PDA

View Full Version : Who else has a DH or BF that says silly things about your hair?

Alaskanheart
April 11th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Okay so I have to admit, im having a not so good hair day/week/month.Ive been keeping it up alot so I am not frustrated by it. I honestly think I need a trim, but since my last cut I get freaked out by just the thought of going to a stylist.See my Album for further detail.:hatchet:I dont want to get chopped when I have been working so hard to get my hair in better condition.

Anyway to the point of the post.My husband asks me if I feel like going out tonight, I said yes.

After a few moments of silence, (Im reading and he's playing video games.)

He says, why dont you start getting ready now, so we can leave? I say" I am ready, why dont I look ready"?

He says "yes but you usually do your hair really nice when we go out".

At this point Im thinking ;Do my hair nice?Ive been airdrying and letting it be for the last 6 months.:confused:

So I ask."How does it usually look?"

He says "I dont know just nice and Pouffy".

Pouffy?lol.I cant believe he thinks pouffy and hair should ever be put into a complimentary sentence to a women!:crazyq:I almost died laughing.

At least he thinks I usually "do it" nice, when in fact it just naturally dries like that.I decided to take it as a compliment.

What a bonehead though, it just goes to show how clueless men can be when it comes to that type of thing.:rolleyes:

Anyone else has a guy who is as clueless as mine?

Kittee
April 11th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Yes!

But mine is so sweet. =) He loves my long hair and anytime I threaten to cut it he always "tisk's" me!

prosperina
April 11th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Maybe by poufy he meant full and voluminous? :D Sometimes people (especially some men) aren't down with the acceptable vocabulary. But yeah, I agree that's kind of strange. Or your hair has looked so good for the past 6 months, he assumed you spent lots more time on it than you had?

Alaskanheart
April 11th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Maybe by poufy he meant full and voluminous? :D Sometimes people (especially some men) aren't down with the acceptable vocabulary. But yeah, I agree that's kind of strange. Or your hair has looked so good for the past 6 months, he assumed you spent lots more time on it than you had?

Yes I think he did mean Full. Lol. I had it in a plain ponytail and it was quite oily.I had no intention on going out like that I just wanted to see what he would say:D.

SHELIAANN1969
April 11th, 2008, 08:56 PM
The only thing my bf really harps on is how he REALLYYYYYY loved my natural color, darkish strawberry bonde, I was tired of it and wanted to henna, he moaned about it for a month but now he loves it, I actually have HIM do my application for me because he is so gentle and doest harm a hair on my head, but my sister is a mean ole roughneck who hurts my head, I am so tender-headed.

Also, he know that I cannot STAND the color red, as in clothes, cars, etc, so he asks me "If you hate red so much, why do you want red hair"?

I'm like, Its different!! Red hair is hot, sexy and sassy!! *and it isnt red like a shirt or a car*

Crazy man...lol

Nat242
April 11th, 2008, 08:58 PM
My partner loves my hair, and often comments on how "awesome" my "big" hair is. It's not long, it's "big". I have sort of thick hair, but it's not curly or anything...I don't know where "big" comes from :D I love to hear it anyway!

-- Natalie

Feisty Redhead
April 11th, 2008, 09:04 PM
My boyfriend always tells me he loves my hair. The only specific thing he ever mentions is how he loves that I'm a redhead. Beyond that though it's just "I love your hair just like I love the rest of you." So he's not good with details about my hair, but he's still super sweet. :inlove:

Anje
April 11th, 2008, 09:13 PM
My husband loves "big hair," and I think this is quite normal to men. He would love it if I had hair "like a country-western singer." If I had curly hair, he'd want it brushed so I had huge pouffy hair.

Unfortunately, I don't have hair that gets much horizontal volume. I'm going for "vertical volume" instead.

mommy101405
April 11th, 2008, 09:15 PM
My dh has made the poufy hair comment before too. I think its a positive when he says it.

I know whenever he says its "nice" that he doesnt really like it.

