PDA

View Full Version : Scalp Only CO wash

Longlocks3
July 8th, 2009, 07:38 PM
After feeling guilty about washing my entire head of hair everyday, I attempted a scalp wash. In the articles section there is a pretty informative one for this but alas, I have no hand held shower head.

I took a plastic clothes hanger, two elastic bands and away I went! I braid a very loose braid, secured it with one elastic, hung the hanger up on the curtain rod in the shower and tied my hair to it.

What did I learn?

1. I need to figure out a better way to secure my hair to the hanger.
2. CO is very hard to wash out this way-for me anyway

Also, if it wasn't for the fact that I was in my birthday suit a video of this would be hilarious! It was very acrobatic!

Does anyone have any other suggestions for a scalp only wash using just conditioner? I'm not sure my scalp got clean enough but that might be my own fault for not scrubbing enough. It was rather difficult to get my scalp by my ears.

Deborah
July 8th, 2009, 08:50 PM
I find it easier to do a scalp-only CO wash at the bathroom sink. I fasten my hair back in a low, loose ponytail, cover it with a hairnet to hold it together, then bend at the waist and wash my scalp with the CO. It works fine and is easy to do. It only takes a few minutes. :)

florenonite
July 8th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Also, if it wasn't for the fact that I was in my birthday suit a video of this would be hilarious! It was very acrobatic!

Put on a bathing suit next time and get a video!

Because you don't have a detachable shower head, could you try pouring water from a jug? I've never done a scalp wash, but that might help you keep your length dry.

Longlocks3
July 8th, 2009, 09:18 PM
I did consider getting a jug or something to help me out but I was too lazy to search for one at the moment. I just wanted a shower. I wanted to wash everything but my length, so that's why I was in the shower and not at the sink.

It was okay I guess, I will maybe try to do a regular CO every other day with a scalp only on the in between days. I'm trying to figure out ways to extend washes and I just have a oily scalp!