PDA

View Full Version : Another "Thank you LHC" thread

dragonfrog
July 8th, 2009, 10:44 PM
I noticed again today how soft my hair is. Since joining LHC, my ends are so much softer, it is amazing. When I wear my hair down or in a braid, it feels completely different against the skin on my back. Before, it was prickly and a little dry... I hated having my ends touching me. Now, they are soft and nice to touch :D

Thank you LHC!!!

In case anyone is wondering, I've made a lot of changes to my routine, but the ones I think have had the biggest impact on the softness of my ends are:
-a final rinse with cool filtered water
-applying a leave-in of Japanese camellia oil and shea butter to my damp ends
-occasional SMT's

nowxisxforever
July 8th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Yay!
It feels good to have progress, doesn't it?

Rapunzal2Be
July 9th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Yay, that's awesome!!

Jessikinz
July 9th, 2009, 01:20 AM
Progress is so exciting! I'm glad your hair feels a lot better.

jera
July 9th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Congrats ! I like Camellia oil for hydrating my ends too. :)

dragonfrog
July 9th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Thank you everyone for your kind words!
Progress certainly is nice, and it is good to realize length is not the only way of measuring progress :)
And yes, camellia oil rocks! I use it for my hair and skin.

BlndeInDisguise
July 9th, 2009, 06:18 AM
Yay! Glad you could figure out how to make your ends happy. :) Your hair looks gorgeous in your avatar!

Nyghtingale
July 9th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Your hair is so pretty and healthy.

dragonfrog
July 9th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Thank you, BlndeInDisguise and Nyghtingale!
It totally makes my day to get compliments from such awe-inspiring longhairs :D

swirlytresses
July 9th, 2009, 02:32 PM
I agree, your hair is gorgeous. It looks so healthy and shiny! Congrats! :)

redneckprincess
July 9th, 2009, 06:52 PM
I am so happy for you that you are getting such good results...but what is Camilia oil? where do you get it?

dragonfrog
July 10th, 2009, 04:57 AM
Thank you swirlytresses!

redneckprincess, I learned about camellia oil by reading the very long thread in the Recipes section http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=456&highlight=camellia+oil. There are several different kinds of camellia oil, and I got Japanese camellia oil from amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Oshima-Tsubaki-Camellia-Hair-Care/dp/B000OWF2M0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=beauty&qid=1247223429&sr=8-1. Hope that helps!

JamieLeigh
July 10th, 2009, 04:53 PM
I'm glad you've found something that works well for you! :flower: I'm still enjoying the benefits of CO that I found after coming here to LHC. :D