PDA

View Full Version : Non-hair advantages of LHC

noelgirl
July 10th, 2009, 10:17 PM
I was just thinking about this as I did my obsessive-compulsive check of the apartment the other day. Now that I don't use my flat iron, I know I didn't leave it on. Peace of mind!

Quixii
July 10th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Nice! xD

I like all the different opinions on so many things. :)
Someone in the Friendship forum linked to a science quiz online, and I took it and got 100&#37;. It was like, instant self-esteem boost! <3 LHC is generally good for boosting confidence. They're so free with compliments! <33

KaasKnot
July 10th, 2009, 10:54 PM
It's also a really great place to waste time when you don't have anything better to do. And you can easily justify it--"I'm learning new ways to better take care of my hair!"

CindyLea1
July 10th, 2009, 10:58 PM
One more way to annoy the husband with hair stuff!

He found my pack of Henna and Placenta in the bathroom the other day. "So...What??? Now you put funny plants and body parts in your hair too!" LOL

Funny thing is he loves my longish hair as much as I do.

Roseate
July 10th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Now that I don't use my flat iron, I know I didn't leave it on. Peace of mind!

LOL! You are so right! I have called my roommate in the past to get him to go into my bedroom and check to be sure my flatiron was off. Never having to worry about it again= priceless.

Natalia
July 10th, 2009, 11:43 PM
I like having the advantage of so many intelligent well versed people. I consult this board and individual members often, its very useful. As a matter of fact i am trying to get a pic of my neiborhs skin condition since the 3 doctors she saw cant help her or identfy it (and ye si told her to see a derm lol but that takes time). Were trying vinager soaks first for fungus as we work our way through the upcoming advice :).

masterofmidgets
July 10th, 2009, 11:59 PM
I stopped using sulfate-based shampoos and body washes because of the info I read on LHC, and it's made a big difference in my skin problems, which have been an issue for a long time. CV bars FTW!

On a less serious note, hanging around here tonight is very therapeutic for Torchwood Finale-Based Despair. LJ was just getting too much to stand, but at least people here are mostly talking about fun things.

Aditi
July 11th, 2009, 12:30 AM
You get to learn so much over not only about hair care but also some issue regarding political and internal affairs, i love sharing and exchanging thoughts with different people coming from different background, it certainely expands ones thinking :)

eternallyverdan
July 11th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Torchwood finale? WHAT Torchwood finale? How did I miss that? There's a new season? This is what happens when you spend months in 3rd world countries-- you miss out on the important things in life.

Non hair advantages... excellent place to talk music and literature because people here tend to be pretty knowledgeable and eclectic.

masterofmidgets
July 11th, 2009, 01:07 AM
They did series three as a 5-part mini-series, Children of Earth. It's been airing all this week. It was really, really well-done, but...heart-wrenching.

Wicked Princess
July 11th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Upon finding out that I either a) do not need nearly as many hair products as I thought I did or b) discovering upon closer inspection that overusing said products was actually bad for my hair, I was able to throw the majority of all...that...stuff out.

SOOO much less clutter, and soooo much more counter space! My bathroom and shower area have been transformed into a serene space, instead of looking like the shampoo and hairspray isle at the local supermarket!

Fiferstone
July 11th, 2009, 07:18 AM
I agree with Wicked Princess, I've learned so much from the incredibly knowledgeable people on the boards, found some neat things that I never would have thought of myself (coconut oil and apple cider vinegar rinses to name a couple), and have pared my hair care stuff down to the things that really work for me, I don't have to feel guilty about wasting money on this or that thing that doesn't work, gathers dust, and glares at me. It's also very interesting to hear from people all over the world. I love coming on LHC and simply reading, even if I don't think I have anything to contribute.

Angela_Rose
July 11th, 2009, 09:31 PM
I love the opportunity to meet new people. I like showing off my hair. I like learning new things. I'm really proud to be a longhair now, instead of feeling like some weirdo.

zen_oven
July 11th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Lovely, lovely people to exchange thoughts with. :puppykisses:

nowxisxforever
July 11th, 2009, 10:28 PM
I like the people too!

Also, it gives me something to do at work between calls, hehe.