PDA

View Full Version : You know my damaged ends?.... they're finally GONE!

Nightshade
July 10th, 2009, 08:37 AM
I had a trim just before the 4th of July and wanted to make triple, quadruple, absolutely SURE I was right before posting this, but here goes...

That damage I have kvetched about, whined about, and otherwise posted endlessly (but not as endlessly as henna) about are GONE.

My DH asked me how much I wanted off and I said 1.5 inches... that took me from Classic to somewhere between tailbone and classic, but the very last of the tattered dye damage that's held on since I stopped dying my with chemicals and switched to henna in 2005 is finally gone :cheer:

There's still some ruby-red on the ends from henna, and I'd like to thicken up my hemline, so I plan to keep trimming here and there, but it's nice to know that I'm officially a 100% henna/cassia head and that the last bit of the dye that caused my hair to break from hip to BSL has been snipped, swept, and tossed in the trash.

My thanks to you all, who have listened to me whine, who have supported me when I despaired, and who have let me prattle endlessly about my efforts to remove the dye slowly while hanging onto my length.

Getting rid of that dratted dye was my first LHC goal, and it took me longer than reaching my goal length of tailbone. For all the trouble, I really wouldn't change how I went about it. It took 4+ years, but my hair went from trashed, burgundy, and BSL, feeling like Velcro and plastic doll's hair, to golden copper, nearly classic and silky,wavy and soft.

Thank you again, friends :flowers: Special thanks to Beldaran and Belisama, my two real-life friends who are also on LHC- without your reassurance, Belisama, and your loving kicks to my arse, Beldaran, I don't think I'd have managed.

And yes, here's your obligatory photo. It's pre-trim, but you can't see much of a difference- just like this, only a titch shorter :lol:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?u=5944&dateline=1243666318&type=profile

I won't repost the large pics as they were in my anniverasy thread, but in case anyone wanted to see:

10-years of color evolution (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=1695&pictureid=32675)
Bun Evolution (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=1695&pictureid=32674)
Hair History going back to pre-LHC (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=1695&pictureid=20633)
Hair History while at LHC (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=1695&pictureid=32676)
Now, onward to a thicker hemline! :eyebrows:

ETA: Here's the obligatory plug for the article Damaged Hair: Understanding, Preventing & Rehabilitating (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=79). It's how I did what I did :)

Fencai
July 10th, 2009, 08:39 AM
That's awesome! Congrats!!! :cheese::cheese::cheese:

SimplyViki
July 10th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Woohoo!!!

I've got quite a ways to go, but if you can do it, then so can I! :D

AmyJorgensen
July 10th, 2009, 08:44 AM
I feel so spoiled now. All I ever had to deal with was some old cone/careless brushing damage(yes, still working on it).

Your hair is looking great!

By which method did you get those curls in your sig?

Nightshade
July 10th, 2009, 08:53 AM
That's awesome! Congrats!!! :cheese::cheese::cheese:

:cheer: EEEEEEEE!!! Thank you!

Woohoo!!!

I've got quite a ways to go, but if you can do it, then so can I! :D

EXACTLY! :inlove:

I feel so spoiled now. All I ever had to deal with was some old cone/careless brushing damage(yes, still working on it).

Your hair is looking great!

By which method did you get those curls in your sig?

Thank you so much! The curls in my sig are done with a bumper iron during the trial run of my wedding hair. You can see the whole story here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=10985), with pics of the process somewhere around post 60 :)

ButterCup02
July 10th, 2009, 08:53 AM
CONGRATULATIONS! What a mile stone! Your hair is so amazing :)

FallenAngel
July 10th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Congratulation! You are true inspiration and gives noobs like me hope! Thanks for all your sharing.

wahmof9
July 10th, 2009, 09:23 AM
I love it! You hair is beautiful...I can't wait to get there!

Cherry_Sprinkle
July 10th, 2009, 09:28 AM
I am doing exactly the same thing with my ends and layers that you've done :) I :inlove: your hair!

camirra555
July 10th, 2009, 09:30 AM
That's great! I'm sure it looks amazing cause it already did even before the trim!

lyria
July 10th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Congratulations! You have such gorgeous hair and I really parreciated seeing al the photos, what a journey! Sometimes it feels like I'll never have long hair, but you are inspiring :)

rhubarbarin
July 10th, 2009, 09:35 AM
I'm happy for you Nightshade! Your hair looks amazing.

You are my 'growing-out-damage' inspiration and thank you so much for sharing what you've learned while you did it.

Dvips
July 10th, 2009, 09:43 AM
:hollie: Congratulations on meeting such an important goal!!!

Nightshade
July 10th, 2009, 09:44 AM
CONGRATULATIONS! What a mile stone! Your hair is so amazing :)

Awww, thank you :flowers:

Congratulation! You are true inspiration and gives noobs like me hope! Thanks for all your sharing.

You're welcome! It just takes time and patience and care. The patience is the hard part :lol:

I love it! You hair is beautiful...I can't wait to get there!

It'll come faster than you think! In the process it seemed like it'd never end, but looking back, it went really fast!

I am doing exactly the same thing with my ends and layers that you've done :) I :inlove: your hair!

Yay! I hope it works well for you too! :blossom:

That's great! I'm sure it looks amazing cause it already did even before the trim!

Thank you so much! The ends look a bit thicker, but otherwise, yeah, it looks a lot the same :)

Congratulations! You have such gorgeous hair and I really parreciated seeing al the photos, what a journey! Sometimes it feels like I'll never have long hair, but you are inspiring :)

You'll get there! I'm glad the pictures helped :)

I'm happy for you Nightshade! Your hair looks amazing.

You are my 'growing-out-damage' inspiration and thank you so much for sharing what you've learned while you did it.

I'm glad you've found my prattling helpful :flowers: I can't wait to hear that your damage is gone as well!

JamieRose
July 10th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Congratulations!!! It must be such a triumphant feeling... I can't wait until I feel the same way when all my damage is gone. :D

GlassEyes
July 10th, 2009, 09:50 AM
:D Congrats, Nightshade!

rach
July 10th, 2009, 09:51 AM
well done! i'm glad your happy with it now , i can wait till i've reached a similar goal myself. and it's so silky like a waterfall :flower:

angelthadiva
July 10th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Congrats on meeting your goal! :thumbsup:

mugglemomof3
July 10th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Congratulations!! and let me tell you: it's not whining, it's support. Because I'm in the same boat, and every time you talked about how you were making progress and "am getting closer", it just makes me feel like I can do it too someday!!! Your articles and experience are totally invaluable to members like me!!!

I hope to make this same kind of thread a few years down the road, except I'll be quite happy with my burgundy red hair!!! (it's always been my favorite color!!!!)

:heartbeat :waving: :flowers:

rhubarbarin
July 10th, 2009, 09:58 AM
I'm glad you've found my prattling helpful :flowers: I can't wait to hear that your damage is gone as well!

Well, if you're still here in 4 years or so I will be posting pictures!

coolbreeze212
July 10th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Yay, Nightshade!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: Your hair is so gorgeous, btw! :)

Someday....I'll know that thrilling feeling for myself....I can hardly wait!!

gmdiaz
July 10th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Ooooh, that's so great!

Your hair looks wonderful!

Nightshade
July 10th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Congratulations!!! It must be such a triumphant feeling... I can't wait until I feel the same way when all my damage is gone.

It is :) Not as triumphant as I thought it'd be, more of a calm satisfaction for having seen it through to the end without a major chop.

Congrats, Nightshade!

Thank you, GlassEyes!

well done! i'm glad your happy with it now , i can wait till i've reached a similar goal myself. and it's so silky like a waterfall

It finally feels like it looks. For awhile there it looked okay, but felt terrible :nono: I look forward to you hitting the same goal!

Congrats on meeting your goal! :thumbsup:

Thank you, my dear!

Congratulations!! and let me tell you: it's not whining, it's support. Because I'm in the same boat, and every time you talked about how you were making progress and "am getting closer", it just makes me feel like I can do it too someday!!! Your articles and experience are totally invaluable to members like me!!!

I hope to make this same kind of thread a few years down the road, except I'll be quite happy with my burgundy red hair!!! (it's always been my favorite color!!!!)

:heartbeat :flowers:

I know you can do it MMo3! I know I whined sometimes, but I'm glad that it helped to give others heart.

Well, if you're still here in 4 years or so I will be posting pictures!

Heh, well, I'm not planning on going anywhere, so I'll be waiting for those pics! :p

Yay, Nightshade!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: Your hair is so gorgeous, btw! :)

Someday....I'll know that thrilling feeling for myself....I can hardly wait!!

Thank you so much! That day will be here faster than you think, promise :)

Ooooh, that's so great!

Your hair looks wonderful!

Yay! Thank you :D

free_hug
July 10th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Congrats and a cheesecake, Nightshade :D

A legendary history of growing out damage is over today, but will forever remain written in the LHC chronicles...

LutraLutra
July 10th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Great work :cheer: Hair is amazing stuff, isn't it? With a little TLC the difference is amazing. :)

Madame J
July 10th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Congrats! So now your hair is going to look even more gorgeous? Not really fair....

But, still, congrats!

Arctic
July 10th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Congratulations! You have been an inspiration to so many LHCers with your patient approach, you really decerve to celerate! :cheer: :cheer:

rogue_psyche
July 10th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Congrats! I'm growing out dye and switching to henna as well and your hair has been very inspiring. Last time I grew out dye it took three years with periodic chops to APL. Now I'm hoping to make my goal of waist length, maintain until the damage is gone, and go from there.

Thanks for the inspiration and knowledge you bring to LHC!

Rohele
July 10th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Congratulations - here's to happy, healthy ends!

You're an inspiration for anyone who's growing out damage - you have absolutely gorgeous hair. :)

Allegra
July 10th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Well done! Your article on damage and overcoming it was one of the first I read here, and one of the most useful. i still refer to it every so often. So it's inspiring to see your advice in action!

Brianna
July 10th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Congratulations! Your hair looks wonderful, it must feel great to have finally reached that goal. ^^

It's also really inspiring, as I'm reaching for pretty much the same goal as you (dye-free tailbone/classic). I can only hope I end up with hair as gorgeous as yours. :D

Nightshade
July 10th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Congrats and a cheesecake, Nightshade

A legendary history of growing out damage is over today, but will forever remain written in the LHC chronicles...

ROFL I didn't think it was quite legendary, perhaps I talked more about it than I thought! :p

Great work Hair is amazing stuff, isn't it? With a little TLC the difference is amazing.

It is, I never thought my hair could be so nice! This is the longest it's been (around classic) since I was 13, and I was a good deal shorter then! :lol:

Congrats! So now your hair is going to look even more gorgeous? Not really fair....

But, still, congrats!

Bah, it doesn't look that much different, actually. ;)

Congratulations! You have been an inspiration to so many LHCers with your patient approach, you really decerve to celerate!

Thank you :D I'm thinking of treating myself with a chai while I pack boxes this weekend.

Congratulations on meeting such an important goal!!!

Thank you :D More than the length, this was what I was working for :) I LIKE my length, but this just makes me happier. That said, if I'd ever have chopped instead, THAT would have made me terribly unhappy.

Congrats! I'm growing out dye and switching to henna as well and your hair has been very inspiring. Last time I grew out dye it took three years with periodic chops to APL. Now I'm hoping to make my goal of waist length, maintain until the damage is gone, and go from there.

Thanks for the inspiration and knowledge you bring to LHC!

You're so welcome :) I have no doubts you can achieve your goal! We want pics when you do! :eyebrows:

Congratulations - here's to happy, healthy ends!

You're an inspiration for anyone who's growing out damage - you have absolutely gorgeous hair.

Thank you so much! It's nice not to have them go CRUNCH anymore.

Well done! Your article on damage and overcoming it was one of the first I read here, and one of the most useful. i still refer to it every so often. So it's inspiring to see your advice in action!

I'm glad it was useful! I actually wrote it in a terribly long (boring) business meeting :twisted:

Congratulations! Your hair looks wonderful, it must feel great to have finally reached that goal. ^^

It's also really inspiring, as I'm reaching for pretty much the same goal as you (dye-free tailbone/classic). I can only hope I end up with hair as gorgeous as yours.

I've no doubts your hair will be even more stunning than it is now! :blossom:

feralnature
July 10th, 2009, 12:50 PM
I am another who is inspired by you. It is evident in my siggy pic that I am growing out hair damaged by chemical bleach and dyes. I found LHC and am now on a similar course as you were, growing it out and not trimming till it is longer. Thanks for showing us how it is done :)

AnneAdeline
July 10th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Congratulations!

You're an inspiration to the rest of us! I've been growing out bleach damage and I love seeing how you've managed to keep your length while regaining healthy hair. :flower:

enfys
July 10th, 2009, 01:28 PM
You have the hair most of us want; even more so now.

Congrats on this milestone, it really is a pretty big one!

Coriander
July 10th, 2009, 01:33 PM
*Squeals with joy*

:cheer: :happydance:

I'm thrilled for you. I know those ends have plagued you for years, and now they're gone. Woo!!!

(counting down the years until all my chemical dye is gone...)

:D

ETA: You wrote that article in a meeting? You're extremely articulate and to the point - I admire your ability to pay attention like that to more than one thing at a time!

teela1978
July 10th, 2009, 01:43 PM
woo hoo! congrats!

Nightshade
July 10th, 2009, 01:43 PM
I am another who is inspired by you. It is evident in my siggy pic that I am growing out hair damaged by chemical bleach and dyes. I found LHC and am now on a similar course as you were, growing it out and not trimming till it is longer. Thanks for showing us how it is done :)

Good luck! Don't be afraid to dust the ends along the way if you feel they need it :)

Congratulations!

You're an inspiration to the rest of us! I've been growing out bleach damage and I love seeing how you've managed to keep your length while regaining healthy hair. :flower:

Thank you :inlove: It's possible, just takes awhile...

You have the hair most of us want; even more so now.

Congrats on this milestone, it really is a pretty big one!

Yay! This was the milestone I wanted the most :cheese: So very worth the wait!

*Squeals with joy*

:cheer: :happydance:

I'm thrilled for you. I know those ends have plagued you for years, and now they're gone. Woo!!!

(counting down the years until all my chemical dye is gone...)

:D

ETA: You wrote that article in a meeting? You're extremely articulate and to the point - I admire your ability to pay attention like that to more than one thing at a time!

They were a monster plague, but good riddance :)

Heh, yeah. It was our yearly department meeting, which means we spend an entire week getting nothing of any importance done, and just a lot of people talking and doing "YAY TEAM" stuff.

So far as they knew I was just taking some really diligent notes :lol:

I'm glad you liked it, I'm a writer by trade, so it's good that it's readable!

Carina
July 10th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Congrats Nightshade:cheer:!!!! I just love how my hair feels after a trim.You know the thick healthy ends;).Tangles seems to be history when the split ends are gone.:hifive:.

Hairth&Home
July 10th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Congratulations! :toast:
I've admired your hair ever since I first arrived at LHC.
It is monumentally stunning! :inlove:
You are truly an inspiration for all of us.

Rentlle
July 10th, 2009, 02:18 PM
wooooh, congratz!! :D
woow.. you have done a long journey with your beautiful hair :)

WritingPrincess
July 10th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Wonderful! I've told you this before but your hair is a dream, and congratulations on finally getting rid of the old ends. Yay! :bounce:

Heidi_234
July 10th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Does that mean you've grown from short to tailbone+ in 5 years? That's impressive. I'm so happy for you! I'm almost done with my nasty ends, I can imagine what a relief it is! Anyway, congrats. :cheer: Looking at your hair properties I just realized that you must be one of few ii people whose hair looks really thick and full (yes, despite what you think about your ends :)).

Fractalsofhair
July 10th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Congrats! I envy your hair!

JamieLeigh
July 10th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Congratulations!!!!!!!! :cheese::cheese::cheese: I bet you're really excited!! :D

Amara
July 10th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Congratulations! You're inspiring to me, along with anyone else growing out damage/color and gaining length simultaniously.

rags
July 10th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Congratulations! You're one of my hair idols! I'm glad you finally got rid of those last plaguey bits! :disco: :cheese: :happydance:

Celebrian
July 10th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Beautiful (as usual). And encouraging to me (also trimming patiently away as the months and years pass by...).

Honestly, Nightshade, your pics are always like works of art. They look as if they should be blown up and pasted across billboards nationwide! Well, that's the way I view them, anyway... :D

caribou55313
July 10th, 2009, 05:22 PM
SO pretty! Congratulations on persisting to your goal!

patience
July 10th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Congratulations! :cheer:

You're such an inspiration to all of us growing out our damaged hair.

wintersun99
July 10th, 2009, 06:45 PM

zombi
July 10th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Congratulations!! That must be such an awesome feeling. I cannot WAIT til I trim off my crazy damage! Patience is right -- you're such an inspiration.

manderly
July 10th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Congratulations! :cheer:

Blue Willow
July 10th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Your hair is just lovely! Thank you for sharing..

invisiblebabe
July 10th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Your hair looks so soft!! :)

Carolyn
July 10th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Yay! isn't it grand to finally reach that long sought after goal? It takes time and patience but it's so worth it. Congrats!

RavennaNight
July 10th, 2009, 11:02 PM
:cheer: How awesome! I've been seeing your progress here since I joined! It's really cool to hear you hit your goal! Congratulations!

pixiedoo
July 11th, 2009, 03:56 AM
Your hair is so beautiful and an inspiration for everyone with damaged hair :)

Thanks for the article on damaged hair as well, t's really informative and veryuseful. I look at your hair and think there is hope for my chemically damaged mess!!

cindy58
July 11th, 2009, 05:54 AM
Congrats! It must feel so good to know that it's gone for good!

Your hair stunning, love the color, the length, the waves!

darkwaves
July 11th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Congrats! That's the milestone I want to reach!

I've enjoyed watching your progress here -- your hair looks wonderful.

Lize
July 11th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Congratulations! You have amazing hair!

Quahatundightu
July 11th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Yaaay :D You are the best inspiration! Hopefully the last of my damaged hair will grow out too ^^ Thanks for giving us hope about that, I mean I always feel like the process just takes so long... so seeing your post is wonderful to know it is possible to reach such a goal :)

LilyMunster
July 11th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Well done nightshade.

AJoifulNoise
July 11th, 2009, 09:19 AM
How am I just now seeing this thread? Congrats, Nightshade!

I'll be joining you in this goal in a another year, maybe. :D

walkinglady
July 11th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Congratulations, it's been a long process but look at the beautiful outcome! You're hair is gorgeous!

I still remember a thread years back about a little girl who saw your hair. If I remember right you were at a park. With an awestruck voice she said, "Oh mommy, look at her hair. Isn't it pretty." You really impressed her! Your hair impresses me as well : )

Nightshade
July 13th, 2009, 07:30 AM
:bigeyes: Wow, thank you all for your kind words of congratulations :blossom:

I'm glad the things I've learned are helpful to others in turn, and I hope to see more "my damage is gone" threads in the future :inlove:

Does that mean you've grown from short to tailbone+ in 5 years? That's impressive. I'm so happy for you! I'm almost done with my nasty ends, I can imagine what a relief it is! Anyway, congrats. Looking at your hair properties I just realized that you must be one of few ii people whose hair looks really thick and full (yes, despite what you think about your ends ).

Well, I guess that depends if you consider "short" to be BSL :) Since I trimmed about as much as I grew, I could have been to knee or so if my hair had been healthy (and if I wanted to grow to knee). There's some people here that have gone from shoulder to classic in 5 years, but their hair didn't need as much trimming :)

My hair has a nice habit of looking thicker than it is when it's down. :) I'm grateful for that :p

Beautiful (as usual). And encouraging to me (also trimming patiently away as the months and years pass by...).

Honestly, Nightshade, your pics are always like works of art. They look as if they should be blown up and pasted across billboards nationwide! Well, that's the way I view them, anyway...

*chuckles* Nice as my bathroom is, I don't think I'd want it on a billboard :lol:

Keep with the trims and the care; it seems like you're not getting anywhere for a long while, but once it starts improving it gets better fast :)

Yay! isn't it grand to finally reach that long sought after goal? It takes time and patience but it's so worth it. Congrats!

Thank you! It did take a lot of time, but I'm so glad I never had to start over with short hair, even though it'd have been a lot easier in many respects.

Congratulations, it's been a long process but look at the beautiful outcome! You're hair is gorgeous!

I still remember a thread years back about a little girl who saw your hair. If I remember right you were at a park. With an awestruck voice she said, "Oh mommy, look at her hair. Isn't it pretty." You really impressed her! Your hair impresses me as well : )

Awwww, you remembered that! That's so awesome :inlove:

Curlsgirl
July 13th, 2009, 07:42 AM
DOING THE HAPPY DANCE WITH YOU!!!!!!

:cheese::cheese::cheese:

Isa-belle
July 13th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Congratulations Nightshade! You are a great inspiration :flowers:

Nightshade
July 13th, 2009, 03:37 PM
DOING THE HAPPY DANCE WITH YOU!!!!!!

:cheese::cheese::cheese:

Horray for happy dances :cheer:

Congratulations Nightshade! You are a great inspiration :flowers:

Awww, thank you :) I don't tend to think of myself that way, but I'm glad what I learned can help others!

ReddishRocks
July 13th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Congratulations! What patience! :D

Firefly
July 13th, 2009, 06:52 PM
I'm so happy for you, Nightshade! You've been a huge inspiration for me as I'm growing out dye-damaged ends too. That you've made your goal is very exciting... it means it CAN happen for me, too.

Anyway, just wanted to say: Brava!

Leabhar
July 13th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Congratulations, Nightshade! I did not have the patience and cut my hair to a bob to grow out dye and layers to simplify things, so I'm even more impressed with your diligence and care. Any ideas how long you'll go? :)

30isthenewblack
July 13th, 2009, 08:26 PM
You're very inspirational Nightshade. Like many of us on the board, I don't want to lose my length so I'm nuturing my damaging locks while encouraging new growth :smile:

dorothea-brooke
July 13th, 2009, 09:11 PM
:cheer: Wow, big congrats to you! It looks just great. :D

adiapalic
July 13th, 2009, 09:22 PM
As always, your hair is looking wonderfully! Congratulations on reaching your goal! :D

Nightshade
July 14th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Congratulations! What patience!

It took a LONG time. There's a lot of truth to the saying that long hair happens while you're doing other things :lol:

I'm so happy for you, Nightshade! You've been a huge inspiration for me as I'm growing out dye-damaged ends too. That you've made your goal is very exciting... it means it CAN happen for me, too.

Anyway, just wanted to say: Brava!

It can, and it will, and it will be awesome :D Keep up the good work!

Congratulations, Nightshade! I did not have the patience and cut my hair to a bob to grow out dye and layers to simplify things, so I'm even more impressed with your diligence and care. Any ideas how long you'll go?

I'm not sure. I initially said tailbone, and ended up at classic before my trim and found I like classic a lot. I've dithered with the idea of fingertip as well :ponder:

You're very inspirational Nightshade. Like many of us on the board, I don't want to lose my length so I'm nuturing my damaging locks while encouraging new growth :smile:

That's the way to do it! :cheer:

:cheer: Wow, big congrats to you! It looks just great. :D

Thank you :inlove: I've got more work to do, I'd like to trim out a few layers and the like, but it's so nice having the last of the velcro ends gone.

As always, your hair is looking wonderfully! Congratulations on reaching your goal! :D

Thank you so very much :flowers: The best part is when I sleep and roll over on my braid tassel it isn't like rolling onto a brier!

Gilly
July 15th, 2009, 02:47 AM
I am so pleased for you Nightshade:cheese: You have always been an inspiration for me, your hair is fabulous!

Teazel
July 15th, 2009, 03:21 AM
Congratulations, your hair is looking gorgeous! :)

hennaphile
July 15th, 2009, 03:53 AM
Call me dense, but did your post have the latest picture up? I've seen the one you posted in your album, but is that the latest? Regardless, I always admire your hair :flower:

Nightshade
July 15th, 2009, 07:03 AM
I am so pleased for you Nightshade:cheese: You have always been an inspiration for me, your hair is fabulous!

Awww thank you :flowers:

Congratulations, your hair is looking gorgeous! :)

Thank you so much :inlove:

Call me dense, but did your post have the latest picture up? I've seen the one you posted in your album, but is that the latest? Regardless, I always admire your hair :flower:

It's pre-trim, but it honestly doesn't look too different :lol: I'll try to get a new one soon!

LittleOrca
July 15th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Give me your strength and patience to deal with my ends too! :pray:

Grats Nightshade! :grouphug:

Nightshade
July 15th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Give me your strength and patience to deal with my ends too! :pray:

Grats Nightshade! :grouphug:

I've no doubt you can do it! *gives Little Orca the Magic Cloak of Patience +5*

LittleOrca
July 15th, 2009, 03:20 PM
I've no doubt you can do it! *gives Little Orca the Magic Cloak of Patience +5*

Is that a warcraft item? :rollin:

DavidN
July 15th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Congratulations, Nightshade, and your hair is so shiny, with outstanding colour!

Isilme
July 16th, 2009, 05:22 AM
You finally made it! Many congratulations! You really are living legend on the boards with your expertise at caring for damaged hair:)

Nightshade
July 16th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Is that a warcraft item? :rollin:

Not that I know of :p

Congratulations, Nightshade, and your hair is so shiny, with outstanding colour!

Thank you so much :flowers:

You finally made it! Many congratulations! You really are living legend on the boards with your expertise at caring for damaged hair:)

Heh, thanks! :o I'm glad it's a living legend... :brains: :lol:

Samara Morgan
July 16th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Nightshade your hair is looking so beautiful! :cloud9: You are one of my hair idols on here and it's lovely to see you achieving your goals :grin: Well done! :flower:

jel
July 16th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Hey, how did I miss this?

Woo-hoo!!! :cheer: Congrats, Nightshade! Not sure I can call you hair sister any more, due to your beautiful coppery hue, but you're still, as ever, an inspiration...

~GypsyCurls~
July 16th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Congrats! :) You continue to be an inspiration to many of us here at LHC.

lucys
July 17th, 2009, 02:53 AM
Wow, Nightshade. That is amazing.

I think I said once (a long time ago) that your hair was one of my huge inspirations for growing mine out. That looks amazing, and has served me as a reminder of why I wanted mine long in the first place.

Amoretti
July 17th, 2009, 03:48 AM
Congratulations, Nightshade! :cheese: Your hair is definitely thudworthy!!! I loved looking at the links you posted and seeing your amazing progress. :thud:

Gothic Lolita
July 17th, 2009, 05:42 AM
Congratulations for finally succeeding! I don't know whether I had the patience to keep trimming and pampering such a long time, but seeing your hair definitely kicks my behind! And i only want to get rid of layers :D

Nightshade
July 17th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Nightshade your hair is looking so beautiful! You are one of my hair idols on here and it's lovely to see you achieving your goals Well done!

Wee! Thank you so much :D I'm honored to be among your idols :)

Hey, how did I miss this?

Woo-hoo!!! Congrats, Nightshade! Not sure I can call you hair sister any more, due to your beautiful coppery hue, but you're still, as ever, an inspiration...

Bah, we can still be sisters, just not twins ;)

Congrats! You continue to be an inspiration to many of us here at LHC.

I'm so happy that my story helps others in practice and inspiration :)

Wow, Nightshade. That is amazing.

I think I said once (a long time ago) that your hair was one of my huge inspirations for growing mine out. That looks amazing, and has served me as a reminder of why I wanted mine long in the first place.

Wow, thank you so much :flowers:

Congratulations, Nightshade! Your hair is definitely thudworthy!!! I loved looking at the links you posted and seeing your amazing progress. :thud:

I'm so glad you liked the links! I debated putting them in at all, honestly. :o

Congratulations for finally succeeding! I don't know whether I had the patience to keep trimming and pampering such a long time, but seeing your hair definitely kicks my behind! And i only want to get rid of layers :D

You can do it! :cheer: Just takes time... and a lot of kvetching :lol: