PDA

View Full Version : You know you are a long hair when....

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

gretchen_hair
April 11th, 2008, 12:14 PM
We did this on the old LHC i am unsure if its here now.
Sorry if so.

You know you are a long hair when :
You are using the port a potty and you realize you have to hold your hair so it isnt in the urinal thingie.

You know you are a long hair when:
You clean out your vaccuum bag and theres more hair than dirt in it.

Kiraela
April 11th, 2008, 12:27 PM
You know you're a longhair when you are sitting at your computer chair with your hair braided, and suddenly your head is jerked backwards due to the fact that there's a CAT hanging from your braid. I don't know who was more freaked out, me or my cat...

Isilya
April 11th, 2008, 12:31 PM
... when you dream about your hair being your goal length
... when your bathroom cabinet is filled with hair sticks and forks and metal free elastic bands

AJoifulNoise
April 11th, 2008, 12:31 PM
When you debate for a long period of time if it is worth washing your hair today. Should I scalp wash, CO, S/C? And then, just put it in an updo and go about your day.

...I remember when there was no debate. I just S/Ced every day. But, then, it dried really quick at that length, too.

Isilya
April 11th, 2008, 12:34 PM
... when you have tons of conditioners (and shampoos, if you use them)
... when you check your combs for sharp edges and sand them down if they have any

SHELIAANN1969
April 11th, 2008, 12:34 PM
You know your'e a long hair when

1) You click on links that say "You know you're a longhair when"

2) You fantasize all day long about etsy and ebay and if someone outbid you on those hairtoys!

3) You know what cones, sulphates, henna, co, wo, coc, and plopping is.

1nuitblanche
April 11th, 2008, 12:41 PM
... when you measure your hair...
... when you oil your hair...

WritingPrincess
April 11th, 2008, 03:09 PM
When you post regularly on TLHC. :D
When you don't think putting coconut oil in your hair till it's stringy is gross. (I admit it. I put WAY too much oil in last night. First time.)
When you see pictures of people like Dianyla, Physicschick, Elle, Shnee, and Lady Godiva, and go, "Oh, I want hair like that!" And then sit there fantisizing about having hair that dragged on the ground. And your friend's brother (who is watching) laughs and stops saying that your hair is super-long.

rx queen.
April 11th, 2008, 03:19 PM
when your husband jokes that it's in his face all night (only he's not really joking) :)

when on a windy day, it gets shut in your car door. (oops, i'm guessing that's taboo here...i should be better prepared, huh? ;))

Quirky&Perky
April 11th, 2008, 03:28 PM
When you're feeling crabby and start yelling 'stop pulling my HAIR'- and then you realize you're the only one in the room and it was caught on your button/snap/jewlery/ect.

(maybe I'm wierd but this happens to me all the time!)

AJoifulNoise
April 11th, 2008, 03:32 PM
When you shriek in the shower because there's a huge spider on your arm... oh wait, that's your hair.

Isilya
April 12th, 2008, 03:20 AM
... when your family doesn't even blink if they see you going to the bathroom with a bowl, honey, spoons, olive oil, ...
... when your family stopped laughing a long time ago when they see you wearing a towel-turban
... when you come in the room with that certain look on your face and they already try to see what you did to your hair (updo-wise), because they know you will ask them wat they think of it
... when you sleep with a soccer scarf (UEFA, 98-99 season) on your head, just because the thing is made of pure silk

DrkAngel
April 12th, 2008, 04:28 AM
... when your family doesn't even blink if they see you going to the bathroom with a bowl, honey, spoons, olive oil, ...
... when your family stopped laughing a long time ago when they see you wearing a towel-turban

hahahahaha that soooo applies to me! We look kinda silly in those turbans dont we? LOL

Saldana
April 12th, 2008, 07:20 AM
When every single place you frequent often has one of your hair toys resident in it. I do mean everywhere. The computer desk, the living room, the bathroom, your purse, your car, your SO's vehicle, your office, your best friend's car, your parents' house, the doorknob in the bathroom of the place you do volunteer work.....everywhere.

SHELIAANN1969
April 12th, 2008, 07:32 AM
When every single place you frequent often has one of your hair toys resident in it. I do mean everywhere. The computer desk, the living room, the bathroom, your purse, your car, your SO's vehicle, your office, your best friend's car, your parents' house, the doorknob in the bathroom of the place you do volunteer work.....everywhere.

And you know you're a longhair when you know exactly where each piece is located!! (When you think, now where is that Ficcare Maximus with the gold border....or, where is that Bubblegum Greydog and you know RIGHT where it is"

ale
April 12th, 2008, 07:37 AM
When you go and buy chopsticks, and that's not for eating purposes..

firstimegrower
April 12th, 2008, 08:24 AM
When you debate for a long period of time if it is worth washing your hair today. Should I scalp wash, CO, S/C? And then, just put it in an updo and go about your day.

...I remember when there was no debate. I just S/Ced every day. But, then, it dried really quick at that length, too.
How short was your hair before? how long did it take you to grow it out this long? do you have any advice for someone who is just starting out?

jojo
April 12th, 2008, 09:02 AM
when you go to pick dog poop up and there is a long hair running through the middle, with 2 other poops attached!

Gross i know, but this happened to me last week eeek! it was like a string of sausages!!

AlleyKitten
April 12th, 2008, 10:15 PM
When you always have a hair elastic around your wrist.
When you find your shed hairs all over the house...including on your boyfriend!
When it's not gross anymore to find knots of shed hair woven into big blobs by the washing machine.
When you buy the special "hair clog removing" brand of Draino...and your shower is still slow.
When you get more excited about hair toys than anything else on your shopping trip, including a visit to the pet store to look at the kittens!
When people ask what you're doing and you say "I'm reading my hair forums" and they just say "oh, of course".

Vela
April 12th, 2008, 10:34 PM
When you snag your hair on your watch.
When you put on pants you have to pull your hair out of them.
When you have to tell strangers that your hair is not to be touched, and if they did touch it they'd come back with a nub.
When you panicked when LHC went down.
When you take the time to read all of the posts in this topic.
When you reply to this topic.

Kiraela
April 12th, 2008, 10:57 PM
when you're sleeping with your hair loose ( I tend to sleep with it loose since braiding it seems to make hairs break off) and you have to smack your boyfriend to wake him up, to get him off your hair so you can go use the bathroom.

...When you're telling a story and feel the need to justify sleeping with your hair loose....

getoffmyskittle
April 12th, 2008, 11:27 PM
When your sister joined LHC and your mom is thinking about it.
When you talk about LHC to your friends.
When you talk about things to your friends and they are like "did this happen on LHC?"

Xanthippe
April 13th, 2008, 01:33 AM
When you hair type people when you're in public
When you actually have spent a night "washing your hair"
When your roommate asks you "Learn any new hair tips?" when she sees you on the computer
When you start using LHC acronyms in real life (like S&D or CO) and your friends learn what they mean
When no one notices when you trim a couple inches, but you think it feels so much shorter

Shirlpunzel
April 13th, 2008, 03:21 PM
when your bald headed bf knows more about hair than any of your (IRL, not here) female friends

(shows who listens at least :p - I have friends who do every hair no-no in the book, then wonder why their hair doesn't behave the way they want.... I give up on dispensing advice to those who pay no attention)

eta: when you watch tv trying to figure out "how did they do that updo?" or "I wonder if that's a wig?"

you get the majority of your hair products at the grocery store.... but not on the aisle where "normal" people do ;)

Gumball
April 13th, 2008, 04:05 PM
When you think you picked up a huge ball of hair, freak out and think you're shedding unlike anyone else ever has, and realize it's 4 or 5 really long hairs that balled themselves up. :p

florenonite
April 14th, 2008, 03:17 AM
The power goes out whilst you're S & Ding and you go round to your friend's room with your hair scissors in hand and she doesn't blink an eye.

tameriska
April 14th, 2008, 03:37 AM
You know you're a longhair;
When you go to wind up the window of your car and realise that you have trapped some hair in the window.
When you get dressed, and instead of having to pull your hair out of the neck of your shirt, you have to pull it out of the waistband of your trousers.
When you are wearing your hair loose, and you do a extravagent sweeping bow, and realise that your hair basically just swept the floor

tiny_teesha
April 14th, 2008, 04:54 AM
When you see your sisters brush her haid and cringe.
When you're a LHC member
When you parents stop commenting on the smell of your tea you wash your hair with
" You take hair vitamins.
" You walk past a mirror, back up a few steps, check if your hair grew since the last time you checked (that day) and then tilt your head back to your goal.
" Photo shop your dream hair length.
" Quit your job because it made you wash your hair too much (ok, fine, there were other reasons....but this was a good reason!)
" When you don't shampoo for a month and people tell you how gross you are, and you don't care.

WritingPrincess
April 16th, 2008, 11:03 AM
When you join a challenge to wear your hair up every day for a year.
When you don't wear your hair loose very often.
When your braid starts getting in the way . . . and you're happy.
When you don't mind your halo because it means your hair is growing.
When you put too much coconut oil in your hair and don't think it's gross, but think, "Oh, my hair is so soft and wavy and tangle-free. I should do this more often."

helynhighwater
April 16th, 2008, 11:33 AM
When you find more hairballs than lint in/on your laundry. When you find enough hair in your comb in a month to weave yourself a kitten.
When you can go to a Halloween party as Cousin It without having to buy anything but the hat for your costume.

wolf girl
April 16th, 2008, 11:44 AM
DH gripes about finding long dark hairs in his pants, shirts, briefcase, truck, etc. and he is blonde... :p

Elainehali
April 16th, 2008, 12:07 PM
You know you're a long hair when:
The most expensive thing you're wearing is in your hair.
you sing the praises of monostat, and buy it in bulk.
You have designated hair scissors.

ladystar
April 16th, 2008, 12:34 PM
When you go crazy trying to find the right henna and all this new stuff (oils, hair toys)
When my boyfriend knows what henna is (he knows noting about hair)
When you stop blow drying your hair.
When you’re at work and you log onto LHC all day.
When your co works and friends start asking you for advice about how to better that hair then call you crazy.
When you take hair pictures all the time.
When you dream about your hair length goal.
When you S&D all the time.
When you feel guilty when you hear one strand break. (Ouch)

Isilya
April 16th, 2008, 01:03 PM
... when you're soaking in the tub, you see a shed hair sticking to the side of the tub and decide to make a figure with it. I can make a reasonable sized octopus with 6 arms so far :D (did I just admit I make animal silhouettes in the tub?)
... when you admit you do strange hair-related things, because you know (or hope) someone else does it too

HollowHannah
April 16th, 2008, 01:26 PM
...all of the people you live with complain that your hair is far too long
...when you find shed hair really far down the side of the sofa
...When your dressing room floor looks like an old west scene with all the balls or hair flying around
...When you obsess for hours over it getting thin, straggly, less shiny etc
...When you have an inch cut off and cry as though the hairdresser had murdered your puppy

khyricat
April 16th, 2008, 01:48 PM
when your critters CLIMB your braid- not pull on it, but climb it
when you have to protect your toys from the gliders in the playroom
when you have more hair toys then crochet hooks or knitting needles (not combined) and people complain about how many of the needles/hooks you have!

Amie

WritingPrincess
April 16th, 2008, 08:57 PM
When you walk up to total strangers and say, "Your hair is so pretty."
When you've told two of those strangers in the past two weeks about TLHC.
When you get all excited because one of your good friends on TLHC, whom you haven't seen for awhile, PMed you.

Tapioca
April 17th, 2008, 09:33 AM
when your critters CLIMB your braid- not pull on it, but climb it
Amie

I had to giggle there. My ratties used to climb my braids. Not all the way to the top of my head, though. They were aiming for my shoulder.

dagonlilly
April 17th, 2008, 09:38 PM
when you find amusment that your hair finally reaches your butt in the shower.
when someone ask if you get headaches from your hair.

tiny_teesha
April 17th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Isilya - i used to do that when i was younger! not octopuses, horses and dogs and cats though!
khyricat - yep my bird climbed my twin braids once!

WritingPrincess
April 18th, 2008, 05:29 PM
When you've told <counts on fingers> over three RL friends about TLHC.
When Your sister walks by, sees you on the computer, and says, "Oh no, LHC AGAIN.". (She would much rather that I play Club Penguin, but she doesn't get the point of reading lots of text online.)
When you tilt your head back in the shower and pretend it's longer.
When you can't bear the thought of a 1/4 inch trim.

SweetPea88
April 18th, 2008, 06:55 PM
When you have specific folders on your computer just for hair pictures...
When hair products in your dorm can also be used for food (oil, vinegar, herbs)...

WritingPrincess
April 18th, 2008, 07:56 PM
I like this thread!
When you put too much oil in your hair intentionally so that you will be more likely to keep it in its bun.
When you come to TLHC multiple times a day.
When you no longer think not trimming is ugly.

MemSahib
April 18th, 2008, 08:50 PM
You are minding your own business, busy with your craft and suddenly you realize you are knitting (or crocheting) a lock of hair into your project and it's still attached to your head. (Only slightly far-fetched. Actually you have to move your hair to crochet.)

DotDotDot
April 19th, 2008, 12:12 PM
When your mom passes you staring at pictures of $34 hairtoys and rolls her eyes.
When your mom doesn't stroke your hair because she has no idea what you've put in it this time.
When you've gotten your short-haired friends to call the blow drier the blow fryer.

Loviatar
April 19th, 2008, 12:16 PM
When you throw a party and someone comes into the living room to say "uh, you have honey in your bathroom?" and your cropped-haired BF says "anything that looks like it shouldnt be in there, it's for her hair..."

When the other guests go into the bathroom just to see what they can find that 'shouldnt be in there' :D

florenonite
April 20th, 2008, 03:53 AM
When you throw a party and someone comes into the living room to say "uh, you have honey in your bathroom?" and your cropped-haired BF says "anything that looks like it shouldnt be in there, it's for her hair..."

When the other guests go into the bathroom just to see what they can find that 'shouldnt be in there' :D

Haha this is amusing. I had a friend think that the ACV on my shelf behind my sink (we can't keep this stuff in the communal showers because apparently it causes a hazard for the cleaners) and thought we should do shots of it (probably thinking it was alcohol), then realised it was vinegar. Then of course he wondered why I had vinegar on my shelf with my shampoo and conditioner.

Xanthippe
April 22nd, 2008, 01:12 AM
When you want to put your hair back when you don't have any tools so you just tie your hair in a knot
When you know your growth rate and extrapolate when you will reach your next milestone
When you can rattle off your hair type and statistics
When you start collecting your shed hairs to make a hair rat
When you know that hair has a terminal length and you've explained this to people in real life

When you have specific folders on your computer just for hair pictures...
When hair products in your dorm can also be used for food (oil, vinegar, herbs)...

*nods* Yes to both of these :D

doodlesmart
April 22nd, 2008, 01:50 AM
when you are in an LDR and your SO treats each of your shed hairs as little treasures you left behind for him

when you use your braid to hold your head up so you can sleep in lecture (just lean against it and pin it between you and the chair back, voila, head-holder-upper)

when your office mates gather around to see what you've put your hair up with today

when you bought a travel toothbrush holder to carry a pair of hair sticks so they wouldn't break

when it takes you longer to pack your hair stuff than everything else for a trip

florenonite
April 22nd, 2008, 02:50 AM
when you use your braid to hold your head up so you can sleep in lecture (just lean against it and pin it between you and the chair back, voila, head-holder-upper)

I've done this! Not with a braid, as my braids are ubershort, but with my hair when I've worn it down, just lumped the hair under my head and leaned against it.

Kiraela
April 22nd, 2008, 12:53 PM
when you're stretching your back by doing a backbend/bridge type thing, and your hair brushes your feet... and you're so excited you have to come tell your friends online about it!

Isilya
April 22nd, 2008, 01:14 PM
... when you bend your head a bit forwards in the train and car, because otherwise your sticks will get stuck or your bun will be messy (--> headrest)

WritingPrincess
April 22nd, 2008, 01:21 PM
When you dream that you cut your hair and it's BLEEDING!
When you have a few hours of free time and you can't decide whether to spend it on LHC or to try out hairstyles, so you take your hairtoys to the computer and browse.

AJoifulNoise
April 22nd, 2008, 01:26 PM
When you have a few hours of free time and you can't decide whether to spend it on LHC or to try out hairstyles, so you take your hairtoys to the computer and browse.

I do that! :lol: Then I run back and forth from the bathroom to the computer to see if the styles work.

SweetPea88
April 22nd, 2008, 01:26 PM

Yep, yep!

This whole thread cracks me up! :silly:

Icedevimon13
April 22nd, 2008, 01:30 PM
- you have managed to convince a short haired friend (in my case, male :)) to grow their hair longer
- said friend goes to you for advice on what conditioners/shampoos/ect to use
- said friend starts to borrow your hair ties and scrunchies
- your cat has mistaken your hair for an angry puffy cat tail and attacks/hisses at you

Shirlpunzel
April 22nd, 2008, 03:43 PM
when you bought a travel toothbrush holder to carry a pair of hair sticks so they wouldn't break

:doh: why haven't I thought of this?
Thanks doodlesmart:cheer:

Ella
April 22nd, 2008, 04:34 PM
...when you can hide 50 bobby pins in it
...when you can use most hairtoys
...when your favorite jewellery is a hairtoy

hrimfaxi
April 22nd, 2008, 07:50 PM

I've bought [rigid ish] pencil cases for this purpose... :silly:

WritingPrincess
April 22nd, 2008, 08:19 PM
When your dad regularly brings home hairtoys that you've had shipped to his office.
When you cringe every time you see your little sister rip the brush through her hair.

artemisjade
April 22nd, 2008, 08:41 PM
When your husband says he's glad that you have a new hobby, but asks why you picked hair origami.

Dianyla
April 22nd, 2008, 08:42 PM
Huh, why is this stuck in Games & Quizzes? I'm moving it to the Mane Board, as it is a very On-Topic thread. :)

WritingPrincess
April 22nd, 2008, 08:44 PM
Does this mean that all my posts that I already did on this count toward my post count?? :D
ETA: Apparently they do! :)

lookingglass
April 22nd, 2008, 08:50 PM
When you can wear your hair a different way every day for a month and have a whole list of variations that you didn't try.

When you take pictures of the back of your head!!!

When you take notes on which hair products you've tried and why you dis/liked them.

EdG
April 22nd, 2008, 08:52 PM
When one automatically pushes one's hair aside prior to sitting down or standing up. :)
Ed

WritingPrincess
April 22nd, 2008, 09:13 PM
When you have TB length hair and are still growing it.
When you can have a long conversation with someone (if only someone would listen) about the different methods you've tried for hair cleansing and what was wrong with each of them.
When you mentally hair type people you see on the street.
When you have some extra money and immediately run over to the swap board.
When you can say your hair stats at the drop of a hat.
When you can rattle off a whole list of people whose hair you admire, plus their thickness, hair type, length, and whether they're F,M, or C.

amaiaisabella
April 22nd, 2008, 09:48 PM
You laugh scornfully at the people who tell you heat drying/straightening your hair is actually good for you, so you wash your hair less.

Blueglass
April 22nd, 2008, 10:03 PM
when your responding to this when you really ought to be in bed. When you send a few dollars on something you didn't need and think could have been spent on an expensive, organic shampoo.
You avoid activity which may cause damage, your biggest motive for staying healthly is hair related.

Michiru
April 23rd, 2008, 12:24 AM
when you have nightmares about you hair being chopped off.

Kiraela
April 23rd, 2008, 01:53 AM
Michiru, that happens to me all the time. :/

daeana
April 23rd, 2008, 01:54 AM
...you refuse to sit in rolling chairs where the back and seat don't connect. if there's no other option, you complain about it.

...you can't understand why people would ever put designs on the back of a t-shirt.

florenonite
April 23rd, 2008, 04:41 AM
Your friend complains about her hair being dry and full of split ends. Later, you are whingeing about a girl in your corridor who takes uberlong showers, and you say you don't see why anyone should spend more than five or ten minutes, unless they are shaving both their legs (which really isn't necessary daily in a Scottish winter, ergo this girl shouldn't be taking showers upwards of half an hour daily in the shower), and she responds that she takes twenty minutes as she shampoos the length of her hair twice. You say that you rarely shampoo your length, and usually only shampoo your scalp because otherwise it dries out your hair too much. She doesn't get the hint and continues washing all her hair and then cuts several inches off. Her hair's still longer than mine, though :(

Isilya
April 23rd, 2008, 08:45 AM
... when you have looked in the 5 largest city in your country for hair forks and sticks (I didn't find them there, of course :rolleyes:)
... when you get your family to actively look for them too
... when you finally find a hair fork, you already put it in your hair the minute you leave the shop
... when you buy 3 wooden combs at a time, just in case one breaks
... when you cringe when you see a girl in your class fasten her classic length braid with a metal-containing hair band and then see her leave, her braid stuck under her backpack :scared:

Igor
April 23rd, 2008, 09:05 AM
When your significant other suddenly realises how much he actually knows about hair and chemistry
When you’re getting funny looks at the supermarket because you have more conditioner than food in your basket every time
When you mother comes to you on advice on how to keep the shine in her greying hair
When you S&D watching a movie with a friend and he doesn’t even blink
When you spend more on your pillow covers than on the pillows
When you quote people on LHC “And then Dianyla said…”
When you can list your supplements and what they contain
When you control your temper even though your hair is pissing you off at detangling
When you actually get up and dance the day you realise you surpassed one of your first hair idols in length (:oops: )
When you laugh at the “how to do this style” in magazines. “For a ponytail: Apply heat protecting styling cream, blow dry, use hair straightener, apply shine serum, tease for volume, spray fixing spray on, put elastic on, use curlers on the ends for volume. Etc” When you know that a pony tail is really something you wring it up in in just 30 seconds on a lazy day :rolleyes:

TMI but: When missionary is always aborted with “Ow! Ow! My hair! Get off!” :o

florenonite
April 23rd, 2008, 09:09 AM
When you refer to a comment made by an LHCer as 'my friend from home' because you just know your friends will tease you mercilessly if they figure out you belong to a forum devoted to hair. They think you're crazy enough already.
When your friend with MBL, 3a hair says that he's contemplating cutting it over the summer, you say 'you can't do that! You've got awesome hair!' and he's shocked that you complimented him.

eresh
April 23rd, 2008, 09:58 AM
-You crouch down to get something from the bottom shelf in the supermarket and someone stands on your hair.
-You crouch down to pick something up from the floor and accidentally step on your hair when you get up again ouch.
-You get your hair caught on other peoples watches/jewellery.
-You pose in front of the camera with your back to it.
-You have a plantspray in the bathroom to water your hair.
-You imitate a mermaid in the bathtub....

Eireann
April 23rd, 2008, 12:31 PM
You're glad to have to touch up your gray roots, because at least it means your hair has grown!

Isilya
April 23rd, 2008, 12:54 PM
... when 99.9% of the hair supplies in the bathroom is yours
... when you have back-up products for all your favourites
... when you give family members a box with hair goodies for christmas, plus a 3 page manual with alternative washing methods, treatment-recipes and general tips to treat hair gentler
... when you look at your chipmunk (or other pet(s)) and wonder if his coat is so shiny because he does WO-washes (yes, I did this today :o)

blackfrostqueen
April 23rd, 2008, 01:14 PM
When you get your man to use conditioner and he understands the reasons why.
When you get jealous looks (and sometimes words) from others about how long your hair is, and why you shouldn't have it that long.
When you can easily catch the rooms attention by just stating that you put honey, oil or cinnamon (any out of the norm) in your hair.

Isilya
April 24th, 2008, 12:15 PM
... when your chipmunk is collecting your hair (by stuffing it into his cheeks :rolleyes:) to make a nest out of it (while it's still attached to your head) and you don't notice it at first because it doens't pull
... when you see the acronym 'LHC' in a comic and think 'They know about this site?!' before you see it's about the 'Large Hadron Collider'

domonic_uk
April 24th, 2008, 01:21 PM
The lady at the chemist gives you a strange look when you buy a hair band, that if your a bloke though.

Tapioca
April 24th, 2008, 02:32 PM
When you see APL as a company name on the side of a train and think "Armpit length?"

florenonite
April 24th, 2008, 02:41 PM
You complain to your little sister that the girl who plays Bella in the Twlight films look wrong because 'Bella's meant to have long hair, this girl's hair is armpit-length!' You continue to complain, switching to the abbreviation APL (it's over msn as she's in Canada and I'm in Scotland) and she responds with 'lol'.

KaeleyAnne
April 24th, 2008, 03:04 PM
When people ask you how long it takes for you to do your hair.
When you answer that question, no one believes that it didn't take you very long at all to do your hair.

AJoifulNoise
April 24th, 2008, 03:26 PM
When every time you try to type the word "brain" you accidentally type "braid." And, you rarely notice.

This happens to me far more often than it should (I type brain a lot for some reason...).

Ohio Sky
April 24th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Ok I finally have one:

You know youre a long hair when you find out your BF needs a foot cream containing miconazole and the first thing you think is...

and, you know youre a long hair when you dont even need to finish the above sentance :D

Angela_Rose
April 24th, 2008, 05:53 PM
When you're wearing it down at work and one of the girls compliments your three-inches-from-classic length... and you say "Thanks, it's getting there!"

TammySue
April 24th, 2008, 06:22 PM
...you get a funny stare when they spot the satin pillowcase on the back of your office chair.

HairColoredHair
April 24th, 2008, 06:29 PM
When someone tells you someone else cut their hair and you respond "I'm sorry" without thinking about it.

WritingPrincess
April 24th, 2008, 06:31 PM
When you walk around with a hairstick behind your ear, like a pencil. I do this a LOT.
When no one blinks at the above.
When you squeal because you found out that you live close enough to another LHCer to meet--very soon. :joy:

GlassEyes
April 24th, 2008, 06:36 PM
When you tell you mother you're looking at 'long hard pieces of wood' online, and she immediately knows you're talking about hairsticks. XD

You know you're a longhair when you go to call a blow dryer a 'blow fryer' and have to catch yourself.

When thinking of college and expenses, you immediately think of the cost of conditioner and henna added in automatically.

When someone looks at your school I.D. and says 'Wow, your hair was short', and you look at them incredulously because your concepts of short and long are completely different.

When you look at a bottle of lotion and it's ingredients, and the first thing you think is 'Can I put that in my hair? : D;

Cricket
April 24th, 2008, 06:53 PM
When your co-workers start calling you Rapunzel and all you can think is, 'I've got her beat.'

MadPirateBippy
April 24th, 2008, 07:22 PM
... you have six different hair scissors in various locations, and the ones that are the oldest (and dullest) are in the locations you S&D in the least...
... you have ever purchased 40 bottles of conditioner at once because you heard a rumor that VO5 was changing the formula for Kiwi Lime Conditioner and it was on sale for .75 a bottle.
... your room mates don't even blink when you put your hair up in rag curls (this looks more than middling strange, for those that aren't aware)
... you recognize people from LHC when they post wonderful how to videos on YouTube, even when they have different screen names.
... you have more than 100 pictures of the back of your head on your Photobucket account and only 12 pictures of your face.

Isilya
April 26th, 2008, 01:17 AM
... when you buy 8 drain stoppers/sieves at a time
... when you have a hair dream about another LHC-member :crazyq:

Saranne772
April 26th, 2008, 01:38 AM
When you experiement with recipies using all your kitchen supplies but dont eat it- put it on your hair

When a small child walks behind you and instead of clutching your hand or skirt to stay with you they clutch a strand of hair.

Isilya
April 26th, 2008, 08:22 AM
... when you collect all the shower caps when you're in a hotel, so you can use them at home for treatments
... when you stock up on those little 'jars' of honey (at breakfast in a hotel) so you can do a honey-treatment that evening

Saranne772
April 26th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Oh and when you are planning a day out and you ask the organiser what you should wear, instead of stipulating clothes they stipulate hair style!
(happened to me when I was going gokarting the other week!

florenonite
April 26th, 2008, 08:46 AM
When you have a long discussing with a friend getting ready for a ball about hairstyles, and then argue about the name for 'bobby pins' (here called 'curvy pins').

Isilya
May 4th, 2008, 03:36 AM
... when you can use your own hair as a blanket when it's cold

LilyMunster
May 4th, 2008, 08:02 AM
...while camping, put the length of it over your face, neck, chest to avoid that one mosquito that keeps after you. It works.
...you get an old lady staring at you in the produce section of the market wondering if you've had a stroke, since you have been studying salad tongs and deciding if they could be altered into hair forks. ( a lime green plastic pair, and a carved spiral wooden pair)
...on the same note, noticing the shape of wind chimes. They were a tad too wide, but looked just like spiral ribbon twist hair sticks.
...you so seldom wear your hair down, when you do your own daughters are following you around saying 'your hair got so long.'
...The one year old boy that you take care of sees you for once with your hair down and he pets it and says 'Many'.

lil_irish_angel
May 4th, 2008, 08:44 AM
...Is when your husband decides that it time to help put henna in your hair.
And Dh doesn't complain about LHC
.... when you have more conditioner bottles, than cleaners under your bathroom sink

.... when you always hear : your hair is really long, are you doing locks of love

I really like this thread

terriej
May 4th, 2008, 10:26 AM
...when you constantly pull your own hair...with your armpits

...when you start screaming at your husband that he's laying on your hair and then realize he's not laying on your hair, you are.

HaiirPEACE
May 4th, 2008, 10:29 AM
when your hair gets stuck under a strap to a large bag on your shoulder and you always have to pull it out of there.

or when your hair gets stuck in the car seat belt or window and you are happy about it because that means it finally grew

anna1850
May 4th, 2008, 10:31 AM
...when your braids will accidentaly strangle you while you're asleep.

Isilya
May 4th, 2008, 10:52 AM
I hope I haven't said this already

... when you turn around too fast and you hit yourself in the eye with your braid tassel

RavennaNight
May 4th, 2008, 07:16 PM
when everyone tells you " your hair has gotten so long!" and you still feel its short.

Loviatar
May 4th, 2008, 07:25 PM
When you quote people on LHC “And then Dianyla said…”

What usually happens for me is something like:

Lovi to BF: "I read this really interesting blog entry today, you know Morticia?"
BF: "Noooooo......"

TMI but: When missionary is always aborted with “Ow! Ow! My hair! Get off!”

Hahahaha! That's what crown buns are for :)

Medievalhair
May 4th, 2008, 08:02 PM
When you tell your mom you want to cassia your hair

When your double braids are long enough to be bunned

Dianyla
May 5th, 2008, 01:38 AM
What usually happens for me is something like:

Lovi to BF: "I read this really interesting blog entry today, you know Morticia?"
BF: "Noooooo......"
Oh, I can top that...

When I mention to my non-LHC-member boyfriend that I was reading something really interesting by Morticia, you know? And he says "Oh yeah, that's the Asian female sociology prof with the two really cute children, right?"

True story! :D

Mebo
May 6th, 2008, 11:54 AM
When your hubby asks "what's new on the hair board?"

When you get a new job, and the first place you run a map program to find directions to is Nordstrom's, to see what Ficarres they have (true story).

When your legal assistant offers to French braid your hair for you before court......

swanns
May 6th, 2008, 12:00 PM
~ When these cute Namibian kids keep touching your hair and ask if they are extensions (all of them had either very short hair, braids or exensions) and when you tell them it's real hair they can't believe you :D Man, I wish those kids!

Islandgrrl
May 6th, 2008, 12:04 PM
...when you forget to take your bottle of conditioner to the gym and none of your friends will let you use theirs because they're afraid there won't be any left for them....

florenonite
May 6th, 2008, 04:41 PM
...when you forget to take your bottle of conditioner to the gym and none of your friends will let you use theirs because they're afraid there won't be any left for them....

Or when you go to the pool and your friend asks to borrow your shampoo and wonders why you only brought conditioner. Another friend asks if you have a brush and when you reply "I hardly ever brush or comb my hair" gives you a funny look.

trolleypup
May 6th, 2008, 05:06 PM
... when you can use your own hair as a blanket when it's cold
Or a scarf!

trolleypup
May 6th, 2008, 05:11 PM
TMI but: When missionary is always aborted with “Ow! Ow! My hair! Get off!”
Or starts with "Just a sec", or just whatever the necessary hair movement is.

aprilmay
May 6th, 2008, 05:14 PM
We did this on the old LHC i am unsure if its here now.
Sorry if so.

You know you are a long hair when :
You are using the port a potty and you realize you have to hold your hair so it isnt in the urinal thingie.

You know you are a long hair when:
You clean out your vaccuum bag and theres more hair than dirt in it.

And when you are in the port a potty and the static electricity makes your hair stick to the door when you are on the toilet. :mad:

truepeacenik
May 6th, 2008, 05:16 PM
+1
how about kissing through the veil of strands- from both partners?

Shell
May 6th, 2008, 05:17 PM
You know that you are a long hair when your hair toy collection could refinance the national debt of a small nation....

aprilmay
May 6th, 2008, 06:43 PM
When your kids say, mom get your hair out of my face!

cassie_g
May 6th, 2008, 06:48 PM
when on a windy day, it gets shut in your car door.

When your mom gets her hair caught and you can't help but giggle just a little because you thought it was second nature to make sure your hair was in the car.

wolf girl
May 7th, 2008, 10:59 AM
When you are walking throught a large department store wearing a tasseled tan swade jacket and the little girl behind you says. "Mommy! It's Pocahantis!" and pets your hair..... (true story) :D

AJoifulNoise
May 7th, 2008, 11:07 AM
When you are walking throught a large department store wearing a tasseled tan swade jacket and the little girl behind you says. "Mommy! It's Pocahantis!" and pets your hair..... (true story) :D

Wow, that's cool!

florenonite
May 7th, 2008, 12:18 PM

I like the hair-petting bit.

MusicLady
May 7th, 2008, 03:05 PM
When you need to get your braid out the way and your DD says, "Mother! Did you REALLY just put your hair under your armpit?"

aprilmay
May 7th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Kids always keep us on our toes! :)

DotDotDot
May 7th, 2008, 06:49 PM
... when you're sleeping with your hair down and you wake up in the middle of the night with a small, furry thing sleeping on it. (True story!)

BlndeInDisguise
May 7th, 2008, 07:51 PM
When someone on a horse forum asks for advice on shampoo. Maybe I've been going a little OT on my threads there?! :p

Rustella
May 7th, 2008, 10:22 PM
When DH saves found shed hairs you missed and puts them in your baggie of hair for experiments.

When DH washes the pony-tail holders the cat stole and has been playing with.

When DH knows your hair idols on LHC and can pick them out by their sig pictures.

When your stuborn teenage dd finally starts asking you how she can take care of her hair so it will grow longer.

When people compare celebrity's hair length to your own.

When the majority of your space in the bathroom is taken up by stuff for your hair.

When you can be Princess Leah for Halloween---without a wig.

lynnala
May 7th, 2008, 10:41 PM
When you spend time contemplating all the stuff in your kitchen cabinet, wondering what you can experiment with.

Dianyla
May 8th, 2008, 04:18 AM
And the other person is the one who actually rearranges your hair... ;)

wolf girl
May 8th, 2008, 08:27 AM
When you need to get your braid out the way and your DD says, "Mother! Did you REALLY just put your hair under your armpit?"

GUILTY!! :p LOL

Jaime
May 8th, 2008, 08:56 AM
- while watching TV shows you've recorded (DVR, VCR, whatever) you fast-forward through all the commercials, EXCEPT the ones that feature long hair.

8) Jim

swanns
May 8th, 2008, 10:23 AM

:D I've been called Pocahontas too! (And Mulan :P) Great!

Delenn
May 8th, 2008, 02:17 PM
It's a hair-down day so you're strutting your stuff to your car while a really cute guy is watching you (yea buddy, I see you checking me out over there...) so you concentrate on being suave and cool. You reach for the door handle to make a neat little step-into-car-with-a-playful-hair-flip maneuver except the wind kicks up, you trip on the car door because your hair is now all in your face from every imaginable direction so you can't see where you're going, you slam down into the seat and practically hit your head on the steering wheel while trying to get all of that hair out of your face. All while fumbling for the keys because you hear said cute guy laughing. :doh:

You pull on a stray hair and it just keeps going and going and going...

You spot a fellow long hair and you each give each other a solemn nod of "Yep, a kindred... 'sup?"

Your braid becomes an extra attack in martial arts class.

Your friends really don't understand why you have so many pics of the back of your head on your myspace page... primarily because you don't know how to explain to them that you frequent a hair forum.

heidihug
May 8th, 2008, 03:20 PM
- while watching TV shows you've recorded (DVR, VCR, whatever) you fast-forward through all the commercials, EXCEPT the ones that feature long hair.

Hee. Yup, that's me, too.

The other day I made my DH watch about 10 minutes of some historical movie about one of the English queens because I could not keep my eyes off of their up-dos. Gorgeous, gorgeous. And then one of the characters appeared at court with hair that was left down, and I had a fit because I know that they never never did that. (I used to be a bit of a historical hairstyle research freak.) And my DH just rolled his eyes and complained about having to watch a crappy historical movie when he could have been watching baseball.

Nevermore
May 8th, 2008, 05:30 PM
When you S&D before breakfast.

I just did that this morning.

MusicLady
May 8th, 2008, 06:08 PM
When your DH starts pointing out long hair in restaurants, and suggesting I go talk to them!

wolf girl
May 9th, 2008, 06:06 AM
When your at DH's B-day party and SIL looks at your camera and asks why there are so many pics of the back of your head...:rolleyes:

Kiraela
May 9th, 2008, 07:38 PM
When your DBF complains that you are wasting too many batteries in the camera taking wild attempts at hair pictures, and insists that he be your official hair picture taker.

Or when your DBF's father is visiting, and sees you on the computer, and all he asks is, "hair stuff?" Even though he knows what the answer is, already.

Medievalhair
May 9th, 2008, 08:14 PM
When you get your first Ficcare and want to use right after buying

When you get samples of Cassia and paprika to help condition your hair

Isilya
May 10th, 2008, 03:59 AM
... when your hair gets in the way while you're fastening your bra

florenonite
May 10th, 2008, 04:10 PM
One of your Facebook friends has posted an album entitled 'henna tattoos' and you see the word 'henna' and immediately think of hair.

aprilmay
May 10th, 2008, 08:55 PM
I have only had two stints in my life of not being a long hair and each time as soon as I cut my goal was to grow long again.

When people ask you if you are ever going to cut your hair and you roll your eyes and tell them, what do you mean, I just trimmed it a few months ago!

zelah
May 12th, 2008, 02:37 PM
... when you get the following spam in your inbox:

"Guaranteed increase in length"

... and your first thought is of hair.

Just happened to me this morning. :o

florenonite
May 12th, 2008, 02:57 PM
When you tell your friends "I was trying to revise The Rape of the Lock this morning, but got distracted and cut my hair" and they look at you and say "it doesn't look any shorter".

When you inform said friends that you used your 'hair-cutting scissors' for the procedure.

DecafJane
May 12th, 2008, 03:14 PM
When you go on a tour of a region that produces oils and your first thought is "I wonder how apricot kernel oil would work in my hair . . ." :D

aprilmay
May 12th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Apricot Kernel Oil is great on the skin!

DecafJane
May 12th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Apricot Kernel Oil is great on the skin!

Yes, it is lovely and absorbs really well. :)

florenonite
May 13th, 2008, 01:41 PM
You run 'Spybot: Search and Destroy' on your computer when your friend informs you you have a virus, and you think 'I did a thorough S&D last night watching Mythbusters!'

flapjack
May 13th, 2008, 01:44 PM
When you tuck it into your pants, or when you move your head quickly and your braid knocks something over nearby.

Medievalhair
May 13th, 2008, 01:45 PM
When you no longer let your braid be and start stroking the tassel

When the your braid goes up into a bun

KaeleyAnne
May 13th, 2008, 02:15 PM
When you can use your braid as a melee weapon.

betsala
May 13th, 2008, 04:38 PM
when you get pinned to the bed by husband sleeping on braid.
these responses are hysterical, by the way!

MadPirateBippy
May 13th, 2008, 05:31 PM
When you try out your new hair toys in the car, on the way from the post office to your apartment, and drive with your knees through the parking lot because you HAVE to try it out...

When you tell your new co-workers that you're a little obsessed with your hair, and they laugh a little and you say "No, really..."

and a week later they know what you meant.

When, every time LHC goes down, you have a minor heart attack.

Kiraela
May 13th, 2008, 06:41 PM
When you have your hair pulled over your shoulder in the car, and it gets stuck in the seatbelt. the LAP belt.

I was dorkily excited about that, btw.

When you've gotten asked if you were amish or pentacostal because of your hair, more than twice in a single week. (technically the first guy said 'omnish'... which I assume to be like, omniscient amish? "fear the allseeing quakers!" :P )

CurlyOne
May 13th, 2008, 10:38 PM
...when you reach around to grab that one loose hair that is tickling the back of your arm only to find out that it's still attached and a lot more than one!

Lady Godiva
May 14th, 2008, 08:23 AM
When someone two people down the pew in church ties to remove the pesky loose strand of hair, but it's still attached to you.

When you walk around at home on your tippy-toes because you'd step on your hair if you didn't pretend you were a ballerina.

When the rest of the time, you hair is in an updo so you can walk normally. :lol:

florenonite
May 14th, 2008, 08:30 AM
When you get an e-mail about post-exam celebrations at uni, and it says they're implementing a Water-Only policy for student-association run celebrations and you think, not of alcohol, but of hair.

noelgirl
May 14th, 2008, 09:25 AM
When you've gotten asked if you were amish or pentacostal because of your hair, more than twice in a single week. (technically the first guy said 'omnish'... which I assume to be like, omniscient amish? "fear the allseeing quakers!" :P )

Or relatedly, when someone finds out the religion that you actually are and says, "Oh, so that explains the hair" even when it doesn't :p

Fillette
May 14th, 2008, 09:54 AM
When your BF who sees you everyday looks at you like it is the first time he sees you and says: "Wow your hair is getting long... mmm... I like it!":waltz:

NorthernDancer
May 14th, 2008, 02:56 PM
When you go to get your hair cut and you start off by saying "I'm trying to grow my hair out" and they look at you like your crazy because it's already "long" by their thinking!

All these are making me LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aprilmay
May 14th, 2008, 03:22 PM
When your hair gets stuck on the condiment bottles in the door of your fridge. And when you get toothpaste in your hair when spitting into the sink.

florenonite
May 14th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Someone posts 'pretzel bun' in a word association thread on another forum and your response is 'hair'. You then get very offended when the response to that is 'scissors' and have to refrain from posting back 'hair shouldn't be cut!' or some such thing :silly:

Juli414
May 14th, 2008, 04:16 PM
You start brushing your teeth, then realize you're also flossing... with your own hair.

lava
May 14th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Well...I'm new here, my first post...but I'll add.

When you cosleep with your baby/toddler, with your hair in a ponytail...and wake up because he's gotten one body part or another completely entangled in your hair and he's crying and struggling to get loose...(and it's even worse when you have to wake your husband up to get him loose because you can't hold the LO still and untangle behind your head!).

-lava

loves2spin
May 14th, 2008, 04:39 PM
You know you're a long hair when you get your hairs caught in your toothbrush. :)

loves2spin
May 14th, 2008, 04:41 PM
You start brushing your teeth, then realize you're also flossing... with your own hair.

Oops! I see I copied you! :)

Pierre
May 14th, 2008, 05:14 PM
When someone asks you if you've cut your hair, when all you've done is put it in a bun.

Jaime
May 16th, 2008, 11:54 AM
When someone comes up to you in a bookstore and asks "are you an artist?"

8) Jim

florenonite
May 16th, 2008, 11:55 AM
When someone comes up to you in a bookstore and asks "are you an artist?"

8) Jim

lol that one's brilliant!

Isilya
May 16th, 2008, 12:00 PM
... when you still have a decent-length braid, even though you have a 10 inch tassel

MadPirateBippy
May 16th, 2008, 02:12 PM
When you start to recognize people better from the backs of their heads than the front.

No joke. :(

AJoifulNoise
May 16th, 2008, 02:52 PM
When you spend the same amount of money on a single hairtoy as you would filling your gas tank.

centurytoolate
May 16th, 2008, 03:45 PM
When dh asks if its ok to borrow the bottle of honey out of the medicine cabinet because hed like some on his toast!

blue_nant
May 16th, 2008, 07:11 PM
... when your hair gets in the way while you're fastening your bra

Or your pants, or tying your shoes, or pruning the plants or starting the mower

YUP!! : "wait, wait, okay"

theAnimeway
May 16th, 2008, 08:25 PM
when your Sister grabs your hair without your permission and pulls it back into a ponytail

velvetcat
May 16th, 2008, 11:45 PM
when you're leaning across the bed to fix the sheets and try to flip your hair, because it's fallen in your eyes, only to get a painful jerk as you realize....you're hand is on top of it.

's true story. Just did it.

Nynaeve
May 17th, 2008, 12:50 AM
when you're leaning across the bed to fix the sheets and try to flip your hair, because it's fallen in your eyes, only to get a painful jerk as you realize....you're hand is on top of it.

's true story. Just did it.

That happened to me last night, I was half asleep and it sure as hades woke me up. :rolleyes:

DecafJane
May 17th, 2008, 04:00 AM
When dh asks if its ok to borrow the bottle of honey out of the medicine cabinet because hed like some on his toast!

Alternatively, you get your honey out of the fridge to make up an SMT, only to find flakes of toast in it because DH has decided to use it for breakfast. ;)

truepeacenik
May 17th, 2008, 07:55 AM
you investigate possible relocation places with an eye to the water: as in hard or soft!

Robbi Dehlinger
May 17th, 2008, 08:28 AM
You feel this soft, fluffy stuff on the back of your neck and realize it is hair, not your cat???

loves2spin
May 18th, 2008, 05:32 AM
After taking a walk in the woods with your DH, you find 2 nasty ticks firmly attached to your scalp. You ask the DH to take a tweezers and remove them, and all you can think about is, "I hope he won't pull out any hairs." :rolleyes:

Haldir
May 18th, 2008, 08:29 PM
... you stand too close to a friend and she tucks your hair behind her own ear, not realising that it isn't hers.

Robbi Dehlinger
May 21st, 2008, 10:07 AM
Hmmm? I gotta admit that has not happened to me yet???

hurricane_gia
May 30th, 2008, 07:19 PM
...When you're telling a story and feel the need to justify sleeping with your hair loose....

:D

When you feel that you have to justify wearing your hair loose, at any time of day.

"I was out on a date and my hair was loose . . . but I don't usually wear it loose, it was just for the date, and I was really careful, and . . ."

hurricane_gia
May 30th, 2008, 07:38 PM
TMI but: When missionary is always aborted with “Ow! Ow! My hair! Get off!” :o

Ha ha ha! :D I usually just say, "Time Out!" an he says, "Hair?" and I say, "Hair."

hurricane_gia
May 30th, 2008, 07:43 PM
When people ask you how long it takes for you to do your hair.
When you answer that question, no one believes that it didn't take you very long at all to do your hair.

When you take your hair down just to prove that you can redo it fast, and they say, "No, Don't undo it! . . . Oh, you can do that fast."

hurricane_gia
May 30th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Your braid becomes an extra attack in martial arts class.

Love it. Reminds me of :

When your dance partner habitually ducks whenever he spins you.

hurricane_gia
May 30th, 2008, 07:59 PM
The other day I made my DH watch about 10 minutes of some historical movie about one of the English queens because I could not keep my eyes off of their up-dos. Gorgeous, gorgeous. And then one of the characters appeared at court with hair that was left down, and I had a fit because I know that they never never did that. (I used to be a bit of a historical hairstyle research freak.) And my DH just rolled his eyes and complained about having to watch a crappy historical movie when he could have been watching baseball.

And you see the actress with her hair down and you say, "That's not enough hair for the updo she was wearing in the other scene."

hurricane_gia
May 30th, 2008, 08:07 PM
-when you watch historic-themed movies four times: Once for the hair, once for the costumes, once for the decor and architecture, and once for the plot

-when you measured the bathroom for a small refrigerator

-when more than half of the grocery bill was *not* for food

-when your husband stops calling the bathroom, "the throne room," and starts calling it, "The Shrine to Her Hair."

-when you can pick up your braid and tickle a baby's nose with the tassle . . . and you didn't have to lean closer.

-when no one EVER asks you if you know of a good hair-dresser

-when you carefully save your shed hairs and gather them into tassles.

-when you put a pillow behind your back in the car, so your hair doesn't brush the headrest.

hurricane_gia
May 30th, 2008, 08:13 PM
when you make your husband drive so you can sit sideways, keeping your elaborate updo from being mussed by the car's headrest.

nappywomyn
May 30th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Fabulous thread!!! :)

Saranne772
May 31st, 2008, 01:43 AM
You carpet is covered in shed hair. Your mother comes in and scrapes her foot along the floor to get it up. I HATE THAt its SO irritating

KnightsLady
May 31st, 2008, 05:37 AM
When you're able to let your hair down to keep your back warm and don't need to go searching for a jumper.

loves2spin
May 31st, 2008, 07:02 AM
This is not an amusing one, but I noticed this morning that now, my hair is long enough that I lean over a bit and watch my hair in the mirror when I brush it out in the morning. It used to be that if I brushed it, I *knew* that I was getting it all. Now that is not the case! :joy:

wendyg
May 31st, 2008, 07:22 AM
When you pull a pair of sweatpants on and the wastband closes over your hair.

wg

blue_nant
May 31st, 2008, 07:31 AM
You carpet is covered in shed hair. Your mother comes in and scrapes her foot along the floor to get it up. I HATE THAt its SO irritating

But it works. I do it while I'm on the phone. Best with rubber soles. Keeps me from clogging up that little weiner of a DirtDevil pc of poo I have.

EllisGurl
May 31st, 2008, 08:22 AM
When you no longer let your braid be and start stroking the tassel

GUILTY!!!!

...when you henna regularly and your SO thinks nothing of it...including the "henna shirt" (to wear whilst applying henna), the "henna sheet" (to drape the bathroom for easy clean up), the "henna towel" (to keep henna from staining your pillow whilst sleeping) and the green goop and plastic wrapped around your head.

...when, after a self-trim, you ask your SO to check the evenness and he comments, "you know, when most people cut their hair, you can tell a difference in length."

Phalaenopsis
May 31st, 2008, 08:24 AM
...when, after a self-trim, you ask your SO to check the evenness and he comments, "you know, when most people cut their hair, you can tell a difference in length."

That one really cracked me up :laugh: And it is soo true :D

lilalong
May 31st, 2008, 08:26 AM
haha.
I like this tread.

tuuli
May 31st, 2008, 10:59 AM
... when you make lists for care experiments and products you want to try. Lists for updos and wishlists for hairtoys.
... when you bent your head in the shower to feel how classic length will feel when it's wet. :D

Medievalhair
May 31st, 2008, 02:05 PM
When you begin to check how long your braids are(for Hedi braids)...

When you want to Cassia your hair whether it gets redder or not...

Gladtobemom
May 31st, 2008, 09:50 PM
You know you're a long hair when:

You veto a car purchase because the head reast isn't right for your bun. Love the Volvo, love the Saab, hate the Audi, etc.

You don't go anywhere without a hair emergency kit.

You put your braid around to the front when you sit on the potty.

dulce-de-leche
May 31st, 2008, 10:55 PM
Your lil one doesn't pull on the bottom of you shirt anymore.He/She has discovered your hair
& yells "mmommmyyy!"for your attention.M y son used to do this when he was younger & I had longer hair

Aisha25
May 31st, 2008, 11:46 PM
When you dream that you cut your hair and it's BLEEDING!

Wow I thought I was the only one who dreams this,nice to see i'm not the only one:p.

LilyMunster
June 1st, 2008, 09:16 AM
.....you see a news story of a new titanium mesh heart 'sleeve', designed to help cardiac patients. You are thinking it would make a great headband...

darkwaves
June 1st, 2008, 09:41 AM
When...

You automatically twist and pin your hair safely out of the way before you go out in the wind...

You wear it loose to work, and several people ask why you always wear it up. "It's so long!"

MusicLady
June 1st, 2008, 10:31 AM
When your favorite conditioner has been discontinued, so you spend 30 minutes in the hair care isle trying to decide what to replace it with.

Kiraela
June 1st, 2008, 04:29 PM
When the very thought of your favorite conditioner being discontinued gives you nightmares!

OR when said favorite conditioner shows up in a dollar store as a regular stock item and you have to do a happy dance.

theory geek
June 2nd, 2008, 02:51 PM
- You finish teaching a class and find that the lower part of your braid/ponytail has gone grey while you were facing the class (chalk dust)
- You can't wear your hair down for a performance because you'd be mortified if it got caught in the instrument keys
- You know it CAN get stuck on your instrument because it HAPPENED in the dress rehearsal
- You whack yourself with your braid in martial arts class (this is Stage I)
- You whack someone else with your braid in MA class (Stage II)
- You're secretly pissed off that your fiance' has much thicker hair than you, even though you both shed prodigiously

And to the posters who said stuff like 'you freak out about the bug in the shower, but it's your hair," "gets caught in doors," and anything about having to keep track of its physical location for your personal comfort and safety: AMEN!

I'm new to this community and I'm SO glad to have found other people who understand the long-hair's situation.

AlleyKitten
June 2nd, 2008, 04:09 PM
When your friends keep telling you "oh, I saw a woman with hair covering her butt and thought of you" or "hey, this actress has really long hair, look", and it's clear that you're the first thing that comes to mind whenever they see long hair!

maskedrose
June 2nd, 2008, 05:21 PM
When you're grooming your horse and you try to decide whether her mane looks good with fairy tale ends or whether a blunt cut would look best.

shrare
June 2nd, 2008, 05:27 PM
What are fairy tale ends? I'm new, so don't know much about all these terms.

DecafJane
June 3rd, 2008, 02:56 AM
You are watching Friends reruns, and have spent the last month watching and admiring Rachel's long, long hair . . . and then suddenly, without warning, it becomes a short bob!!!! :agape: You spend the rest of the episode weeping and gnashing your teeth every time it comes on the screen and saying to yourself, "It's okay, it's okay, it grows back, it is long now, and as long as she is happy . . . but it WAS SO PRETTY!!!!!" Then you see it in a ponytail and start doing the "my hair is longer than her hair" dance. ;) (All in good fun, of course!)

morgwn
June 3rd, 2008, 03:14 AM
Your hair tickles your lower back when you have it drying before you put it up for the day.

noelgirl
June 3rd, 2008, 06:56 AM
You are watching Friends reruns, and have spent the last month watching and admiring Rachel's long, long hair . . . and then suddenly, without warning, it becomes a short bob!!!! :agape: You spend the rest of the episode weeping and gnashing your teeth every time it comes on the screen and saying to yourself, "It's okay, it's okay, it grows back, it is long now, and as long as she is happy . . . but it WAS SO PRETTY!!!!!" Then you see it in a ponytail and start doing the "my hair is longer than her hair" dance. ;) (All in good fun, of course!)

This one made me laugh because I thought exactly the same thing! At least she grew it long again :) I'm actually having a similar poutfest about Reese Witherspoon's new haircut. I know, I know, as long as she's happy . . . but her long hair with bangs was so perfect!

florenonite
June 3rd, 2008, 08:42 AM
Your wee sister, who hasn't seen you in several months, sees you with your hair down after washing it and says 'wow, your hair's gotten so long!' and it makes you far too happy.

ETA: when you get your friend doing CWC

ailin
June 3rd, 2008, 02:39 PM
...the first thing you look at in new people you meet is how long their hair is, how healthy it looks and, you catch yourself wondering what their routine is. "Wonder if she uses cones?"

HollowHannah
June 3rd, 2008, 03:19 PM
-The carpet in your room becomes the set of western film with all the hair tumbleweed floating around (until your mum hoovers it up in my case)

-You get your full name (not good) shouted from upstairs. Your mum is in the bathroom holding what looks like a drowned cat. It is in fact your hair, and it has been clogging up the shower for weeks.

Tresses
June 3rd, 2008, 03:33 PM
What are fairy tale ends? I'm new, so don't know much about all these terms.

Ends that naturally taper and become thinner (vs. blunt cut ends). :)

Kiraela
June 3rd, 2008, 03:38 PM
You were joking with your BF (well, half joking, at least) about the fact that some of your hairballs are large enough to be considered your children, and then the two of you come to the conclusion that hairballs make better pets than cats. You now have one that you have named 'Jimmy', who lives in a box on the dresser. (He's my strand test ball)

WritingPrincess
June 3rd, 2008, 03:47 PM
When you leave your hair down to airdry, and, rather than the back of your shirt getting soaked, it now also looks like you wet your pants.

When you have tailbone length hair, but comment to your mother that you don't have enough hair to make a decent braided bun/log roll/infinity bun/insert name of style that you can't do yet here.

When you hunt for old pictures that show how long your hair was, and can only find ones where your hair was in double braids. Part of you is proud that you were taking care of your hair even then, and part is annoyed that there are no length shots from the back.

When getting grounded from the computer is that little nudge you needed to start WO.

When you are grounded from the computer, yet still writing blog posts and PMs to post and send when you get back on.

Igor
June 3rd, 2008, 04:08 PM
You were joking with your BF (well, half joking, at least) about the fact that some of your hairballs are large enough to be considered your children, and then the two of you come to the conclusion that hairballs make better pets than cats. You now have one that you have named 'Jimmy', who lives in a box on the dresser. (He's my strand test ball)

I love it! Jimmy, eh? :laugh:

Rosepatrice
June 3rd, 2008, 04:14 PM
You know you're a long hair when

every hairdresser in town is a stranger to you!

hurricane_gia
June 3rd, 2008, 05:35 PM
When you practice a new braiding technique on your Great Pyr.

BlndeInDisguise
June 3rd, 2008, 05:55 PM
When you practice a new braiding technique on your Great Pyr.

Lol! Yours must be a whole lot calmer than ours--ours would be wildly whirling around in circles, trying to play. But she is only a year old. :)

hurricane_gia
June 3rd, 2008, 08:28 PM
Lol! Yours must be a whole lot calmer than ours--ours would be wildly whirling around in circles, trying to play. But she is only a year old. :)

Oh they get a lot calmer by the time they are four years old.

There's a joke about how you should never try to groom your Pyr during their peak activity time, between 3:02 and 3:07 am.

Darya
June 4th, 2008, 02:23 AM
- You automatically hold your hair in your hand if there is any chance wind will blow it, you need to carry something heavy with both hands, etc.
- You have separate hair routines for regular public bathrooms (wrap around neck and then hold in left hand) and for pit toilets (put it up securely with whatever you can find).
- You can put your hair up in a bun without anything to hold it there except itself.
- You have ever looked in your pen/pencil cup for something to secure your hair.
- You no longer worry about sitting on your hair; you worry about other people sitting on your hair.
- You automatically gather your hair and hold it out of the way when fastening your seat belt in a car.
- You have ever fastened your hair in the seat belt fastener and not noticed until turning your head when checking to make a turn while driving.
- You have ever gotten into a car with your hair loose and sat on it on both sides and the back and wondered how to get it all free without rubbing it too much against the seat of the car.
- You have worn your hair up so much that when you leave it down you forget about all of the trouble that it can get itself into (caught in doors, windows, other people's clothing fasteners, random small children).
- You don't understand people who think that a braid will keep hair from getting into trouble.
- You don't understand people who think that you should have short hair since "it is always up in one of those bun things".
- Small children actually avoid your hair after getting their hands so thorougly tangled in it that it took two people and several minutes to remove them from it.

daeana
June 4th, 2008, 02:31 AM
...when your friends are hanging out with people you don't know who point to someone with less than waist-length hair and say "that's really long hair" and your friends just start giggling madly.

BlndeInDisguise
June 4th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Oh they get a lot calmer by the time they are four years old.

There's a joke about how you should never try to groom your Pyr during their peak activity time, between 3:02 and 3:07 am.

Lol! That's great.

I sure hope she's getting calmer by at least 4. If we're not out there, then she's calm (unless she's barking her silly head off :rolleyes:) but when we're out there....look out! She tried to climb into my lap yesterday, and she weighs around 90 pounds. Thankfully I had an umbrellla to push her off with. :p

*end hijack* ;)

Lixie
June 4th, 2008, 09:54 AM
When you go shopping and, in the fitting room, are not fixated by the clothes you are trying on but by the view of your hair you get from the double mirrors. :o

SarieQ
June 4th, 2008, 10:02 AM
You know you're a long hair when you wonder more about what updo you'll do for the day instead of what outfit you'll wear!

When you see some random person with what you used to consider long hair and start to admire the length--only to realize your's is longer!!!!!!!!

When you're cleaning the toilet and realize you shouldn't have worn a braid while doing that job!

When you wash once a week and then you find yourself extra protective of juice splatters or messy kid hands during the first part of the week with clean hair! "Don't you kiss my head until you wipe off your mouth!" LOL

When you find that you like your hair better midweek because it tangles less and feels softer silkier and hate wash day just because you lose the manageability for a couple days!

When your worst nightmare is having something happen to your hair!

When you have a "hair abuser" with short fried hair asking what is the point in having your hair long.

silverwoods
June 5th, 2008, 09:06 PM
When you get it caught in various places 10 x a day when you wear it down: the neck of the office chair, the door, a cupboard, etc. When you *have to* go swimming with your hair up or in a braid.

Saranne772
June 6th, 2008, 03:08 AM
When washing your hair becomes a routine which cannot be altered. Has to be done a certain way.

When you wash you hair at the swimming pool showers and all the other ladies stare at you as though you are crazy

NorthernDancer
June 6th, 2008, 07:25 AM
When you stop at a health food store and ask for some slightly uncommon items, they ask you what you need it for, and you reply "oh, it's for my hair". You then get the 'you're crazy' look from the people in the store.
Yep, happened to me last night.

Isilya
June 6th, 2008, 11:59 AM
... when you swing your hair over your shoulder to avoid leaning against it and your ponytail ends up in your bowl of cereal (guess what I did today :rolleyes:)

TwirlyTresses
June 8th, 2008, 10:51 AM
You get a SPAM email message with the subject "Double your length and thickness!" and actually think it's about hair. :silly:

(Happened to me yesterday!)

Newniepg
June 8th, 2008, 03:13 PM
When you tell a man you can't go out with him on friday night 'because I am washing my hair" and you don't mean it as a brush off.

Isilme
June 8th, 2008, 03:34 PM
when you do the hairdance in the belly dance class and end up confused and dizzy because you couldn't se a thing and everybody else has stopped dancing this "step"

Igor
June 8th, 2008, 03:35 PM
When your boyfriend is coming to stay with you for a few weeks and one of the things you need to fix before he gets there is so buy some shampoo to keep in the shower. Because you have been CO-washing for so many years you can’t even remember when you last owned a shampoo… :wink:

Kiraela
June 8th, 2008, 04:36 PM
when you have so many hairballs scattered around the house that someone asks you if you are taking up tribble farming..

Nevermore
June 8th, 2008, 04:56 PM
When your response to finding two shed hairs in your bed is to hold them end to end to see how long your shed hairs will be in another ~30 inches.

When you do this and the first thing that comes to mind is this thread.

daeana
June 8th, 2008, 06:01 PM
When you tell a man you can't go out with him on friday night 'because I am washing my hair" and you don't mean it as a brush off.
or when you say it as a joke and are taken completely seriously. :p

systemaurora
June 8th, 2008, 09:04 PM
When your iTunes pulls up the song "Rapunzel" by Emilie Autumn (Yay! I love that song!) and you immediately think of her hair...

And when you also almost as immediately cringe because you can only imagine the kind of breakage Rapunzel would have had from the prince CLIMBING UP IT. And wonder if some sort of mutant gene exists to keep you from having a terminal length... that would be awesome. :D

Isilya
June 9th, 2008, 04:10 AM
... when you accidentally flood the bathroom because you forgot the water was still running when you went for a 'quick' check of the new posts on LHC (sad but true :?)
... when you used your blow dryer again after years, but only to try and dry the clothes that got wet in the flood
... when you can never get a pic of your untouched hair, because you comb oil/leave-in/... through it as soon as you leave the shower

Isilme
June 9th, 2008, 04:53 AM
I forgot one. When your cousin's daughter (3 years) pulls her strawberry blonde shoulder length curls down and says "I have long hair like Isilme" I love that kid :D

Carina
June 9th, 2008, 04:59 AM
When you close the cardoor and your hair get's stuck or put the seatbelt over it.

tiny_teesha
June 9th, 2008, 06:25 AM
When your mother starts asking any reddish long haired indian woman if they henna and how, for you...but secretly for herself (as she hennas now because you made her cross over)

(btw, i do not mean for that post to be racist. Henna-ing did originate from the Indian/Pakistan/N.Africa area.)

aprilmay
June 9th, 2008, 08:45 AM
When you tell people you had too much hair cut off for your last trim and they look at you like you are crazy when you say you are growing it back out.

Kiraela
June 9th, 2008, 09:33 AM
when you've been meaning to get around to self-trimming, have even done all the prep work and had the scissors next to the hair, but ... couldn't do it.

I sat there staring off into space for 5 min... realized I still had the scissors next to my hair... attempted to trim, and spaced out again. Apparently my brain shuts off every time I try to shorten my hair. :/