Delilah
April 11th, 2008, 10:05 PM
My boyfriend tells me he loves my hair, frequently. He's been with me since before I started growing and comments when I put it up in a new way or when it seems longer. He still likes it best down, but he thinks hairsticks are se*y.
His hair is longer than mine, but he's a foot taller too. His is 2c and I've managed to get him out of daily shampooing (with the cheapest available shampoo no less). After a bit of experimentation he has settled on a curly-friendly routine of a water rinse every 2 days and a CO wash every 2 weeks or so.

AlleyKitten
April 12th, 2008, 12:22 AM
My boyfriend tends to make plaintive comments about how pretty my hair is and how much he likes it down if I've been restraining it too much recently -- I usually take the hint and leave it down for a day. He almost always comments on it when I'm combing it out before bed, usually something like "wow, it's getting really long". It's really sweet!

One time, when I was moaning about having two or three inches chopped off by a hairdresser during a "trim" (aaaaarrrrg!!), he offered to trim my hair next time, saying "and you know I'd only take off a quarter-inch, since what I want is to see your braid down to here" (my tailbone). It makes me really happy to know that he wants my hair longer too! :D

hrimfaxi
April 12th, 2008, 12:57 AM
DBF isn't particularly silly about my hair, except when he tries to take it out of a braid (he likes it down)--he will take the tie out at the bottom, and then try to comb his fingers through starting at the top! I've explained to him a couple of times that it simply will not work that way, but... :silly:
If I mention cutting it, he goes "No!" in a tone of voice as though I am simply disallowed from doing so. :lol : Silly boy. He'd let me cut it if I really wanted to, but he'd be sad.

Riot Crrl
April 12th, 2008, 01:15 AM
The only strife, and it isn't much, is that DH likes for me to have blonde hair. The upkeep of that just began to not work for me, so I heard about henna and started researching that. I have always loved red, personally. DH at first argued that he liked blonde better, but when I began to educate him about henna, he reluctantly admitted that it made him sick for two days every time I used a drugstore blonde box. !!! He never said anything about it in the 14 years I've been using them!

He says he's used to red on me now and likes it. And he doesn't get sick from it. :)

He does not necessarily like when I talk about getting hair cut off, but he always likes it after. And they are always amounts that I still have "long hair" by most standards, not a pixie or anything.

zelah
April 12th, 2008, 01:25 AM
If I mention cutting it, he goes "No!" in a tone of voice as though I am simply disallowed from doing so. :lol : Silly boy. He'd let me cut it if I really wanted to, but he'd be sad.

Lol, mine does the same thing. It's so cute. :D I love that he loves long hair.

Alaskanheart
April 12th, 2008, 01:35 AM
My dh has made the poufy hair comment before too. I think its a positive when he says it.

I know whenever he says its "nice" that he doesnt really like it.

Yeah its definately a positive comment, I know he means soft, and volume, lively... not frizzy and fried like I imagine pouffy to mean.

He's such a guy, not a bit of metro in him, and I think he feels funny saying more descriptive words about girly things like hair.I think its cute.He tries.

He has always liked my natural color, and used to beg me not to color because he knows it isnt good for my hair, and would say "but your natural color is already perfect".

And when I cut it he always acted like he liked it to be nice, but I know he's wanted it long like it was when I met him.He's happy I am growing it out, and I think he wants me to wear it down so he can see it:)

magicatt
April 12th, 2008, 05:57 AM
My DH came up with one the other day. I have frizz issues with my ends. I had been using oils to keep it in line but it was leaving my hair greasy. I finally found a really great shampoo/conditioner combo and my hair was soft and sleek--no frizz but not greasy. When DH saw me, he said, "Oh, your hair is flat." Flat?! I know what he meant, but "flat" isn't a good compliment either.

birthmarkie
April 12th, 2008, 06:12 AM
The other week I casually mentioned that I was going through an awkward growth phase and he said that maybe when growing long hair, it's good to get a trim every once in a while. :ohmy:

