PDA

View Full Version : Does this hairstyle look okay?

Orchid_28
July 13th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Im trying to experiment with my short hair and do different styles. This one I found to be alright....what do you think? it kind of looks like I have a french braid but all thats holding my hair up is a lot of bobby pins. I did tie the bottom part of my hair into a little pony tail but in my picture I left it down...It looks better with a pony tail...

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc357/cyang87_photo/camp031.jpg

I want to do the challenge of wearing your hair up for the rest of the year but didnt feel I could because of my short hair. I was thinking that I could wear my hair like this until it grows out. Bobby pins wouldnt damage my hair would it? Or tying my hair in a pony tail with a small elastic band? My bf says that if I tie my hair in a pony tail for awhile it can leave a dent...is that true?

Oh and my back is not that hairy lol. I just trimmed my hair ;)

frangipani
July 13th, 2009, 09:51 PM
I think this style is cute, i like it ! If you tie your hair and it has a 'dent' in it when you take it out , it goes back to normal when you wash your hair, or you could just mist it with water and brush it. Hair elastics with no metal parts are available and they don't snag the hair as much. I haven't had any luck with the plastic "snagless" ones though, personally

Coriander
July 13th, 2009, 10:18 PM
I like it. It looks similar to something I did with my hair when it was about your length. It looks complicated and elegant :D

PurpleAshes
July 13th, 2009, 10:39 PM
I don't like it much loose, but I think with a ponytail it would look awesome.
Don't get discouraged by your length to do the challenge. I did it too, starting with shoulder length and I lasted 115 days.
I really got to use my creativity with the challenge, and it feels great every time your realize that the length lets you do a new style!

Demetrue
July 13th, 2009, 10:49 PM
That's a cool idea, and for something formal, you could used hair pins with crystals on them and pin the tail part underneath with some bobby pins to look like a chignon/bun.

PurpleAshes
July 13th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Sorry double post :o

Amara
July 13th, 2009, 11:08 PM
I think it looks super cute! Bobby pins shouldn't damage your hair as long as you're careful putting them in and taking them out (some kinds of bobby pins like to pull a few hairs at upon removal). They'd also be in a slightly different place each time, I imagine, so that would reduce changes of long-term wear and tear on your hair.

NickalNack
July 13th, 2009, 11:17 PM
I think it's lovely. It kind of reminds me of a dolphin, in a good way.

tommiefromva
July 15th, 2009, 01:06 PM
It's really cute. your hair is pretty.

Fractalsofhair
July 15th, 2009, 01:47 PM
It's cute! I wouldn't suggest doing the same style in the exact same way each day, but mechanical damage is much less than bleaching and blow drying!

melrose1985
July 15th, 2009, 01:56 PM
I like it! Before i could get it all back (still a little short for styles) i did what ever i could to hold it back.

swanns
July 15th, 2009, 02:11 PM
I think it looks lovely, not too ordinary and very elegant :)