PDA

View Full Version : It's all relative.

FallenAngel
July 12th, 2009, 01:24 PM
I'm quite happy since I was at a barbeque yesterday, and was referred to as "the only one with long hair" when the cockchafers started to buzz around our heads. :cheese:

So, therefor I can't call myself supershortie any more, but I'm definitly not "long" by LHC standards. Obviously I have long hair according to my fiends now any way. They shall see what "long" is, be sure of that, fellow LHCers! ;)

prosperina
July 12th, 2009, 01:35 PM
So wait, you're not even at shoulder yet and your hair is long? Cool! And you've got me wondering how long is your friends hair?

Doesn't it feel nice to be the one with the longest hair?! :D I definitely have the longest hair of anyone I know in real life and I'm not even at waist yet! I love that feeling, but I still feel funny when people go on about how "long" my hair is.

Amara
July 12th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Good for you! Any milestone is a good milestone. :)

funnybunny668
July 12th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Congratulations!
It's definitely a milestone to celebrate! :)

BeatlesFanGirl
July 12th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Congrats!! :) You'll find yourself at APL/BSL/waist real soon, you'll see! :D (I mean, in case you want to grow it that long)

Yeah, I'm also surprised that I have the longest hair @ work, when I'm "only" at BSL (or an inch below that). College was different, there were more longhaired girls. Or simply more ppl.

coolbreeze212
July 12th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Yay!! Here's to continued growth! :bottomsup:

FallenAngel
July 12th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Thank you all. I love this place, everyone are so supportive.

And - Prosperina, I might need to change a little in my profile, I'm at shoulders now.

AmyJorgensen
July 12th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Cockchafers???? :eyebrows: That is SO funny to me. Is it some sort of fly or mosquito?

zen_oven
July 12th, 2009, 02:10 PM
I was wondering the same thing--what on earth is a "cockchafer"?

But yay! That's a milestone all right! I'm big on celebrating every single one.

FallenAngel
July 12th, 2009, 02:14 PM
It's a bug, who gets caught in your hair... And causes a mess.

A pic. (http://www.utsidan.se/obj/photo/d4/d451b26b8eb3ae1b4cf2941bbf25c15a.jpg)

nowxisxforever
July 12th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Grats! I'd say that's a milestone! ;)

swanns
July 12th, 2009, 02:20 PM

A pic. (http://www.utsidan.se/obj/photo/d4/d451b26b8eb3ae1b4cf2941bbf25c15a.jpg)

That pic's going to give me nightmares! :p

Congrats on a milestone! It's always fun to be the one with the longest hair!

Roseate
July 12th, 2009, 02:25 PM
:couch: Wow, what a picture! :p congrats on the milestone, and I hope you never get one of those in your hair, no matter how long!

enfys
July 12th, 2009, 02:29 PM
What kind of mess do they make and how do I kill them and where to they live?

Cockchafers aside the milestone is great. You're now the long hair!

wintersun99
July 12th, 2009, 02:32 PM

FallenAngel
July 12th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Hehe... they are quite friendly, and that's what's annoying about them. Also, they are HUGE, by bug standards.

It is really hard to get them out of your hair once they get stuck there, but luckily they only swarm (word??) a couple of days, maybe a week, in summertime. The rest of their lives they are living as larvs, under earth. I'll spare you that pic, they are as huge as larvs as they are as bugs. :D

In swedish they are called "ollonborre". :D

Oh, and thanks again for support and gratulations!

UrsaMama
July 12th, 2009, 03:01 PM
We call them junebugs in ND.

Pixna
July 12th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Congratulations, Fallen Angel! I'm touching SL, too, though I certainly don't feel long yet. It must be fun to be the only long-hair in your crowd! :)

nowxisxforever
July 12th, 2009, 04:04 PM

SCARY!

I've never seen one of those!

Argh!

free_hug
July 12th, 2009, 04:06 PM
AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrggh, FallenAngel, that was scary! Oh, no, not the milestone, the pic of the monster. I expected something small, like a bug. But this thing must be as long as a foot! (well, judging from the pic)

Oh yeah, the milestone :) must feel great... keep up the good hairwork :sun:

BlndeInDisguise
July 12th, 2009, 04:48 PM
That bug is just downright horrifying! If it is what we call junebugs here in the states, I know what you mean about them being "friendly". I can't stand it when they bang against the window at night when the lights are on. Yucky!

Congratulations on officially having long hair! :D

AnneAdeline
July 12th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Congrats on the milestone!
And, boy, that is one creepy bug! If it is like June bugs, they're so annoying. They are big and just fly around bumping into things. My mom got one caught in her hat once and freaked out.

NickalNack
July 12th, 2009, 07:08 PM

Aw, that's so adorably gross. :D

BlackfootHair
July 12th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Wow...once I got over the initial shock of that thing, it is actually kind of cute. The little antennae make it, I think. Is it what we could consider a long haired bug? By bug standards, I'm sure it's "fur" is long. lol

BlackfootHair
July 12th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Look, it's a smaller picture of the little thing, and it kind of resembles a gremlen. lol http://www.naturenet.net/blogs/media/blogs/eating/cockchafer.jpg

MandaMom2Three
July 12th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Cockchafers???? :eyebrows: That is SO funny to me. Is it some sort of fly or mosquito?

:spitting: I ran across those in an insect book my son has! I try SO hard not to laugh, but then hubby snorts and I :rollin:

Laylah
July 12th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Look, it's a smaller picture of the little thing, and it kind of resembles a gremlen. lol http://www.naturenet.net/blogs/media/blogs/eating/cockchafer.jpg
it's cute in a weird way :cheese:

congrats on your milestone!

Kiraela
July 12th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Congratulations on the milestone!!

If you ask me, that bug is adorable - and it really does look like a gremlin, hehe. It does not look like any junebug I'VE ever seen - I always thought junebugs were the shiny green or brown giant clumsy bugs that keep attacking my eyes (I think they like the reflection off my glasses, but it's still scary. I actually had a panic attack one night, and kept screaming that the junebugs were trying to eat my eyeballs. It wasn't funny at the time, but now... yeah. It's hilarious, hehe)

GlassEyes
July 12th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Cicadas? o-o Sounds like them to me, but I'm far from a bug expert.

But that's cool!

FallenAngel
July 13th, 2009, 03:34 AM
Nonono... not cicadas. It is... Melolontha melolontha, if we shall be scientific about it. :-)

But really, if you wanna know more http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockchafer :D

It's obvioulsy our landscape bug, so I guess they are common here. :shrug:

Rentlle
July 13th, 2009, 03:46 AM
ooh
we call it "meikevers" that's like: "may beetle"
They are protected in our country, so it's forbidden to kill them :)
Congratz with the milestone! :D

Xandergrammy
July 13th, 2009, 05:31 AM

I'm usually not afraid of bugs, but that one looks like a monster. :scared: Are there any of those things in the USA? :couch:

harpyangel
July 13th, 2009, 05:45 AM
eww I've never seen one of those bugs before here in uk.

It feels so good when friends say how long your hair is getting :) :) Mine are starting to comment (I'm just past APL now).

Happy growing!
Harpyangel xxxx

ZadenWillowfyre
July 13th, 2009, 08:03 AM
That's really awesome! Congrats.

Curlsgirl
July 13th, 2009, 09:04 AM

Congratulations on the milestone!!

If you ask me, that bug is adorable - and it really does look like a gremlin, hehe. It does not look like any junebug I'VE ever seen - I always thought junebugs were the shiny green or brown giant clumsy bugs that keep attacking my eyes (I think they like the reflection off my glasses, but it's still scary. I actually had a panic attack one night, and kept screaming that the junebugs were trying to eat my eyeballs. It wasn't funny at the time, but now... yeah. It's hilarious, hehe)Nope doesn't look like what we call June bugs either. They are shiny green and pretty I think. Those DO look like gremlins and I don't think we have them here. This is a June bug.

http://organicgardensite.com/wp-content/postimages/J_Bugs/June_Bugs/junebeetle_1.jpeg

Sheltie_Momma
July 13th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Ew. Icky. In Texas what we call June bugs are brown and smooth and knock about on the windows, they are not furry like this. I don't want your June bugs OR our June bugs in my hair, it is giving me the willies thinking about it.

I'm glad about your hair though, I have the longest hair of anyone I personally know in real life although it isn't long enough to me.

JamieLeigh
July 13th, 2009, 10:13 AM
That's an awesome compliment, congrats! Becoming "long" by real-life standard is the first step - you'll be "long" by LHC standards in no time. ;)

Kiraela
July 13th, 2009, 10:26 AM
I read the wiki article - We don't have anything like them in the US, and I don't even think they are in the UK.

I still stand by the fact that that little one is adorable. According to the wiki, it's a girl!

aisling
July 13th, 2009, 10:43 AM
I'm quite happy since I was at a barbeque yesterday, and was referred to as "the only one with long hair" when the cockchafers started to buzz around our heads. :cheese:

So, therefor I can't call myself supershortie any more, but I'm definitly not "long" by LHC standards. Obviously I have long hair according to my fiends now any way. They shall see what "long" is, be sure of that, fellow LHCers! ;)

I really think I should pay you another visit :D

FallenAngel
July 13th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Aisling, that would show them, alright! :D