PDA

View Full Version : Growing out my henna (pics)

Flowerfairy
July 13th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Hi :flower:

It's been a whole while since I've posted here, but I've been lurking at these boards again and it's just such a fun place :eyebrows:.

I am currently growing out my henna. In the beginning it was a mess, but right now, Im actually starting to like my two coloured hair :) I stopped henna-dying for many reasons. I liked the colour in the evening, or in fake-light, but I hated it in direct sunlight. My skin is quite pale and my hair was SO bright, it didn't make me feel good about myself. So I went for a more natural look growing out my own colour.

(I'm sorry, I put links, I couldn't get the pictures to show.)

This is my hennaed hair:

http://img7.imageshack.us/i/img1695u.jpg/

This is what my hair looks like right now:

http://img29.imageshack.us/i/img0922eul.jpg/

http://img406.imageshack.us/i/img1224.jpg/

(Sorry-fluffyness)

And the weird thing is...from the point where my virgin hair goes over into hennaed hair, it's so much thinner...It really shows the most in a braid..I'll try to catch a picture of that. Weird huh?!

I was wondering if any of you out there were also growing out their hennaed locks? Do you miss anything about your reddisch locks? For me, it would be the smell of henna, I loved it :crush:

Love, FF

tommiefromva
July 13th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Your hair is so beautifull now

Curlsgirl
July 13th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Your hair is sooooooooooo pretty with or without the henna! Maybe you could do cassia treatments if you miss the smell or does it smell the same? I have used the cassia but not henna so I am not sure.

RavennaNight
July 13th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Wow your hair looks so pretty two-toned like that! Did you do honey lightening or something of the sort? Because even the hennaed ends seem lighter than in your original hennaed pic. Looks great, though! You got the transition to look really subtle.

Paper Moon
July 13th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Wow, it really is pretty either way! You have my dream length too. This is what I worry about since I'm about to henna, but don't really have any line or weird stripe! It really does blend.

Altocumulus
July 13th, 2009, 09:27 AM
I really like both colors, but I prefer your natural color. I'm growing my henna out too. I liked the red, but it got to be too high maintenance, and I missed my natural color.

Unofficial_Rose
July 13th, 2009, 09:45 AM
The henna seems to have faded quite a bit. Both looks nice, but I think I prefer without the henna - very pretty hair.

I can understand tiring of the henna - I'm growing out mine too.

Flowerfairy
July 13th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Thank you all so much for the nice compliments! :blossom:

I didn't do any lightening, the colour just faded by itself and blended in quite nicely with my own hair, I am so gratefull for that!

I could try cassia to have the smell (and also the volume and shine) back, but since my hennaed hair shows so much more breakage I'm affraid I must have done something wrong while hennaing (like too few proteine) so I guess I'm staying away from henna and the alike :hmm:

love, FF

lapushka
July 13th, 2009, 09:56 AM
I love your hair right now! It looked great with the henna but I like the lighter color much more. :)

Great hair!!!

JamieLeigh
July 13th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Wow, your haircolor is gorgeous without the henna! I'm glad you've decided to grow it out. :flower: Thanks for sharing the pics, your hair is so pretty!!

LaurelSpring
July 13th, 2009, 10:20 AM
I love your natural color! I have been trying to break the henna addiciton myself. Your pictures are very encouraging. I love the way henna makes my hair so shiny and thick but am tired of too much color buildup. I am switching to Cassia for now, except for my toes. I am going to keep henna on those.

Rentlle
July 13th, 2009, 10:26 AM
wow, love both colours!!!
and your half-updo!!! (what updo is that? how do you do that? :o )
It's realy great to see that the henna blended in that much!
It's realy beautiful right now!

redneckprincess
July 13th, 2009, 02:49 PM
you do have pretty hair weather its henna or natural

Silver Strands
July 13th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Your natural color is lovely.
It's nice that the henna has faded as much as it has. That makes things much easier.

And I guess you could always go to a horse barn and smell the hay to replace the smell
of henna!

Flowerfairy
July 16th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Thank you all so much for the sweet words :cheer: I do feel less special with blonde instead of red/copper hair.

Silverstrands :D I'll keep that in mind!

Rentlle: It's made with a tool for making buns, you can just roll up the hair around it and then put the ends together. I don't have a picture of it since I gave it away to someone.

xx FF

Isa-belle
July 16th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Your hair is super pretty, with and without the henna! The transition between the two shades is very smooth I think.

Anje
July 16th, 2009, 07:44 AM
You know, I love the two tones in your hair! I usually I'm not a fan of the growing-out look, but in your case I love it... It's like your hair is tipped with flames.

I keep trying to grow out henna, make it about 6 months to a year, and then reach for another box, because my auburn hair is turning brown on me as I get older, and I want to remain the redhead I was when I was a kid! The ends of my hair are too cherry-toned for my liking, as I tend to prefer the orange tones it has when freshly applied. (For the record, my profile pic shows my natural color.)

Niphredil
July 16th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Flowerfairy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowers:

Very long time - no see!!

I always liked your hennaed hair, but if you were no longer happy with it, growing out is the best you can do indeed. I do wonder why your hennaed hair seems more damaged. Maybe it is from the mere handling of the henna goo on your head?

Have you seen Nightshade's results from her new cassia/henna mix? It is a lot more coppery, maybe that will suit your skin better?

Well, anyway, it is good to see you again !!!

Myeka
July 16th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Your hair is stunningly beautiful with and without the henna.

coolbreeze212
July 16th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Yes, I agree with everyone else....Your hair is gorgeous, either way!!

Leisje
July 16th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Wow your hair is gorgeous with or without henna. You are rather a hair inspiration to me right now as I am also growing out the henna red to my natural blonde again.
I hope my hair looks as pretty as yours when it grows out more!
Lovely locks.