Been there, done that. Maybe next year. He knows better now, poor thing, I told him that I didn't want him to take the role of suggesting trims or haircuts to me.

paper
April 12th, 2008, 06:20 AM
Cute stories :D

My husband tells me almost every day that he loves my long hair. I find this funny and giggle everytime because it's not long. But, I am growing it and he's happy about that. Also, I got my bangs cut different about week ago. And, he told me several times he loves my new bangs. He said I have a style now :cool: What ever that means lol.

biggeorge
April 12th, 2008, 06:39 AM
What a bonehead though, it just goes to show how clueless men can be when it comes to that type of thing.:rolleyes:

What a great thread! I've been LMAO on this one!

You have to realize that men and women speak the same language, just different dialects. I think guys having to defend comments made in complete innocence is part of the natural order.

One poster made the comment about "nothing metro about my guy". Most guys' response would be "Thank you, thank you, thank you . . . ."!

It's no secret that guys tend to be more direct. And yes, pouffy can be a compliment when meaning full and voluminous. Acceptable vocabulary for us is quite different!

If anything about me was ever described as "cute" it would mean that I would have to go change it immediately!

And when contemplating cutting your long hair, that "no" voice of authority is usually one step before the "no" voice of absolute pleading! Most guys love long hair on a woman, be it fat, flat, pouffy, big, etc.

I've posted this on the LHC before, but it is again appropriate here. Please excuse the length but this is one of my all-time favorite pieces on the differences between men and women.

Assume a guy named Roger is attracted to a woman named Elaine. He asks her out to a movie; she accepts; they have a pretty good time. A few nights later he asks her out to dinner, and again they enjoy themselves. They continue to see each other regularly, and after a while neither one of them is seeing anybody else.

And then, one evening when they’re driving home, a thought occurs to Elaine, and, without really thinking, she says it aloud: “Do you realize that, as of tonight, we’ve been seeing each other for exactly six months?”

And then there is silence in the car. To Elaine, it seems like a very loud silence. She thinks to herself: Geez, I wonder if it bothers him that I said that. Maybe he’s been feeling confined by our relationship; maybe he thinks I’m trying to push him into some kind of obligation that he doesn’t want, or isn’t sure of.

And Roger is thinking: Gosh. Six months.

And Elaine is thinking: But, hey, I’m not so sure I want this kind of relationship, either. Sometimes I wish I had a little more space, so I’d have time to think about whether I really want us to keep going the way we are, moving steadily toward . . . I mean, where are we going? Are we just going to keep seeing each other at this level of intimacy? Are we heading toward marriage? Toward children? Toward a lifetime together? Am I ready for that level of commitment? Do I really even know this person?

And Roger is thinking: . . . so that means it was . . . let’s see . . . February when we started going out, which was right after I had the car at the dealer’s, which means . . . lemme check the odometer . . .Whoa! I am way overdue for an oil change here.

And Elaine is thinking: He’s upset. I can see it on his face. Maybe I’m reading this completely wrong. Maybe he wants more from our relationship, more intimacy, more commitment; maybe he has sensed even before I sensed it—that I was feeling some reservations. Yes, I bet that’s it. That’s why he’s so reluctant to say anything about his own feelings. He’s afraid of being rejected.

And Roger is thinking: And I’m gonna have them look at the transmission again. I don’t care what those morons say, it’s still not shifting right. And they better not try to blame it on the cold weather this time. What cold weather? It’s 87 degrees out, and this thing is shifting like a damned garbage truck, and I paid those incompetent thieves $600.

And Elaine is thinking: He’s angry. And I don’t blame him. I’d be angry, too. God, I feel so guilty, putting him through this, but I can’t help the way I feel. I’m just not sure.

And Roger is thinking: They’ll probably say it’s only a 90- day warranty. That’s exactly what they’re gonna say, the scumballs.

