PDA

View Full Version : How do you prefer your hemline?

Pages : [1] 2

Áine
April 11th, 2008, 02:19 PM
What is your favorite hemline shape? It doesn't necessarily have to be one that you have right now, just a particular shape that you would prefer to have.

I like the look of blunt ends in any shape on most people. But I don't mind letting my hair settle itself into natural layers. Luckily, it doesn't look anything like salon cut layers, it is a much softer transition, and my ends are still nice and thick without being too bulky.

chrissy-b
April 11th, 2008, 02:39 PM
I'd prefer my hair to be U-shaped and blunt, but currently it's still above my shoulders and already starting to fairytale at the ends. I'm struggling with not cutting it until next January, but it's tough since I hate the way it looks right now.

WritingPrincess
April 11th, 2008, 02:40 PM
I checked naturally layered because my hair is all different lengths and I don't try to keep it one length. I don't think I'm fairytaling, because the hemline still looks quite blunt (in my opinion).

lora410
April 11th, 2008, 02:44 PM
blunt and straight across. I am currently working to get it the way I want but I don't plan to cut it anytime soon :D

lookingglass
April 11th, 2008, 02:46 PM
I chose "naturally layered", because it is and I like it that way. The last time I had it trimmed, (I S&D, but the splits were out of control!) the stylist said I had "ancient hair". I told her to keep it that way! I told her I wanted a soft U shape withOUT blunt ends, like the Waterhouse posters she had all over her gothic shoppe. She said I had natural layers and really worked with them, just chip cutting off the very ends. It was the best experience at a hairdresser I ever had! There was only a glittering of hair on the floor!

Lillian
April 11th, 2008, 02:54 PM
I'm a 1b hairtype, and I love a straight across blunt cut - it looks neat.

shell78
April 11th, 2008, 02:59 PM
As a curly, I'm a fan of the U-shape. I also have salon-induced layers to encourage the curl. I trim twice a year.

Jeni
April 11th, 2008, 04:03 PM
I chose straight and blunt, but a very gentle U shape is fine too, nothing too dramatic. I have fine, thin hair so a blunt cut makes my hair look thicker.

Jeni

AJoifulNoise
April 11th, 2008, 04:11 PM
I am seeing the beginnings of fairytale ends. I prefer a natural hemline as opposed to blunt. So, it is fairytale ends for me.

Euphony
April 11th, 2008, 04:15 PM
For my thick, wavy hair I like a gradual U, blunt. I'm not a fan of fairytales on me - it starts to look too much like I'm after quantity over quality - but my hair tends to freak out a bit without trims. I trim every 6 months, 1/4" and it does the trick!

Leisha
April 11th, 2008, 04:29 PM
I voted "Naturally layered". I cut my hair in a layered V-shape, but if it could be naturally layered with a V-shape I would be happy :)
A blunt cut doesn't look good on me.

Florida Mom
April 11th, 2008, 04:29 PM
I like straight across and blunt, with a slight U-shape is beautiful too. I am not a fan of the V-shape at all. And fairytale ends usually just look scraggly on me!

2littlebirds
April 11th, 2008, 05:16 PM
I like natural layers.

yogachic
April 11th, 2008, 05:16 PM
I like straight across & blunt, but I have a U shape, because the hairdresser's did not listen to me and the last hairdresser cut it uneven. :(

zift
April 11th, 2008, 05:20 PM
I chose fairytale ends because I like the natural shape hair gets at the ends. However mine is now cut straight cross because that's the only way BF can trim it. When I quit trimming I hopefully will let my hair grow in its own way.:)

girlcat36
April 11th, 2008, 05:28 PM
I'd prefer my hair to be U-shaped and blunt, but currently it's still above my shoulders and already starting to fairytale at the ends. I'm struggling with not cutting it until next January, but it's tough since I hate the way it looks right now.

That's exactly what I was going to post!

Leisa
April 11th, 2008, 05:34 PM
I like blunt hair because it makes my hair look thicker. :) However, I'm not trimming until I reach waist so I've got a V-shape now. It grows faster in the back.

harley mama
April 11th, 2008, 05:49 PM
My hair grows naturally into Fairytale ends and I have just left it like that.
I may trim back to a U shaped hem at some point so I can gain some of the fullness at my hem. It has become very thin since I started chemo. I just can't make myself give up any more hair at this point though!

rubyann
April 11th, 2008, 06:06 PM
I haven't put scissors to my hair in over two years, so fairytale ends it is.

I may change my mind at some point, as is my prerogative.:D

freznow
April 11th, 2008, 06:12 PM
I like most except layers. I'm not sure if I prefer blunt or fairytale, but I'm not cutting, so it's out of default going to be fairytale. It's beginning to do so right now, but not much...

Vela
April 11th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Fairytale ends for me, sometimes I just wanna hack them off, but it never lasts that 'wait 2 weeks' thankfuly. :)
Blunt looks good on others, I just don't like it for myself.

OhioLisa
April 11th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Hooray for fairytale ends. :D

bruteforcegrl
April 11th, 2008, 06:38 PM
I am transitioning from a U to straight and blunt...slowly...
bfg

cuddledumplin
April 11th, 2008, 06:51 PM
I prefer straight and blunt.

Carolyn
April 11th, 2008, 06:52 PM
I've recently gone from a blunt U shape to a blunt straight across hemline. I'm really liking the change. It works very well for doing a single braid and gives a much nicer looking tassel. I've always liked blunt cut hair better than layered no matter what the length, although I've had layers at various times.

EdG
April 11th, 2008, 07:12 PM
I miss the straight-across blunt ends that I used to have at classic-length. I now have natural tapered ends (on much longer hair!) This doesn't look as nice, IMO. It's just :agape: long.
Ed

Meli
April 11th, 2008, 07:28 PM
I love fairytale ends! :inlove: I'm not trimming except S&D and am going for terminal, so fairytale ends it will be.

Anje
April 11th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Right now I like mine U-shaped. Assuming my hair just grows, nice and thick, as long as I want it, I think that'll change somewhere past classic. I prefer the look of straight-across around knee length.

ETA: Oddly enough, I find that the curlier hair is, the more I like it with fairytale ends.

