PDA

View Full Version : I think I reached waist (?) , but do I have a bald spot?

sweetbluesky
July 9th, 2009, 12:39 AM
I think I might have reached waist, I know I have lots of layers that need to grow out, but the bottom are lingering around there.
But I noticed something I often feel, it's on the top left of my head, not too far from the crown. Is it a bald spot:(? Is it something else?? What can I do to fix it? It's like a permanent part that is shaped like a small line, it comes often in different hairstyles. I really noticed it in a picture today. Does anyone else have this? What is it?

DragonLady
July 9th, 2009, 12:46 AM
I have that, too. It's just a place where my hair naturally seperates, and leaves a line of scalp showing.

If anyone has a cure, I'm all ears.

Gulbahar
July 9th, 2009, 12:50 AM
Ha! The curse of the Evil Hair Cleavage. I don't have a cure, alas. :rolleyes:

lynnala
July 9th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Sounds like the demon cowlick, a little devil that many of us have to deal with:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=20230&highlight=cowlick

eadwine
July 9th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Cleavage, yep. I have it too. I simply use a fine tooth comb and some mist to keep the hair over it :)

GoddesJourney
July 9th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Sometimes it's just a scar. The hair doesn't grow over it. If it's a flat scar, it might not look like one.

lora410
July 9th, 2009, 10:16 AM
I get this as well :)

bigdreamer
July 9th, 2009, 10:23 AM
I have that big cowlick too, mines huge! My friend and I used to laugh about it because I was always whining about my "bald spot". It's not bald, just hair going in its own direction. I'm really hoping if I get long hair someday that will stay behind my shoulders that it won't be so noticable, most of my hair tends to migrate in front of my shoulders now and its like a giant part back there. very annoying. Now I just try to comb the split out while it's drying, sometimes that helps.

sweetbluesky
July 10th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Wow, thanks guys, no longer concerned, feels good to know it's not a bald spot! :cheese:

Rentlle
July 10th, 2009, 02:53 PM
haha, happy you :p
you made me also verry happy with this thread XD
I can go to sleep now.. haha :lol:

Fairlight63
July 10th, 2009, 03:48 PM
I have it also. So glad to hear that I am not the only one.
I am really self concious about it.
I wear my hair in a half-up with a barrette to keep it from separating there & then comb to make sure that it is covered. If I wear it in an updo or bun I have to check to make sure that it is "covered" by the other hair.

jasper
September 7th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Me too on this. I didn't notice it until I started trying to take pictures of my hair.
I think my hair is a bit thin in that spot. It seems to be right about where I would anchor a pony tail.

SheaLynne
September 11th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Whew! I am so relieved to hear this is a common problem...I, too, have this "bald spot" and didn't really notice it until I've been taking pics and looking at the back of my head so much. I was afraid I was thinning "with age" but couldn't see how I could have the thick hair I have and also have a bald spot! It is annoying, but it is a relief to hear that others have this, too, and that it's not thinning!!

And congrats on reaching waist (mine also has some shorter layers, but the longest parts are definitely waist...LOVE it brushing the backs of my elbows!)

Alethia
September 11th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Yup, I have a bigger cleavage on my head than I do on my chest........

rhubarbarin
September 11th, 2009, 03:31 PM
You don't have a bald spot. The majority of people have an area on the crown of the head where the hair grows in a swirl or circular pattern. It's often called a 'cowlick'. With short hair, it will stick up; with longer hair, you'll get an awkward small part or 'hair cleavage'.

I have two cowlicks going on back there. What helps me is to arrange my hair in a certain way and then secure it over the problem spot with a bobby pin while it is drying.

Addy
September 11th, 2009, 04:08 PM
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/592/meme.gif (http://img232.imageshack.us/i/meme.gif/) I have cleavage too! :D

cakedcake
September 11th, 2009, 04:14 PM
I have the same thing! It's a little line that extends slightly to the back of my scalp. I actually don't mind it much because I see it on a lot of other people too.