PDA

View Full Version : so much hair inspiration!

Mrs.X
July 10th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Where I live I very rarely see people with hair longer than bsl, but yesterday i flew home from holiday and saw 6 different women in the airport within about 10 minutes, all with hair longer than tailbone length! It was nice to see such long hair in real life, I think i've kind of got used to seeing photos of LHC members and their long hair so it doesn't surprise me as much on here, but it really does stand out in person and it's made me want long hair even more! I'm not entirely sure what the point of this post is, but I just wanted somewhere to gush about it really!

nowxisxforever
July 10th, 2009, 10:27 AM
I love this sort of thing! I think I'll probably end up wearing my hair down when I fly in a couple months, just to see if I get any comments.

The last time I flew, when I was...18, I think, and had BSL/waist-length hair, I saw a woman with...Hmm. Very straight, blonde, probably at least Classic, but I'm thinking knee. It looked fairly healthy! I ran up to her, told her her hair was gorgeous, and ran off to my terminal.

Cherry_Sprinkle
July 10th, 2009, 10:28 AM
LHC gives me supreme hair envy! :crush:

Was that woman's hair down? I have only seen people with really long hair down in braids, I have never seen it down and free.

nowxisxforever
July 10th, 2009, 10:46 AM
LHC gives me supreme hair envy! :crush:

Was that woman's hair down? I have only seen people with really long hair down in braids, I have never seen it down and free.

I don't imagine this is directed at me, but I see people with long hair down all the time-- Waist-to-tailbone is fairly frequent, especially at work, and I've seen a few people with thigh/knee-length down, which always confuses me.

Bunnyhare
July 10th, 2009, 10:49 AM
where i live BSL/lower back is fairly common but i don't think they take quite as good care of it, its usually not shiny and thick looking..gush away! I am sure you made her day with the compliment!

Mrs.X
July 10th, 2009, 10:56 AM
I was too nervous to compliment any of the women i saw, but i wish i had now! I don't know how they managed to travel with hair that length down though, I hate travelling with even my bsl hair loose, I always get it caught under my bag straps.

nowxisxforever
July 10th, 2009, 10:58 AM
I was too nervous to compliment any of the women i saw, but i wish i had now! I don't know how they managed to travel with hair that length down though, I hate travelling with even my bsl hair loose, I always get it caught under my bag straps.

I usually compliment healthy long hair when I see it-- it's part of how I met Airmide on the bus one day! :bounce:

paintedmuse
July 10th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Around here I don't see many people with hair beyond BSL. But there's a girl at my school with tailbone length hair she usually wears down or in a low ponytail, and today she had it in a braid... it looked so nice :) I can't wait to do that with my hair... (I don't wear braids now because they don't look all that impressive really, so SHORT and with layers sticking out :( )

ericthegreat
July 10th, 2009, 11:25 AM
I think it also depends on the age of the people your hanging out with and the neighborhood you live in. Many girls I've known in high school, at University, and when studied at cosmestology school had thick, waist to even knee length locks. Also, being that I live in Brooklyn, I encounter plenty of Spanish women from Mexico and all parts of Latin America and they literally I believe can grow their hair down to their thighs or longer! Their braids have no taper! I've also seen plenty of women from India and also I know other fellow Chinese who have thick, shiny hair down to their calves. You can definitely say that in NYC, many young women have at least waist length hair.

redneckprincess
July 10th, 2009, 12:55 PM
since I have been trying to grow my hair long it seams like everyone in my town and at the places I visit have Classic leingth hair or longer..

eternallyverdan
July 10th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Here at home I don't see many people with anything past BSL, but when I was living in India I basically spent all of my time admiring the gorgeous braids that I saw. One girl I saw had a 4-strand braid that was AT LEAST 2 1/2 times my thickness, completely straight, and mid-thigh length. Sigh!

Rentlle
July 10th, 2009, 02:27 PM
ow gosh.. I know this one..
Here, lenghts past BSL are common, but Waist isn't.. :lol:
I would never dare to complement anyone on their hair.. I usually say it to the person next to me..
Maybe some time when i'm alone, I think people who know me would realy think i'm obsessed by hair.. oké, I admit.. maybe a litlle; but they should'nt think that... :lol:

JamieLeigh
July 10th, 2009, 04:09 PM
I had a similar experience in Walmart today. I saw SO many people with long hair - where normally I MIGHT see one or two. I saw a girl in her late teens with a knee-length ponytail...I saw a mom in her 20's with tailbone length hair...I saw another teen girl with hiplength wavy hair...another young mom with hiplength ponytail...a middle-aged man with a waistlength ponytail...etc...the list goes on. It was awesome! :D

Amara
July 10th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Aw that's awesome! I very very rarely see anyone with long hair around here. Or maybe everybody has mastered the ninja-type updos where you can't tell the length.

Nope, that's not it. I rarely see any updos, either. Sigh! Guess that's why I come here for my inspiration!

Rentlle
July 11th, 2009, 04:32 AM
same about the updo's here..
the only person I know who updo's her hair is myself XD
And then I come here and I think: gosh, how do they do that updo? and that one? and owooow :p

ZadenWillowfyre
July 11th, 2009, 06:21 AM
It always fun to see longer haired folks irl!

Beatnik Guy
July 11th, 2009, 06:50 AM
saw 6 different women in the airport within about 10 minutes, all with hair longer than tailbone length!
I'm not quite sure why, but (h)airports are often good places for long hair sightings...

GeoJ
July 11th, 2009, 07:12 AM
How funny, I saw a few long haired ladies in the airport yesterday (about waist length), and I had mine down , too (something I only do a couple of times a year).

I saw a few more long hairs later in the day at a race. A couple of the male runners had long hair and a couple of the female runners did as well. The most notable was a woman with extremely thick, wavy, gray BSL hair that she wore down for the race (with a band on her forehead for sweat). The other ladies I saw were about waist to tailbone length. My DH ran this time, but it was windy so when I got there I braided my hair and pinned it up around my head. I noticed one lady watching me while I did my hair. :)

For traveling with long hair, I keep it up. If the flight is going to be long I bun my hair when wet or damp, so if I get too dried out on the airplane I can wrap my hair around my face to act as a humidifier for me. I put it back up when the plane lands.