avoid ranting :p. But has anyoen else noticed how many TV people change shows or go between season and cut off their (fairly) long hair!?!? A few examples;

Kate Walsh - left Greys and cut it off second season of private practice. One of the only people i like the after effect on but i prefered her longer hair.

Dont know her name but Arizona on Greys used to play Booths ex-wife on bones. She wasnt on bones for a while and when she pops up on greys short hair!

Another one is Sophie on leverage last season nice longish hair this season comercial all have her in a bob that in my opionion ages her greatly and gives her a cone head.

Also started on bones was the woman who played Wilsons girlfriend on House. She was Booths girlfriend (anyone seeing a long hair trend for him? Cam toooo :eyebrows:) on Bones had at least waist length hair though im not sure if its real. When she showed up on house above shoulder!

I am the only one irritated by this? I mean its their hair their choice but i hate that we have so few mainstream long hair "icons" and they are giving into a fashion trend. And all around the same time actually :shrug:.

Any more we can think of?

nowxisxforever
July 14th, 2009, 12:56 AM
It could be that they're only allowed to cut their hair periodically and only into a pre-approved style, for continuity... could be that these are the styles they *want*. :\

That said, I don't watch TV, so no contributions...

Roseate
July 14th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Well, as we all know, it's much easier to cut your hair between seasons than to grow it enough to make a big difference! Cutting one's hair is a quick way to drastically change your look, and TV shows are all about the look. :shrug:

Heidi_234
July 14th, 2009, 01:01 AM
I didn't like Kate Walsh's new bob. She's still drop dead gorgeous, but her long hair was prettier on her. Also another "doctor" on grey anatomy - ezzy(sp?) stevens, she had her hair longer before the last season.

NickalNack
July 14th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Gilmore Girls... Pretty much every female character on the show. lol

masterofmidgets
July 14th, 2009, 01:04 AM
I still have bitter feelings about Willow losing her long hair on Buffy hte Vampire Slayer, and that was ten years ago! (What can I say, her french-braids were super cute, and I missed them :()

I've been watching NCIS all summer, though, and the girls (and Tony :p)on that show have really nice hair - not long by the standards here, but pretty long by mainstream standards I think. I totally *heart* Abby's pigtails.

Cherry_Sprinkle
July 14th, 2009, 01:32 AM
I thought this thread was going to be about those make-over shows... like what not to wear and stuff cause THAT irritates me to no end that the stylists always seem to talk down to the women who want to keep their length and in the end , end up chopping it to BSL or shorter!

I didn't know Kate Walsh cut her hair!

rogue_psyche
July 14th, 2009, 01:41 AM
In Veronica Mars, Veronica was APL in flashbacks, then chin length, and slowly throughout the series it lengthened. Her her never got past APL though. Kristen Bell looks great with both short and long hair.

Freaks and Geeks had no cutting of hair, but was a great show for hair. Lindsay has APL hair, Kim has "is this BSL?" hair and Millie has between BSL and waist hair. There's a lot of cute braids, too. The only shorthairs were moms or teachers.

I still have bitter feelings about Willow losing her long hair on Buffy hte Vampire Slayer, and that was ten years ago! (What can I say, her french-braids were super cute, and I missed them :()

I was also sad when on How I Met Your Mother Alyson Hannigan dyed her hair brunette and it never got red again.

Natalia
July 14th, 2009, 02:07 AM
I didn't like Kate Walsh's new bob. She's still drop dead gorgeous, but her long hair was prettier on her. Also another "doctor" on grey anatomy - ezzy(sp?) stevens, she had her hair longer before the last season.

I am a fan of her bob when it (ironically) is straightened and sytled like in TV guides sexiest i think. But i did like her long hair better. I liked her hemline better on greys than on PP though to pointy for me but still better than short.

And Izzie wow i toally forgot she had longer hair! I didnt start watching till izzie got her cancer scare and archer and addison came to the hospital. I havent seen to many episodes fromt he beggining. I did like her long hair but she is one whoc an pull off short as well in my opinion.

It could be that they're only allowed to cut their hair periodically and only into a pre-approved style, for continuity... could be that these are the styles they *want*.

That said, I don't watch TV, so no contributions...

Good point. I figure that if they want to keep you they will let it slide lol.

Well, as we all know, it's much easier to cut your hair between seasons than to grow it enough to make a big difference! Cutting one's hair is a quick way to drastically change your look, and TV shows are all about the look.

Another good point. It is rather dramatic but as for growing they have plenty plenty of money for extensions should a whim hit them. Not like they would keep it very long anyway and to subject real hair to that abuse so often i dont htink many could get as long as our memebers here.

Gilmore Girls... Pretty much every female character on the show. lol

Awww :( i never could get into that one but its still sad...

I still have bitter feelings about Willow losing her long hair on Buffy hte Vampire Slayer, and that was ten years ago! (What can I say, her french-braids were super cute, and I missed them )

I've been watching NCIS all summer, though, and the girls (and Tony)on that show have really nice hair - not long by the standards here, but pretty long by mainstream standards I think. I totally *heart* Abby's pigtails.

Oh never watched buffy either but i shall have to look up her cute braids! And oh yes i love my NCIS ladies :D Abby is adorable and Ziva...well what can i say she is incredibly beautiful and can kick but to boot! Yeah i like zivas length for her she can do alot with it. Liek you said not long by our standards but good for mainstream :).

I thought this thread was going to be about those make-over shows... like what not to wear and stuff cause THAT irritates me to no end that the stylists always seem to talk down to the women who want to keep their length and in the end , end up chopping it to BSL or shorter!

I didn't know Kate Walsh cut her hair!

Oh no i cant do makeover shows :mad:. They always make me too angry! I stopped watching fashion shows with the exclusion of top model (i just cant kick that damn habit even though in my opnion the last person to deserve winning was whitney (i think that was her she was the first "plus" size winner :rolleyes: she was like an 8 lol). That show has been a series of dissapointments for me but what can i say Mr. Jay is white hot (even with his bad temper lately) and something keeps bringing me back...

Anyway yeah i even had to quit watching rachel ray after the last 2 makeovers. One woman even MEASURED her hair and correctly at that! They cut it off to a chin bob i was so dissapointed in them. Sad thing is RR is supposed to be about food!

Yeah im with you cant stand the shows or the way they talk to them and in the ends a good friend taking them to ross usually would have eneded up better.

In Veronica Mars, Veronica was APL in flashbacks, then chin length, and slowly throughout the series it lengthened. Her her never got past APL though. Kristen Bell looks great with both short and long hair.

Freaks and Geeks had no cutting of hair, but was a great show for hair. Lindsay has APL hair, Kim has "is this BSL?" hair and Millie has between BSL and waist hair. There's a lot of cute braids, too. The only shorthairs were moms or teachers.

I was also sad when on How I Met Your Mother Alyson Hannigan dyed her hair brunette and it never got red again.

Awww i have missed out on television long hairs! i never watched veronica mars either. Like i said above not long by our standards but good enough. Never even heard of freaks and geeks. To be honest the name alone deters me lol no offence ment :).

And OMG i am soooo with you on Alyson Hannigan! I lost my cable for a while mid reruns so when i started watching the new episodes i was sadly shocked! Its not that it looks terrible its "nice" in the average sense. Her red was glorius and so perfect for her :(. I am also sad to see the texture go, she is always strightened flat now. She will always be the quirky American Pie girl to me :D.

Gosh she is so adorable and tiny i just was to pick her up and squish hug her! Lol can you tell i have a crush.... :o

noelgirl
July 14th, 2009, 07:03 AM
I'm still bitter about Felicity all these years later. Her long curls in the first season were gorgeous! And as for the continuity thing, as much as I loved Friends when it was on, there pretty much was no continuity to speak of. Rachel especially. During one hiatus (season 6 to 7), where it was a cliffhanger that picked up the moment they left off, she went from waist to BSL. During another cliffhanger (season 8 to 9), she went from shoulder to at least APL in one day of TV time. I think in general, continuity on TV is a very selective thing.

Heidi_234
July 14th, 2009, 07:27 AM
I'm still bitter about Felicity all these years later. Her long curls in the first season were gorgeous! And as for the continuity thing, as much as I loved Friends when it was on, there pretty much was no continuity to speak of. Rachel especially. During one hiatus (season 6 to 7), where it was a cliffhanger that picked up the moment they left off, she went from waist to BSL. During another cliffhanger (season 8 to 9), she went from shoulder to at least APL in one day of TV time. I think in general, continuity on TV is a very selective thing.
Yeah I remember one time in heroes, where Nathan was captured by someone, and the next episode his hair was shorter (and visibly shorter on the sides), while he was still in captivity. :/

Actually I want to point out the opposite example too - Kara in Battlestar Galactica who started the show with a very short boyish cut and ended it with shoulder-to-APL length hair. Always warms my heart. :)

redneckprincess
July 14th, 2009, 07:44 AM
I notice that all the time or shows when there supposed to be stuck on a remote island somewhere for months at a time and there hair never grows at all...

Merlin
July 14th, 2009, 07:46 AM
There was a character on the Aussie soap Neigbours who largely left because she wanted to cut her hair short and the production company wouldn't let her!

helen2806
July 14th, 2009, 09:05 AM
I notice that all the time or shows when there supposed to be stuck on a remote island somewhere for months at a time and there hair never grows at all...

or the opposite - on Lost they are supposed to only have been on the island for 100 days/3 months and Sun's hair grows from above shoulder to at least BSL in that time!

GoddesJourney
July 14th, 2009, 09:22 AM
They probably use drastic hair changes to help distinguish characters from one TV show to another. Since the same actors/actresses are frequently used, it would get boring if they all looked the same on every show. Their hair is as much subject to their job as their wardrobe.

Copasetic
July 14th, 2009, 09:31 AM

I'm still bitter about Felicity too, not just because she cut off all her hair, but because towards the end of the series she always wore it straight.

Buffy went through a few hair cuts during the series. In season six she went from slightly longer than BSL to a bob in one episode.

Edit: Speaking of Buffy, Cordelia did pretty much the same thing when she was on Angel. I'm pretty sure she was also about BSL, and then cut it back to a bob. It looked GREAT on her, though.

hellkitty
July 14th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Not to sound odd or anything, but actually, I'm okay with this. (Okay, except _Felicity_). When I look at the many, many non LHCers around where I live with their flat irons and backcombing and hairspraying and all that, I kind of wish they'd cut their hair. I'd rather see healthy hair be short, than the long and tortured stuff I see around here.

'Round here they grow it long trying to look like exactly these TV stars y'all have been talking about, somehow not getting that that TV star probably has extensions and definitely has a full time makeup crew that adjusts her hair between every shot.

HK

earthdancer
July 14th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Does anyone remember Morena Baccarin who played Inara on Firefly? Now she's showing up on TV with a pixie cut! I'm crushed. Her hair was soooo beautiful. Now that she's cut it off I don't think she looks half as pretty.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm801151232/nm1072555

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1308269312/nm1072555

enfys
July 14th, 2009, 12:34 PM
There was a character on the Aussie soap Neigbours who largely left because she wanted to cut her hair short and the production company wouldn't let her!

Who was that? It just reminded me of Dee who went from LHC lengths to bob because she was upset. She grew it back out before she married Toadie though...and died that afternoon. Sigh.

I'm not over Sabrina the Teenage Witch cutting her hair. Or Mildred in The Worst Witch; she cut her hair to seem grown up when she went to college. It was awful after, but most likely the actress' own hair.

Oh and Captain Janeway on Star Trek Voyager. Wow I was gutted about that. Dax on Deep Space 9 went though a few 'dos too.

I'm not bothered when they are going to another show altogether since it's a different person, but I can be traumatised a little when the character has a major haircut because they are who I associate the hair with.

I don't watch Grey's Anatomy so much now.

Allegra
July 14th, 2009, 01:09 PM
I was also going to post about Cordelia from Buffy and then Angel.
That one really upset me. I loved her long hair, i could hardly watch it after that!
I actually vaguely remember the episode where she revealed her shorter hair and I think it started with Wesley or someone looking at her and screaming! My sentiments exactly :p

ReddishRocks
July 14th, 2009, 01:20 PM
All I know is that if Kate (Evangeline Lilly) from Lost cuts her hair, I'll cry.

http://editorial.sidereel.com/Images/Editorial%20Features/lost_jack_kate.jpg

LutraLutra
July 14th, 2009, 01:24 PM
I miss Tanya Branning's hair in Eastenders. It was just getting to BSL and then the next thing we see - she's chopped it to a 'funky' bob. Except it doesn't suit her.

MsBubbles
July 14th, 2009, 01:26 PM
This doesn't count as 'cut it off' but it annoyed me anyway...Emily Procter from CSI Miami. First season - waist length, no layers, thick - albeit bleached - blonde hair. Amazing. Made her stand out from the crowd. Second season? Meh...BSL with layers. Later seasons...APL with layers. Aarrgh.

longhairedfairy
July 14th, 2009, 01:39 PM
I'm still bitter about Felicity all these years later. Her long curls in the first season were gorgeous!
Oh, I remember when Felicity had those beautiful, long curls. They were just gorgeous! The hacked off hair made her neck look freaking gigantic.

KaasKnot
July 14th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Alyssa Milano in Charmed. I can remember wondering between seasons what crazy mess she'd do to her hair next, between season three and season four she went from lovely long hair (BSL, I think) to a pixie cut. I was, erm, very angry about that.

But then, in the same show, there was Holly Marie Combs, who went from shoulder length hair to almost waist length hair. She made me happy, and more than made up for her annoying character. :)

enfys
July 14th, 2009, 01:43 PM
This doesn't count as 'cut it off' but it annoyed me anyway...Emily Procter from CSI Miami. First season - waist length, no layers, thick - albeit bleached - blonde hair. Amazing. Made her stand out from the crowd. Second season? Meh...BSL with layers. Later seasons...APL with layers. Aarrgh.

Yes! She got plainer and plainer. She doesn't have a fabulous face. Miami is my least favourite CSI partly because of her.

pdy2kn6
July 14th, 2009, 02:56 PM
I think its more like a new fresh start, and it is an opportunity for them to cut their hair because often they have to keep it in a certain style for the show. Also a great way of distinguishing between seasons. Although on Friends, Rachel cut her very long hair (Im guessing alot of it was extensions when it was at its longest-ie the episode she gets with Bruce Willis), she went from super long hair in one ep to a short bob in the next. I think its nice watching their hair styles change

noelgirl
July 14th, 2009, 04:46 PM
I think its more like a new fresh start, and it is an opportunity for them to cut their hair because often they have to keep it in a certain style for the show. Also a great way of distinguishing between seasons. Although on Friends, Rachel cut her very long hair (Im guessing alot of it was extensions when it was at its longest-ie the episode she gets with Bruce Willis), she went from super long hair in one ep to a short bob in the next. I think its nice watching their hair styles change

I think it was extensions when it was longest - I think she took out the extensions over summer hiatus and then cut it a few episodes later. Maybe she had damage from the extensions?

LisaButz2001
July 14th, 2009, 04:51 PM
The Dr. Cutty on House in season 1 had long hair and now has ageing bangs and should length hair.

sneakybea
July 15th, 2009, 02:47 AM
I'm always sad when actresses whose hair I love gets cut, but what really gets my goat is what others have mentioned, the continuity issues.
Does anyone remember when Gabrielle's hair was cut on Xena? They wrote it into the show, which is good, but in a really stupid way. I'd already been sad because her strawberry blond hair had been getting less strawberry and more blond, and I didn't think the color suited her. And, although it's not hair related, it also seemed like the shorter her hair got, the less clothing she wore, although I'm having trouble finding pictures of the peasant blouses and long skirts she wore in early episodes.
Here's a link to her with long reddish hair: http://www.knight-ware.com/cards/xena6/auto/a12.jpeg
And here she is with short blond hair: http://store.infinitecoolness.com/coolposters/personalities/xena/xenawarriorprincessposter007.jpg
I just thought her original look was much cuter!

Pinstraight
July 15th, 2009, 09:49 AM
I also hate when TV folks cut their hair. Does anybody remember when the character Felicity cut her hair? The ratings on the show dropped.

I also noticed Emily Procter's hair is getting shorter and more layered and styled. Some might not agree, but I happen to think she is very pretty in a classic sort of way. It bothers me that they just could not leave her long blonde hair alone. They had to 'style' it in some way. I think she also got thinner too.

I like Holly Marie Combs' hair and I think her hair is her best feature and she has the best head of hair of the three girls, in my opinion.

Whether celebrities cut their hair or not does not influence me in any way. I happen to think that the media is behind their 'new' looks with hopes this will trigger a rash of women going out and getting these new haircuts. Not me.

ericthegreat
July 15th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Its also possible that many of these TV actresses were wearing hair extensions and then had them taken out and so you are now just seeing their real hair length. In any case, I have stopped caring about what other people whether they're a celebrity or not do with their own hair. They can go blonde, brunette, add extensions (because we all know they don't bother to actually wait and grow their own hair that long!), heck even shave it all off for all I care. I don't own those people, so I shouldn't have any right to tell them what they should or shouldn't do with their own hair. In the same respect, I would of course like for the rest of the world to treat me with the same courtesy and not pester me with their own POVs about what I should do with my own hair.

cowgirltresses
July 15th, 2009, 12:29 PM
I don't watch a ton of tv but I do watch the heck out of movies! I was absolutely horrified after watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall (oh she had beautiful midback length hair!) and seeing the same girl with a longish bob in Fanboys. Not only that but she dyed it black! Ah well...we can't really stop people from playing with their own hair. It is their's. I used to cringe watching What Not to Wear; seeing them always chop off every girls hair that walked onto the show. I WAS addicted though.... And I was overjoyed when during one particular episode there was a girl who used to be a model in her younger days, and WOULD NOT let them touch her beautiful waist length hair! She said that stylists tortured her hair enough when she modeled and that she had grown her hair out completely virgin (and it was gorgeous) and was going to keep it that way. Yay! Go chick on what not to wear for sticking it to them!lol

teela1978
July 15th, 2009, 12:31 PM

I loved freaks and geeks, I was so sad it got killed after the first season. I think that's why there was no chopping of the hair, it didn't last long enough to have any changes from one season to the next.

cowgirltresses
July 15th, 2009, 12:34 PM
OMG I totally forgot how much it upset me when Topanga from Boy Meets World cut her hair! And that was forever ago! It was extra upsetting because she actually cut it herself on the show.... she looked rather mortified though...

may1em
July 15th, 2009, 01:25 PM
On this topic, I was at a doctor's office for a minor procedure today and ended up killing some time flipping through an issue of Allure - they had a bunch of statistics about hair.

Turns out that the year after Keri Russel cut her hair and Felicity rankings tanked, the WB made a bunch of its other female stars sign contracts saying they wouldn't cut.

C_Bookworm
July 15th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Does anyone remember Morena Baccarin who played Inara on Firefly? Now she's showing up on TV with a pixie cut! I'm crushed. Her hair was soooo beautiful. Now that she's cut it off I don't think she looks half as pretty.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm801151232/nm1072555

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1308269312/nm1072555

:justy:
Why would she do that???!!!! Her hair was sooo pretty before.

Also, I love Olivia's hair on Fringe. I really hope they keep it long. I'm not sure if its naturally straight or if its getting flat ironed. If the latter, I bet it slowly starts to get shorter

dearladydisdain
July 15th, 2009, 03:24 PM
OMG I totally forgot how much it upset me when Topanga from Boy Meets World cut her hair! And that was forever ago! It was extra upsetting because she actually cut it herself on the show.... she looked rather mortified though...
Oh my goodness, I remember that. :lol:

As for people cutting their hair, it doesn't bother me either way. Yes, sometimes I think it looks better long, but sometimes it looks better short. I'm not going to jump to the conclusion that they cut their hair because of media pressure. Maybe they really just wanted short hair. :p

BroknRechord
July 16th, 2009, 11:59 PM
When Topanga cut her hair, I finally got the "it's only hair" enough to cut mine. Horrible. It was rather traumatic.

ilovelonghair
July 17th, 2009, 12:18 AM
I have a feeling that lots of cases are just taking out extentions, especially when their hair varies extremely in lenghts in short time frames. And of course with all the dying and hair styling they probably damage their hair so much there's nothing else they can do. It must be really annoying to be an actor because you got to adapt to what the directors want.
It pisses me off too, I'm trying to think up some examples: that lady from Law and Order had a haircut (couple of years ago) and it looked nasty, and of course male actors: Johhny Depp has just cut his hair off, yuk, Orlando Bloom did a couple of years ago and looks nondescript now. There are heaps more I can't remember right now.
Oh yes: Jake from Twilight, but it's part of the story and the hair is a wig (still annoying enough)

earthdancer
July 17th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Does anyone remember when Gabrielle's hair was cut on Xena? They wrote it into the show, which is good, but in a really stupid way. I'd already been sad because her strawberry blond hair had been getting less strawberry and more blond, and I didn't think the color suited her. And, although it's not hair related, it also seemed like the shorter her hair got, the less clothing she wore, although I'm having trouble finding pictures of the peasant blouses and long skirts she wore in early episodes.

You are so right about Gabrielle's clothes! I remember when the series began; she wore normal peasant clothes, and then they started putting her in skimpier and skimpier costumes. It may not have anything to do with the length of her hair, just a coincidence. I suspect they would have "skimped up" her clothes in any case.:eyebrows:

pilateschick7
July 17th, 2009, 08:30 AM
I can believe Morena Baccarrin got a pixie cut:( I loved all the long hair on Firefly.

I will need hair therapy if the final season of lost involves Evangeline Lilly loosing length. The season with flat ironed curls "off island" were bad enough.

heatherdazy
July 17th, 2009, 09:15 AM
In any case, I have stopped caring about what other people whether they're a celebrity or not do with their own hair... I don't own those people, so I shouldn't have any right to tell them what they should or shouldn't do with their own hair.
The most sensible post in this thread! Sometimes people just want a change. Why bash them for it?

PhillyGirl1978@
July 17th, 2009, 04:49 PM
I was kind of pissed when Topanga cut and straightened her hair on Boy Meets World....she did it in a "style" so it look trendy but it wasn't unique anymore.

longhairedfairy
July 17th, 2009, 05:28 PM
The most sensible post in this thread! Sometimes people just want a change. Why bash them for it?
No one here is trying to dictate what they do with their own hair. They're free to do whatever it is they want. That doesn't mean we have to like (or dislike) it.

Heidi_234
July 18th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Nobody bashes anybody here. That's what you have when you mix publicly known people, and hair-concerned people: a thread about haircuts.

I just spotted another haircut - JJ on Criminal Minds. She had gorgeous BSL 1a blond hair, now it's equality gorgeous 1a blond hair, but to her shoulders.

Copasetic
July 18th, 2009, 01:46 PM
I was kind of pissed when Topanga cut and straightened her hair on Boy Meets World....she did it in a "style" so it look trendy but it wasn't unique anymore.