PseudoScot
April 11th, 2008, 08:33 PM
I like symmetry and even-ness and while fairytale ends look really nice on some, mine are blunt and straight. Not so exciting but works for me :)

TammySue
April 11th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Ed, I think your hair looks awesome at your current length with the tapered ends! As a matter of fact, I have been thinking about letting mine go without trims so that the ends start to taper like yours! :D

Elizabeth
April 11th, 2008, 08:40 PM
I voted for straight and blunt, but I also like a soft U shape. My hair doesn’t look good with fairytale ends. I like those best on folks with curly hair.

EdG
April 11th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Ed, I think your hair looks awesome at your current length with the tapered ends! As a matter of fact, I have been thinking about letting mine go without trims so that the ends start to taper like yours! :DThank you TammySue! :)

I think the natural tapered ends take a little getting used to. They look, uh, natural! :cheese:
Ed

Irishred
April 11th, 2008, 10:12 PM
I chose U and blunt. I trim it myself but haven't trimmed in 6 months (just S&D) I do like the look of other hemlines on others ad consider trying it but usually don't.

spidermom
April 12th, 2008, 10:22 AM
A blunt U-shape is most beautiful to me. I wish I didn't have so much natural layering. I have hairs of every length and a lot of them curl up on the surface so it's very noticeable. I don't like that so much.

Gatubela
April 12th, 2008, 12:26 PM
I have no idea what would look best on me. That´s why I´m begging you to give me some advice. This is my hair (it´s a little longer now and started to look more like a V)
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/Cheeseistheword/DSC04108.jpg

I don´t know if I should let it grow naturally into a V or cut it straight. Also I don´t know what to do with the layers, should I keep them or go blunt?

Newniepg
April 12th, 2008, 12:30 PM
WOW! Gatubella, you have such beautiful hair! I'm afraid I not going to give advice as I think it looks just perfect. You have hair like that princess off Enchanted.

Anyhow, I voted blunt on the poll, but thats because I have tried fairytale ends when I was younger. Didn't suit me at all. Pity.

Arual
April 12th, 2008, 12:34 PM
I voted for natural layers. I don't like the look of my hair when it is all perfectly one length, but I'm not sure how great I'd look if I let it fairytale, either. So natural layers is a happy medium :)

eadwine
April 12th, 2008, 01:02 PM
I opted for blunt straight, kind of like my own hemline now. However as I get longer I might prefer a slight u trim, it just looks a little better that way IMHO :)

lorig713
April 12th, 2008, 02:48 PM
I used to prefer blunt but now I like fairytale ends (for my hair).

Dianyla
April 12th, 2008, 03:42 PM
I miss the straight-across blunt ends that I used to have at classic-length. I now have natural tapered ends (on much longer hair!) This doesn't look as nice, IMO. It's just :agape: long.
Ed
You took the words right out of my mouth. My ends maintained a somewhat blunt shape down to mid-calf, but the last 6-8 inches they've taken a very rapid turn towards a deep V-shape.

While I do miss the blunt ends, I try to look at the positives... tapered ends tuck into a bun much more easily. Also, as my hair got past knee-length I have a lot more natural "layers" showing visibly such as my former bangs and other strands near my hairline. The blunt shape is great when you don't have many layers (natural, or artificial) but once you have these layers a deeper U or V shape looks a lot more congruent with the rest of the hair. :shrug:

Not that I'm not secretly hoping that maintaining at my current length won't thicken the ends up just a tad, though! I wouldn't turn it down! :smirk:

harpgal
April 12th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Well, The Taper always wins! LOL!

I like a full hemline in a "U" shape. It looks very natural to me. :)

zift
April 12th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Hehe growing for long enough,even people with one the most amazing hair(aka Dianyla) can have taper too. Yeah sometimes length and taper wins over the hemline you prefer. Forexample I'm sure that I cannot continue with my straight hemline forever. It's tapering as it grows longer and at some point I'll have to stop trimming. Thankfully I prefer fiarytale ends bwahahaha so I win whatever happens:p

1nuitblanche
April 12th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Most of the time I like layers, just because of the way my hair is, but at the same time, the bottom layer needs to be thick enough. The layers are kind of annoying when I wear braids though, so maybe one day, I'll go for V-shape or U-shape and blunt. On people who are blessed with curlier hair though, I do think that fairy tale ends are beautiful.

EdG
April 12th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Dianyla - it's interesting that we're both battling the taper. Of course, your taper starts where my ends stop! I too am hoping I can thicken up my ends over time. :)

Well, The Taper always wins! LOL! harpgal - that's so true! I suppose taper is one of the certainties in life, like death and taxes, just much more pleasant! :D

zift - fully agree. I'll take long and tapered over less long any day. :agree:
Ed

Urchin
April 12th, 2008, 05:12 PM
It think it depends on the hair type. Natural layers are the way to go for curly-haired people (in my opinion). Very straight-hairs look best with some sort of blunt hemline, I think. Fairytale ends are pulled off best by those with loose waves. That's how I'd wear my hemline if I had those hairtypes, anyway.

Druid of Alba
April 12th, 2008, 05:13 PM
I like the "U" shape. By the way, what do faerietale ends look like?

MadHatter
April 12th, 2008, 06:14 PM
My hemline is U-shaped, but I'd rather it were blunt.

Dianyla
April 12th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Dianyla - it's interesting that we're both battling the taper. Of course, your taper starts where my ends stop! I too am hoping I can thicken up my ends over time. :)
Your ends may thicken up, since hair grows unevenly. I maintained a blunt cut at knee-length for 7-8 years, which gave each hair (well, that hadn't already reached it's own individual terminal length) the chance to reach that length, even the slower growing hairs.

We'll see what happens. I don't plan to go much beyond where I am currently at, because I still like to wear it down on occasion.

Áine
April 13th, 2008, 12:49 AM
I like the "U" shape. By the way, what do faerietale ends look like?

I don't have a picture for you, but fairytale ends are the point on someone's hair where the major bulk of it starts to thin out to wispy thinner strands towards the bottom. The hemline is thinner than naturally layered hair.

Gaelic Girl
April 13th, 2008, 12:56 AM
Thick and blunt, please. I call it the "Wall O' Hair"...excellent for blocking out noisey cell phone users on the bus ;)

socks
April 13th, 2008, 01:25 AM
I'm pretty happy with my fairytale ends, but I wouldn't mind having them a bit thicker. Still, I have a fair amount of wave in my hair, it even gets curly while it's drying, so I don't think any other type of hemline would really look right with my hair.

