PDA

View Full Version : How long did it take you?

NickalNack
July 13th, 2009, 01:04 PM
I just suddenly wondered, how long has it taken for your hair to reach the length it is now, from the length where you started (the moment you decided "Hey! I want long hair!")?

For me, it has taken seven months from where I started at 1" hair, to my now 5.3" collarbone length (stretched). :D

Jessikinz
July 13th, 2009, 01:21 PM
From my pixie length, it took four years to get to where my hair is now. ( Waist length )

swanns
July 13th, 2009, 01:25 PM
The answer is in my siggy :) 5 years from pixie to tailbone.

RancheroTheBee
July 13th, 2009, 01:29 PM
6 months from chin to almost-shoulder. ^^;

bluemoon1891
July 13th, 2009, 01:39 PM
It took one year, starting from APL, to get to where the length is now (at waist).

AJoifulNoise
July 13th, 2009, 01:41 PM
hmm... From shoulder to hip (with one 6" cut) it's taken me a bit over 4 years.

fae
July 13th, 2009, 01:44 PM
It has taken 5 years to grow it from a bob (chin?) to 40 inches. Thats about halfway down my butt, if you wanted a landmark. That's with 4 inches cut about two years apart.

BlndeInDisguise
July 13th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Nineteen years. ;) But about 17 1/2 of those years were hair-abuse years when I would rip a brush through it, and used a towel to dry it off really roughly, etc.

demitasse
July 13th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Two years and two months to get from an almost chin length bob to BSL. I donated my WL hair to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths in 2007. There's a two inch cut in there at one point too.

Never had a "I want long hair moment." Had long hair, donated it, and just started growing again. I missed it after I chopped it but it's just hair, right? It's growing back and in another year, I'll be right back where I started. And someone less fortunate than I can make use of my old hair. :)

Amara
July 13th, 2009, 02:20 PM
2 years and 10 months ago, I decided I wanted to grow long hair. I was at BSL, and I had been already growing for a while - but I was just following my usual cycle of growing from chin to BSL and chopping to chin and growing to BSL and chopping... :D I am about 1" away from tailbone.

neon-dream
July 13th, 2009, 02:27 PM
I've pretty much always had long hair :)

Longlocks3
July 13th, 2009, 02:29 PM
7 to 8 years ago I was at 'nape' length. I'm at TBL now about three inches from classic. But I did have quite a few trims during that time, ranging from an inch to a couple inches.

HairColoredHair
July 13th, 2009, 02:30 PM
... I really despise that question, actually. :lol: Everyone asks that I can't answer!

Grew from where?

My head? No idea, I kept cutting the dratted thing.

From where I stopped cutting it? I don't remember my last haircut.

etc, etc, etc...

(From joining LHC is about three years, I think, and I started with damaged hair above tailbone, if I remember right.)

terriej
July 13th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Two years from the length in my first picture to tail-bone. But really only my longest hairs reach my tailbone. My layers still have not grown together and the shortest layers are about hip length. (with my hair totally straight). When it's dry and wavy, it all looks about waist to hip length. I have that thing though where my hair doesn't look very long to me.

ericthegreat
July 13th, 2009, 02:39 PM
I've actually had my hair long(or long for a male) for over ten years now. I've had my hair long since the summer of 1999! All throughout high school and into my first year at University I had between bob and just below shoulder length. In 2002, I made the decision to grow out my hair for the long haul, that year it was just below my shoulders. In the beginning I used to trim quite often because this was pre-LHC and I of course believed the "you must trim your hair every 6-8 weeks" lie that all money hungry hairstylists tell you.

I haven't had ANY trims since Feb 02 of this year and that was only a dusting all around. I plan on seeing where terminal falls on me, so I'm in it to win it as they say!

thankyousir74
July 13th, 2009, 02:44 PM
it's taken me almost three years from pixie to APL

viking_quest
July 13th, 2009, 02:53 PM
1.5 years from pixie to APL with one haircut from shoulder to chin.

redneckprincess
July 13th, 2009, 03:00 PM
from pixie to just past shoulder leingth with a 4-5" trim a few months back has taken me just over a year

Heidi_234
July 13th, 2009, 03:20 PM
10 years and counting. Darn hairstylists! :angry:

DiyaC
July 13th, 2009, 03:28 PM
I've gone from chin to BSL in under 2 years - this with regular trims once every 3 months, two of which were 3-inch chops. My ends are still straggly, thin, split and not at all blunt (I don't want to hijack this thread by starting a rant, so I better stop now).

akilina
July 13th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Hmm..well just about exactly a year ago I cut off all my damage to get a nice new start in an A line. My very shortest hairs in the underneath were about an inch long. Now a year later my hair is longer than it was when I cut it. Past my collar bone at that:] I really needed to get rid of that damage. None of my new hair growth was showing. If I hadn't made that move it wouldn't be this long now.

jojo
July 13th, 2009, 04:31 PM
its taken me 3 years and 7 months to get from pixie to just short of waist

lora410
July 13th, 2009, 04:32 PM
see siggy pict..LOL

ReddishRocks
July 13th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Pixie to BSL in 2 years. No kidding. :) I find it hard to believe myself when I look at the photos! ETA - I uploaded some pics to an album if anyone wants to look. ;) I keep a more detailed hair history on my blog.

NeilTheFuzz
July 13th, 2009, 05:49 PM
It has taken my hair a rather mighty seven and a half years to reach the length it has gotten to. It's not growing much these days, I think it probably wont get much longer from now on :(

masterofmidgets
July 13th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Five years from a short pixie to tailbone length, give or take a little.

Curlsgirl
July 13th, 2009, 06:10 PM
From shoulder to waist took about 3 1/2 years with lots of trims to get rid of layers and damage.

julya
July 13th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Pixie to thigh in 6 years.

nicolezoie
July 13th, 2009, 06:27 PM
From hips (36") to lower-calf/upper-ankle (63") 7 years. That includes at least 18 inches of trims.

RoseRedDead
July 13th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Approximately 2 1/2 years from about-shoulder to almost-waist... Urgh... still not waist, though. Very frustrating.

tarn
July 13th, 2009, 07:18 PM
It has taken me nearly 2 years to go from shoulder to BSL. I have one of those tall body types that will take me forever to reach hair goals. Sigh.

Fairlight63
July 13th, 2009, 07:41 PM
It has taken me 2 yrs. to get from chin length, layers to get to BSL also had some micro trims in there also, just to even up the ends.

Flynn
July 13th, 2009, 07:48 PM
1" to waist+ with trims (two to four a year, "hairdresser trims") in under four years.

may1em
July 13th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Just over three years from ear in back to waist. I've been maintaining for thicker ends since last summer.

Themyst
July 13th, 2009, 08:36 PM
This is something I get asked a lot when I go out with my hair down. "How long did it take to grow it?" And I never really know what to answer, since my hair has always been at least shoulder length. Goodness, I don't really remember when I even started to try and get it really long. :hmm:

Laylah
July 13th, 2009, 08:40 PM
A little more than two years to get from APL to waist, with about three trims along the way.

daydreamer
July 13th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Almost 3 years from chin to hip, with some trims in between (June I cut back to waist).

ChatoyantLocks
July 13th, 2009, 08:54 PM
It took me 16 years to get from just above shoulder to knee.

GlassEyes
July 13th, 2009, 08:56 PM
With time for trims and bleach damage, it took me three or four years to get to just past collarbone length dry, APL stretched. ):

nowxisxforever
July 13th, 2009, 09:16 PM
I started at about chin-length and it's taken me since I was probably...14 or 15 when that was... I'm 21 now. I'm at Classic. I also had a lot of damage and a few trims in my teens.

adiapalic
July 13th, 2009, 09:27 PM
From my shoulders when I was 7, til my tailbone at 22. Several of those years were my hair being kept at waist length with trims, and extremely unhealthy from improper washing/brushing, etc. It was a lot thinner.

It wasn't until about two years ago that I really started taking care of my hair (thanks to LHC) :)

Ash
July 14th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Around 5 years or so from when I shaved my head to slightly below waist. That includes a few trims to get rid of the poodle look and periodic microtrims from BSL to now to thicken up the ends.

kaminagai
July 14th, 2009, 12:10 AM
The answer is in my siggy :) 5 years from pixie to tailbone.

That's a cool transformation. The long hair looks so shiny and healthy.

Elanor
July 14th, 2009, 12:14 AM
It took me 1 year to go from almost BSL to waist with trims.

lacereza
July 14th, 2009, 12:15 AM

82exoticbeauty
July 24th, 2009, 08:12 PM
my hair is now hip length, so it took me 6 months from middle of my bra cups(about 1 inch below middle of my top bra cups, the front side of me, not behind my back) onto the hip length!

Sif
July 24th, 2009, 08:16 PM
I started at shoulder length 4 years ago and I am at my lower back now.

82exoticbeauty
July 24th, 2009, 08:25 PM
wait . . . I made a mistake about that, it's about 7 months for it to grow from 1 inch below the front side middle of my bra cups to my hips! I actually started taking it with vitamins around somewhere December 2008 because my hair didn't grow much on September-November. I had colored my hair 2 times in August- September over doing it because it didn't grow! :mad: :(ruined my growth rate also, like it stalled before I took vitamins and hair oilings! But, it's back to it's health and growth now!:)

So that's about 7 months from starting somewhere December 2008 - July 2009 of growth! About somewhere closer to the month of September 2008-November, didn't had no growth because the over doing the coloring hair into Burgundy!

Shiva
July 24th, 2009, 08:33 PM
I've been growing my hair long for all my life. The shortest I've ever been is shoulder length.

Right now I am recovering from some damage and my only goal is BSL.

JamieLeigh
July 27th, 2009, 08:01 AM
I was ten years old when I decided HEY I WANT LONG HAIR!!! And with no trims, I went from shoulder length to nearly knee in 7 years. I got it trimmed back to just under BSL after that, and I immediately said HEY I WANT MY LONG HAIR BACK!!! But I trimmed and kept it neat and even the next time around. I was also growing out fringe. It took lots of maintaining at just above TB to get the fringe to grow out...so I guess that was 5 years of growth to get from BSL to TB...5 years worth of maintaining at TB until my fringe caught up with the rest...and 2 years to get to 43"...and I've had several trims, a couple of them 2" at least, along the way in the past 2 years. :)

My answers are always complicated. lol

Long_hair_guy
July 27th, 2009, 08:43 AM
It took me under 2 years to grow out my hair from short back and sideish (it was grown out a bit) to it growing down.

The thing is that I didn't notice that my hair grew so fast. I was walking passed a shop window then noticed my hair. Even now it doesn't feel long

Elbereth
July 27th, 2009, 08:57 AM
I have been growing my hair almost exactly 8 years now. I started from bald, and now have hip length hair (few cm's short of TB). During this time, I have had some periods of maintaining my hair at a certain length, and especially in the beginning, I trimmed frequently. But for that time, my goal has been to grow my hair. :)

paintedmuse
July 27th, 2009, 09:20 AM
It took me 1.5 years to get from just above shoulder to BSL. I trimmed an inch last month, other than that no trims. :)

Rohele
July 27th, 2009, 09:34 AM
It has taken me a year to go from an angled bob to just above APL with a slight U shaped hemline.

pradabacon
July 27th, 2009, 10:13 AM
I've gone from a bit longer than chin-length to hip in 4 years.