I was just thinking of that one. If I remember correctly, she kept it long-ish. BSL maybe. Either way she had GREAT hair. It was so thick and full.

JCFantasy23
September 6th, 2009, 05:26 AM
On this topic, I was at a doctor's office for a minor procedure today and ended up killing some time flipping through an issue of Allure - they had a bunch of statistics about hair.

Turns out that the year after Keri Russel cut her hair and Felicity rankings tanked, the WB made a bunch of its other female stars sign contracts saying they wouldn't cut.

I'm a big Smallville fan and Kristin Kreuk was always gorgeous with her long hair. I kept reading on a fan forum that she was under contract for most of the show to not cut her hair, although she wanted to. When she appeared for like the last three appearances she had cut it and to me it looked terrible, it just made her face look too gauntly and thin, IMO.

http://imstars.aufeminin.com/stars/fan/kristin-kreuk/kristin-kreuk-20041011-12302.jpg

http://www.hairfinder.com/celebrityhairstyles/celebrityhair-200812q.htm

Lilli
September 6th, 2009, 07:03 AM
Actually I want to point out the opposite example too - Kara in Battlestar Galactica who started the show with a very short boyish cut and ended it with shoulder-to-APL length hair. Always warms my heart. :)

Yeah, we are still finishing this show and I love how at the beginning of Season 4.5 you can see that she really just let her layered bob with bangs grow out with only minor trimming. It's inspirational b/c we have very similar hair and I got her hair cut from the episode where she boxes Lee, so I know that in a year, my hair will look like hers at the end! I loved all her short hair cuts and actually think she looks better short.

PhillyGirl1978@
September 6th, 2009, 09:05 AM
O

Kate Walsh - left Greys and cut it off second season of private practice. One of the only people i like the after effect on but i prefered her longer hair.

I recently saw her in something else where she had a longer cut a little past shoulder length with soft layers around her face that looked really good. I think with her face shape, longer hair and soft layers really look best. But we all know that's what happens when people get maker-overs or start a new chapter in their life.

Kourtney Kardashian who just started that new reality show with her sister Kloe, she had beautiful, thick long black hair that had body and fell into loose ringlets at the bottom, she cut it into a blunt boring bob at about chin-length...she broke up with her bf, moved and started a new show.

flyfaraway
September 6th, 2009, 09:20 AM
I really don't watch much television, so I can't think of many examples.
There is one that comes to mind. Selena Gomez, though I honestly do not watch Disney Channel.
Personally, I think she looks rather plain with the blunt SL cut.
It isn't necessarily bad, just boring.

http://www.picapp.com/ftp/Preview/0053/selena_gomez_Picapp_53693.jpg

http://igossip.com/photos/small_gossipteen_Selena_Gomez_2817_selena_gomez_ne w_haircut_photos.jpg

carolyncasl
December 19th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Teri Hatcher when she was on Lois & Clark. I read an interview where she said when she went in to the audition, she was told that Lois Lane would not have long hair. So she went to her car, cut her ponytail off, and got the part. I think she said she saved it for many years after that.

Her hair was shorter than I would have liked it, but then in one of the later seasons, she chopped it all off, and I was annoyed.

spidermom
December 19th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Through Netflix, I did notice that the woman on Medium started out with APL to BSL hair length but cut to shoulder length for the second or third season, and on the last season I watched, she had it cut into a chin-length bob, which to me is about the ugliest mainstream haircut out there.

Hollyfire3
December 19th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Don't know if anyone considers Alyssa Milano's (Phoebe) hair long but, she cut her hair into a pixie during the 6th season of Charmed (wasn't very flattering as her longer hair IMO) ALso, Paige (Rose Mcgowan on Charmed) Cut her hair to SL from APL in the 5th season (as well as dyeing it red). Truefully, i think Holly Marie Combs (Piper) has the most gorgeous hair ever (its all hers too!) it has been anywhere from APL to lower HL and is always beautiful, thick and shiny, whether she wears it curly, wavy or straight. She does trim it often (every episdoe it seems) so it took her about 6 yrs to get to WL from SL but she does cut it from WL to BSL from time to time on the show.

jacqueline101
December 19th, 2011, 04:47 PM
I don't watch tv that much but I do like Kate Walsh long hair better it was sort of vintage looking in Grey Anatomy.

Hollyfire3
December 19th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Alyssa Milano in Charmed. I can remember wondering between seasons what crazy mess she'd do to her hair next, between season three and season four she went from lovely long hair (BSL, I think) to a pixie cut. I was, erm, very angry about that.

But then, in the same show, there was Holly Marie Combs, who went from shoulder length hair to almost waist length hair. She made me happy, and more than made up for her annoying character. :)

Awww, you think Piper is annoying? Well, she CAN be a bit whinny...and umm OCD and stubborn and headstrong and ok well, annoying but i am all of those things also so i relate!:D I LOVE her, she is my favorite character of ANYTHING person wise...her hair is absolutly gorgeous though, my inspirations, quite thick also, what do you think?

TheMechaGinger
December 19th, 2011, 04:53 PM
There might be a comment on this somewhere already, but Rachel from Glee had lovely long hair in the first season (or maybe the second, I can't remember) and then cut it to shoulder length! I was pretty heart broken

Hollyfire3
December 19th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Yeah I remember one time in heroes, where Nathan was captured by someone, and the next episode his hair was shorter (and visibly shorter on the sides), while he was still in captivity. :/

Consistency on tv is rare, i was very suprised when watching the last episode of season 2 of Charmed then watching the 1st episode of season 3, Piper's hairstyle stayed the same, even though her hair had obiously grown, visbly when the ponytail was out at the end of the episode (A ponytail with small side pieces wrapped around the band with a center part and some sort of 2 piece hair crown/clip thingy) even though the center part (due to her bangs in season 2) was less noticable and the ponytail was longer, they kept the same hairstyle to keep the it in line with the episode and passing of time that was supposed to have occured. Sorry for the long rant, i was just suprised pleasently thta they did this. I LOVE that show!

FrozenBritannia
December 19th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Penny on the big bang theory has been getting longer hair every season! I wonder how long it go... And i wonder if the actress is a member here?

coffinhert
December 19th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Deborah Morgan (Dexter's sister) from Dexter cut her hair chin-length one season, but I noticed she grew it out quite long again after that, it is at least APL now and I hope she doesn't cut it! I love her natural color, she definitely does not dye.

Shebelina
December 19th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Lauren Holly who played Jenny Shepard on NCIS had beautiful long hair which was all hers, then she suddenly chopped it all off into a pixie style. There was a story line for the style change, but instead of the story written because of the change, the change happened for the story. Apparently she arrived on set and they had arranged to have her hair cut without telling her! I think I would have pitched a fit if it were me.

I saw her in a Christmas TV movie made this year and it is almost back to it's original length. I so glad she grew it back, it's such a beautiful red and really suits her.

Kelikea
December 19th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Mae Whitman, who plays Amber on Parenthood, has gone through some major hair transformations.http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Galleries/Shows/M_R/Pa_Ph/Parenthood/season1/parenthood-20.jpgbeginning of show
http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Galleries/Shows/M_R/Pa_Ph/Parenthood/season3/parenthood-67.jpgbleach
http://www.nbc.com/parenthood/images/bios/mae_whitman.jpgcut
https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlWfwDktDOu9xSFjiG8t8xHEwRFIi72 wdmYwhbYpO0lHvrDshLgwweird cut
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PEoxf4Kb0XI/TqGlPjAou3I/AAAAAAAAMYU/OVPMScMcVd0/s1600/amber1.jpgnow

Hollyfire3
December 19th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Amber sure has some hair issues...i personally like it longer, but it is her hair so she might have wanted to chnage it, who knows? I like that show alot though, wonder if they are doing a 3rd season?

long&blonde
December 19th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Gabrielle! On Xena.