Nevermore
April 13th, 2008, 02:14 AM
I'm honestly not sure. I have layers from the cut I'm growing out and the bangs I'm growing out, but my hair has a very U shaped hemline even with the curls/waves/layers. I don't think I'll mess with it because the shape gives me extra length. I may cut it to a very mild U instead of the deep one it is now when my hair gets to say, tailbone length.

Does anyone know if Feye's self trimming method works on hair that long?

jojo
April 13th, 2008, 02:59 PM
i voted for straight across blunt ends which i prefer on hair up to waist length, after this length i like fairy tale endings as I think it makes very long hair look romantic.

My hair at present is sort of a straight blunt hem, but with a slight U going on, i cut at the end of Feb from a V.

meichigo
April 14th, 2008, 01:39 AM
I would like my hair a little bit layered (razored or chip cut), but until my other layers grow out more I can't really think about it because my ends are rather thin as it is. So it's straight and blunt for me; it makes my hair look a lot fuller, though I do miss a bit the few inches I lost at my last trim...

MerryKat
April 14th, 2008, 01:57 AM
I love the look of fairytale ends, particularly on wurly / curly types and can't wait till mine is truely fairytale.

At the moment I have assisted fairytale ends due to my layers.

aney
April 14th, 2008, 04:40 AM
i like them layered with scissors 'coz otherwise my hair looks too puffy at the ends

ladystar
April 14th, 2008, 07:22 AM
I prefer straight and blunt. But I have layers from the past that are still growing out, so I picked U-shape because that‘s the way it looks right now. I am ok with it for now.

eresh
April 14th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Fairytale, it's just the natural growthpattern.
My hemline is weird because it forms and upside down V fairytale shape.
Straight across would look too stern on my hair I think.

HappyHaley
April 14th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Blunt and straight for me.

~Haley

goodenough
April 14th, 2008, 08:17 AM
I just got a blunt U last month, but I can't wait for the natural layers to come back. They look nicer on me, and go in an updo much better. I kinda hate the ends right now. They're just so thick and ---there.

birthmarkie
April 14th, 2008, 08:53 AM
My ends are kind of unnaturally layered and I like them so that was my choice for the sake of vanity! If I do a half-up, though, I get a blunt straight cut hemline. So I am leaving things the way they are for now. I figure that as a 1a, my only chance at fairytale ends is to leave my layers alone. I like all types of hemlines but I think fairytale is most beautiful.

Faepirate
April 15th, 2008, 01:28 PM
I really dislike blunt ends on me. I much prefer the natural look but, well... my hemline is currently a bit of a mess because I've self-trimmed bits of it but not all of it at some point or other ;) I don't really care for the moment. It looks fine when it's freshly washed and air-dried because then it's curly and that hides the jaggedness. I figure if I let it grow long enough it might sort itself out... or else I might be able to bear getting a tiny little neatening trim when it's a good few inches longer, but not now!

flapjack
April 15th, 2008, 04:10 PM
For anyone else- I don't care as long as it looks healthy at the ends and you don't have tons of split ends or it's especially dry looking.

For me- my hair is very very straight, so I like the blunt, straight ends the best.

TheHuman
April 15th, 2008, 07:03 PM
I like a soft U shape the best for me, but as another poster said as long as the ends look healthy it doesn't really matter.

vindo
April 16th, 2008, 01:34 PM
I am undecided..probably blunt on me since real fairytale ends does not look good on my very straight hair ( I guess I have semi blunt ends...trimmed but thinner)
Hemline- hm..I guess straight but U is not bad either..a V is nice on layered hair..

Rebelkat
April 17th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Eventually I want mine to be v-shaped or u-shaped and blunt, but if I can't get it that way, I believe that any way is fine as long as it's healthy. That's the most important thing to me.

zelah
April 17th, 2008, 11:33 PM
I like layers, as it helps with the look of the volume of my hair. Natural layers just don't seem to help out in that regard, at least not for me.

Lixie
April 18th, 2008, 01:50 AM
I'd like to have a blunt, U-shape hemline. Right now mine is straight accross and blunt. I could fix it, but I'm trying to keep the scissors away from my ends until I reach my goal length.

wintersun99
April 18th, 2008, 12:35 PM
I prefer U shaped - but as it gets to MBL or longer, I will prefer Fairy Tale Ends... probably

Sarahmoon
April 18th, 2008, 02:34 PM
I always used to have straight blunt cuts, but now my hair hasn't been cut for quite a while (it's a bit fairytailish now) it grew in a natural slight U shape and I like that, so I might want a blunt U shape next time.

Jorchet
April 18th, 2008, 04:41 PM
:oops: oops! I voted the wrong option! I meant to vote "Layered by razor/sheers/scissors" Because I layer my own hair with scissors, and also made a V-shape cut. So my vote should really be something like "V-shape and layered with scissors".

Laululintu
April 18th, 2008, 04:46 PM
I picked naturally layered. I don't particularly like the look of an overly blunt hemline on myself at my current length.

Alva
April 19th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Like it is now, U shape blunt ends

camara
April 19th, 2008, 01:18 PM
I voted for blunt u-shape. My hair is like that now, but until waistlenght I had it cut straight blunt. I used to like it like that, but past waist it didn´t look 'natural' any more, so I had my hemline changed. Not that blunt cuts are natural or unnatural in any way, but the new rounded shape fits the longer hair better, IMO.

I also like fairytale ends very much, but my own hair is growing faster on the right side of my head, so my fairytale ends were going to be way off-center to the right. Not a look I want to achieve. :neutral:

rosieposie
April 19th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Im a straight and blunt girl. It is the only way to keep my rebelious hair tidy.

curls2grow
April 19th, 2008, 06:57 PM
I like straight and blunt because my curls kick up the ends anyway and make my hair look layered. Getting my ends trimmed blunt helps them to look a little thicker, but the curls still make my hemline look uneven.

nomadhome
April 23rd, 2008, 09:56 AM
U shaped and slightly layered

jesamyn
April 24th, 2008, 01:20 AM
For my own hair, I like u-shaped with some scissor layering. When my hair was almost waist-length before, I kept it blunt and straight. I did NOT like how it looked on me, which led to my cutting it off. When my hair is between APL and BSL, I know I can easily get away with doing the 'gather in one place' thing for the layers, then Feye's instructions to tidy up the ends in a u-shape. I have every intent of going back to doing that.

However, this only applies to my own hair. As others have said, as long as the hair looks healthy, I have no preference on other people's hemlines.

Minx
April 24th, 2008, 12:59 PM
I'm currently U-shaped but I'd like to be straight.

I just don't have the courage to do it yet. I don't want to lose the lenght.

SarieQ
April 25th, 2008, 09:14 AM
I voted V and blunt, because that best described my preference. However, I like my hair looking more blunt in the front and somewhat fairytaled in the back. That's what Feye's Method does for me. My hair would freak out too much with real fairtale ends because I need to trim every six months or my hair tends to freak out!

soleluna
April 25th, 2008, 10:02 AM
I prefer a U blunt shape.. I find it suits my waves best

Patrycja
April 25th, 2008, 12:33 PM
I am layered by scissors.Never razors.

its starting to form a V shape and I'm going to let it grow the way it wants.

granitbaby
April 25th, 2008, 01:02 PM
I prefer a U shaped blunt hemline. The last time I grew out my hemline was slightly V shaped and I liked that too, but this time I'm going for a U shape.

n3m3sis42
April 25th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Hmm, I was torn between U-shaped and straight and blunt. I think the U-shape looks really beautiful on a lot of people. But I don't think it would work for my hair.

On the other hand, I've really only ever worn it straight and blunt or naturally layered. Unless you count that one bout with layers when my hair was just barely shoulder-length with highlights. Never again.

RavennaNight
May 8th, 2008, 07:33 PM
my hair is blunt cut straight across with old bangs and layers on the sides that are about APL. My hair has a natural wave and I was thinking of going U or V shaped although I voted for blunt because that's what it is now. I think u or v would enhance the natural waves & shapes my hair makes. I'm not sure if I'd feel like I lost length cutting it into that style though.

Medievalhair
May 8th, 2008, 07:42 PM
I like it waved, no real layers, just slightly layered.

kwaniesiam
May 8th, 2008, 07:44 PM
I used to have fairytail ends, now it's layered with scissors/razor. Once I get to around APL, I'm going to even out my layers and let the ends fairytale naturally.

Elistariel
May 8th, 2008, 07:48 PM
You know, I really don't know. It never crossed my mind that hair had a hemline. :shrug: I guess I've just always had a blunt hemline, since that's what my aunt gave me. (Well the hair dresser this time, due to my work schedule.) That and when my hair started growing and getting what my Gran called "Scraggly" it'd be time for a trim to shapen it up.
Hmm... I wonder what my natural hemline is. :confused: (I could find out, but it's not worth it to be nagged on and on and on and on by my Gran.)

Angellen
May 8th, 2008, 11:17 PM
I like a natural V, myself. I'm not a huge fan of the blunt cut, though I know people who can make it work. A natural V is my favorite, and I find requires less maintenance, which is nice. :)

Cinnamon.locks
May 14th, 2008, 12:27 AM
I've had both straight and blunt and fairy tale ends and at least in my opinion i think my hair looks better straight and blunt.....since it is so fine fairy tale ends don't seem so nice and have even looked damaged some times. just my opinion on my own hair.

Fillette
May 14th, 2008, 09:10 AM
I am a curly so I chose "naturally layered" however, I really like the U shape as well.

Phalaenopsis
May 14th, 2008, 02:53 PM
U-shape and blunt, I think it looks best on long, straight hair. :)

Elle
May 14th, 2008, 02:59 PM
I chose straight and blunt. I've always preferred the look of a nice, clean hemline. http://www.swimmingwithmothra.com/images/public/HappyHappy.gif

Saranne772
May 16th, 2008, 12:03 PM
blunt straight ends does it for me. The straight part. Im currently growing at an angle

Eireann
May 16th, 2008, 12:32 PM
I chose salon layers, because that's what I have right now, but natural layers would be good too. My hair is very fine and wavy, so if it is blunt cut, it looks limp and thin.

florenonite
May 16th, 2008, 02:28 PM
I like straight across and blunt, though once I end up trimming out my U and layers I might end up deciding I want a U to make the ends less bulky, as my hair's quite thick. I do like the look of straight-across blunt cuts, though.

Nynaeve
May 16th, 2008, 04:20 PM
I chose naturally layered, but my natural layering tends towards fairytale, so I guess I wish I could have put both. :p

Jason
May 16th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Straight across and blunt.:)

getoffmyskittle
May 16th, 2008, 05:14 PM
I chose U shaped and blunt, although it's becoming less and less blunt as it gets longer.

Millielie
May 17th, 2008, 12:15 PM
I votet U shape and blunt.
Earlier I liked my ends layered but after a while without cutting they always looked "gnawed" .

JamieLeigh
April 9th, 2009, 09:15 AM
I chose blunt, because at the length I have now I feel it looks better on me. But as I get closer to my terminal length, I will have no problem letting my ends fairytale. :)

Guinevere
April 9th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Can someone explain to me what a fairytale ends looks like? ^^;;;

AutumnSky
April 9th, 2009, 09:27 AM
The greatest haircut I ever had was all one length, all the way around, with a perfectly straight hem....and that's what I'm shooting for right now.

kirky
April 9th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Blunt and straight across for me!

HotRag
April 9th, 2009, 10:12 AM
In the 90's I liked the hemline to be as my left pic in my sig pic. That is long hair grown from layered hair (not short, but short compared to the picture). I mostly did S&Ds and sometimes trimmed a bit to not get too much taper.

Noe I like it like the right pic in my sig pic, but I would like it a bit more u-shaped (it is more straight hemline than the pic shows, rather "straight and blunt"). I just can't bring myself to cut sides, and I think the sides will go shorter over time anyway.

Arctic_Mama
April 9th, 2009, 11:47 PM
As a wurly girl I love my hair blunt and with a moderate V hemline, but they're all nice.

LittleOrca
April 9th, 2009, 11:56 PM
I love my fairytale ends right now, but when I get to goal I will have a blunt line.

Misha
April 10th, 2009, 05:45 AM
Straight and blunt. It gives my hair more weight, and just hangs down neatly.

viking_quest
April 10th, 2009, 03:40 PM
I love a blunt U-shaped hemline (which mine is now) but I'd be happy with fairytale ends.

Nanni
April 13th, 2009, 11:09 AM
I love straight cut hemlines in a blunt. It just looks soo healthy. No splits in sight. I trim often just to get closer to that look.

Ndnlady
April 13th, 2009, 01:39 PM
I have learned to love my fairytale ends. I think fairytale ends are so pretty when I see them on other people, I had to learn to love them though on myself!

zen_oven
April 14th, 2009, 03:24 PM
I said blunt and U-shaped, but I'm starting to get fairytale ends and am trying to decide to keep them or not. I'm actually kinda liking them, when about a month ago I was gung-ho to get rid of my layers and build thickness at the ends. Maybe I'm just wishy-washy.

dulce-de-leche
April 16th, 2009, 04:10 PM
I'd love to have mine straight but at this point I only really care about is growth

Tap Dancer
April 17th, 2009, 04:51 PM
"U-shape and blunt"

neon-dream
April 17th, 2009, 04:55 PM
V shaped and blunt :).

effe
April 28th, 2009, 01:33 PM
I like blunt ends in any shape. I like layers too.

muuserid
April 28th, 2009, 01:47 PM
I love a layered V-shape on long hair. Can't wait till mine gets there!

UrsaMama
April 29th, 2009, 07:32 PM
I like how my hair looks U shaped and blunt, but practically speaking I prefer it to be all same length and blunt so I don't have ends sticking out all over the place.

goodenough
April 29th, 2009, 07:55 PM
I think I did this poll months ago and chose u shaped blunt, but now I'm more layered (razored) and I really like it. It still goes into a bun just fine because it's long enough. I just wasn't happy with anything until I was nice and long:)

marajade
April 29th, 2009, 08:46 PM
I prefer a blunt hemline. I had a bit of fairytale ending exacerbated by layers. I got a trim and it looks a lot better now and more blunt-ey? I'm looking forward to getting all of the layers grown out!

lynnala
April 29th, 2009, 09:34 PM
I'm working towards a very subtle U, blunt cut.

Peter
April 29th, 2009, 10:35 PM
I like a blunt, shallow U.

pineapple pea
April 30th, 2009, 04:18 PM
I like layered by scissors, but as my hair gets longer, I hope for fairytale ends. So pretty!

Forever_Sophie
April 30th, 2009, 05:04 PM
I voted U & blunt, but I guess I should have voted other: U + layers.

Anyway, given my current hair tragedy, I'm soooooooo relieved to see that there are ppl here who like the V blunt hemline!

Kelsey89
May 22nd, 2009, 07:14 PM
Straight and blunt.

Thinthondiel
May 22nd, 2009, 07:51 PM
I like a deep U-shape, so I voted U-shape and blunt, but actually I don't care if it's blunt or naturally layered.

Grenwich
May 22nd, 2009, 07:54 PM
fairytale for me...that's how they end up, who am I to argue?

kam984420
May 22nd, 2009, 08:53 PM
Anyway, given my current hair tragedy, I'm soooooooo relieved to see that there are ppl here who like the V blunt hemline!

Did you say you just absolutely loved your V hemline? LOL :laugh:

Wind
May 22nd, 2009, 10:12 PM
I'm going to say I love any blunt hemline on myself. :)

rogue_psyche
May 23rd, 2009, 01:15 AM
Since I don't keep a blunt hem for any amount of time and I hate trimming, I plan to develop epic fairytales. I like a good U hem on others.

DanielleRenae
May 30th, 2009, 02:50 PM
U-shaped and blunt down my back because when it is all around me and draped down my shoulders, the ends appear even. For some reason I like sharp, even things...

MuzicalH3rb
May 30th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Fairytale ends!

redneckprincess
May 31st, 2009, 01:28 PM
straight across for the time being, maybe that will change when it gets longer

joyellen
May 31st, 2009, 01:32 PM
I'm eventually going to have a blunt U-shaped hemline.

Kaamos
May 31st, 2009, 02:17 PM
I like straight and blut or a slight U and blunt...

GlassEyes
May 31st, 2009, 03:14 PM
U, or drastic V. Leaning toward the V at the moment.

KarpatiiSiv
June 16th, 2009, 03:48 PM
I voted U shape and blunt. The U is quite deep almost a V. I find it easier to trim it myself this way.

Lioness
June 16th, 2009, 04:24 PM
I'd like my hemline to become something in between a U and a slight V.
But i'm still growing my layers out so i've still got lots of time to change my mind ^^

Saisaisayonara
June 16th, 2009, 05:30 PM
I like fairytale ends :)

ChrissieM
June 16th, 2009, 05:45 PM
I miss my straight-across blunt cut back.....it's layered now, still looks nice, but the straight perfection is where it's at. (for me)

mira-chan
June 17th, 2009, 03:15 PM
I guess fairytale ends as that is what I get whether I want blunt ends or not.

Neddy
June 17th, 2009, 03:51 PM
I like a gentle U. I cut my own hair, and it normally ends up something like that. :D

enfys
June 18th, 2009, 06:08 AM
I like a u. Straight is too easy to not get level! I think a u is more forgiving.

On me I prefer blunt ends, it makes my hair look thick and more impressive!

nancy33936
June 18th, 2009, 06:29 AM
i prefer U shape, its more forgiving when it grows.

rovylern
June 19th, 2009, 09:31 PM
I love the look of fairytale ends. I had to do a cut of necessity of my kiddo last week and it just looks so odd to see her ends all blunt. My own hair seems to grow out in natural layers.

myotislucifugus
June 19th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Hmmm... Fairytale lets me keep length, and my usual laissez-faire (read, lazy suck) attitude supports their development.
But I'd liiiiike a nice relatively thick blunt hemline.

daydreamer
July 24th, 2009, 12:21 AM
I like blunt/straight across on me -- I love how fairytales look on other people, but they look awful on my own hair.

82exoticbeauty
July 24th, 2009, 12:26 AM
Mine's also a blunt cut as straight since my mom was the one who trim my hair last year and it's growing into a blunt cut. :):sun:

ilovelonghair
July 24th, 2009, 12:46 AM
I voted fairy tale, because that's what I have right now. But I might change that once my hair gets longer and thicker. I like other styles too, it just depends on the hair type. I don't know how my hair will end up like when it's thicker and longer, if it's still wavy I'll keep the fairy tale ends, but if it ends up very straight, blunt might look nicer.

BranwenWolf
July 24th, 2009, 01:05 AM
I really like my v-line/fairytail, it sort of distracts from my scoliosis. If it's straight-across my hair doesn't hang straight because of the way I stand.

Brownie
July 24th, 2009, 03:15 AM
I prefer a very gentle U shape (thick and blunt ends), but straight and blunt would be ok, too.

Rentlle
July 24th, 2009, 06:43 AM
I would say u-shape.
but in fact, I cut straight.. my hair alwasy grow in u-shape when I cut it straight, so that's good for me ^^

23_seconds
July 24th, 2009, 10:19 AM
||||||||||

Eden_Rayn
July 24th, 2009, 11:06 AM
I voted U shaped and Blunt...I am aiming for natural layers with u or v in the back.

RedCardigan
July 24th, 2009, 12:00 PM
I voted U and blunt, that's what I have right now. I am really hoping for fairy-tale ends some day though.

Naamah
July 26th, 2009, 12:45 AM
I voted naturally layered. I let my hemline stay in whatever shape it wants. xD

Laylah
July 26th, 2009, 02:02 AM
I like a U-shaped blunt cut. I have a blunt hemline of no discernible shape, but I don't want to cut it.

Aditi
July 26th, 2009, 02:18 AM
I have voted for naturally layered hemline as i have wavy hair and then look good in natural layered hemline.

Medievalmaniac
July 26th, 2009, 05:24 AM
I love the way the very slightly U-shaped blunt look, with a thick hemline. Any time I see it in person on someone with long hair, I get a shiver of deep envy towards the woman sporting it, and delight that it exists (does that make sense?)

Reptilia
July 26th, 2009, 08:59 AM
I really love the U-shape! My hair tends to naturally grow in a V, but as long as I trim off the bottom it works out :)

82exoticbeauty
July 26th, 2009, 04:07 PM
I prefer mine as a straight and blunt cut because my mom always trim my hair into straight and blunt! That was last year! So right now it's still straight and blunt! I have to let my mom re-trim my hair again when it get's to a bit pass classic! So she can trim it about 1 1/2 inch to exact classic!

EtherealOde
July 27th, 2009, 10:52 PM
U shape and blunt, my fave option. It looks softer to me than V or straight, and I'm thinking fairytale ends will just look ragged or scraggly on me. At least until all my heat styling and coloring damage is gone.

EynaraWolf
July 28th, 2009, 12:18 AM
I tend to like the V because that's just how my hair grows.

cockerspaniel9
July 28th, 2009, 03:59 AM
I voted for U shape and blunt. I like it better on me, I think it looks a little softer than a straight and blunt cut.

Noctifer
July 29th, 2009, 04:40 AM
Right now i like my v-shape and blunt ends, but that might always change

Feenzauber
July 29th, 2009, 05:48 AM
When I've reached my goal, I'd have a v-shape with a naturally layered hemline.

Cake
July 29th, 2009, 02:23 PM
U shape and blunt.

pradabacon
July 29th, 2009, 02:35 PM
U and blunt is what I like best on myself.

thankyousir74
July 29th, 2009, 03:08 PM
I prefer blunt because I like the thickness :)

Bereft
July 29th, 2009, 11:48 PM
I like fairytale ends. I used to prefer my hair cut blunt across, but when I realised that my hair just ended up tapering a few weeks afterwards, I stopped cutting it blunt. The many beautiful ladies here with fairytale ends have also inspired me to let my ends fairytale! :)

teela1978
July 29th, 2009, 11:57 PM
I like a blunt-cut shallow U. I think it's a bit more forgiving with my light wave pattern than blunt or layers.

lindaton
July 30th, 2009, 09:04 PM
I have always preferred the straight accross blunt hemline. To me it makes the hair look so much healthier and thicker.

Linda

Zéphine
August 1st, 2009, 02:13 PM
Straight and blunt; anything else would probably eat away at my volume, and there's not a lot of that to begin with. I also like that shape better (on me). My mom always cut my hair straight across when I was little, so it just looks "right" to me that way.

Lady Mary
August 1st, 2009, 11:41 PM
Can't say I've had anything other than straight and blunt. I like it enough though. I have thin hair, I think if I let it do anything else it would be wispier than I'd care for at the ends.

Elanor
August 4th, 2009, 02:29 AM
I had to vote for "my opinion's not listed", as I like my hemline just like it is now: totally grown out razor/scissor cut layers with a hemline that used to be pretty blunt U but is now nicely out of shape :D

Locksmith
August 4th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Currently I have a straight blunt hemline, but I'm toying with the idea of getting a U-shaped one. Hmmmm.

Wicked Princess
August 4th, 2009, 06:18 PM
I wrote in U-shaped and blunt.

Right now, I'm growing out my layers, so my hair does have a "fairytale" effect to it that is, admittedly, quite attractive.

When I reach my goal, I do want a blunt hemline, because I feel it makes my ends look healthy, thick, and more "impressive" - and I would really like to not have little bits sticking out of my updos and braids in every which way! I put my vote as U-shaped, though, because that's the way my hair naturally grows, and I will likely be too lazy to maintain an ultra-straight hemline, haha. I chose honesty over true preference :blush:

amyapple329
August 23rd, 2009, 12:01 AM
I have a v that's turning into a u, not really sure why though. I'm going to let the sides grow out more to have a more even length all the way around.

horseprincess
August 23rd, 2009, 12:30 AM
I chose straight across and blunt, I just seem to like it that way always...

Konstifik
August 23rd, 2009, 01:01 AM
Fairytale ends has been my favorite since the first time I saw one. :)

Ruvie
August 23rd, 2009, 03:22 AM
I have tapered fairytale ends, but I want to grow long and then cut to a blunt line :) Of course I wont cut off more than 2 inches, I think I'd lose it! haha :)

Copasetic
August 24th, 2009, 12:29 PM
I love U shaped hemlines. They look very polished.

Spring
August 24th, 2009, 12:37 PM
I chose straight & blunt, but I like the U shape blunt just as much

tinybabys
August 24th, 2009, 12:40 PM
I have always liked my hair with the strait cut but i have realized that i really like it when it just does it own thing.

halo_tightens
August 26th, 2009, 01:57 PM
I think for the moment, I'll take whatever happens naturally, as I'm so hesitant to lose ANY of the length I have!!

Eventually, I'll want it nice and blunt, probably straight across. I'll wait as long as necessary, though, so I can get long hair. Who needs trims anyway. :cheese:

Komodia
August 26th, 2009, 06:33 PM
i love straight hemlines but not on me, my ends get curly and as my hair is longer (basing this comment on when i had waist lenght) it started to look like a tent hhahaha, a triangle over my head, as i have TOO MUCH hair. so i decided to get it volume reduced.. and jeez they cut it a lot and i ended up even with layers, which i love on straight hair but not on mine...

fairytale, if that means what i think it does, is my fauvorite on MY hair.

GlassEyes
August 26th, 2009, 06:45 PM
I want it thick, but I also want fairytaling/a deep v.

I know, doesn't really work. xD; I tend to think a 'u' might be more masculine too, so I toy with that--not that, at this point, after collecting hairtoys and posting on a hair site, that I can honestly be too concerned with that.

BunnyBee
August 26th, 2009, 07:55 PM
I want a blunt hemline, rather than the layered "V" I have currently. I'd like to be able to braid all the way to the ends of my hair without it getting too thin. One day, sigh :)

Katrina
August 28th, 2009, 04:17 AM
Straight and blunt. I have some layers at the moment but I'm growing them out.

vindo
September 12th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Cureently I have a lot of girls trying to talk me into a V-Shaped hem..and how it would look so much better...

I don't think so. Especially not at that length.

Their comment:

"How is it any good just having long hair just to have it long, and not for the look?"

As if I don't wear it that way because I think it looks good with a straight hem at classic length..:rolleyes:

Kris Dove
September 12th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Emichiee- your hair, with it's straight hem and classic length is exactly what I'm aiming for myself. :)

vindo
September 12th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Emichiee- your hair, with it's straight hem and classic length is exactly what I'm aiming for myself. :)

Thank you! I think for some hair straight just looks better, especially at longer lengths..

But some people are too influenced by fashion I think ;)

RuthieAnne
September 12th, 2009, 10:42 PM
I like blunt with a slight U shape to soften the corners. However I am really starting to like the way my hair clumps and tapers naturally, so I probably will not trim it for at least another year. S&D-ing 4 years worth of damage has also increased the tapering, and I think it looks cool.

God bless,

~Ruthie

Opal25
September 13th, 2009, 09:53 AM
I prefer straight & blunt & have been working towards this, since I currently still have some natural layers although they are not all that noticeable as they once were. Am hoping to have this done by the end of the year & will see how it works out.

I also like U shape blunt, so...who knows....

georgia_peach
September 13th, 2009, 12:51 PM
I vote fairy tale ends, especially if they've been well cared for while growing. That's my goal, which is how my hair was as a child (see my avatar).

Of course, ANY type of healthy hemline on long hair is beautiful!

peachrose
September 13th, 2009, 12:58 PM
I like a soft U shape on my hemline. I used to have straight across and with my thick waves it didn't look that great. I used Feye's self trim and now have a very slight U shape with I really like.

Blackfay
September 15th, 2009, 02:13 AM
For my hair I like a blunt U at the moment. I love the look of fairy tail ends on thicker hair but don't know if they'd look good on my hair. I also love blunt ends on straight hair - it makes it look really healthy, I think.

emeraldfaery
September 15th, 2009, 11:14 AM
I currently have a straight-ish (haha self cut) and blunt hemline, but as I grow I know I get a bit of a fairytale thing going and I like it! Natural and pretty.

Elvi
September 15th, 2009, 11:20 AM
I have shortened my hair to to get some more even ends in a twisted fairly high ponytail. So certainly if the hair is down I have got rather uneven fairytale ends.

Dawna
September 15th, 2009, 11:20 AM
I like mine blunt and straight. Although every time my husband trims my hair for me, he tries to talk me into a U or V shape. I suppose if I had thicker or curlier hair I would prefer a U or V.

flyfaraway
September 16th, 2009, 04:26 PM
I tend to favor hair with more layered ends, although not so much that it looks as though it got attacked by Edward Scissorhands.

sana junaid
September 16th, 2009, 05:53 PM
i like fairy tale ends, i wish my hair grow fast n fast so that my end wil become fairytale ends :)

clairenewcastle
September 16th, 2009, 06:08 PM
I chose straight and blunt for the simple reason that to me blunt ends look the healthiest. Whether straight, round, u-shaped or v-shaped - who cares? That issue really doesn't matter. Over the years I've had them all! As for whether blunt ends really are the healthiest...well, I've seen so much superb hair on this site that is probably a lot healthier than mine yet doesn't have blunt ends...who am I to judge? I just know that unless my ends are blunt I start worrying about splits....haven't trimmed for 7 months and so far so good!

Katurday
September 16th, 2009, 06:28 PM
I perfer a very blunt V-shape. That naturally grows on me, and it emphasises a smaller waist.

silentwanderer
September 18th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Personally, I like a slight U-Shape. I saw v-shapes on curlies before too and it looks good,but not on me.
I also like fairytale ends a lot.

ooo
September 18th, 2009, 03:26 PM
i want to have a straight and blunt hemline. at the moment it's anything but this. i try not to cut my hair till i finnish my studies in 2012. just a little microtrimm and s&d should do it.

Gingevere
September 18th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Right now, I have a very deep v-hemline because I'm in the process of growing out bangs and layers. I'm not really sure what kind of hemline to shoot for... I know the blunt look is not for me, but I think my hair's a bit too straight for a v. Maybe a u or fairy tale ends? I'm just wondering aloud here, lol!

Sissy
September 19th, 2009, 12:49 PM
I prefer straight and blunt.

JuneBelle
September 24th, 2009, 11:13 AM
What are fairytale ends?

I chose naturally layered because I just let it grow in naturally.

MaKenna90
December 18th, 2010, 02:42 PM
I like mine U-shaped with some (almost) layers.

Becky Safari
December 18th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Same as MaKenna, I like the U shape with some subtle layers so there's some movement

princessp
December 18th, 2010, 03:28 PM
When you have hair like mine you really have no choice. My hair won't do the straight across blunt thing. So while I try to keep it U shaped, I always have a somewhat natural layered hemline.

Fadedbluedreams
December 18th, 2010, 04:04 PM
I prefer straight blunt ends on myself because I have fine hair and it makes it look like I have more.

Avvoltoio
December 18th, 2010, 04:24 PM
i most like straight blunt, u-shape blunt, and naturally layered

LoversLullaby
December 18th, 2010, 07:11 PM
I prefer my hemline somewhere inbetween blunt and u-shaped. So I guess a very very very slight u-shape. :)

Timkerbelle
December 19th, 2010, 08:34 AM
I like it straight, or possibly a light U-shape.

luxepiggy
December 19th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Straight and blunt: it's like stilettos for hair! (^(oo)^)

I used to have fairytale ends, and then when I was a sophomore in high school, I met this girl with 1a hip-length hair and a straight, blunt hemline. At one point she turned to say hello to someone, and I thought to myself: I want my hair to look just like that!

Now it does! When I turn my head it moves the exact same way hers did, and it makes me happy (^(oo)^)

soapstone
December 19th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Straight and blunt.
Growing out takes forever.
Sorry, but it does. Looks better/fuller blunt cut.

Anywhere
December 19th, 2010, 09:58 AM
It was tough deciding between straight and blunt or U and blunt. The thing is though, this is only how I think I will like my hemline. I won't know until I actually get a blunt hemline of some sort.

Nymphea
January 31st, 2011, 09:15 AM
I prefer my hemline u-shaped, but I just admire the fairytail ends.

aldasbeke
January 31st, 2011, 09:21 AM
Straight across seems to work fine!

SummerSkye
January 31st, 2011, 09:23 AM
I prefer fairytale ends!

virgo75
January 31st, 2011, 08:21 PM
I voted U-shape & blunt.

I do actually like a straight across hemline, but the way my hair grows and the different levels of curls make a U-shape the better option.

Shrew
February 2nd, 2011, 10:59 AM
My hair is V-/U-shaped by natural way, generally without trimming.
And I like it :)

Mesmerise
February 3rd, 2011, 05:13 AM
I've always preferred straight and blunt... BUT I've seen some really nice V and U ends as well as some nice fairy tales here... and I've come to the conclusion that to me blunt and straight looks great to waist, but I think longer hair looks better with a bit of a V or U... not sure why?! But I've seen some really long hair with a blunt cut and I don't like it as much... so when I'm beyond waist, I'll experiment a wee bit... but not much lol.

Henrietta
February 8th, 2011, 09:03 AM
I like it U shaped and blunt and for now it is so, but I am working (by trimming) to make it straight. Because I think that would be easier to have with classic length hair since I'll rarely wear it down anyway.

Prettyeyes23
February 9th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Straight across and blunt for me!

morecowbell
February 11th, 2011, 09:37 AM
I voted 'naturally layered' because what I want in the end is somewhere between fairytail ends and layers. I want a nice clean natural taper. :)

BrownEyedBeauty
July 25th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Right now, I have a straight across blunt cut. Once I get to my goal length, I want to have a blunt U-shape. I like my ends to have a clean cut, thick look to them.

Amber_Maiden
July 25th, 2012, 02:10 PM
U shaped and blunt, but I have some stupid layers which I'm growing out- and if I could I would love to have fairytale ends!

melusine963
July 26th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Objectively, I like the u-look very much. It wouldn't work for me though, because it would result in an unsightly taper at the end of my braids. This is why I wear my hemline straight and blunt.

snowtale
August 2nd, 2012, 03:44 AM
Blunt U.

For some reason a blunt hemline looks better I think.

Audrey Horne
August 2nd, 2012, 03:48 AM
Straight and blunt but it's U right now... oh well :(

Vampyria
August 2nd, 2012, 04:48 AM
V-shape and blunt. Because I like how it looks in front, and my hair grows slower in the back. I also really like U-shape, but V is easier to cut with my length.

KhiraLi
August 2nd, 2012, 07:06 AM
I think a blunt U shape looks very nice when the hair is down whereas straight and blunt is nice for braids and ponytails

PinkyCat
August 2nd, 2012, 07:10 AM
U shape all the way!

racrane
August 2nd, 2012, 07:15 AM
I voted fairytale because I think it's so pretty, but I like natural layering, too. Either way, I like hair to do its natural thing because everyone's hair is different. I'm weird like that. :)

Shepherdess
August 2nd, 2012, 11:01 AM
I think every person can look good in each of those categories. Some look better with straight blunt ends, and others might look better with fairytale ends and so on.

I myself love the look of fairytale ends, but I somewhat prefer on myself straight thick blunt ends, since I have had them almost my whole life until now (because I haven't trimmed for a long time).

Part of the reason I like my ends thick straight and blunt is because I usually always braid my hair, so I like a nice thick braid all the way down. :D

But then again, I'd like to see what I look like with fairytale ends. :p

jasper
August 5th, 2012, 07:29 PM
I say I prefer a blunt hemline, but maybe I don't really because I won't do the trimming it takes to maintain that.

Nae
August 5th, 2012, 07:36 PM
I would prefer a u-shape but I have some pretty serious fairytailing going on and I am not going to shape it anytime soon. Eventually.

TeaGarden
August 6th, 2012, 12:40 PM
I've never heard of fairytale ends before. What are they?

CurlySasha
August 6th, 2012, 12:50 PM
I love a nice v-shape on my curls :D

Shepherdess
August 6th, 2012, 06:01 PM
I've never heard of fairytale ends before. What are they?

I think it is when you let your hair grow naturally without trimming it.

I came across this thread, and thought you might like it. :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=40313

swearnsue
August 6th, 2012, 07:04 PM
I've been trimming my own hair and I thought I had a blunt hemline until I took the pic in my siggy. Good grief, I need more practice I guess!

Embrace1913
August 6th, 2012, 09:35 PM
I prefer a u-shape on myself but I reallly like fairy-tale ends on other people :)

mararie
May 4th, 2014, 11:27 AM
I like fairytale ends and a blunt V-shape very much! I'm not a fan of straight and blunt on fine hair like mine.

Johannah
May 4th, 2014, 11:28 AM
A slight U-shape!

Sharysa
May 6th, 2014, 02:29 PM
My option wasn't listed--U-hem with fairy tale ends. I hate blunt and straight hemlines on myself now that my hair's past waist, since it looks so severe on my tiny frame. Plus, braids AND waves hold better with minimally trimmed and natural ends. And then since my hair's wavy now that it's healthy, blunt straight hems won't look right on a day to day basis.

That, and I can't feel like a princess without nice, wispy fairy-tale ends. :D

Other people look really good with blunt straight hems, though.

MadeiraD
May 6th, 2014, 03:15 PM
I like my ends blunt for easier braiding, but my hemline right now is very fairytale/slooowly grown out salon layers

FireFromWithin
May 6th, 2014, 03:50 PM
I have quite thin hair so anything not blunt on me makes my ends look very thin (also since they were previously damaged) I like straight across for easier styling. I would even consider a slightly inverted U shape as it would help to make some of my more ambitious styles easier!