And Elaine is thinking: Maybe I’m just too idealistic, waiting for a knight to come riding up on his white horse, when I’m sitting right next to a perfectly good person, a person I enjoy being with, a person I truly do care about, a person who seems to truly care about me. A person who is in pain because of my self-centered, schoolgirl romantic fantasy.

And Roger is thinking: Warranty? They want a warranty? I’ll give them a damned warranty. I’ll take their warranty and stick it right up their..

“Roger,” Elaine says aloud.

‘What?” says Roger, startled.

“Please don’t torture yourself like this,” she says, her eyes beginning to brim with tears. “Maybe I should never have. . . Oh God, I feel so. . .”

(She breaks down, sobbing.)

‘What?” says Roger.

“I’m such a fool,” Elaine sobs. “I mean, I know there’s no knight. I really know that. It’s silly. There’s no knight, and there’s no horse.”

“There’s no horse?” says Roger.

“You think I’m a fool, don’t you?” Elaine says.

“No!” says Roger, glad to finally know a correct answer.

“It’s just that. . . It’s that I . . . I need some time,” Elaine says.

(There is a 15-second pause while Roger, thinking as fast as he can, tries to come up with a safe response. Finally he comes up with one that he thinks might work.)

“Yes,” he says.

(Elaine, deeply moved, touches his hand.) “Oh, Roger, do you really feel that way?” she says.

“What way?” says Roger.

“That way about time,” says Elaine.

“Oh,” says Roger. “Yes.”

(Elaine turns to face him and gazes deeply into his eyes, causing him to become very nervous about what she might say next, especially if it involves a horse. At last she speaks.) “Thank you, Roger,” she says.

“Thank you,” says Roger.

Then he takes her home, and she lies on her bed, a conflicted, tortured soul, and weeps until dawn, whereas when Roger gets back to his place, he opens a bag of Doritos, turns on the TV, and immediately becomes deeply involved in a rerun of a tennis match between two Czechoslovakians he never heard of. A tiny voice in the far recesses of his mind tells him that something major was going on back there in the car, but he is pretty sure there is no way he would ever understand what, and so he figures it’s better if he doesn’t think about it.

The next day Elaine will call her closest friend, or perhaps two of them, and they will talk about this situation for six straight hours. In painstaking detail, they will analyze everything she said and everything he said, going over it time and time again, exploring every word, expression, and gesture for nuances of meaning, considering every possible ramification. They will continue to discuss this subject, off and on, for weeks, maybe months, never reaching any definite conclusions, but never getting bored with it, either.

Meanwhile, Roger, while playing racquetball one day with a mutual friend of his and Elaine’s, will pause just before serving, frown, and say: “Norm, did Elaine ever own a horse?”

Lamb
April 12th, 2008, 06:59 AM
George, that was priceless!! :rollin:

LisaButz2001
April 12th, 2008, 01:33 PM
BigOgre I LOVED your post! You are so right! If I use the word "cute" in reference to a man, it's meant to signify "handsome" or "attractive" For a man though, it sets off warning bells. Alternatively, I once accused a male friend of not complimenting me enough, he, in turn, was highly affronted and promptly advised me that if he complimented me any more often he'd need to have his head surgically removed from my @$$. Rude, I know, but it communicated the same point you did, same language, different dialect.

Alaskanheart
April 12th, 2008, 11:15 PM
That story is hilarious! Yes same language different dialect makes sense.

paper
April 13th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Great story George. And so true!

Druid of Alba
April 13th, 2008, 06:54 AM
I have a mom who always complains about my hair, :p

khyricat
April 13th, 2008, 07:01 AM
great comment george...

DH loves my hair long, but wishes I would leave it down more.. and hated when I got it chopped.. he actually found an obscure still on the books MI law that says a man owns his wife's hair and she can't get it cut without his permission, since right now we're on the same track thats ok, but I still think its cute... but when I reach a length that is too much I'm stopping and he'll have to cope.. he thinks I should go for at least classic if not terminal (I think my terminal may be before classic, but we'll see)

Amie

Amoretti
April 13th, 2008, 07:24 AM
BigGeorge, that was hilarious and so, so true!!!

Patrycja
April 13th, 2008, 07:32 AM
My boyfriend tells me he loves my hair, frequently. He's been with me since before I started growing and comments when I put it up in a new way or when it seems longer. He still likes it best down, but he thinks hairsticks are se*y.

Lucky you.I have to practically stick my head in his face to get him to notice a new do that I've came up with.He does say that he is happy that I've decided to grow it out though.

Just the other day,we got sunburnt at the zoo and I told him that I had aloe at the house.After he used it,I noticed that it's almost gone and told him I needed to go buy more soon since I use it on my hair.You all should have seen the look on his face :confused: :confused: :confused: It was too funny.I'm surprised that he doesn't know a darn thing about hair care anything-his mom has tailbone length.

tiny_teesha
April 13th, 2008, 07:46 AM
biggeorge- that was all true! HAHA

Well i can't put too much input as i've only ever had 2 bfs and i hope it stays that way. my first didn't really say much- stuck to safe words and wouldn't put me down. My second one said his hair was better then mine and bagged me out.
Yeh..i don't like him anymore!

akiss4lexie
May 19th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Awwww, some of you have such cute stories!

When my current boyfriend met me, my hair was about shoulder length and practically blonde. A few months prior, a stylist had chopped my almost-waist hair to shoulders, and I had also gotten some sessions of highlights. After the first night we met, he said he recognized me by my hair, haha.

We had been dating about a month when I told him I really wanted to grow my hair out. I showed him pictures of waist or tailbone hair from online, and he said "No! That's too much hair!" But I started growing anyways...

Now it's a year and a few months later, and his attitude has totally changed. He loves my natural color, and has told me, "If I were you, I'd never dye over your color." He's also said on a number of occasions that he definitely prefers my hair long - and has asked me to never ever cut it short, even when I go gray. Plus, I no longer straighten or heat style my hair, so he likes the fact that it doesn't take me very long to get ready to go anywhere.

Lately, he's been doing this cute thing; if we're snuggling on the couch, he'll pretend to eat my hair. :laugh: I have no idea why, but I don't really mind. I think it's nice to have a partner so accepting of my hair (and my body, personality, etc, too), and I'm glad he's supportive of my goals.

Oh, I'd also like to point out to everyone, that having a man that isn't as observant can sometimes have benefits. Whenever I complain about my hair looking scraggly, or my ends getting thin, DBF just shrugs and says "looks nice to me." Nice to know at least someone is a fan. :)

TheSpottedCow
May 19th, 2008, 11:08 PM
My BF talks about it being "fluffy" all the time. But I think that's because I don't wash it very often LOL. He doesn't say "oh you washed your hair" he goes "ITS FLUFFY TODAY". And if I complain like "oh, it's dry, see how it puffs out" he goes "but IT'S FLUFFY"

But I guess that's a good thing, because my hair is fluffy when I just wash, dry, and don't fuss with it at all. If I sat there and flat ironed it, and covered it in shine spray and clipped it up, he'd ask why it isn't fluffy.

akurah
May 19th, 2008, 11:16 PM
My BF talks about it being "fluffy" all the time. But I think that's because I don't wash it very often LOL. He doesn't say "oh you washed your hair" he goes "ITS FLUFFY TODAY". And if I complain like "oh, it's dry, see how it puffs out" he goes "but IT'S FLUFFY"

But I guess that's a good thing, because my hair is fluffy when I just wash, dry, and don't fuss with it at all. If I sat there and flat ironed it, and covered it in shine spray and clipped it up, he'd ask why it isn't fluffy.

Your boyfriend sounds hilarious!

and biggeorge, thank you for that story. My boyfriend figured out real quick my brain goes off the deep in like Elaine much of the time, so whenever I get upset the first words out of his mouth tend to be, "Whatever is going on inside your head is only going on inside your head, sweetie, not out here. I'm not (insert adjective here) at you." or something in that vein.

walkinglady
May 20th, 2008, 12:03 AM

Anyone else has a guy who is as clueless as mine?

Aren't they all :confused:

kimki
May 20th, 2008, 12:23 AM
That was a great story, and sounded very familar! :D

The guy I had my last relationship had a TALENT for giving awful compliments. For example...

Me: My hair looks really messy today
Him: Don't worry it goes with your jacket

Us shopping
Me: Right I'm looking for a dress, I know that I'm still a 10 so I could wear an old one if I have to.
Him: Hmm still a 10? Are you sure?

I've had the 'fluffy hair' comment as well. In the end he just got this panicked look on his face whenever I said...

'How does .... look?'

So he'd end up stalling desperatly trying to find a 'good' compliment and then I would start thinking 'Oh god I must look bad' :D

liseling
May 20th, 2008, 05:50 AM
A year or so ago one of my good friends inadvertently reminded me that he is also a guy. I have quite curly hair and I got it cut from being almost to the small of my back to being just about shoulder length - Big Change! When I saw him again for the first time since my cut he didnt say anything about it and after waiting for ages for him to comment I finally asked him what he thought. He hadnt even noticed!!! When I asked him how such an enormous change could possible go unnoticed he said "Oh, I just thought that it was more curly today or something" What?!?!?

biggeorge
May 20th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Me: My hair looks really messy today
Him: Don't worry it goes with your jacket

Me: Right I'm looking for a dress, I know that I'm still a 10 so I could wear an old one if I have to.
Him: Hmm still a 10? Are you sure?

I'm LMAO here! And I'm sure he thought he was being helpful and supportive! http://www.cosgan.de/images/more/bigs/c015.gif

Hypnotica
May 20th, 2008, 06:19 AM
My Dear Beloved doesn't say too much about my hair, except:

- He asks if he should save the leftovers from drinner "in case I want to put it on my hair". :D
- He thinks bum-lenght is enough.
- He have examined ALL my hair pretties CLOSELY, especially those made of wood and is VERY familiar with Graydogs and their prices.

lora410
May 20th, 2008, 06:35 AM
mine always say to me "now what are you putting in your hair" or when I complain eh will say "yeah thats because you put all that crap in your hair" Little does he realize it is disgustingly healthy and soft because of all that "crap I put in my hair" :lol:

Awalia
May 20th, 2008, 07:10 AM
My boyfriend hates the smell of ACV and always complains when i use it while we are in shower together :D Well, i think i understand him... He is always creeped out when i tell him what i am putting in my hair.
When we met first time i had bleched blonde hair, and after i had dyed my hair with henna he said that he prefered it i blonde =( that really hurt me. I had been talking about coloring my hair red before i did it and he did not say anything before it was done. I'm glad that he is now used on my red hair and likes it.

longhairdreams
May 20th, 2008, 09:49 AM
DH has said some pretty silly things about hair.But I've talked his leg off about haircare so now he knows just as much as i do.

Yesterday I was talking about getting a cut

Me- I really need a cut but dont want to lose any length.
DH-You should just grow to BSL! and then cut it.

He then gave the stinkeye,since he was annoyed with himself for knowing what BSL is.LOL

Islandgrrl
May 20th, 2008, 10:03 AM
I think my DH is pretty cool about my hair obsession.

He is the one who always looks for cool vintage (or not so vintage) hairtoys when we go thrift shopping.

He loves my red hair, and when I told him I was going to henna his only concern was that it would still be red (he didn't have a clue about henna).

When I asked him how long he thought I should grow it, he had the perfect answer: As long as you want it!

Gotta love the guy!!! :)

kimki
May 20th, 2008, 10:31 AM
I'm LMAO here! And I'm sure he thought he was being helpful and supportive! http://www.cosgan.de/images/more/bigs/c015.gif

Exactly!! :D

Elainehali
May 20th, 2008, 10:31 AM
The other day I had my hair up in a sock bun and my boyfriend sticks his finger in the dimple in the center of the bun and says, "hahah I got my finger in your bun hole!"

I tried not to laugh or encourage such supidity, but it was just too funny.:rollin:

flapjack
May 20th, 2008, 10:46 AM
^ Whoa, we have the same hair type! :D

Sorry, I hadn't seen anyone else around with it... hahaha.

Okay, what was I going to say... my boyfriend is a nerd. We've been together almost 3 years now, so he has definitely gotten more comfortable in his speech, hahahaha. I guess he didn't like really long hair before he met me and had no real interest in it. When I met him, my hair was blonde and about bsl, with bangs and layers.

He's always touching it and stroking it. In the car, when walking around, while watching tv, etc. He grumbles if it gets in his way doing something or when I "take too long" in the shower, but other than that I think he might like it more than I do. He asked me if I would ever cut my hair and I said, "...." and he said "NO! You never will now! Hahaha. That's fine with me because I like it." and that's that, hahaha.

spidermom
May 20th, 2008, 10:55 AM
We LHCers are so proud of all the options we have for our long hair. To my husband, there are exactly 2 ways that I can wear my hair:
1) Pulled back
2) Down and loose

That's it!

talula_fairie
May 20th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Mine isn't clueless, really, but he wants my hair to be long, long, long all the time. He totally doesn't have any idea how much effort is involved in that on my part with my thick, wavy, coarse hair. Meep.

kimki
May 20th, 2008, 11:53 AM
The other day I had my hair up in a sock bun and my boyfriend sticks his finger in the dimple in the center of the bun and says, "hahah I got my finger in your bun hole!"

I tried not to laugh or encourage such supidity, but it was just too funny.:rollin:

Hahaha! I laughed loudly when I read that. :D

MeganS
May 20th, 2008, 12:01 PM
I posted this story in a different thread, but it's far more appropriate here:

My DH said to me, when I mentioned I was thinking of letting my hair grow til waist length, "I don't actually care for hair much beyond shoulder length." I gave him the hairy eyeball and said, "Oh, really?" He said, "Yeah, it looks kind of, I don't know, hippy-ish longer than that." I pointed out that my hair was really not all that far from waist length and quite a bit longer than shoulder length. He said, "No, it's not!" [NB: I was wearing my hair long.] I turned around and showed him. "Oh!" And then the backpedaling began. It was kinda cute.

I then pointed out that in public, I wear nothing but ankle length skirts, and the discussion devolved from there about whether I looked more "hippy" or "Amish." :laugh:

Missa
May 20th, 2008, 02:08 PM
awwwww. My boyfriend is a light blonde with a hint of strawberry and he always talks about how much he loves my red hair and how our kids are going to be carrot tops. He seems very happy about this.
When I asked him how long I should grow my hair he said "I think the best length is to your elbow" ahahahhha. I said "so waist length then" ? And he said "Oh, yeah!!! I guess that's the same thing" What a dunderhead! But he loves to play with my hair. If I ever cut it he would cry for sure (not kidding).

My boyfriend
http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/8137/2505961258dcd8c487bbmen3.th.jpg (http://img395.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2505961258dcd8c487bbmen3.jpg)

Curlyredhead
May 20th, 2008, 04:34 PM

LMAO..that was too funny!
:rollin:

Rustella
May 20th, 2008, 06:36 PM
I think my DH is pretty cool about my hair obsession.

When I asked him how long he thought I should grow it, he had the perfect answer: As long as you want it!

Gotta love the guy!!! :)

You've got that one trained, girl! :cheese:

Rustella
May 20th, 2008, 06:43 PM
[quote=Hypnotica;117678]My Dear Beloved doesn't say too much about my hair, except:

- He asks if he should save the leftovers from drinner "in case I want to put it on my hair". :D
quote]

LOL! :eek: