PDA

View Full Version : Funny hair comment from a kid

rose_in_bloom
July 9th, 2009, 11:20 PM
I was babysitting three boys tonight (ages 4, 2, and 1). The two older boys were pretending to be knights, and the 4 year old was brandishing a "spear", which was actually a vacuum cleaner extension tube...kids are so funny. :D Anyway, he suddenly announced:

"I'm going to cut your hair off with my spear!"

Me: *playfully* WHAT?? Why are you going to do that?

Kid: *in a confused voice* "Well...because it's long."

Me: "Why would you cut it just because it's long? I like my long hair."

Kid: "But, I get my hair cut when it's long, so that means you have to cut yours too because it's long."

Me: "Nooo, I like mine to be long."

Kid: "Well...I'm going to cut it anyway!!"

And he proceded to lightly tap my head with the "spear", and then announced proudly that it was all cut off. I pretended to be devastated, and he and his little brothers thought it was hilarious. Later in the evening the 2 year old said in some form of baby talk: "Cut her hair again!"

It was really amusing. :lol:

Off topic funny quote from the same 4 year old: *after stabbing me with his "spear"* "You be not alive anymore, ok?"

Hehe...I love kids.

LittleOrca
July 9th, 2009, 11:27 PM
lol That is so cute! :)

"You be not alive anymore, ok?" :rollin:

Zindell
July 9th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Naw! So cute! :-D

nowxisxforever
July 10th, 2009, 12:03 AM
Awwww, how cute.

JKRBeloved
July 10th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Little ones can say things in such an adorable way that adults just can't pull off.

Feye
July 10th, 2009, 12:35 AM
Kids are really cute. Generally though, they love long hair and don't want to cut it off. I was going to trim the ends on my sister's hair, and her 5-year-old daughter was so worried that I'd make it short. When I was done she was satisfied and now she trusts me with the scissors :D

rose_in_bloom
July 10th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Little ones can say things in such an adorable way that adults just can't pull off.

So true! If I'd had that same type of conversation with an adult, I would have posted a rant about how insensitive and rude that person was. But since it was a kid, it's just funny and cute. :)

embee
July 10th, 2009, 05:42 AM
Funny! :) Just don't let them play around you with scissors, they might actually try to *cut* something! Arrgh, what a horror that would be!

marzipanthecat
July 10th, 2009, 06:18 AM
That's so cute!

A friend of mine - her 3 year old daughter came in to me, holding a pot plant, and saying "This is deadified".

(Yes, it was indeed a dead plant. It was killified with over-watering, I reckon!)

Chrissy
July 10th, 2009, 06:29 AM
LOL!! Love all these kid stories. :) I am lucky to have 3 sisters really close in age to me. When we were younger we had all sorts of fun imaginations for games etc.

AmyJorgensen
July 10th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Chrissy, your hair is looking so nice. I'm sure I can see a lot of improvement from your old signature.

redneckprincess
July 10th, 2009, 07:21 AM
kids...there so cute ....sometimes

ButterCup02
July 10th, 2009, 08:58 AM
LOL Kids are so funny! What a cute story! We have 8 neices and nephews all under the age of 4, they are soooo much fun!! I love baby sitting!

Rentlle
July 10th, 2009, 02:55 PM
oooh, that's just realy sweet :)

raenna
July 10th, 2009, 03:04 PM
When my hair was much longer and very blonde a little boy was staring at my head. Finally he said, "Is that a wig?" I thought it was so funny, but, he was dead serious. I pulled on it really hard to prove it to him. Ugh, how I wish my hair was that long again!

I just joined the list even though I've lurked for years!:)

krissykins
July 10th, 2009, 03:08 PM
So true! If I'd had that same type of conversation with an adult, I would have posted a rant about how insensitive and rude that person was. But since it was a kid, it's just funny and cute. :)

And I would be the first to ask why you were conversing with an adult who wants to chop your hair off with a fake spear/vacuum hose. :P

But that is sooo adorable. I love stories like this

Elphie
July 10th, 2009, 03:12 PM
That is a really cute story! I spend my day around little people. During lunchtime, we were talking about foods we like and one little girl said "strawberries, cheese, yogurt and long hair". I laughed and asked her if she liked my hair and she smiled and said "yeah".

ButterCup02
July 10th, 2009, 03:51 PM
That is a really cute story! I spend my day around little people. During lunchtime, we were talking about foods we like and one little girl said "strawberries, cheese, yogurt and long hair". I laughed and asked her if she liked my hair and she smiled and said "yeah".

So cute!! My little neice is 4 and is growing her hair out long. She informed me the last time I saw her that she was only growing it to right above her butt because she didn't want it to fall into the toilet when she peed LMAO!! Aaah so cute!

JamieLeigh
July 10th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Hahahaha....kids are awesome! :D That was a really funny hair-cut scenario.

Nyghtingale
July 10th, 2009, 04:20 PM
That's so cute

Moonstruck
July 12th, 2009, 12:41 AM
Hahahaha, all these stories are so intensely cute!

A little girl asked me once if I was going to become Rapunzel one day, and I feel like little kids ask to touch it all the time. So much cuter than adults, definitely. Haha.

ladylibra
July 12th, 2009, 06:03 AM
Chrissy, your hair is looking so nice. I'm sure I can see a lot of improvement from your old signature.

Way off-topic, but we are both in the Hoosier state so I wanted to say hi! ;)

LisaB234
July 12th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Darling kid story! I used to take care of a little guy who didn't like to get his hair cut - he referred to the process as "getting barbered." SO, the key to long hair - don't get barbered! ;-)