PDA

View Full Version : An Annoying Stage...

Natalia
July 10th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Thats is going to last years :(.... Im realizing today that i have one more wash method in my list of to try's and if it goes anything like this last one i will be spending alot more money on my hair than i had planned. COing is working great when i have the time and energy to leave it on long enough (i oil quite a bit so i need at least 45 minutes) to get it clean. But i was hoping for some less time consuming wash method or something that gave me some extra ooph!

My next wash method to try is poo bars. But after the way my length reacted to the indian herbs last night im already feeling a bit down :(. Im not giving up on the herbs my any means i just need to tweak and experiment. I didnt use methi this time so i shall try that int he mix next then try changing the initial mix itself. Maybe remove a cleansing herb or add a third conditioning one.

The problem isnt my natural hair its the dye :(. My bare roots (ok with the exception of molassas treatments) reacted great smooth light even some volume not dry but just right. Even the area that was only dyes once or twice reacted well. Its everything below that that is the problem. It turned into a big matted, rough, hard to detangle mess :'(... Im so sad.

Now im worried i might have the same reaction to poo bars. It hasnt detoured me and there are lots of types to try even soap bars if i need more moisture. Im just feeling downa bout my experimenting. It takes me so much physical energy to do it in the first place to have it turn out bad enough to need fairly immediate fixing is dicouraging.

Today has been chaos so im going to CO tomorow when i have some peace and hopefull will feel up to it. That and a vinager rinse should do me :). Sorry this is more whining than anything but to make this worth while....

Has anyone else have methds that worked on their virgin hair but not dyed? I know we have a pretty good portion of the community in the grow out phase like me. If so could you/how did you resolve it?

Thanks for listening im not having such a great day outside of hair as well.

Natalia

Fractalsofhair
July 10th, 2009, 10:39 PM
For me, Doc Bronner's works great on my virgin hair.(And dried out my non virgin hair unless I soaked it in coconut milk!) Soap bars are totally unlike herbs, a lot of people don't like shampoo bars, but love herbs! Use a vinegar rinse after(Comb after putting the vinegar in!), check out the thread about shampoo bars, and good luck! It's quick, and saves you money on products once you figure out what you need! Hope you feel better!

Natalia
July 10th, 2009, 11:39 PM
For me, Doc Bronner's works great on my virgin hair.(And dried out my non virgin hair unless I soaked it in coconut milk!) Soap bars are totally unlike herbs, a lot of people don't like shampoo bars, but love herbs! Use a vinegar rinse after(Comb after putting the vinegar in!), check out the thread about shampoo bars, and good luck! It's quick, and saves you money on products once you figure out what you need! Hope you feel better!

Thank you :). Yes have done tons on research on poo bars (i think im on post 400 something so far) im currently waiting for the CV lady to get back to me on a question i had before i ordered. There was one still curing anyway that coulndnt be shipped and i dont want to pay for shipping it separatly just for a sample bar.

As for the herbs i thought about doing a vinager rinse with that but i wanted to see how it turned out, now i know its terrible lol. So is hall rinse next time :). Thanks i do feel a bit better, still discouraged but better.

Have a good night <3
Natalia