PDA

View Full Version : 3 Year LHC Anniversary

Coriander
July 13th, 2009, 08:27 PM
I joined LHC in July 2006 while growing my hair out from a January 2004 "Navy Boot Camp" cut. I found this site and was immediately enamoured with the friendliness, the information, and most of all, all the beautiful hair!!

Then I went back to college and "forgot" LHC in the midst of exams, classes, and my DBF moving out to be with me in November 2007! When he was first out here, I went with him to get my first professional haircut since I had joined LHC. They took probably a good 6" off and *gasp* cut fringe. During this time, I also colored it a few times, trying to get back to my natural reddish-brown.

About 8 months ago, I started seriously considering a huge haircut. I "tried on" different styles on hair websites but was stuck between two styles. Also, I didn't know if I really wanted to cut it, because I remembered so well the drama of growing it back out from an above-shoulder chop. I asked for opinions, pondered, pondered some more... and then I remembered the LHC.

Back I came in January of this year - and here I've been ever since. I am SO glad I didn't make the decision to cut all of my hair off!

Here is a timeline... The middle picture (July 2006) is my first back-of-head shot for LHC :D Below that is a length shot from June, and I'll update the length shot as soon as my camera is charged up tonight. I've gone from approximately 26-27" (July 2006) to 37.5" (July 2009). 10 inches doesn't seem like much, but I had a few trims and one good chop in there too. :rolleyes:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2409&pictureid=30102

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2409&pictureid=41385

I'm on my way to classic! :D

Thank you to everyone for helping make this board what it is - especially the board owners and the moderators. This has been a very pleasant place to come for hair stuff, but also for the friendships. I appreciate all of you! :grouphug:

may1em
July 13th, 2009, 08:33 PM
It looks great! And shiny and healthy, too. :)

kam984420
July 13th, 2009, 08:37 PM
It looks awesome! Happy growing!:cheese:

Amara
July 13th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Ooooh, it looks so good!!! Your story is a lot like mine. And we're both at 37.5"!

I'm glad neither one of us cut and we both found our way back to LHC. :)

Congrats on your approaching classic!

Koala Kim
July 13th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Very :thud: worthy!

Happy Anniversary!!! :happydance:

Coriander
July 13th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Thanks, guys! :D

This board is really the best! :p

patience
July 13th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair is so pretty! It's inching down to classic pretty fast :cheese:

dorothea-brooke
July 13th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Wow! That is pretty impressive growth, considering you had trims and a chop in there! :thud:

Your hair looks just fabulous! :cloud9:

Ndnlady
July 13th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Your hair looks great! You have made great progress!:)

Sceleste
July 14th, 2009, 02:31 AM
Happy anniversary Coriander, you have such beautiful hair!

Calista
July 14th, 2009, 02:45 AM
Wow, that looks like a lot of growth. Your hair is beautiful! :thud: And I am a little bit envious that you are almost at classic already.

And I wanted to mention how much I love your new signature pic. Those braids are so long and even! :bigeyes:

DavidN
July 14th, 2009, 02:52 AM
Congratulations, Coriander, on your 3 year LHC anniversary, and here's to many more years in our community! Thank you for sharing your inspirational photos with us, and what wonderful progress you have made. Your hair is so shiny and healthy!

Elly
July 14th, 2009, 04:02 AM
Happy anniversary from me aswell ^^ and very nice progress! Your hair looks amazing.

mellie
July 14th, 2009, 04:27 AM
Wow, from a Navy Boot Camp cut, that's amazing! So gorgeous, healthy and natural!! Congratulations!

cindy58
July 14th, 2009, 05:24 AM
Happy Anniversary! So many of us joined around the same time. Your hair looks great.

redneckprincess
July 14th, 2009, 06:11 AM
happy hair anniversary...congrats

amaiaisabella
July 14th, 2009, 06:59 AM
So pretty! And we're always glad to see you on here :)

paper
July 14th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Happy Anniversary! :flowers:

Great progress pictures! Your hair is so pretty now.

melrose1985
July 14th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Very nice!!! It looks really great!

ButterCup02
July 14th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Your hair is so gorgeous! It looks so healthy, you are definitely a hair inspiration :) Can't wait to see it at classic!

Shermie Girl
July 14th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Happy Anniversary! :cheese: Your hair is lovely and you have had wonderful growth. :D

Garnet66
July 14th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Congrats on your three year anniversary. Your hair is so beautiful.

AnneAdeline
July 14th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Happy anniversary! Your hair has come so far--it's gorgeous.

HisForever
July 14th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Happy anniversary! Your hair looks great! :)

Coriander
July 14th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Thank you everyone... I'm in humble awe of the support on this forum. :o

Wow, that looks like a lot of growth. Your hair is beautiful! :thud: And I am a little bit envious that you are almost at classic already.

And I wanted to mention how much I love your new signature pic. Those braids are so long and even! :bigeyes:

Those braids are only even because I braided one loosely to match the other... I'm not very good at getting exactly the same amount of hair in both braids. Now you know my secret :D ;)

Happy Anniversary! So many of us joined around the same time. Your hair looks great.

Isn't it funny how we have a lot of new Blabberfingers and a lot of anniversaries all at the same time? I love it! I love being able to celebrate an anniversary with a lot of other people :inlove:

aahavaa
July 14th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Happy Anniversary you have beautiful hair! Loved the timeline it's so encouraging for those of us who are growing patiently :)

coolbreeze212
July 14th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Happy Anniversary, Coriander!!! Your hair is beautiful!!:)

Rentlle
July 15th, 2009, 05:22 AM
congratz! :D
happy LHC-anniversery!
your hair realy looks great..:)
and the growth is realy A LOT :) "what LHC can do for you "... ;)

RavennaNight
July 15th, 2009, 06:22 AM
Happy Anniversary Coriander! Your hair looks so pretty and healthy and the color is so rich!;)

LutraLutra
July 15th, 2009, 06:32 AM
Yay! So much hair and great progress over the years. :)

Ryanne
July 15th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Beautiful hair! Happy Anniversary! That's one amazing hair journey.

Tressie
July 15th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Happy third anniversary to you!! You have made amazing progress and your hair is just wonderful! You'll be at classic before you realize it with your growth rate!!